Last we left Red, He had just defeated the undead Samurai, and continues on his path towards the Temple of the Lich

1_6.png

"Man, this pathway is taking forever! I shoulda made a left at Albuquerque! HA HA HA!" Looking around he noticed that there was no one to hear his joke, "... Oh right." As he pressed on, He heard something faint. He stopped to listen. "Huh, guess I imagined it." 

"Grrrggghh..." "There it is again! OK, there's something definitely out there!" Red looks around and sees a Zombie moving towards him, "Huh, that's odd." He quickly dispatched it, without a second thought. "Heh, is that the best you can do?!" He arrogantly shouts towards no one. 

Before he can take another step, another zombie rises from the dirt. Then another, and another, and another, and another! In a manner of minutes, an entire horde of Zombies are surrounding Red!

3_7.png

Running out of space, he immediately comes up with a plan "OK, so Zombies are uhhh... slow! Slow swings, meaning openings! Openings in their attacks means I can attack back! Got it!"

1. Sliprope Training: "Zombies always swing towards the head, so if I can learn to dodge that swing and attack afterwards I'll survive!" - Using one of my handwraps, I've managed to set up an interesting twist on the shadowboxing aspect of my workout. I will do 3 rounds of Sliprope training:
    1. Round 1: pure movement
    2. Round 2: Step-1-2 Punch combo, Step-1-2 Punch combo, Rinse and Repeat
    3. Round 3: Step-1-4 Punch Combo, Step-1-4 Punch combo, Basically, two swings with the same arm: one cross/jab, the other uppercut/stomach shot
  2. Side-to-Side Pushups: "I've gotta make some room before I get overtaken here!" - Keeping up with increasing the difficulty of my exercises, I'm now adding Side-to-side Push-ups to my routine. I only count 1 rep after going right to left, and left back to right. 
  3. Less Xombox, More NF: "I can't let myself become a zombie! I have to fight that temptation to give in!" - I just recently bought myself an Xbox One Slim, and I REALLY like it, but I can't let it get in the way of my health and seeing you lovely nerds here! So only AFTER seeing all of the threads that I follow, and my exercises, will I allow myself time to play Xbox.
  4. 5 Minutes to Play: Another attempt to get myself to practice the guitar, except this time, starting small, 5 minutes of practice for 3 days (2 of the days will be on my days off, and the 3rd will be on a work day)

4_5.png

• Like 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Kicking off Week Zero with my first attempt at this new routine!

• Sliprope:
    • Steps only - 2:45
    • Step-1-2 - 1:27
    • Step-1-4 - 1:16
  • Side-to-Side Pushups: 5, 4, 3
  • Weighted Pull-ups: 7, 3
  • Weighted Chin-ups: 5, 4
  • Weighted Leg Raises: 15, 7, 7
  • Stretch

I haven't played today although I was really tempted to, to be honest, all I have is one game: DC Universe Online, but I've let myself get into it :P

I still have a few minutes left today to get some guitar practice in!

Also this is hilariously relevant

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

20 hours ago, Myrik said:

Following along for zombie dispatching awesomeness. 

Glad to have you here, Myrik!

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Those zombies are no match for you!

What is sliprope?

Sliprope is a drill boxers use to improve their upper body movement, mainly focused on dodging (or slipping) a punch, it uses a suspended rope and the actual drill is to quickly move on the other side of the rope by ducking underneath it and follow that with either another step or usually with a punch combo. This video is a good example of what I'm talking about:

14 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Following because that Albuquerque joke never gets old

Ha ha ha! I'm glad you liked it!

So yesterday I didn't get a change to do my guitar practice, but earlier today I did! So that's 1/3 done! Tomorrow is my day off and hopefully I'll get some practice in time!

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Awesome stuff brother! I totally dig the sliprope training! *Spoiler* Part of my PvP/co-op plan with you was going to be something shadow boxing related :) 

W0lf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

That sliprope training is really interesting.  I may give that a try sometime, although I doubt it would work very well with a lot of kicking and a lot less punching (which is more or less how I roll when I shadowbox ;) ).  I'm sure you can slay those zombies!

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

5 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Awesome stuff brother! I totally dig the sliprope training! *Spoiler* Part of my PvP/co-op plan with you was going to be something shadow boxing related :) 

W0lf

I only have one response to that:

goodgifhunting.gif

3 hours ago, Nymeria said:

That sliprope training is really interesting.  I may give that a try sometime, although I doubt it would work very well with a lot of kicking and a lot less punching (which is more or less how I roll when I shadowbox ;) ).  I'm sure you can slay those zombies!

Actually you're right. There's not much room for kicks, but it's mainly focused on helping your dodging skills and counterattacks. Unless you have a LOT of room then you could try to throw some kicks in. OK, now I'm curious to know how you shadowbox. But you make a good point, I'll have to do something to make sure that I don't forget how to kick :P

So today, I started off with some remnant DOMS from my last workout.

• Sliprope:
    • Steps only - 1:18
    • Step-1-2 - 1:12
    • Step-1-4 - 1:14
  • Side-to-Side Pushups: 4, 4, 4
  • Weighted Pull-ups: 6, 4
  • Weighted Chin-ups: 5, 3
  • Weighted Leg Raises: 15, 9, 8
  • Stretch

Some thoughts:

1. For the Sliprope, I'm moving forward and backwards, and my body starts to hesitate as I approach my bookshelf (I have maybe 6 ft of space to play with). So that causes my stepping/rhythm to be thrown off. 
  2. As Nym pointed out, there's no room for kicks, so I'm going to have to do something about that.
  3. I think I'll change the 3 rounds, from how they currently are to:
    1. Round 1: 1-2 Punch
    2. Round 2: 1-4 Punch
    3. Round 3: Full punch combos
  4. Side-to-side Pushups hurt.
  5. I've noticed that Leg Raises are much more difficult if I lift up my head while doing them (I recall that it helps build the neck muscles that will be required when grappling)

I've been a good Red today, and have actually been able to catch up to all of the threads so far! ^_^

Guitar practice will happen before Xbox time!

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Red1263 said:

goodgifhunting.gif

Actually you're right. There's not much room for kicks, but it's mainly focused on helping your dodging skills and counterattacks. Unless you have a LOT of room then you could try to throw some kicks in. OK, now I'm curious to know how you shadowbox. But you make a good point, I'll have to do something to make sure that I don't forget how to kick :P

So today, I started off with some remnant DOMS from my last workout.

• Sliprope:
    • Steps only - 1:18
    • Step-1-2 - 1:12
    • Step-1-4 - 1:14
  • Side-to-Side Pushups: 4, 4, 4
  • Weighted Pull-ups: 6, 4
  • Weighted Chin-ups: 5, 3
  • Weighted Leg Raises: 15, 9, 8
  • Stretch

Some thoughts:

1. For the Sliprope, I'm moving forward and backwards, and my body starts to hesitate as I approach my bookshelf (I have maybe 6 ft of space to play with). So that causes my stepping/rhythm to be thrown off. 
  2. As Nym pointed out, there's no room for kicks, so I'm going to have to do something about that.
  3. I think I'll change the 3 rounds, from how they currently are to:
    1. Round 1: 1-2 Punch
    2. Round 2: 1-4 Punch
    3. Round 3: Full punch combos
  4. Side-to-side Pushups hurt.
  5. I've noticed that Leg Raises are much more difficult if I lift up my head while doing them (I recall that it helps build the neck muscles that will be required when grappling)

I've been a good Red today, and have actually been able to catch up to all of the threads so far! ^_^

Guitar practice will happen before Xbox time!

Justs reading about Weighted Pull-ups/Chin-Ups makes my shoulders and arms hurt.

I'm interested in what punch combo you use.  I want to start throwing in some boxing/kickboxing work into my routines. 

• Like 1
On 18/8/2016 at 1:46 AM, Red1263 said:

For the Sliprope, I'm moving forward and backwards, and my body starts to hesitate as I approach my bookshelf (I have maybe 6 ft of space to play with). So that causes my stepping/rhythm to be thrown off. 

I'm no fighting sports expert (far from it) but I'd say conditions aren't static in a fight. My point is you won't always have the same space so it's a good opportunity to practice dodging in a more limited environment. Just, you know, don't knock the bookshelf over :beguiled:

• Like 1

Lvl 58 Multitasker

21 hours ago, Myrik said:

Justs reading about Weighted Pull-ups/Chin-Ups makes my shoulders and arms hurt.

I'm interested in what punch combo you use.  I want to start throwing in some boxing/kickboxing work into my routines. 

Ha ha ha, It's not so bad, once you get used to them :P

Let me see if I can explain clearly what the numbers mean

• 1 - straight jab, (my left usually)
  • 2 - Right Jab (my right)
  • 3 - Left Cross (towards head/face)
  • 4 - Right Uppercut/Body shot
  • 5 - Left Uppercut/Body shot
  • 6 - Right Cross (towards head/face)
  • 7 - Left Cross (towards body/side)
  • 8 - Right Cross (towards body/side)

Now, I've only been officially trained up to 5, so I'm only using what I'm familiar with. But you can look up each Punch combo and mix and match your own.

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'm no fighting sports expert (far from it) but I'd say conditions aren't static in a fight. My point is you won't always have the same space so it's a good opportunity to practice dodging in a more limited environment. Just, you know, don't knock the bookshelf over :beguiled:

Ha ha ha, and as always D_R You always provide me with some insight that I hadn't considered... Provided I don't knock anything over :P

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 8/17/2016 at 5:46 PM, Red1263 said:

goodgifhunting.gif

LMAO! Good deal Red-Brother. 

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I blame what little Krav Maga classes I attended. You can't always pick the battlefield, which includes space and distance from your opponent.

I only took about a months worth and I remember that being preached. Spacing and distance was drilled into each class curriculum lol and for good reason. Ahhh, I miss Krav Maga now. The real world applications were great.

W0lf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

On 8/20/2016 at 6:35 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

I blame what little Krav Maga classes I attended. You can't always pick the battlefield, which includes space and distance from your opponent.

True, and now that I look back, my MT instructor said something similar, that having a RL fight is never going to be like a fight in a dojo/mat. 

On 8/20/2016 at 10:01 AM, Wild Wolf said:

LMAO! Good deal Red-Brother. 

I only took about a months worth and I remember that being preached. Spacing and distance was drilled into each class curriculum lol and for good reason. Ahhh, I miss Krav Maga now. The real world applications were great.

W0lf

That's ok, if I add up the total time I took my classes it'll only add up to a couple of months. but still, these skills are skills that'll stick with me for life!

So I haven't done any exercises lately. on Friday, I went to a bar to celebrate a friend's birthday, I had 2 glasses of Shocktop and danced to '80's music. and had a lot of fun! Unfortunately, I got home at 2 AM and needed to wake up at 5:30 to get to work on Saturday. Despite the lack of sleep, I was actually wake during the mad rush of people and to top it off, one of our other Phlebotomists decided to call off, so I was working understaffed and overwhelmed! Good times. I dropped off my brother at his friend's wedding and just relaxed at home. Sunday, I still feel pretty tired all day, but I was able to take my mom, bro, and niece to see Ben-Hur. then we went to the local costume shop to see if we can finish her Damian Wayne costume, but it seems like ordering it online is cheaper. We're cutting it close with our cosplay, but I think we're going to be great!.. Heh, as soon as I get my energy back. 

I did manage to get in 5 minutes of guitar practice in today, so that's D, A, and E chords down. the next lesson is going to be learning how to transition between chords more quickly. 

OH! And one last thing, I have an incentive! Throughout my challenges I didn't really have anything like a reward for completing them, but now I do! New Violin Strings! I broke the strings sometime ago and I haven't gotten any new ones, so now it'll be what drives me to complete this challenge successfully!

• Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:48 AM, Red1263 said:

Ha ha ha, It's not so bad, once you get used to them :P

Let me see if I can explain clearly what the numbers mean

• 1 - straight jab, (my left usually)
  • 2 - Right Jab (my right)
  • 3 - Left Cross (towards head/face)
  • 4 - Right Uppercut/Body shot
  • 5 - Left Uppercut/Body shot
  • 6 - Right Cross (towards head/face)
  • 7 - Left Cross (towards body/side)
  • 8 - Right Cross (towards body/side)

Now, I've only been officially trained up to 5, so I'm only using what I'm familiar with. But you can look up each Punch combo and mix and match your own.

Thanks for this.  Ill do some research into what punches I am comfortable with.

• Like 1

That sliproping looks like a great drill! Sounds like a fun weekend, even if you didn't get much sleep. Did you enjoy Ben Hur? Reviews have been so-so. We're trying to decide whether to see it or not. We thought about it this weekend, but went to see Kubo and the Two Strings instead. It was really good, I loved the animation in it .

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 8/22/2016 at 0:40 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Guitar, violin and I remember you trying to nail Moonlight Sonata on the piano...

CXwRd1J.png

FIRE!!! That and other fire-related songs will be on my repertoire! 

On 8/22/2016 at 3:02 AM, Myrik said:

Thanks for this.  Ill do some research into what punches I am comfortable with.

Go for it, Myrik. But remember, to always snap your punches back after throwing them, you don't want to leave them out there, lest you give your opponent a chance to pull you off balance.

On 8/22/2016 at 7:53 AM, Elastigirl said:

That sliproping looks like a great drill! Sounds like a fun weekend, even if you didn't get much sleep. Did you enjoy Ben Hur? Reviews have been so-so. We're trying to decide whether to see it or not. We thought about it this weekend, but went to see Kubo and the Two Strings instead. It was really good, I loved the animation in it .

I kinda liked Ben-Hur, I don't remember much of the classic version, so this one was pretty good. I SO wanted to see Kubo, it looked VERY interesting, but my family saw it without me! T_T

Heh, I've been so busy catching up on other people's threads that I've forgotten my own :P

OK So all of Week 1 I haven't/couldn't do any exercises because I was busy shifting my gears to help my family take care of family things. This including driving the nieces to their school and not having enough energy to stay awake and flights and so on. But that weekend was something very fun!

NERDCON!!!

It was our very first convention, and the very first time we cosplayed. It was a BLAST! We spent the entire day Saturday walking around and enjoying ourselves, taking pictures, and having an overall blast! Unfortunately, at 04:40 in the morning that Sunday, my niece awoke us all with a seizure and scared the living crap out of all of us. She's OK now, and has no recollection of the event, but that cut the weekend short. But as far as we all are aware, we've no idea why she seized the way she did. 

So Monday, it was back to the grind with life.

• Sliprope:
    • Steps only - 1:25
    • Step-1-2 - 0:58
    • Step-1-4 - 1:09
  • Side-to-Side Pushups: 5, 4, 3
  • Weighted Pull-ups: 6, 5
  • Weighted Chin-ups: 6, 4
  • Weighted Leg Raises: 15, 15, 8
  • Stretch

It felt good to get back into the fray again. Ironically enough, I had planned on waking up early on that Sunday to hit the Hotel's 24 hour fitness center, but that didn't pan out at all :P. Today, I got a good 5-7 minutes of Guitar practice and did a round of Shadowboxing for W0lf's challenge. Xbox hasn't been played in a good while, because I've been busy keeping up with the nerds and due to my every day running around. So all in all, I'm doing pretty well!

14183683_1538845539474954_65404399981565

It's GC as Nightwing, Youngest niece as Damian Wayne/Robin, Me as Red X, Oldest niece as Zatanna, and Blue as Red Hood.

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 8/31/2016 at 7:38 AM, Elastigirl said:

Love the costumes. Sorry about your niece's seizure, hoping she is better now. 

I appreciate your concern. Heh, she's fine, and no memory of what happened. It's something from an anime, she's still her usual goofy self.

OK So yesterday I was thinking about W0lf's shadowboxing thing and I decided to slightly change my sliprope drills

• Sliprope:
    • Step-1-2 - :52
    • Step-1-4 - 1:45
    • Combos - 1:42
  • Side-to-Side Pushups: 4, 4, 3
  • Weighted Pull-ups: 5, 5
  • Weighted Chin-ups: 6, 4
  • Weighted Leg Raises: 15, 15, 9
  • Stretch

So rather than just do steps only, I decided to start off with 1-2 punches for the first round, Jab-body shot for the second round, and for the third round, I did this

• When I'm on the left side of the Rope: 1-2-3 Punch combo
  • When I'm on the right side of the Rope: 1-Step-1-2 Punch combo

I've noticed that I since the right side combo causes me to move forward, I made sure I took a big step backwards when I'm on the left side, so I moved in something like a triangle. It's actually pretty good, a bit more fiddling with these changes and I should be able to get some kicks/knees thrown in.

Today was guitar practice, I didn't keep track of the time but I got between 7-10 minutes today. 

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

... what... what did I just watch? O.o

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

hey Red! I love that photo. I have seen someone having a seizure before and it was so scary - mostly because I was helpless. glad she's back to normal. :)

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.