Blaze the Bounty Hunter starts working on her Motiva-ca-tion!

Blaze

Tuesday I went to the gym, trying to make it a habit, but I was a bad girl tonight.  Went to the gym after work, sat in the parking lot for awhile.  Then left.  I didn't have my workout schedule, sure, but that's not a very good excuse to skip.  Must go back tomorrow, no excuses.

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”   Vincent Van Gogh

Yesterday I resisted serious temptation.  After work I went to the gym, armed with a new free gym-tracking app and a list of exercises to do.  Yay!  But when I finished it was close to 8 pm and I was flipping' starving!  Yet somehow I succeeded in NOT turning into the McDonald's drive-thru on the way home.  Double-Yay!  And tonight I made meatloaf, without a recipe!  I just went on the vague remembrance of how my mom once tried to teach me make it.  It's not exactly the same, but it looks and smells good.  It's meat in a loaf form!  Triple-Yay!

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”   Vincent Van Gogh

Checking in to check in.  I went to the gym on Wednesday and had a good work-out.   No, seriously!  I did!  It's kinda hard to believe but I'm really trying to make this a regular habit and feel like I'm not the weakest, weak-ass loser at that gym, that I'm not in competition with any of them - only with myself.  And I'm starting to buy that!  Yay!

Counting this week has been... not so much.  Mainly because I'm 47 and my body has now started doing some nasty hormonal shit, I think.  Among other things, it's demanded that I eat half a tub of frozen Moose-Tracks Yogurt last night.  Not cool, body.    Going to try to do better today.  

Sleep is actually going decent.  I've started waking up around 6:20, which sucks because it's a bit ahead of my actual alarm, so then I try to go back to sleep, but once I'm awake my cat knows I'm awake and wants to snuggle and be petted and whatnot, so the snoozing for a few extra minutes rarely works out.  

There's a few things I want to do in the next couple days to add some extra dollars to my Motiva-ca-tion fund.  Saturday, there's an event called Open Doors Milwaukee, which lets people visit all kinds of places in Milwaukee and get tours.  Places we normally wouldn't get to see, or would have to pay to see.  I've already made a list of the places I'd most like to visit, and for every new place I'll get another buck in the jar!  Yay!

And yesterday I did the paperwork (electronic paperwork - that's an oxymoron, right?) to open a Goal Savings account along with my regular checking and savings.  I'm going to name it 'Motiva-ca-tion Jar', (which will be easier that dealing with a physical jar).  And starting tomorrow I should be able to transfer all of my results money from this challenge, as well as $300 or so from the work contest I won during the course of this challenge.  Plus I'm automatically putting in $25 a month.  It's going to be something.  And I just saw this travel site where you can go to Beijing and see the Great Wall and a bunch of other stuff for 8 days, for only about $1000, including airfare!  I may have to expand my list of travel destinations. ^_^

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

I may have to somewhat belay my travel plans.  Something's not right with my car and I need to go in bright and early tomorrow to see what it might be.  I think it's the muffler, so hopefully it won't be too expensive.  

Had another good workout this evening.  Went from 12 to 15 reps fairly smoothly, except for shoulder presses which suck.  And if I eat this kiwi, I think that'll put me at five fruits and veggies for the day, yay!  I did a generally perusal of my numbers for the challenge, and I think I'm going to be earning about $75 altogether for the Motive-ca-tion Jar.  I keep looking at travel websites, trying to figure out where I can go affordably, with a tour of some sort because otherwise I'd be solo.  Groups are more fun and generally safer, too, I think.  

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

BAD NEWS!!! 

All my winnings are going toward car repair this morning. Muffler problems mean no jump start on trip savings, but at least I have the cash to pay and won't go into more debt, and I still have these bounties to collect from this challenge, so that's good.  I'm going to explore today with a friend who doesn't mind driving, and add more $$ to my jar!

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

As I start planning for the next go-around, I realize I need to post how I did on this one.  All pretty good.  I reached goal or slightly over on the big four, and earned a bunch of extras from all my Treat Yo Self challenges.  

Here's the final official tally of the bounties that I earned.

Goal 1 - Don't Half-Ass Tracking - I tracked on 20 days so I earned $10.  I learned something too, something I already knew.  I really hate tracking.  Next go around I have a different idea of how to work this losing weight thing.

Goal 2 - Fake It Till I Make It at the Gym - I've done well here, I think.  Faking it well enough that I feel like I actually know what I'm doing, mostly.  I went on 12 days, so that's $12 for the jar.

Goal 3 - Sleep! - My biggest success of the challenge.  I got good sleep on 26 days, thanks to starting early.  $16 for the jar!

Goal 4 - Share with the Group - By my count, I checked in 20 times and earned my $10.  Yay!

Treat Yo Self Results - i earned $6 for new recipes, $10 for exploring new places, $2 for eating 5 fruits and veggies in a day, totally failed at planking, $3 for resisting serious temptations, $5 for flossing a lot, $5 for drinking a lot, and $1 for removing 50 things from my home.  

FINAL TOTAL = $80 for the Motive-ca-tion Jar!  

Not bad, and what's better is that I actually stuck around for the full challenge and didn't drop out before the finish.  Yay!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter