Marauder just wants to have fun, again.

Marauder

'Cause I'm back...

In the true spirit of nine lives, I am getting my shit together over here.  There is a true link between how often and involved I am over here on the boards and my quest for improved strength and mobility, so...  my gift to myself (and you, lets admit) is this music-filled challenge thread.  If nothing else, the playing of awesome music every morning as I post to my thread keeps me signing on ;) (and dancing at my desk most of the morning).

Goals will be simple.

1.  Dance to a great song every morning, post it here daily for the greater good.

2.  Workout 3 times/week.  Can be yoga, weight training, bww, whatevs (but a real effort... don't be a slacker).

3.  3 meals daily, eliminate all unnecessary snacking (because that business adds UP).  

4.  Walk 2 miles, 5/7 days.

5.  Limit alcohol to 2 glasses per week.

6.  Keep up with all my nerd friends at least once weekly.

I would also like to keep up my minimalism track as well as adulting all the things, so I will post about that here as well, but not goal related this challenge.

• Like 9

Rangering since Sept 2015

Hi Marauder! This sounds like it will be a great challenge!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I've been listening to a lot more dance/electronic music lately so I'll be dancing along with ya ;) 

brad-dance.gif

W0lf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Following!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Dance party?  I love dance parties..  Count me in too. 

tumblr_nwnaroDZwU1rr72hoo2_250.gif

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Excuse me I heard there was dancing?

puQNst2.gif

• Like 6

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

14 hours ago, Marauder said:

Awesomeness.  I'm pretty sure I had that soundtrack.  Doh!

I'm pretty sure I saw that in the theater...

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Technically not 80s, but with the 80s vibe and appropriate to my ails.

It is a bit depressing to say, but I am exactly the weight I was when I first logged onto NF almost exactly 11 months ago.  Sigh...   It ain't muscle either folks.  ha!  We are only talking about an 8 pound down and back up, but still a bit demoralizing.  That shit needs to GO.  With that said, Im having a bit of an enthusiasm hurdle.  Even week zero hype!!  I need to summon some energy from somewhere.  C'mon 80s!

I've got 2 days to ramp up the groove.  

• Like 5

Day (-)2

It's been a quiet week zero over here.  

Honestly, it was mostly spent with me trying to psych myself up for this challenge.  I've been in a not great headspace with my fitness and diet.  In reality, the fact that I celebrate my one-year nerdiversary this challenge is possibly the only reason I posted a challenge at all.  I went out with a bang yesterday with 3 shitty meals.  (It was my youngest 15th birthday and there was ice cream cake and eating out).  I went to bed feeling just ick, but woke up feeling determined and frankly a bit pissed at myself for all the excuses this last month.

Today:

• a good walk already in.  of note, podcasts make me walk slow, music gets me moving.  make playlists.  lots of playlists. 
  • several nerd threads caught up on this morning.
  • bookmarked my old NF Academy dumbbell division workout (the new workouts have no dumbbells option? boo.) and am committed to doing it for this challenge.  it is the workout that I hate least.  It's not a pretty way to say it, but it's true.  I am not a lover of working out.
  • decided I can reward myself after the challenge with perhaps a barbell?  not sure if that will be sufficient for moving past just dumbbells or if I even need to... I'll have to look into this later and what other things I would need to make it work.  may end up being too $$ if I need rack, benches, etc.  I know nothing of this.
  • I need to track my food.  Sigh.  I SO HATE THIS.  I will do it for one week as a reality check on my consumption.  I'll analyze and go from there.  The reality check may be all I need, it may not be.

Week 1 plans:

• daily walk with music to keep my pace up a bit
  • dumbbell workout M/W/F
  • track food.  SUCK.
  • adulting before Guild Wars.  you know, like an actual adult.

ETA:  Today is 4 months of shopping ban.  I ended up having to buy a new computer (which awesomely came with some new headphones free).  That was a necessary expense as the old one was having serious problems.  Thankfully it is still usable for my daughter's needs, so she has a homework computer now.  I definitely spent more than was strictly necessary and got a nicer model but I work at home so it's deductible AND I buy a computer about every 7 years so I'm not gonna sweat it.  Otherwise, no unnecessary expenditures since last update.  I foresee that fall is going to be rough though.  We are likely switching phone carriers and will probably need 2 new phones (ugh) and my fall capsule wardrobe is lacking.  Still going to rock out the summer capsule wardrobe for another couple of weeks at least I think.  Then I will re-assess clothing needs.  Phones, ugh.  I hate spending money on that crap, but I also don't want to go without either.

• Like 7

First things first: EVERYBODY DANCE NOW! (I love all the memes! =p) 

Also, you play Guild Wars!?!?!? The first one or the second? I played the first one religiously for YEARS, such an amazing game (I primarily played PvP, I was strictly a monk, and I have to say, I was pretty damn good...oh the glory days of high school)! The second one, I was in college and didn't get to really get into it as much as I probably would have otherwise.  

Yay for a new computer, and for awesome goals and plans to make them happen! 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

First things first: EVERYBODY DANCE NOW! (I love all the memes! =p) 

Also, you play Guild Wars!?!?!? The first one or the second? I played the first one religiously for YEARS, such an amazing game (I primarily played PvP, I was strictly a monk, and I have to say, I was pretty damn good...oh the glory days of high school)! The second one, I was in college and didn't get to really get into it as much as I probably would have otherwise.  

Yay for a new computer, and for awesome goals and plans to make them happen! 

I swear we are twins born like 20 years apart. :D   I play GW2.  I would totally play GW1 even now, but not no Mac version.  boo!  I have mostly been doing PvE open world stuff, but want to do some dungeon stuff.  My guild is a little lame though, they just hang around in chat talking about their awesome armor and sigils... sigh.  I may need to find a new one.  I've dabbled in PvP, but mostly I just hang out in the very civilized "daily" rooms to get my daily achievements in.  I do better in open world because I'm old and a little slow on reaction times.  Plus, I can run away.  haha!  I imagine I would die PDQ in actual PvP.  I have a sword/axe ranger (of course) and a elementalist.  There are no monks in GW2.  Bummer.  

• Like 2