-18 Power Snatches

-18 Ring Rows

-15 Thrusters

-15 Ring Rows

-12 Power Snatches

-12 Ring Rows

-9 Thrusters

-9 Ring Rows

Rookies were to do this with an empty bar (20kg for men, 15 for women), Intermediate 30kg/20kg respectively and advanced had to replace rows for pullups.

I fell in the empty bar bunch, obviously.

As I have mentioned before, my shoulders are the weakest part of my body, so when coach laid out the WOD I thought "alright, I'm not gonna finish this shit". I was seriously worried that everyone would see me fail, and that was probably what carried me through the whole thing in 13:38, just a minute and 22sec short of the timecap.

Since this is Week 1, I'v decided to restart all progress bars to be accurate with my goal tracking. 

Monday is forced rest day: I leave work just in time for class (I have lunch on my way to the uni) and then I go home at 21:15, which has me arriving at ~23:00. Not much room for exercise there.

Nutrition was good. Chicken patties for lunch and beef stew for dinner. I had a snack of almonds and a cup of coffe in between classes

Conan

|====================| 0%

Jericho

|====================| 3,5%(8 unused variances)

John

|====================| 0%

-Adam Gibson: If you really believe that then you should clone yourself while you're still alive.

-Drucker: Why is that? So I can understand your unique perspective?

-Adam Gibson: No. So you can go f*ck yourself!. - The 6th Day, 2000

• Like 2

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

46 minutes ago, Agnarr said:

so when coach laid out the WOD I thought "alright, I'm not gonna finish this shit". I was seriously worried that everyone would see me fail, and that was probably what carried me through the whole thing in 13:38, just a minute and 22sec short of the timecap.

Ah, the marvels of peer pressure eh? Congrats for completing that WOD, pretty soon you'll be Rx-ing that stuff

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Congrats for completing that WOD, pretty soon you'll be Rx-ing that stuff

Thanks!

Workout Of the Day

-12 clapping pushups

-15 back squats (50kg)

-20 burpees

-9 clapping pushups

-18 front squats (30kg)

-20 burpees

-6 clapping pushups

-21 overhead squats (25kg)

-20 burpees

Rx called for HSPUs instead of clapping, but they were too many.

Back squat weight was Rx, front squats were lighter than they should due to fear of OHSs. OHS were done with tiny plates and yet my shoulders felt unstable and hurted a little bit. I think(along with working on my form and technique) I should get them checked by a physician. I had had minor injuries in both shoulders in the past and perhaps a medical check would be a good idea... anyway, I feel that I could have worked harder and that bothers me.

Lunch consisted of chicken breasts and sliced baked sweet potato.

WEEKLY STUDY TIME GOAL HAS BEEN SET TO 6hs

• Like 2

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

1 hour ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Your workouts would make Turbo-Man proud!!

Seconded! Your workout make me quiver in fear!

I also second your love for sweet potatoes. They are the best thing ever.

• Like 2

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Surely you mean clapping HSPUs

Damn, son! 

WOD was a 15' EMOM

-15 box jumpover

-20 KB Swing (american)

-15 kipping pullups

Kipped the first  15 pullups in sets of 5 and barely made de the minute. For the remaining rounds I did the adaptation (pullups jumping from a box).

Since there were A LOT of swings to be done, I grabbed a 16kg KB which allowed me to go unbroken throughout all rounds. At some point I had to scale down the box jumps out of bare exhaustion. My eyes were buning with sweat and breathing was absolute misery. The adaptation was box step-overs(reminded me of some sort of handless safety vault).

All in all a really nice metabolic conditioning WOD.

Down side: the coach was late to class, so he made us skip strength work. Which was deadlifts! Low rep-range, heavy weight, just as I like it. Bummer

• Like 3

On 8/23/2016 at 3:56 PM, Agnarr said:

-12 clapping pushups

Well now I gotta try that.

6 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Down side: the coach was late to class, so he made us skip strength work. Which was deadlifts! Low rep-range, heavy weight, just as I like it. Bummer

That would piss me off badly.  You're paying good money, he should be on time.  If you or I was late to our job we'd be written up/eventually fired.  Blah.   Sorry you missed out.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

9 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

That would piss me off badly.  You're paying good money, he should be on time.  If you or I was late to our job we'd be written up/eventually fired.  Blah.   Sorry you missed out.

Totally. I'm not  saying that Maxi (wednesday's 13:45 coach) is a bad trainer, but Seba(my usual coach on the 14:30 class) has never been late to class in the ~5 months I've been attending. 

yesterday I spent another hour studying and took on the task of adjusting my chainmail shirt to my current shape.

I wasn't using it much lately because I don't fight in tournament anymore and in show fights I can get away with just a light leather armor. But seeing the ringshirt  lie on the floor like dirty laundry (so many months of work!) did not sit well with me.

The thing was ginormous. I removed a lot of extra rings that added up to a significant weight and fixed a few holes here and there. Now the boring part: re assembling the whole thing. I'll probably get to it on friday night, but a bigger, more ambitious reenactment project is cooking. I'll tell you about it when I get some progress

• Like 1

On 24/8/2016 at 11:13 AM, DJtrippyT said:

Seconded! Your workout make me quiver in fear!

Tell you something? They frighten me too. And I have aquired a taste and need for that feeling ;)

Thursday WOD

♦A 40":10" (forty second work, ten seconds rest) circuit of

- Hollow

- BW Squats

-Medball(9kg) sit ups

♦Skill: Handstands and handstand walk

The best part was by far the hanstand walk corridor where everyone had to hold and help the person performiong the walk. Funny AF.

♦ 8' AMRAP

-120 SUs(or 40 DUs)

-10 T2B

♦8' AMRAP

- 20 Pushups

- 20 Russian Twists(10kg bumper)

After that, I had 2 beef patties and an eggplant for lunch(at 4pm :P) and got in 2 hours of study.

Dinner was roasted beef and salad

Conan

|====================| 25%

Jericho

|====================| 14%(8 unused variances)

John

|====================| 14.6% (210min/1440min)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Thursday WOD

♦A 40":10" (forty second work, ten seconds rest) circuit of

- Hollow

- BW Squats

-Medball(9kg) sit ups

♦Skill: Handstands and handstand walk

The best part was by far the hanstand walk corridor where everyone had to hold and help the person performiong the walk. Funny AF.

♦ 8' AMRAP

-120 SUs(or 40 DUs)

-10 T2B

♦8' AMRAP

- 20 Pushups

- 20 Russian Twists(10kg bumper)

John Connor:  You can't just go around killing workouts!

Agnarr Model T-800 in Austrian accent:  Why?

• Like 2
Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

Great job with those workouts!  How did the handstand walks go for you?  

On August 24, 2016 at 11:58 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Surely you mean clapping HSPUs

What?!  :o  That's insane.

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

On 26/8/2016 at 3:24 PM, Broba Fett said:

John Connor:  You can't just go around killing workouts!

Agnarr Model T-800 in Austrian accent:  Why?

gifs-animados-terminator-076284.gif

On 26/8/2016 at 4:11 PM, Nymeria said:

Great job with those workouts!  How did the handstand walks go for you?  

Thanks! Handstand walks were fairly ok, but I'm still lacking in shoulder mobility.

Friday I intended to go to the steelyard right after work, to be home on time to go pick up some tools from a friend's. As I walked to the bus stop... boom, cab drivers were blocking the intersection of Callao and Rivadavia, two mayor avenues in downtown Buenos Aires. Public transportation was a mess: Drivers were taking turns at random streets, and the busses were filled to the brim with passengers. Somehow I managed to catch the bus and arrive on time at the steelyard. While they were cutting the steel plates that I ordered the light went out... it's just my luck.  Like half an hour later lights came back, so I received the package of high carbon steel strips, payed and went to catch yet another bus home, carrying the pack of steel like a barbel in a high bar squat. It was surprisingly comfortable, considering it was a square object.

I arrived too late so nobody was home at my friend's house. It wouldn't matter anyway because a sudden heavy rain ruined Forge SaturdayTM  and the beginning of my swordmaker apprenticeship had to be delayed. Didn't had time to do Wolf's WOD either :(

Spent a variance on nachos and beer and probably will be spending another tonight at the quince. Speaking of which, I ended up purchasing a suit instead of the Reebook Nanos, like I mentioned a while ago. Like it was on purpose, the new reebook poster started popping everywhere:

20160825_161323_zpsbrz7y1io.jpg

But it was all worth it when I tried on THIS killer outfit

20160827_202424_zpsf2rkzr3w.jpg

Got in another hour of Study, trimmed my beard and got a haircut.

Conan

|====================| 25%

Jericho

|====================| 18%(7 unused variances)

John

|====================| 18.75% (270min/1440min)

• Like 4

Nice suit.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

11 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Nice suit.

Seconded

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

7 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Handstand walks were fairly ok, but I'm still lacking in shoulder mobility.

Technically, I think you're supposed to lock shoulders and elbows (much like an upside down snatch but with your palms closer) and move your entire body in that awkward, nearly retarded manner. But that's just me, I haven't mastered the handstand walk either.

Killer look in that suit!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Xena said:

You look great! Keep saving for the nanos...I know you needed to suit :-)

Thanks! I will, my old running shoes are slowly coming apart, lol

11 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

You live in Buenos Aires? That is soooo cool!!! Are you from there or did you move there? *gets really curious and nosy and asks all the questions*

Yes ma'am! Born and raised in the suburban outskirts of Buenos Aires city, about an hour from downtown Buenos Aires (on public trasportation). 

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Nice suit.

11 hours ago, bker1370 said:

Seconded

Thanks!

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Technically, I think you're supposed to lock shoulders and elbows (much like an upside down snatch but with your palms closer) and move your entire body in that awkward, nearly retarded manner. But that's just me, I haven't mastered the handstand walk either.

Killer look in that suit!

I can imagine how awkward that is. Yet, it would explain why I kept falling back on my feet.

Alright, I'm gonna say only two things about the quince:

1)the food was terrible

2) there was free scotch

Variance N°2, we will always remember you.

Now, after 4 hours of sleep I'm on my way to a reenactment event... I need some vacation from this being the Jarl business.

Skipped breakfast, will skip lunch 'cause I feel like hell. My stomach feels like it's full of lava. And it's not even a hangover (didn't drink that much), it's just my body wanting to punch me in the face for eating floury, sugary crap.

I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.- Terminator 2: Judgement Day, 1991

• Like 2

On 8/27/2016 at 8:07 PM, Agnarr said:

20160827_202424_zpsf2rkzr3w.jpg

...{SWOONS}...

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

6 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

...{SWOONS}...

bc7.png

(Didn't knew the word "swoon". Vocabulary updated)

The reenactment fair was ok, but nothing to write home about. Nare came for dinner, which consisted on omlettes and tomato salad.

Monday, true to it's title of "crappiest day evah" leaves me no time to do anything but work and class. Lunch was chicken patties and half an avocado... this gotta be one of the dullest entries I ever made on the forums, lol.

"Let off some steam, Bennett".- Commando, 1984

• Like 3