Frost - been away too long

I needed a break, so I took one, made a few changes and now I am back

While I was gone I transitioned into a morning runner; I won't lie the first few times was horrible but however it has now become a routine to the fact that I actually like getting up and going running; the plus is it gives me an extra half hour day just to myself, which honestly a quiet house while drinking coffee and prepping for the day is really nice

Mapped out some hilly runs that I plan on keeping on training during the fall/winter to get ready for some Spring races

Goals

Run 4 days a week, MWF plus a long run on the weekends

Strength TThS

Water, I have been drinking way to much beer so I'm challenging myself to a gallon of water a day

Food, I have also been eating like crap more so recently so I have to get back on track with that, more grilled chicken salad for lunch

Upcoming races, 9/25 Arsenal City 5k, 10/9 Hannaford Half Marathon, 10/2? Castaway Cay 5k

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

So confession with the heat and humidity of the past few weeks my miles have taken a nose dive, so this morning I took advantage of the 60 degree weather and headed out the door, because I haven't been running my brain was planning on just a 5k my legs on the other hand decided that it wanted to run a 4 miler and took off; which I saw some beautiful colors coming over the ridge at sunrise and an 8 point buck with two does grazing in a field, so I'm glad I listened to my legs.

I started de-cluttering my car port last night just getting rid of crap and it looks so much better and I'm only half way through so my goal tonight is to completely empty it since we have a person coming over tomorrow to take it to the dump for us

Goal for next week is to make iced tea to bring to work. Herbal tea makes for an awesome iced tea too

Plan on running Batman this weekend 

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

So my niece and nephew stopped by last night so I got a little bit later start than I wanted, no complaints it was just as it was getting to the point of where I couldn't see I had three mice jump out at me from the last three boxes I grabbed so I decided to call it a night; I saw the cat so I grabbed him put him in the car port kicked a few boxes and left so hopefully he had a fun night and there will be less mice this afternoon

Goal of today is to do my core work out around lunch time

• Like 1

Daily Mile

Woke up with "Mystery Fish" in my head which has an awesome beat to run to......

The car port is clean and the guys are there to pick up all this shit as I type, so when I get home later and the pile of junk is gone I will feel like I have accomplished something 

• Like 2

Daily Mile

On 8/23/2016 at 9:58 AM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Woke up with "Mystery Fish" in my head which has an awesome beat to run to......

Do you mean "Mystery Fish" by Aesop Rock? If so I love his new album especially that song!

58 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

After a week of contemplating I have decided to go cold turkey, as long as I keep busy and work out I should be fine and not turn into to much of a dick....here's to hoping

What you going cold turkey on if you don't mind me asking?

Yea have been rocking the new album since it came out, I even have my kids singing along to Kirby

If I can't be honest where I'm faceless where can I be, but alcohol and pot; to say the last half decade+ hasn't been stressful would be a lie

• Like 2

Daily Mile

4 minutes ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Yea have been rocking the new album since it came out, I even have my kids singing along to Kirby

If I can't be honest where I'm faceless where can I be, but alcohol and pot; to say the last half decade+ hasn't been stressful would be a lie

Me too I have it on repeat when I am at work and my kids love kirby too and want me to put the video on all the time.

But i feel you, in this last year I managed to quit smoking cigs and drinking. Smoking was cold turkey and drinking was tapered off. The pot for me was cold turkey a few years ago due to a job. But like you said with your exercise and work you should come out the other side just fine.

So good luck and I know you can do it!

On 9/6/2016 at 11:02 AM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I can't imagine quitting totally is an easy move to make, but probably the right one. Is the aforementioned working out and keeping busy helping so far?

Level 6 Demon Hunter, Novice Troubadour

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Current Challenge

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."