There and Back Again - Tundralily's Tale of Coming Home

tundralily

Last time on the Rebellion

hobbit.jpg

I'm back! My last couple challenges were a struggle to get through. I was tired, depressed, and fighting to find a way to come home. My spouse and I were living 3000 miles from home, and desperately trying to figure out work/jobs to make it happen. 

A miracle dropped out of the sky in March and I moved back home in April. We did it guys! My spouse and I are living in a gorgeous city in Northern Ontario close to our families (3 hours drive) and both have great jobs. I can't begin to express how lucky I feel or how grateful I am that we were able to make the move. The darkness lurking around inside the last couple years from being so fucking homesick all the time is gone. I can see my family and best friends whenever I want, go family camping, canoe with my best friends, and do all the things I desperately missed doing. I still wake up in our apartment thinking that this is all a dream and that its not real. 

So we made it there and back again! This quest is about coming back again, and finding out what to do next. I have been so focused on getting home the last couple years I was kind of at a loss for what to do next. How to actually make plans and settle down and building a forever home.

screen-shot-2015-01-19-at-9-32-54-pm.png

Main Quest

Health, wholeness and healing in body, mind, and spirit.

Motivation

I will face each day with an open heart, be adventurous in all the ways that piqued my curiosity, have specific long-term goals, and practice kindness and compassion towards myself. I will meet myself where I am with love, compassion, and without judgement. I will celebrate the smallest of successes and be gentle with myself if I fail, focusing instead on learning what works for me. I am a unstoppable, untamed and wild force of nature when I go through life with all of my mind, body and soul.

Challenge Aim:

Taking some inspiration from Biblo Baggins, who made it there and back again from the Misty Mountains as we ponder the future and what's next for me in the shire! I find it ironic that we know much about Biblo's life during his adventure to Erebor and back, but what happened to him in the time after until Frodo arrives in the LOTR? Now I am not a hobbit (I'm 6'0!!!) and have always related more to the elves in LOTR, but re-read the Hobbit this summer and related to alot of what Biblo was feeling. Feeling inspired for a hobbit challenge!

Quest 1: Go Forward? The only thing to do!

d6ffe019948bcf534950875473b6c9d4.jpg

My fitness level wasn't were it was 6 months ago. I lost my consistency and habit of working out and miss it! My first quest is to complete 3 level 2 bodyweight workouts from the academy a week, for a total of 12 workouts. 

Quest 2: Party Like Hobbits!

41lqR-VTm7L.jpg

My spouse and I are in the midst of a 30 day challenge to fix our eating habits. I got out of control on sugar and junk food this summer and partied like hobbits with too much alcohol! Our challenge is to not eat sugar, chips, chocolate, or alchohol or pop for 30 days. 10 days in, things are going well and I'm working it into my challenge to keep motivated. 

Quest 3: A Morning to be Good on

3e5d62bb7b58a5ce34bc617ad6d2d4bd.jpg

I have a never ending battle with sleeping in too late and not getting out of bed on time. It's been a struggle for as long as I remember. So this challenge, I'm going to try a tiny habit! On thursdays, I'm not going to sleep in past my alarm or reset it to a later time. Period. Any other day it doesn't matter (yet, will tackle it one day at a time). 

• Like 6

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Challenge Summary

Quest 1: Go forward, the only way to go! 3 bodyweight workouts/ week 

Week 1: x / 3
Week 2: x / 3
Week 3: x / 3
Week 4: x / 3

Quest 2: Party like a hobbit! No sugar, chips, chocolate, pop or alcohol for 30 days (ends  September 8)

Week 1: 

Week 2:
Week 3: 
Week 4:

Quest 3: A morning to be good on. Wake up on time with no alarm resetting on Thursdays

Week 1:  x / 1

Week 2: x / 1
Week 3:  x / 1
Week 4: x / 1

• Like 1

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Challenge posted! 

95c1fdec51b19a09190b3989bded4eae.jpg

• Like 2