Dagger Joins the Adventurers' Guild

Dagger

Hello all, especially all adventurers!

I just joined you all. It was time. And because I did, I guess I should talk a little about myself. A more comprehensive introduction is in my intro thread (surprise! surprise!) found in my signature.

I'm 27, Swede (yes, I'm blond, but not THAT blond), fiction writer, and general lover of interesting sentence structure. I started my nerdiness by gaming on SNES, Nintendo 64, Game Boy and Game Boy Color (yes, I got a pink one).

I choose my nick because of FFIX which I've only played until the princess (right?) gets the nickname Dagger. Well, I played a little more after that, but I can't remember. I'm much more of a Super Mario fan. I also read a lot, mainly fantasy (no, not GoT, if I want to read about misery I read the news (aka I read neither)) and mystery. These are also the genres I most often write in or plan to write in.

I started my fitness/NF/LUYL/everything journey in May this year. I haven't really tried to get fit before that. Well, one attempt of doing Zumba three times a week which had to end when my knees started shrieking at me and they took probably around two months to stop aching. Basically jumping around a lot when you are overweight is apparently not that helpful. I did start the journey with Zumba again, but I skipped the jumping and my knees were/are fine.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm sorry I'm not a picture or gif person. So you'll have to live with "boring" text. (Text can never be boring, just want to be clear. ;))

I'm very much someone who tries to do ALL THE THINGS and get discouraged. So this first set of goals you see? Expect them to change during the first week. Still, there will be a lot, but some of them are just adjustments and/or I'm still working at integrating them fully.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Why I decided now was a good time to join the Adventurers was because I'm going on a hiking/walking trip August 25 to September 3. I'll be going to Austria. It is arranged by a local health retreat and I won't have a complete schedule until some time during August 25, so I don't know how much challenge things I can do.

Basically I will suspend the challenge during those 10 days. There are certain things I'll still try to get done, like my steps (hiking, hello!) and probably a few other things. But I also just want to enjoy myself.

My writing goal, which is for fiction, will change to non-fiction during the trip because I want to write about it and later publish it on my blog (probably).

~*~*~*~*~*~

If you wonder anything more about me, I have a lot of links in my footer (intro, battle log (pretty dead, only monthly reviews right now), previous challenges).

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lets start this trip!

I have ordered these in importance. That means that the goals most liable to disappear are those with a higher number.

Fitness

1. 7'500 steps per day until August 4. 8'000 steps per day for the rest of the challenge. (28 + 7 (zero week) = 35 days)
  2. Morning walk will by the end of challenge start before 8:00 every day. 1-2 skipped walks per week is alright. (5*4 + 5*1 = 25 walks - 8 during trip = 17 walks; not counting the timing except by Pass/Fail.)
  3. Yoga 2x per week and/or 1 hour total per week. (2*4 + 2*1 and/or 1*4 + 1*1 = 10 sessions and/or 5 hours - 3 and/or 1.5 = 7 sessions and/or 3.5 hours)

I did yoga until part way through my last challenge, so the last two weeks I haven't done it. But I've started to get restless and I think my body wants me to start back with it. It is very provisional though and won't count for my score I think. Not that I score much beyond counting.

Nutrition

1. No sweets from 18:00. No food from 22:00. (28 (no requirement during zero week) = 28 days - 10 = 18 days)
  2. Food journal every day. (28 + 7 = 35 days - 10 = 25 days)
  3. Cook one slow cooker meal per week. (1*4 + 1*1 = 5 meals - 2 = 3 meals)

I might switch my food journal to a public one partway through the challenge (after my trip?), but I haven't decided yet. I've noticed it doesn't benefit me as much as it did the first two weeks (just started my fourth). But I'm not willing to start using some app. I'm not counting calories and only writing measures when it is easy. I like cooking food and I'm not ready to try and quantify that if I ever will be.

Level Up Your Life

1. Write 1'000 words per week and/or 5 days per week. (1000*4 + 600*1 and/or 5*4 = 4600 words and/or 20 sessions - 1.5*1000 and/or 8 = 3100 words and/or 12 sessions (not counting possible non-fiction words))
  2. Writing should start close to 9:30 by end of challenge. (Pass/Fail)
  3. Shower after morning walk every day or soon after getting up on days with no morning walk. (28 days - 10 = 18 days)

Lol, I am showering. I'm just putting a lot of focus on structuring my days and having the same routine every morning and evening is part of that.

Extra Credit

This I want to get done, none of them actually mandatory. I won't have any targets for these. I'll just note if/when I do them.

• Study Japanese every day.
  • Personal goal before camp: "NFA quest - Cool Down" and "NFA quest - First workout".
  • Camp stuff: ESTA (mandatory!), travel insurance (mandatory!), maybe costume, and maybe glow in the dark clothes.
  • Read a section of The Buddhist Bootcamp book before morning walk every day and meditate/think on the section while walking.
  • Learn more about local martial art dojo (Jujutsu Kai). Visit booth during culture night September 3 (same day I come back from trip... >___<) or go to a training to watch/participate.
  • Learn more about local yoga studio (Ashtanga). Go to first session, September 6.
  • House/Life chores, one per week except weeks I'm traveling. So trying for 3 things (counting zero week) beside normal day-to-day chores.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Geez! Did I tell you I have a problem with ALL THE THINGS? Good thing (unintended pun!) I put most of it in the extra credit section, which means those tasks should not happen before the actually challenge goals... except if I have motivation to get that stuff done. I'm not above adjusting; I listened to my mind, body, and emotions. I don't slack, but I don't push myself very hard because then I break rather than get more done. See this for more information about how it works, and for laughs and/or tears (of recognition).

~*~*~*~*~*~

Yes, my updates tend to be novels. Deal with it. :3

And no, I don't often provide TL;DR (I provide it so seldom my fingers where sure it was DL;RT or DR;LT or some other combination of letters.)

TTFN!

• Like 11

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

No gifs? D: On the interwebs? How dare you.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

12 hours ago, fleaball said:

No gifs? D: On the interwebs? How dare you.

tumblr_mjescyl5qw1qbxnzho1_500.gif

giphy.gif

PS. It took too much work for me to figure out how to get these gifs to show! Argh! I'll go back to references... :P

• Like 3

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

44 minutes ago, PollyannaAgain said:

Busy! Good luck with your challenge! Are you still doing the Wordwar Z thing?

Thanks!

Yeah, I am. I'm on the Writing for the Weekend challenge since it has a weekly word count.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Found you! Following again.

<3

~*~*~*~*~*~

I want to say that I'm trying to figure out what is up with me today, but that doesn't really describe what I feel.

The last week and a half I've let myself go somewhat. I've paid lip service to my goals (hence the change on the sweets/dinner goal to a specific cut off time). I feel at such loose ends.

Music makes me cry. It only does with a few very specific sad songs or when I feel completely off.

Why am I doing this again?

I can answer that intellectually: to be able to do everything I want to do. To have a good hiking trip. To have more fun at NF camp.

But I don't feel the answer inside. I look at those things and go: eh?

That is not the response I want to have.

I wonder why I have to feel this way when I'm been making strides. For fuck's sake, I'm walking more than 7500 steps per day when in May I was walking 3000 steps.

Today, I really didn't want to take a walk in the afternoon. I knew I needed steps since I skipped my morning walk. I really didn't want to but I went out anyway, convinced myself to explore a new area (I've been there when it was snow everywhere, it looked different), then I took another path back, remembered I wanted to check something out and the walk ended up 1 h and 20 mins and the walk itself was probably around 8000 steps. I'm over 10'000 steps today which is the daily goal I'm working towards.

That is all good, so why don't I care? It isn't that I don't care. It isn't that I couldn't care less. It is just I look at that and I shrug.

I hate feeling like this. It is a kind of lack of emotion, but not really because I'm sad or maybe unhappy is a better word.

Sorry for the unhappiness, I hope you guys feel much better.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Fitness

1. Steps. 7'500+: 3 days.
  2. Morning walk: 2 times in Week 1. On time: N/A.
  3. Yoga: 0

Nutrition

1. No sweets from 18:00: 0.
  2. Food journal every day: 3 days.
  3. Cook one slow cooker meal per week: 0.

Level Up Your Life

1. Write 1'000 words per week and/or 5 days per week: 0.
  2. Writing should start close to 9:30 by end of challenge: N/A.
  3. Shower in the morning: 1.

Extra Credit

This I want to get done, none of them actually mandatory. I won't have any targets for these. I'll just note if/when I do them.

• Study Japanese every day: 3 days.
  • NFA quest - Cool Down: N/A
  •  NFA quest - First workout: N/A.
  • Camp stuff: ESTA (mandatory!), travel insurance (mandatory!), maybe costume, and maybe glow in the dark clothes. N/A.
  • Read a section of Buddhist Bootcamp before morning walk: 1 time.
  • Learn more about local martial art dojo (Jujutsu Kai). Visit booth during culture night September 3 (same day I come back from trip... >___<) or go to a training to watch/participate. N/A.
  • Learn more about local yoga studio (Ashtanga). Go to first session, September 6. N/A.
  • House/Life chores: 1 (bought more food containers).
  • Like 3

Is it possible that feeling meh about your goals is just being resistant to change? Like you know it's good for you and want to do all these things, but ugggggh it takes effort and you're changing your routine and the way you lived your life a few months ago maybe wasn't the best but it was your routine and it was comforting in its familiarity even if it wasn't comfortable in and of itself? That blows, but it should pass once you get used to the new stuff. If that's not it, I'm out of ideas other than to say just stick with what you're doing and hopefully your mindset will change anyway.

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I wish I had an answer for you because I relate so much to this. Is there something you enjoy that has nothing to do with eating and goals? maybe do that for a while and give yourself some slack as you sort through it? another option is to look at images of the kind of stuff you want to do (for me, it's dancing, so I look at SYTYCD routines and Misty Copeland videos to get inspired), but that usually only works for little things. Like, I do NOT want to eat my veggie snacks today. I want to eat the Doritos my supervisor brought in to share. Then I look at Misty's legs and I'm all OH THAT. I WANT THAT. 

I don't know if it'll work for you, but maybe it can help a bit. 

another thing i do when I'm feeling bleh and can't pinpoint it, I look back in my week and see if there were any instances that I can pinpoint a specific emotion, and I write it down. It's a trick from therapy that for some reason really helps me get back on the mend. Like calling it what it is is 90% of the battle and then I can say "oh, it's just sadness from hearing about this family issue." then I can move on. 

I'm gonna second @fleaball and say don't give up! You have come a long ways and of course there are going to be some hiccups! But you are such a fighter and such an inspiration! You're and ADVENTURER. You've got this. :) And you've got us cheering you on in this community. 

• Like 5

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

4 hours ago, Dagger said:

I look at those things and go: eh?

Hang in there, Dagger. My take, (for what it's worth, your mileage may vary), is that you're going through a post-shiny slump. When we first start on a project, we are excited and inspired and oh-so-ready to do ALL THE THINGS. And we do, with great enthusiasm. And we see some gains ("Hey look, these pants are a little looser! And look, I walked half a mile without wanting to die and I couldn't do it before, I'M AWESOME!!") so we keep going. Everything is new and shiny and exciting.

And then..... it's not so shiny anymore. It sinks in that the new habits aren't "just until" but "always," and really isn't walking overrated? And why was I so excited about walking half a mile, just because I couldn't do it before? It's not like I ran a marathon. And so what if the waistband on those jeans aren't cutting me in half anymore - I'm still huge. Blah blah blah (shut up brain).

I don't know what causes this phenomena, I only know that it has hit me every time I start try something new. Every. Single. Time. Maybe @fleaball is right, and we are trying to maintain the status quo (better the devil you know and all that). Maybe the reward of better health and new opportunities is too slow in coming and too vague for our lizard brain that just wants a mealworm NOW dammit. Or maybe there is something deeper going on. I'm no therapist, so I don't know.

I do know that when I've given up, I've regretted it. And it's the reason why I'm still overweight and out of shape and dreaming of being able to do things that fit people take for granted. Like being able to sprint just because. Or being able to get up from the floor without using my hands (or a forklift). 

Maybe think of working on your goals like taking antibiotics when you don't feel sick anymore; you know if you don't finish the course the infection will just come back even worse so you keep taking them even tho that little voice is saying "this is stupid I feel fine." And you keep working on your goals even when there seems to be no point to it, so that when you get past this feeling you won't be back at square one.

Or here's another way to think of it: 10 years from now, when you look back on Summer, 2016, will you remember how you feel right now, or will you remember conquering the rope course at NF Camp and thinking, "I can't believe how much fun that was! Let's go again!"

• Like 6

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

(I actually wrote last three parts first. I'm not sure if it makes more sense to read them in the order I wrote them...)

16 hours ago, fleaball said:

Is it possible that feeling meh about your goals is just being resistant to change? Like you know it's good for you and want to do all these things, but ugggggh it takes effort and you're changing your routine and the way you lived your life a few months ago maybe wasn't the best but it was your routine and it was comforting in its familiarity even if it wasn't comfortable in and of itself? That blows, but it should pass once you get used to the new stuff. If that's not it, I'm out of ideas other than to say just stick with what you're doing and hopefully your mindset will change anyway.

I think this is definitely part of it. It is hard to build momentum and it isn't always fun. Until I get to cruising speed, I'm sure the resistance to change will rear its ugly head from time to time. Thanks for reminding me of this one.

14 hours ago, durfette said:

I wish I had an answer for you because I relate so much to this. Is there something you enjoy that has nothing to do with eating and goals? maybe do that for a while and give yourself some slack as you sort through it? another option is to look at images of the kind of stuff you want to do (for me, it's dancing, so I look at SYTYCD routines and Misty Copeland videos to get inspired), but that usually only works for little things. Like, I do NOT want to eat my veggie snacks today. I want to eat the Doritos my supervisor brought in to share. Then I look at Misty's legs and I'm all OH THAT. I WANT THAT. 

I don't know if it'll work for you, but maybe it can help a bit. 

another thing i do when I'm feeling bleh and can't pinpoint it, I look back in my week and see if there were any instances that I can pinpoint a specific emotion, and I write it down. It's a trick from therapy that for some reason really helps me get back on the mend. Like calling it what it is is 90% of the battle and then I can say "oh, it's just sadness from hearing about this family issue." then I can move on. 

I'm gonna second @fleaball and say don't give up! You have come a long ways and of course there are going to be some hiccups! But you are such a fighter and such an inspiration! You're and ADVENTURER. You've got this. :) And you've got us cheering you on in this community. 

I partly already made a change to focus on more things I enjoy: writing. Actually my goal of reading back in May and June was to get back into that enjoyable hobby. Maybe I should think more about making sure I'm also adding things I purely enjoy to my goals. Writing kinda works and kinda not. I find it hard to sit down and just do it, but when I do? So much fun times.

Perhaps, I need to approach that like I did reading. Of course, I'd been a complete bookworm before, but not a writing-all-the-time-person. *grins* But I'm trying to change in other ways, so why not this one?

I'll think more about my writing goal and figure out how I can tackle that in a way that make sure I add it into every day.

Looking at pictures... I guess it is time to create an inspiration board/folder. I talk a little more about that below.

I always try to figure out why I'm feeling like I am. I couldn't pinpoint it yesterday because I was too overwhelmed, but below I think I've figured out why or part of the why with the addition of what @fleaball said.

14 hours ago, durfette said:

I'm quoting this again, because I really, really, really appreciate you saying this. I'm kinda gråtmild/teary (see below) today too, but today in a good way. So thanks.

13 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Hang in there, Dagger. My take, (for what it's worth, your mileage may vary), is that you're going through a post-shiny slump. When we first start on a project, we are excited and inspired and oh-so-ready to do ALL THE THINGS. And we do, with great enthusiasm. And we see some gains ("Hey look, these pants are a little looser! And look, I walked half a mile without wanting to die and I couldn't do it before, I'M AWESOME!!") so we keep going. Everything is new and shiny and exciting.

And then..... it's not so shiny anymore. It sinks in that the new habits aren't "just until" but "always," and really isn't walking overrated? And why was I so excited about walking half a mile, just because I couldn't do it before? It's not like I ran a marathon. And so what if the waistband on those jeans aren't cutting me in half anymore - I'm still huge. Blah blah blah (shut up brain).

I don't know what causes this phenomena, I only know that it has hit me every time I start try something new. Every. Single. Time. Maybe @fleaball is right, and we are trying to maintain the status quo (better the devil you know and all that). Maybe the reward of better health and new opportunities is too slow in coming and too vague for our lizard brain that just wants a mealworm NOW dammit. Or maybe there is something deeper going on. I'm no therapist, so I don't know.

Thanks. This feels like a lot of truth. So maybe it is what I said below, what Fleaball said and this you said.

I would have thought this would hit earlier. Since I've been doing this since May. I remember June feeling hard, but I didn't feel like just settling. July was mostly good.

Maybe it was time. Maybe writing out the challenge made me see again how much I'm planing to do although I've given myself my hiking trip kind of free.

Maybe that is a problem too. So many parts to that feeling I had yesterday which I'm sure is still lurking inside because I haven't worked through it yet, just put a bandage on it.

I'm not planing to let go completely during my hiking trip. Today, I actually remembered that I can still curb some sweets without being all restrictive. I have this wanting of not struggling during vacation. I guess most people just want to let go and do whatever during vacation. I want that and I don't want that. However, since I will get no schedule or anything until the trip starts I can't exactly plan.

I do know that when I've given up, I've regretted it. And it's the reason why I'm still overweight and out of shape and dreaming of being able to do things that fit people take for granted. Like being able to sprint just because. Or being able to get up from the floor without using my hands (or a forklift). 

Maybe think of working on your goals like taking antibiotics when you don't feel sick anymore; you know if you don't finish the course the infection will just come back even worse so you keep taking them even tho that little voice is saying "this is stupid I feel fine." And you keep working on your goals even when there seems to be no point to it, so that when you get past this feeling you won't be back at square one.

Sometimes I want that forklift too, and hands are always required.

I guess I have done better these last week and a half than I give myself credit for. Even if I've put off dinner a few times to have more sweets. I have followed my goals after a fashion. I didn't just quit. I haven't skipped my step goal even once since I started (except when sick = totally alright!). No sadness or bad feeling or lack of motivation have stood in my way to get my steps. I did write. I did do all the things if not as diligently or well as I could have wanted.

How often do I have to remember to reframe reality into one that actually reflects it (reality) more?

That is why I love all you guys so much. You remind me to do that even when you don't use the words.

Calling it lip service isn't exactly dishonest, but it is certainly looking at the last week and a half in a bad light. A good light is just as well and makes me happier and if I'm happier I'm more likely to continue working on it.

here's another way to think of it: 10 years from now, when you look back on Summer, 2016, will you remember how you feel right now, or will you remember conquering the rope course at NF Camp and thinking, "I can't believe how much fun that was! Let's go again!"

More likely the second way. Not only that, I'll probably have forgotten all this emotional pain and just remember some vague struggle. This forum will stand as the testament to what really happened.

That is one of the reasons I write about bad days. Yes, sometimes I really need the encouragement. But sometimes it is just so I won't forget and brush something off. I don't want to go: "Walking is so easy to just start. Just go do 10'000 steps per day and you will be so much happier." I don't ever want to get jaded or forget how much it takes. I don't forget how much it took for me. How much time and pain and struggle.

I've earned the blood, sweat and tears. I'm not giving them up.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm going to do some thinking on the page.

I think a big part of the reason I felt so freaking gråtmild (kinda means tearful, but more like close to tears and it doesn't have to be about bad stuff, although yesterday it really was) yesterday was because I'd been backsliding for a week and a half at that point. As I said, I paid lip service to my goals and I wasn't happy about that because I wasn't feeling that bad.

I think I've figured out why though. There is this research I read somewhere that said that once you (general you) reach a goal, you feel accomplished and might/will stop doing the thing you were doing even if you aren't done. I've often heard it when it comes to writers (being a writer that is surely much surprising...). How when they manage to get publish or win a contest or award or something, suddenly the writing becomes seriously hard to get to. Not that the actual writing is suddenly harder, but their drive/motivation is gone.

I set as a goal to get below 250# so I could do the rope course. Hit that much faster and easier than I thought I would. (It took 3 weeks (although the first one I wasn't trying), I was almost 7# above 250.)

My main thing isn't even aiming for a certain weight, but more a certain level of fitness (aka my lack of fitness should no longer stop me from doing all the things I want to do). I have a general high weight I want to get to that I know will be a great stepping stone without trying to hit a too low weight. (70kg in my case. I decided that after researching normal weights for my height, including athletes and then added a couple of kgs to the athletes' weight. So if I reach that goal, I know I've come a long way, and after that I can completely just focus on fitness. And I think I'll reach that goal before I manage to create so much muscle they could take me above that (I'm not sure if that is possible at my height 165cm).)

Anyway, the point isn't the weight goal, but that I hit one. I even hit it without doing crazy amounts of fitness, instead I was just walking and reducing sweets without feeling restricted.

But somehow the lack of restriction didn't matter because I had reached a goal so no need to work more, right?

Except we all know I'm not finished yet. I'm not ready to say that this is where I want to be. I'm happy with the progress I have so far, and with what I'm doing, but there is more I want to do.

So I'm setting a new weight goal to help motivate me until camp, because I don't want to suddenly go above again and miss the rope course opportunity.

I know this might mean that I'll struggle when I reach it. But for the rope course, it is worth it. I'm also already getting a sense for what I will work on this fall. *cough* check extra credit stuff *cough* martial arts *cough* yoga studio *cough*

Damn, that cough really need to stop. ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~

So my goal will be to reach 240# before camp or 109 kg which is just above that. However, I'm really aiming for below 100 kgs but don't expect to reach that before camp. Camp is in 34 days (not counting the first day of camp, but counting today although it is partly done for me already), aka 4 weeks and 6 days. I'm pretty sure I can hit below 240 before camp with some diligence because I'm currently around 248.5#. But even if I don't, and I just get closer, I'm still below 250# so I can do the rope course.

I don't like focusing on weight because it is an arbitrary number and the only thing I care about is what I can do. (I'm trying not to care about how I look much beyond accepting it and being happy with what I have.)

~*~*~*~*~*~

So my inspiration should probably come from feats of fitness I want to be able to do. The trips I want to be able to do. Also other things I want to do like being comfortable when going on rides at amusement parks. 

But mostly just feats of fitness. Which also means I should gather resources on how to learn those feats. I would love to have pictures of me doing fitness feats in beautiful nature that other people want to use on their fitness blogs. :P (Not that I have any plans to sell pictures... but who knows? :P)

~*~*~*~*~*~

PS. Just as I finished writing this "Man Out of You" from Mulan started playing. So inspiring and appropriate. :3 (Although I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to change it to "I'll make a person/soldier out of you", but it is playing on history and who cares when the song is so good? Fighting montage for the win!)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Well hello there!  Lost you on the guild change, but found you (obviously).  Sounds like all the cool kids are going to camp.  Maybe I'll go next year.

Welcome back!

Also, I do believe this is the first time I've been called one of the cool kids. :3

giphy.gif

PS. I blame @fleaball for my sudden use of gifs.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

This concept was a lightbulb moment for me. THANK YOU.

5 hours ago, Dagger said:

Looking at pictures... I guess it is time to create an inspiration board/folder. I talk a little more about that below.

I have an inspiration Pinterest board for me. Then I have access to it wherever and whenever. 

Hope things come together for you soon. :) We are on your side!!

• Like 2

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

On 18 Aug 2016 at 7:41 PM, Kelley Gammell said:

Following along! This is an awesome challenge!

Thank you! :)

On 18 Aug 2016 at 8:51 PM, durfette said:

I have an inspiration Pinterest board for me. Then I have access to it wherever and whenever. 

Hope things come together for you soon. :) We are on your side!!

Since I use safari my bookmarks comes with me everywhere. And right now the rest I'm putting into Notes (Mac program) that syncs across all my devices, so I'll have access to everything all the time too.

I also found a little NaNoWriMo notebook that said "Inspiration" on the front, guess what I started writing on those pages... Yes, motivational statements!

~*~*~*~*~*~

18 and 19 August Update

So I'm supposed to remember what I did yesterday?

Morning walks today and yesterday. Today I went for groceries with the morning walk. Two birds, one stone.

I'm also within 150 steps of a second 10'000+ steps day this week and I wasn't trying.

I've been thinking a lot these last few days and I still am, so I'm not sure if the challenge will look quite like it does now. Well, I actually changed some of it today. ^^

Yesterday I read an article that made a lot of sense to me: the 100% rule.

I looked at that and thought of my biggest successes over the last few months: steps, daily walks, and reading. All of them have one thing in common, I didn't compromise.

I said every day, I made them as easy as they needed to be in the beginning. I've had a couple of misses with steps and reading, both consciously decided on and no regret over. I need to do the same thing for both yoga and writing. But currently writing is the more important to me (being my profession). The new NF yoga quests will later guide me for the daily yoga practice.

Lately I've also listened to a secular buddhist podcast and plan to continue that. I also ordered some books on Shinto, which really interested me when I visited Japan.

Isn't it often said that there needs to be a balance of body, mind and spirit? I guess in that way I've been neglecting spirit. For me, spiritually is about being in nature. I also get it in places of worships even though I don't generally believe in the faith/religion; I guess there is something about people being spiritual in a place. I also think that secular buddhism and perhaps some form of Shinto will be added. Perhaps even as a daily practice, but right now it is way too early to decide on that.

As a teenagers, I researched several religions trying to find one where I fit, where I could believe. However, it always failed. I don't call myself an atheist. If I have to use a label I call myself an agnostic, but I just looked up the English definition of the word and it doesn't fit; the Swedish definition or the definition I've read of it does. Basically, I feel something. I feel it in nature, I feel it in churches and mosques. I feel it when contemplating life in a certain way I do sometimes. But no religion I've learned about have so far fit this feeling. It wants to give it rules, regulations or names.

I don't know if anything is out there. I don't mind that people believe there is.

When I think of my mother, who died two decades ago when I was only six years old, I wish I believed in life after death. I wish I believed her happy in heaven or wherever she would have wanted to end up. But I don't and it pains me greatly because without that belief it means she's just gone and gone forever.

The struggle of wanting to believe, but finding nothing I can believe in. But alas, I've gone off on a side note that might upset some people. If I have, I'm sorry. I respect people who believe a lot.

Btw, that was me showing more of the truth in my heart than even I like to do.

So yeah, still thoughtful. Still thinking. And now crying again, I always do when I think of my mother in these terms. How could I not?

Peace to you.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Fitness

1. Steps. 7'500+: 5 days.
  2. Morning walk: 4 times in Week 0. On time: N/A.
  3. Yoga: 0

Nutrition

2. Food journal every day: 5 days.
  3. Cook one slow cooker meal per week: 0.

Level Up Your Life

1. Write 1'000 words per week and/or 5 days per week: 0. This will instead be: Write every day, preferably min 50 words: 0.
  2. Writing should start close to 9:30 by end of challenge: N/A. Moved to Extra Credit and slightly changed.
  3. Shower in the morning: 1.

Extra Credit

• Writing started close (within 10 mins) of 9:30: 0.
  • Study Japanese every day: 5 days.
  • NFA quest - First workout: N/A.
  • Camp stuff: ESTA (mandatory!), travel insurance (mandatory!), maybe costume, and maybe glow in the dark clothes. N/A.
  • Learn more about local martial art dojo (Jujutsu Kai). Visit booth during culture night September 3 (same day I come back from trip... >___<) or go to a training to watch/participate. N/A.
  • Learn more about local yoga studio (Ashtanga). Go to first session, September 6. N/A.
  • House/Life chores: 1.
  • Like 5

Good for you in making modifications you felt you needed. Bright-line rules are fantastic for those things that are really important (now, if only i were better about enforcing them in myself. Must work on that.)

And thank you for having the courage to discuss your spirituality.

• Like 2

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

Found you. Following. 

• Like 2

HappyCat

Race: Khajit Herder Class: Adventurer

HappyCat's Battle Log

Current Challenge: HappyCat Takes It Up A Notch 

Past Challenges: 1 2   

Accountablilibuddies:  Walking to Mordor and Back Again

Where else to find me: My Fitness Pal  Fitbit Habitica

My life is basically a whole pile of 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' thrown together

On 20 Aug 2016 at 1:55 AM, Bookish Badger said:

Good for you in making modifications you felt you needed. Bright-line rules are fantastic for those things that are really important (now, if only i were better about enforcing them in myself. Must work on that.)

And thank you for having the courage to discuss your spirituality.

I would have thought bright-line rules would have failed on me spectacularly, but I think the key for me is to not have too many of them. Last August (2015) I wrote every day, because I set a goal to do it and somehow I did it. And as I said above, I've had success with it so far too.

Thank you. Spiritually can be such a personal thing.

On 20 Aug 2016 at 3:58 AM, littlewings said:

So many things!! Look forward to you checking em all off your list over the next several weeks. :D

Thanks! So many things, I killed one of them below. Lol. :D

6 hours ago, HappyCat said:

Found you. Following. 

:D

~*~*~*~*~*~

20 and 21 August Update

This is going to be another long update. More thinking has happened...

Also, I didn't update last night because I decided to paint my nails instead, which I do about once a year so yeah... *shrug*

I've been thinking about body, mind and spirit. Body is easy for goals with fitness and nutrition. Mind is writing and reading, learning and other mental challenges (finances...). Spirit seems to be both the more traditional sense like I described above, but I also think mindset (despite the word "mind") fits better here than under mind. Spirit for me is about emotions and the soul (whether you believe in it or just kind of see it as your inner self/similar).

Some tasks falls under several headings.

Walking: body, mind and spirit depending on where I walk and what I think about.

Writing: mind and spirit.

Reading: mind and/or spirit.

I think I need to think more about this, but I'm also wondering if I should start keeping some kind of track on this, to make sure I take care of all three.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I lost a 1/4 pound this week, basically maintaining. What I like though is that this has been the worst week (in the last four) when it comes to sweets. I've eaten more of them, but I didn't gain weight. So more steps probably made a difference. Otherwise I'm not sure I ate that much differently (excluding sweets for the moment). I've also had two spontaneous 10'000 step days, which is my ultimate goal for my daily steps. I've also been above 8'000 every day (except maybe one day, too lazy to check). So it is more than just going from 7000 to 7500.

It makes me happy that the steps really do make a difference now that I've gotten them to some higher numbers.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I've been thinking about courage, or more accurately thinking about courage again. Sometimes I wonder if it is in the eye of the beholder or if it isn't.

Courage to me is doing something despite fear, not with a lack of fear.

So traveling alone to the US doesn't count for myself. I don't find that terrifying in any way. Still many people have called me brave for traveling alone. It has been more about practicality and the fact that I haven't traveled to any countries somewhat/a lot hostile to women.

However, it took a lot of courage to discuss my spirituality, something so very alien for me. (Sweden is pretty secular.) It feels strange and weird to discuss something that is mostly ignored or even a little taboo (to discuss). I guess it is seen as something personal in Sweden although I'm not sure that is the right way to describe it.

Some would say donating to Kickstarter campaigns comes with courage. I guess so far I have been lucky, but I'll admit my latest bid has me very nervous. Not that I'm worried that my reward won't happen/arrive, although I suppose it is something I should keep in mind, but rather that I've just committed to a fitness/adventure trip next year (early August 2017) that I currently couldn't keep up with. There will be hiking mountains, camping, SUPing, paddleboarding, training with monkiis (should give you a clue what Kickstarter project it was if you've heard/come across it), and such.

But those are the kinds of trips I want to do. That is the whole reason I'm doing this (well, not the whole but a big part of it). So I'm scared. I'm scared I'll hold everyone else back on that trip or that I'll have to skip something because I'm not able or that I'll slow everyone down.

I'm also scared that maybe I won't find it fun, while unlikely, the fear lurks somewhere inside.

That was something I needed 20 seconds of courage for.

I'm also currently super excited about that trip... which is silly since I'm going on my hiking trip on THURSDAY.

Why is it that I'm always more excited when I book the trip, rather than the days/weeks before? Maybe I use it up. *rolls eyes*

I'll probably find it on Thursday.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Right so my days. Steps done all week. Food journaling done all week.

Today started really bad emotionally, but by doing household chores I managed to turn it around. So I did make a slow cooker meal (chili con carne), second time.

Oh, and I've killed the yoga goal. This is mainly because I want to focus and because in my extra credits I have two different fitness activities in my area that I want to check out and see if I like. That way I'll learn self-defense and more yoga, and I'll actually get to know people. I've been living here since December, and I need to call the previous owners of this house to ask if they can get my mail while I am gone... I need to know more people, lol.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Fitness

1. Steps. 7'500+: 7 days.
  2. Morning walk: 5 times in Week 0. On time: N/A.
  3. Yoga: 0 Nope. Nope. Nope. This is not even moved to extra credit. This one falls under: ALL THE THINGS. So it goes away for this challenge. (There is a certain yoga studio I plan to try out and I might start going to that once a week, so I might be doing yoga, but that is a might.)

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.riffsy.com%2Fimage

Nutrition

2. Food journal every day: 7 days.
  3. Cook one slow cooker meal per week: 1.

Level Up Your Life

1. Write every day, preferably min 50 words: 0.
  2. Shower in the morning: 1.

Extra Credit

• Study Japanese every day: 7 days.
  • House/Life chores: 1.
  • Like 6

Making changes to your goals helps sometimes. I don't see anything wrong with focusing on a weight goal for now. Maybe you'll find something else to inspire you toward the next step while you're working on this one. Just don't give up! :) 

PS--I'm already procrastinating writing for today as we speak...

• Like 3

Battle Log: PollyannaAgain's Log

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~Helen Keller

Problems are not the problem; coping is the problem. ~Virginia Satir

On 8/16/2016 at 3:49 PM, Dagger said:

FFIX which I've only played until the princess (right?) gets the nickname Dagger. Well, I played a little more after that, but I can't remember. I'm much more of a Super Mario fan

With FF+Mario+Super Nintendo, can I assume you played my favorite game?

On 8/17/2016 at 5:00 PM, fleaball said:

It can go that direction without a doubt.

People get comfortable with shitty situations as a psychological coping mechanism. Learned behavior =/ 

What worked when I was trying to get past hurdles was 'fake it till you make it'.  Cliche, I know; but if you keep doing *a thing* then it becomes part of what defines you, then creating a new label for yourself.

Ask yourself: how many days in a row would you walk before you say to yourself, 'I'm a walker'?  Not 2 or 3, but eventually, that would be your own self-label.

• Like 3

Hello! So I'm following your challenge, obviously. And I finally caught up on your thread, and my regret at not having been here to comment on your thoughts as you were having them is a good reminder of why it's so important for me to check the forums more regularly. Your posts are often extremely thought-provoking and I have so many comments and responses to share, but if I don't check regularly, my input is out of date and I have way too much to comment on at one time. So thanks for giving me another piece of motivation to do something I already want to do. And thanks for writing stuff that gets me thinking.

Your challenge looks fantastic and I'm really excited for you about your various trips! Also huzzah for making writing more of a regular habit. It obviously benefits you, both personally and professionally, and it's clear from your posts that writing helps you think through puzzling questions. For me, writing is one of the most powerful tools for self-exploration and introspection.

I really liked learning the word gråtmild - I did a little more research online about the meaning, and bugged another Swedish friend for more details, and I think I understand it now. And the reason I am so happy to have learned it (aside from a general love of language and learning words) is that it is a fantastic term that is missing in English. It's a feeling I experience quite often actually. In English I usually describe it as feeling 'emotional' or 'sentimental' or 'sensitive' except that none of those things are the exactly right word. For me, it feels like my feelings are closer to the surface than normal, like things impact me more than they maybe should and I feel bursting full of sentiment. If you've ever read Anne of Green Gables, or seen the movies (she's a childhood icon of mine - I have never seen so many similarities between myself and a fictional character, and reading about her made me feel like someone understood), I think she was often that way. Anyway, sorry for the digression, but yay words! And I'm really happy that people were here to encourage you when you needed it and I am sorry I wasn't one of them.

As for your feelings of apathy/malaise/lack of motivation on Wednesday, I can definitely relate and I think people gave you great advice and insight. I think one of the challenges of making habit changes or life improvements is that, in some sense the more we succeed, the less thrill we get from our success. Like at first you accomplish something new and hard and it feels great. And then, weeks later, you realize that all you've done the past week is continue doing the same stuff you've been doing for months. And sure, it's healthy stuff, and you recognize the progress, but nevertheless it has become routine and that makes it harder to feel proud and accomplished about it, which in turn makes it harder to keep doing it. That's one of the things I love about the NF challenges, actually - even if my basic underlying behaviors (getting exercise, eating healthy food) stay the same, I can add variety and interest and motivation by having a new focus every month.

Oh and thanks to @durfette for the idea of an inspiration board. It might seem obvious to other people but I hadn't thought of that. I tend to dislike traditional "fitspo" pictures for a wide variety of reasons, but there are other images and poems and things that I do find motivating, and it'd be great to have them all in one place.

Congrats on your weight loss by the way, Dagger. I'm so excited that you're going to get to do the ropes course!! I'm also excited because if you're willing to try a ropes course, it probably means if we ever end up in the same place I will be able to take you rock climbing with me :D

Speaking of adventures, you and I have very similar goals for fitness actually. My primary dream/motivation when it comes to fitness is being able to do exciting and adventurous activities, some local but many of which include travel and adventure trips. For example, I really really want to do an adventure tour in Iceland that includes ice climbing on a glacier and a multi-day horseback riding trip. I grew up doing a lot of camping and canoe and hiking trips, and then when I became an adult it became harder to schedule such things with work...and I really want to get back to it. Maybe one day we will meet somewhere on some crazy trip, ha!

I enjoyed reading your musings about spirituality and mind/body/spirit balance. I'm not religious either - I'd describe myself as an atheist or agnostic if someone asked - but I too feel profoundly moved by feelings of wonder and contemplativeness in certain outdoor spaces, or certain places or moments. I still remember the way I felt in the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris on Christmas Eve - I was in Paris with a friend, and we decided to go hear the choir sing there. It was amazing to be in a building hundreds of years old, lit only by candlelight, full of history and suffering and joy and wonder. It was so dark you couldn't even see the ceiling, with shadows in all the corners and behind every pillar, and beautiful music echoing around the massive open space. It felt like a moment where magic was possible and my heart felt so full, and I was very glad to be alive.

That is a lot of rambling, but at least you know I'm here! :D

• Like 5

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!
On 22 Aug 2016 at 7:31 PM, Butternut said:

Ditto!!!

Hi again!

On 22 Aug 2016 at 7:45 PM, PollyannaAgain said:

Making changes to your goals helps sometimes. I don't see anything wrong with focusing on a weight goal for now. Maybe you'll find something else to inspire you toward the next step while you're working on this one. Just don't give up! :) 

PS--I'm already procrastinating writing for today as we speak...

Oh, there is nothing wrong with focusing on a weight goal for any non-specific person. However, I proved to myself with the first one that when I reach it, I get derailed. If I focus on process goals and fitness levels instead (there will always be another one) I think I'll do better.

Procrastinating on writing... yeah, that has never happened here and I'm totally not lying. *desperately hides crossed fingers*

On 23 Aug 2016 at 0:57 AM, Teros said:

With FF+Mario+Super Nintendo, can I assume you played my favorite game?

No, but it looks like a lot of fun. I didn't play that many SNES games. I've played later generations of those kinds of Mario games. I was a little young for SNES. I got more into it come Nintendo 64.

On 23 Aug 2016 at 0:57 AM, Teros said:

What worked when I was trying to get past hurdles was 'fake it till you make it'.  Cliche, I know; but if you keep doing *a thing* then it becomes part of what defines you, then creating a new label for yourself.

Ask yourself: how many days in a row would you walk before you say to yourself, 'I'm a walker'?  Not 2 or 3, but eventually, that would be your own self-label.

Hmm... good points here. I definitely have some labels I'm working towards. I'd definitely call myself a walker now. :3 (I know you just using an example, so I applied it to myself.)

Almost four months of daily walk(s). :D

18 hours ago, Severine said:

Hello!

Hi! I've missed you. :)

And I finally caught up on your thread, and my regret at not having been here to comment on your thoughts as you were having them is a good reminder of why it's so important for me to check the forums more regularly. Your posts are often extremely thought-provoking and I have so many comments and responses to share, but if I don't check regularly, my input is out of date and I have way too much to comment on at one time. So thanks for giving me another piece of motivation to do something I already want to do. And thanks for writing stuff that gets me thinking.

Feel free to comment even late, because my thoughts are certainly not set, and in some ways I hope they are never set. New data are always useful. And right back at you with the thought-provoking. I always come away with something good from your posts.

it's clear from your posts that writing helps you think through puzzling questions. For me, writing is one of the most powerful tools for self-exploration and introspection.

I usually start with one or more walks. Then when I can't get further I either find a human being to talk to or I talk here on the forum. Well, I guess my human being would be all of you guys when I post on the forum. I don't have any people in my life that I know I can share this thinking and journey stuff with. I might want to broach the subject with a few and see if they are interested in talking about it. Good idea! Thanks, Severine! (I know you didn't suggest that, but without your prompt, I wouldn't have thought of it.)

If you've ever read Anne of Green Gables

No, I don't think there was a Swedish translation of it when I grew up, or if there was I didn't stumble on/read it.

I really liked learning the word gråtmild - I did a little more research online about the meaning, and bugged another Swedish friend for more details, and I think I understand it now. And the reason I am so happy to have learned it (aside from a general love of language and learning words) is that it is a fantastic term that is missing in English.

We have a few more words like this. Of the top of my head: fika, lagom, tidsoptimist, and tidspessimist. There are more, but those are a few of them.

Of course, English have some words that Swedish doesn't have, and a lot of nuances to words that Sweden doesn't have due to Swedish having a much smaller vocabulary.

I find language very fascinating too. If I continue well with my Japanese study, I hope to stumble on more of their words with extra definitions. So far I just have the word for room/space, 間. Here is the wikipedia article (there is a wikipedia article about it O_o): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_(negative_space). I will however say that my Japanese architecture book described it better; unfortunately it is in Swedish. Ma (as it is pronounced and written in Romaji) is also about the experience of the place. So time has a factor. Like how the sun falls through the window, how the shadow looks and moves as the hours go by. So the word for room encompasses also the specific time when you were there/talked about it. I'm not even sure I can describe it, but so it is with concepts that are foreign and that I only have a slight grasp on. I have a more intuitive grasp of it, so impossible to explain with words.

That's one of the things I love about the NF challenges, actually - even if my basic underlying behaviors (getting exercise, eating healthy food) stay the same, I can add variety and interest and motivation by having a new focus every month.

I think this is why I'm succeeding now when every other time I didn't get anywhere. Of course, those other times I didn't try much beyond underpants collecting...

Congrats on your weight loss by the way, Dagger. I'm so excited that you're going to get to do the ropes course!! I'm also excited because if you're willing to try a ropes course, it probably means if we ever end up in the same place I will be able to take you rock climbing with me :D

Please do! I actually tried to figure out where the closest rock climbing gym/whatever-you-call-it was, but it got complicated. Camp actually have a climbing wall too, but I felt I want to build more arm muscles before I try rock climbing again.

I did it once during a water festival when I was a kid. (The festival is no more.) I got almost to the top except I really couldn't reach the last hand hold and then I looked down... Lol, I have some fear of height. That is when I wanted down. :3 That is however, the only time. :(

I really really want to do an adventure tour in Iceland that includes ice climbing on a glacier and a multi-day horseback riding trip.

I'll totally come. That sounds like a LOT of fun.

I grew up doing a lot of camping and canoe and hiking trips, and then when I became an adult it became harder to schedule such things with work...and I really want to get back to it.

I wish I'd had that. I come from a very unathletic family. "Sport" was almost a dirty word. Not that they hated on us doing things, there just wasn't any kind of push about it. Sure, my parents wanted us to be outside more, but... We did as they did, not as they said. *whistles innocently*

Maybe one day we will meet somewhere on some crazy trip, ha!

Totally!

enjoyed reading your musings about spirituality and mind/body/spirit balance. I'm not religious either - I'd describe myself as an atheist or agnostic if someone asked - but I too feel profoundly moved by feelings of wonder and contemplativeness in certain outdoor spaces, or certain places or moments. I still remember the way I felt in the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris on Christmas Eve - I was in Paris with a friend, and we decided to go hear the choir sing there. It was amazing to be in a building hundreds of years old, lit only by candlelight, full of history and suffering and joy and wonder. It was so dark you couldn't even see the ceiling, with shadows in all the corners and behind every pillar, and beautiful music echoing around the massive open space. It felt like a moment where magic was possible and my heart felt so full, and I was very glad to be alive.

I think you and I are very similar in those respects. You explained it perfectly. Wonder and contemplativeness and magic. Yes, those are the feelings that come to me too in same places as you.

I love your Notre Dame experience. Sounds absolutely magical.

And yes, I'm done dissecting and answering everything... (a) (that is an angel smiley for those that didn't (/don't?) use MSN messenger)

~*~*~*~*~*~

22 and 23 (and partial 24) August Update

So this will/might be the last update until after my trip. I just don't know if I'll spend time here on the forum; partly because I have no idea how much time I'll have to myself. Technically I can decide that for myself, but why go on an organized trip if I don't participate. :)

Steps have gone well. Yesterday I had my third surprise 10'000+ steps day. So I actually added it to extra credits. I won't count days during my trip since it is planned for a lot of walking. My ultimate step goal is to get to 10'000 steps per day. So having three normal days in 1.5 week with 10'000+ steps feels like a great accomplishment especially since I wasn't aiming for it or trying.

You'll notice below that some other goals haven't been going that well. :(

Partly I think because my mind decided there were so few days before my trip. I also forgot to account for packing and other extra chores to do before traveling when I decided on totals above. I actually have another packing day that I haven't included. The last day of this challenge (for me since I start on Mondays) will be the day before I get on a plane to go to this camp thing I've mentioned a few times.

I should have just gone above and edited that so I could tell my mind to shut up, but I guess I wanted an out too much to take the time. I'll see if I have time today to do it, but I have packing to do, recycling, trash and probably a couple of things I've forgotten. I'll need to walk to the train around 6:50-6:55 tomorrow, so I want to need to do as little as possible tomorrow morning.

I've done no writing. :( But I'll get started on that with creative non-fiction tomorrow when I start narrative my trip. I do a website and I hope to start adding my adventures to the blog on it. However, I realized my readers (blog and books!) might enjoy it more if I wrote it more as a fictional story. And as far as I know that is called creative non-fiction, but don't take my words for it, because I'm too lazy to check. No need to check until I know what I have, aka until I've written it.

I've done a lot of chores in the last few days. Washing clothes, dishes, oiling wooden utensils, returning a damaged thing I bought (oops!) and trip stuff.

I did the ESTA (a visa waiver program so I don't need to get a visa to visit the USA in a few weeks!) since my previous one expired a couple of weeks back. (They have a 2 year limit.)

I've been studying Japanese. Although it would be more accurate to say I've re-familiarized myself with Hiragana and plan to tackle Katakana next. I have also poked at some kanji so I can once more count to at least 99 both with speech and kanji. I can count a little more by speech.

I'm pretty sure I had more to talk about here, but waiting to reply and then answering Severine so extensively have talked me out for now.

Love you guys! I'll see you when I see you!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Fitness

1. Steps. 7'500+: 9 days.
  2. Morning walk: 7 times. On time: N/A.

Nutrition

1. No sweets from 18:00: 1 days.
  2. Food journal every day: 9 days.
  3. Cook one slow cooker meal per week: 1 meals.

Level Up Your Life

1. Write every day, preferably min 50 words: 0 days.
  2. Shower in the morning: 2 days.

Extra Credit

• Study Japanese every day: 9 days.
  • 10'000 steps days outside trip (looking for normal days with it): 3 days.
  • Camp stuff: ESTA (DONE), travel insurance (mandatory!), maybe costume, and maybe glow in the dark clothes. N/A.
  • Read a section of Buddhist Bootcamp before morning walk: 3 time.
  • House/Life chores: 2 (oil utensils).
  • Like 3