Glass no sixteen - learning how to sail my ship

Glass

"i am not afraid of storms, for i am learning how to sail my ship" - Louisa May Alcott

tumblr_nbqqmbPusF1rs8w78o1_500.jpg

I love this quote. I am learning how to sail my ship.... Instead of going through life avoiding pain and having your day-to-day decisions decided by fear, why not have them decided by something else? What about going through life accepting that fear, awkwardness, embarassment, uncertainity and other storms are part of its glory, and in order to live life as fully and uninhibited and truthful as you can just rest in curiousity and purpose? Of learning to sail your own private ship, your own individuality and experience.

Its like the feeling of moving to another state, and the feeling of life as having endless possibilities and feeling EXCITED at life's infinite possiblities, both good and bad, is what life is all about. Maybe life is just about putting yourself out there, loving the feeling of uncertainty and unknowingness, and just feeling feelings and thinking thoughts. It might be bad, sure. But the possibility is what makes it so enticing and addicting. Infiinite possibility, because how much of the universe can our little brains and little hearts actually know, ever??

So let me just rest in this moment and just enjoy watching life unfold, no matter what.

--

Last month I did my tidy challenge, and I finished about half of the stuff that I set out to do. Not too bad, maybe I aim high anyways. However, still got lots to do. Instead of last challenge where I tidy things outside of my pastimes/amusements, this challenge is also about tidying and simplifying inside of the three...  

amusement no. 1: SOCIAL

1) clean out to-do lists

2) finish tidying kitchen, house

3) organize anime, tv lists, book list

4) read/clean up online resources

5) consolidate aoc

6) volunteer for big brother program, other opportunities

7) start thinking about using apps for friends/dating, meetup

8) read think and grow rich, do a summary of instructions year 2, or maybe six month periods

amusement no. 2: GUITAR

1) organize guitar links, check 'em out

2) update songbook with enoch's songs, make it look good, consolidate everything, the songs you know

3) youtube singing courses, find the ones you want to learn from

4) sign up for fall conservatory classes

amusement no. 3: JIU-JITSU

1) cook!

2) figure out favorite quotes, buy wall stickers/posters and hang in dojo/living room

3) tidy jiujitsu links

4) finish yoga coach.me course

5) yoga classes

6) dancing classes

7) get back to the dojo, ask about entering tournament

tumblr_inline_nx3iwn3NH61qdvzgs_500.png

So everyday (and 5/7 days a week) I want to spend some time tidying SOMETHING in all three of my amusements. On days off I have extra time maybe to go outside of my amusements, or go really deep into one specific tidying task of one of them. However I decide to do it, I want to tidy areas of my pastimes in order to simplify for future challenges, to explore and discard the unnecessary, and to keep the parts i love, the parts that i know will make me better and that are key to progressing. So I can just be amused by my amusements..

stat distributions to be decided!

• Like 2

Level 70. Adventure Knight. 

str 135.3 dex 126.3 sta 136.7 con 137.2 wis 154.5 cha 143.1 

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

"Spring comes, the grass grows by itself" ~Zen proverb

tumblr_ni4q3zf8jx1rs8w78o1_1280.jpg

8-17.

-Tidied kitchen! Finally! shit looks good :) Got rid of my pan, cleaned drawers, and organized things and threw out a bunch of stuff I didn't need. Cooked, I have the perfect rectangular plate for my dinners. Thinking of just going to ikea one of these days and just buying plates that are perfect for what i need, 3-5 copies and throw out the extras. Get rid of that one plate that one of my friends sniffed cocaine off of LMAO. Cleaned my car, went through some websites, finished Stranger Things, played some guitar and tried out my new white capo (looks fantastic) and caught up with emails, cleaned house. Got sick too, immune system? TBD.... 

8-18.

-Woke up after 8 hrs of sleep (yes!) meditated, yoga, then played some video games, put my gamecube up for listing, then looked at cooking , made a list of what i need to buy to cook steak and rice and kale. simple meals. Need to buy lots of stuff, like onions, garlic cloves, leek/shallot, lemon juice, unsalted butter, chicken broth, herbs, etc. Feel like im finally taking steps towards this goal of mine to have my own recipes that i can make. simple and healthy and tasty. Steak, rice, and kale is the first one. Just keep doing it til its rock solid. 

8-19.

-Well, I didnt get that much time, but i got 8 hrs! :) And then i did 3 yoga poses, then left and ate, and had to talk to my supervisor instead of doing the schedule but thats ok, i can still do it tmr sometime. i wanna try to go out tmr too. when i get home, all i can do is take care of myself, do my nightly habits, eat, and then write in my journal of my reflections. thats all the time i have if i get out at 10pm. 

8-20.

-Saturday! Work 8-8, then... I don't remember! Probably tidied. Gonna say nothing here. 

8-21.

-Day off! Organized a lot, did yoga (trying to finish off coach.me plan, and the site in general), lots of reflections, feeling sad over someone moving, and feeling life, and then went to work to complete some things, and then cooked (buying stuff like onions, lemon juice, butter, chicken broth, really helped it taste better). Somehow, hung out with neighbors for three hours. Really interesting meeting them and seeing how they live. Having conversations with people you normally never have conversations with, or never had before, is fcking interesting and mind expanding. I like having conversations with types of peopel ive never had conversations with. Watched jesse and celeste forever.... its like if you love each other why can't you make it work? Too much pain? life gets in the way.... 

• Like 2

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

On 8/16/2016 at 6:46 PM, Glass said:

amusement no. 2: GUITAR

1) organize guitar links, check 'em out

2) update songbook with enoch's songs, make it look good, consolidate everything, the songs you know

what can you play? I was looking into this.

On 8/18/2016 at 0:32 AM, Glass said:

inished Stranger Things

What did you think about it?  You can do [spoilers if you want].

5 hours ago, Teros said:

what can you play? I was looking into this.

What did you think about it?  You can do [spoilers if you want].

Heres a few songs I can play:

-22 by taylor swift

-im yours by jason mraz

-rocketeer, far east movement

-i will follow you into the dark, death cab

-how deep is your love - bee gees

-you will know him, cat power

-handful of bloc party songs

-first cut is the deepest, sheryl crow

as well as other parts of songs... these songs i can play the whole song through. I like a little bit of everything

Stranger things started slow.... but i was hooked by the time episode 3 started up. It was really good! binge worthy haha

• Like 2

tumblr_nbw5k8zTSS1rs8w78o1_1280.jpg

8-22.

-Work 11-10, did some work before, just time for am/pm, and then picked up an 8-2 tmr.... Not much time to do anything :) Hmm, I'm still getting into the rhythm from doing just 1 thing tidying every day from last challenge. This challenge, I want to do something in all three pastimes/amusements everyday. only 1h, 30 minutes. so doable. tidy that shit up. First week I'll give myself a bit of a cushion, 5 out of 11 days for the first week haha.

8-23. 

-Worked 8-2. fun times. lots of learning and life and people. Even if it was work, I might always try to pick up shifts. After, tired. Maybe I overexerted myself going 100% for a long period of time? Then I get sick and I lose more time. So it's about working hard, but not too hard that you need more time to recover than 8 hours of sleep, then repeating. Afterwards hung out with neighbors, went shopping for picture frames (hanging up some new posters) and watched Lost in Translation. SUCH A GOOD MOVIE :OOOO Also, set up my guitar straps and cleaned a bit. Reordered guitar case

8-24.

-Signed up for singing/guitar classes, felt a lot signing up for three classes over 2-3 months and droppoing $400, but I know its always worth it. A little nervous but I had a blast last class, this nervousness/excitement feels like life. :) Thought about buying groupons for yoga studios around me... dont need to do research around eveyrsingle thing, just try 2-3 or even 1-2 to get an idea if you like it. a good environment and people and philosophy and you will do great. bought posters, sent them to staples, pick them up later tonight? Then watched Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona. Suprisingly, a woody allen movie, and pretty entertaining. I liked that it was about life. The exciting, the crazy, the dangerous, the unknowable, and the living through it. Being alive. heh. Cooked again, cast iron pan requires more maintenance but heating it up and rubbing oil is not that bad. Lets see if its worth it! Work on that pan sauce... I dont even like onions in the first place. 

• Like 1

tumblr_nn2axoKelE1rhza9ko1_1280.jpg

8-25.

-Worked 8-4, packed up my ebay items for shipping, worked on my posters a little, watched When Harry Met Sally, put the straps on my guitars.... I liked this movie because it was about a relationship over time, meeting and unmeeting, and divorce and the opposite of it...

8-26.

-Worked 1-10. Got up early(ish), ordered my two 8x10 prints, ordered food, went early to do work stuff, shipped my packages. Productive day in terms of tidying.

8-27.

-Work! 8-8. Then hanging out with my friend who came down to chill for the half weekend.... we stayed up til 8 am, dam video games really sucks up the time. as much as fun as playing smash and watching twitch and playing new games is, playign guitar and just HEARING the sounds that come out of my beautiful instrument just trumps all of that. Why does it take work though?

• Like 1

tumblr_nj7p20uYG01r1oy95o1_1280.jpg

week one review.

social: 5/5

guitar: 5/5

jiujitsu: 5/5

overall: 100% A

-Hahah kind of a cheap week, it was out of 11 days instead of 7, plus I lowered my expectations to 5 days a week of 30 min or more for all three pastimes each week. I acknowledge there is a day or multiple days when I won't have time, where I work too much or have too much going on, so thats ok. 5/7 is good enough, I know the drive and the want is there so lets be kind to ourselves and not kill ourselves and peter out :)

• Like 1

tumblr_nhwmlfBhK41rs8w78o1_1280.jpg

8-28.

-"Hangover," where I woke up at 3 pm... then slept at 2 am. Surprised I got any sleep at all. Watched twitch, got food, played a little bit of guitar, played some video games... that was the day ha. Video games really suck up the whole day!! Maybe thats why people like it?... haha. Just wanna be honest with myself; am i scared of a whole day off? Is there too much pressure from a full day? Or is it an opportunity to just spend time in the moment, a lot of it, on things you love? When I think of it that way I don't want to waste away in something that I don't love just because I'm bored or too afraid of too much time..

8-29.

-Work 8-5, then jiujitsu class! Good review and a lot of fun.... now i remember why i love it. I need something physical in my life. and learning is a plus too, plus just having people you like or are atleast familiar with. If I know I have an hour and a half after work and showering and eating before I should sleep, what should I do with the time? I could just open one web link... one article... and see my time dwindle until I just call it a night. Or, I could spend the moment on something that I love, that might be work, but one that I ultimately would enjoy spending it on and go to sleep satisfied. I guess tidying and organizing should be left to days that I have a lot of time, like on days off, if they aren't urgent. Lets get some guitar and  social and jiujitsu everyday! (or atleast 5/7 days ;])

8-30.

-oof. Went in early, printed some stuff, got food, did some yoga (crow pose and side plank) and then went home, read some emails, organized a little bit, goofed off, and played a little bit of guitar before going to sleep. Tired..

8-31.

-Got my guitar case, FINALLY, after 6 weeks of being lost and stolen and reimbursement and reordering. Also, worked on work: making the schedule, fixing the schedules, emails, then put my picture frames in, got rid of a lot of trash, cleaned up the place a bit, went to bjj class, and watched my dinner with andre. in my opinion, the movie a little pretentious. Didn't like all the talk, But still, some interesting thoughts about people, and being afraid of each other. Of needing to go to strange far away lands to get out of habits and to experience life again... but wally was saying that the simple things in life, if done mindfully, are all that we need. Interesting. And what about the thought of being open, of REACTING to people authentically? If we are all too afraid to do that, possibly for good reason, then we are giving up a lot of the wonder and unknowability of life... the magic of it. If it's not mortal danger, there is nothing to be afraid of... making a fool of yourself doesnt really matter. Also, why do i keep procrastinating on playing guitar? am i afraid to face it? its probably the thing i want the most... to improve my skills and to play in a band. Hmm, gotta face it. I know i have fun after... its just why do i spend the little rest time i have on clicking one last thing, checking on more thing that doesnt really matter and that i just thought of a second ago? hmmm

• Like 1

tumblr_ntzuxctq2S1undh1wo1_1280.jpg

9-1.

-Thursday. Busy ass day at work. Like, busiest day of the summer. So buys that one of my techs pretty much quit. jeez. Anyway, that was 1-10, I just cleaned a little, meditation, then after work just chilled with my friend who came to visit. Went out for a drink, first time ever just entered a bar with me and him and the bar was empty. A strange kind of feeling, the bar tender seemed annoyed because we kept him from closing the place up and going home. Next time just go to a more crowded spot! Then shared songs we liked, caught up, talked about tinder, and then called it a night.

9-2.

-WEnt to the beach, got food, chilled, then went to Boston, hung out with another friend, went out a little, then went home to family and visiting sisters. Long day.

9-3. 

-Food in chinatown with the fam, walden pond, played Sushi, Go! a card game, watched some Fresh off the boat, and then worked on my frist 1000 piece puzzle ever with my sisters. After a few hours we managed to get the frame and a couple of other things xD Its wierd because I miss them when therye not there, because theyre my sisters, but at the same time soemtimes i want them to go so i can resume normal life and do things and progress and get things done... We don't connect all the time, but atleast we are better than we ever were... the best part of my night was being close to my sister.... sorry im such an idiot sometimes... haha you really are my favorite sisters

• Like 1

tumblr_o38aleYOcP1rfogi1o1_1280.jpg

week two review.

guitar: 1/5

jiujitsu: 4/5

10/15= 67% D

-Not a great week achievement wize, but having fun the last two days going out took a lot of time for guitar and jiujitsu. thats fine. more guitar though! If you ever want to have a chance of quitting pharmacy and doing music for a living you gotta start playing soon haha. Also, stop procrastinating on instructions for 

• Like 2

tumblr_o0e3dlXmNt1r1arpmo1_500.jpg

9-4.

Sunday funday. Spent most of the day just chilling, with fam, eating, not talking direclty, but being there, being in the room, watched moonlight kingdom, which was fantastic. we fought. My sister thought I should have gone to help my mom, to not let her do my laundry for me, to not let her carry the laundry to my car. I thoguht that I should let my mom be my mom, and do motherly things because it makes her happy or atleast gives her a purpose. She yelled at me. I stood my ground. I still thinkn I'm right, and I'm proud of how i acted. Its okay, forgive them. im happy that I hugged them after, we see each other like a 4-5 days a year, we have to be nice to each otehr. or atleast not hate each other. My sisters, we spent a long time not getting along... It will take a while to get along, though I hope eventually we do. Also, played a lot of guitar. Feeling more and more confident. Singing, though, needs work and confidence. I think the right mindset is to just thinka botu mechanics and not judge, just enjoy and just focus on making the best output as possible, until you gain confidence in what you can do and can stand possible criticism, can stand uncertainty. 

9-5.

-Worked 8-3, labor day, the best day in a while. Like a weekend, but even less busy. Great. Got all my stuff, done, talked a little, then got the fuck outta there haha. Hurricane weather! Well, downgraded tropical storm atleast. Feels wierd. I live in a hurricane state? Northeast never is like this. Relief to find out that it will probably not be that bad. Afterwards, slept a LONG time... 2 hrs! Watched some Fresh off the Boat, I can connect a lot to the characters. Feels like my family, a little. But funnier. Then played guitar, for my neighbnors kids... I tiptoe and drop my shoulders to get closer to the guitar... to see better, and get closer, but I breathe less and dont have good posture. I think better posture will give me more energy and mind and concentration in the long run, and thats a better guitar playing posture... Played some white limo by Foo fighters, heavy metal is really funnnn :)

9-6.

-Work 8-5. Meeting til 630. Nap, shower, goofing off, eating, tv, then played guitar video games for a few hours. What about tidying? Tired today. Time to get some Z's....

9-7.

-Panera, mailed letter, sent messages, did some reflections, bought tickets, did my fantasy football draft, bjj class, with crazy lapel grips, and also read some Think and Grow Rich. Set up my doctors appointment, too. Pretty productive day, after review. I goofed off a lot too but I guess thats all that I could do, without overexerting myself and getting sick. If I only have x amount of energy and concentration to burn or use per day, then I have to make sure to use it on my priorities and the things that are important to me. that makes sense. You can work harder, but there is a limit to time and being burned out and being unproductive, its about prioritizing what you deem important and being able to find those important things. Remember, i'll count working towards the goals but this months priority was tidying all of my pastimes so I can concentrate easier in future months... I guess its never that easy. But work everyday on striking those goals you listed on the top. Work on that shit, a little bit, on everythingk, or atleast some, every day. 

• Like 1

tumblr_o3hcqc2fdc1s4bcbxo1_540.jpg

9-8.

-Well, atleast I got a lot of sleep. 9 hrs, to be exact. But i missed out on healthy food, yoga, and downloading music. fuck that sounds so terrible, I really feel like i missed out. Instead I slept, wasted time on my game and the internet.... I should ban that stuff if I get more than 7 hrs of sleep, because I don't need it to wake up. Just do it when eating or downstairs or something. Then work, hung out at my neighbors for the end of the game, and then that was it. Documentation. Also, I pretty much need to have a pack of beer at all times. Its just nice to have so it can be used as an excuse to hang out or come over or go over, also, its something to do and it tastes okay and makes you feel good. Haha sound like such an alcoholic.

9-9.

-Dam, I gotta stop not updating every night and playing catchup. Not only because it takes a lot of time, but the time I spend every day updating and reflecting is really important for the process and learning and achievement. Because keeping up to date means you value your record keeping and daily ritual and steadyness. Update everyday.

Anyway, friday I worked 1-10, woke up really late, got food, etc. Then after chilled with the neighbors, went out, got late night food. Slept late ha.

9-10.

-Day off! Woke up late again (what a trend. I like the extra stuff I can do at night but I do less stuff in the am for productive stuff. I guess if you do stuff with people they are more free at night than in the morning, atleast the people I know. In fact, the reason why mornings can be so productive is that there are no people around to talk and interact and distract you from your work. I really didn't like mornings this week. Anyways, did guitar class for 2 hrs, then bbq, then hanging out and watching movies. Fun. No time for rituals or habits though. Gotta make time, when I get back. Its important for commitment and devotion and shows that you really want it. The bbq felt wierd though. We were all separate friend groups from teh host, so I just stood around with my coworkers. I eventually tried to play charades and talked with a couple other people, but maybe I shoudla done that at the start. Its like my neighbor, always just automatically being social and moving on instead of spending time thinking what will happen if things go wrong. Most people wont even notice. 

• Like 1

tumblr_nd0abiZyux1tchrkco1_500.gif

week three review.

guitar: 4/5

jiujitsu: 1/5

overall: 10/15 D (67%)

-Well, at this point its clear what my priorities are, for my priorities. Its how its listed. Social is most important, then my guitar dreams and pleasure next, then jiujitsu is maintained mostly by going to classes and learning some other things, taking care of my body. Taking these guitar and singing classes really make me want to play every day. That and learning all the notes on the finger board, and learning scales and just learning music. Because although I badly want to be good at guitar, I also want to be good at MUSIC and have that understanding translate to other instruments, songwriting, and just the enjoyment of music overall. Ive always liked listening to music. At this point my music listening and taste is far superior to my guitar playing. I think it's my biggest strength, and I intend on using it to make my own place in my musical journey. Now onto the next week! only one week left dangg

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." ~ John Quincy Adams

• Like 1

tumblr_o9eemmiZka1u6x3h6o1_500.jpg

9-11.

-Football sunday!! But worked 8-8 xD Afterwards, chilled at my friends place. hmm. I texted him just to hang out, to watch the football game, and got lukewarm answers, felt unsure, but went anyway to see. Friendly, but I was thinkign the whole time if I was intruding. If my neighbor senses that he just makes a quick exit. But at the same time I wasn't sure if he wanted me to stay at the same time. Existing somewhere inbetween being a bother and being the opposite of it... So unclear haha. But we're still friends, maybe just not the best one. I forgot to say that next time he shoudl watch it at my house. When saying goodbye, its good to mention a future hang out if you want. Right now I kind of blank it out but I coulda grab the bull by the horn.

9-12.

-Woke up LATE. ugh. Im getting tired of it. Sleep earlier, like ! am at the very latest. 11 or 12 better. Thats not early thats normal. Didn't leave my house til 2, though I did get meditation, yoga, and cleaning up in there. Still I set my alarm for 930am x_x. Finished yoga @ coach.me, but now I want to do a final review and synthesize that information before being done with it and crossing it off my tidy list. Watched some youtube singing videos, took a half hour singing class. That was basically intro, he listened to us, made some comments, talked some basics, want me to bring in my acoustic and pick a song i want to sing for next week. cool. Then I went to work to do the schedule, then watched football game with neighbor, went home and did some financial organization, downloaded music, and called it a night.

9-13.

-Late again, somewhat, just not enough sleep, remember the engine in your soul and being, just wanting to chug on and do. the simple pleasure of action. even if i am tired. it energizes me, doing. Went to IKEA for FOUR FREAKING hours, bought a lot fo stuff, bed stuff, bench, chair, updated kitchen stuff, and some rugs. Rug on rug is great lol. Do houseplants really attact bugs? i hate bugs. Also went to guitar center ready to throw down for a 12 inch tube amp, but they didnt have teh orange tube nor the fenders blues jr... so i will wait a little more. maybe even order it online. Afterwards, started to cook, then some neighbors came over, played my game, washed dishes, then am on here now cataloguing.

• Like 1

tumblr_n7ppsxvd3b1rs8w78o1_500.jpg

9-14.

-Work 1-10. Made some phone calls, texts, and then made my bed with new sheets and new pillow case. Getting ready in the morning is a great time to make those business calls, on hold and then just do some cleaning or manual labor while you are waiting. Then, habits, end of day, and try to read some guitar charts. Early wake up tmr. Bought my fender blues jr!!! finally a great amp. Feel like taking the next step B)

9-15.

-Working, tired but got some stuff done. a night at home, just reading about chord inversions with 3rd/5th on the bass string, relationships between frets, and playing some songs. Reflections. Fun, relaxing, invigorating, I love my house :)

9-16.

-Work, 1230-10, played some guitar, mediated, got food from whole foods, then went out. I wasnt sure because she asked me, but didn't seem really enthusiastic, both when asking and after when i asked, but once i got there everything was forgotten and we all just had a good time. Like it was really fun. So when you get mild feelers or no strong invitations, dont fret, because when you actually get there and interact its a whoel different ballgame. all is forgotten and we just have fun. 

9-17.

-Guitar classes 1230-330, then slept and took benadryl for itching and slept more. Lol. Implemented a plan to read a little, eliminate a web link everyday and eventually, over 1-2 months, to kill all those internet links. because its not somethign i can do in one day and 6 hours. its a continuous prsocess. and you have to just continue for the a little bit, a little bit over and over. because shit adds up. It really does. its amazing, the longterm power of habit and continual process. Lets put that power and principlke to our advantage to do what we wnat, to accomplish what I want, to work towards and learn towards my goal of learning and interest. i want to learn, in my free time, it provides me satisfaction and fulfillment and is what makes me happy. its what maeks me me. Also, I read more Think and Grow Rich. Phenomenal book, will change my life. Already did. Will change my life more. Then went out, with 2 new people.

• Like 1

tumblr_o6rgh4jSrl1rxgoj1o1_1280.jpg

week four review.

guitar: 5/5

jiujitsu: 1/5

overall: 11/15 C (73%)

-Proud of my 5/5 on guitar this week. I love doing something everyday about it. I know that I have to sacrifice my jiujitsu a little, but I feel like its worth it. Jiujitsu is important but i already have my commuinity and my training sessions. I don't really need to do extra home stuff, since I dont care too much about getting faster since its just tournaments and belt promotions, both of which i can cram for, but its okay. Guitar and social are more important right now because i want specific thigns in social and guitar, I dont have those support groups or community yet, after can reevaluate after. But I'm thinking i sitll want it, because its still importnat to me, I can still watch videos and do yoga and further myself in that direction, just less. Maybe only on my days off. So maybe 2/5, or 3/5. Lets test it next time. Its less of a priority than others, definitiely. 

--

End of challenge! I will be doing a wrap up and a new thread sometimes this week, but sometime this week I want to consolidate  aoc and yoga, finish hanging up my posters, 3 2 things

tumblr_mxksn0imEG1rykiwgo1_1280.jpg

challenge end review.

sigh. another review decimated by the back button glitch. Oh wells, I'll put my energy and heart into my next thread, since thats what I'm thinking about anyways.

craft no. 1: SOCIAL

yup, deleted. Its ok, I learned.

--

20/20 A (100%)

craft no. 2: GUITAR

same

--

15/20 C (75%)

craft no. 3: JIU-JITSU

Finished putting posters up on the wall of my dojo (though I only use it for meditation now, and some yoga). Finished the coach.me plan for basic yoga poses, so atleast I know some basics before I try to go to yoga class. Good enough. I just want to do a consolidation thing where I pick my favorite poses, maybe go through a few of them again and learn some extra stuff, the ones I like or think will be very helpful. TIdied the links a little bit, but a lot of it is stuff I don't have to do. Or backburner stuff. Right now, I want to do my stuff. I don tneed to tidy. its tgood enough. But then I think of my house, and how tidying it made me feel just better. So maybe i should go through. The problem is that in my house are stuff I KNOW i dont use... in my links are stuff i think i will use. Or stuff that will take me a long time to find. but it will also take me a long time to organzie and go through. some of them are like stuff that i want in the future. I need to stop doing things that dont serve sme right now, to help me in the future. The time will come when I seek those things out and go through them because its what I need right now and have a plan on using an applying them. Knowledge is just knowledge until you apply it, then it is power. otherwise it is clutter. 

So what exactly is the difference? one i know i wont need because i dont like it, it doesnt provide joy, or spark joy, and just makes my life messier... the other one does the same but has the potential... why dont i just look for it when i need it? when my craft is ready for it? I acutally never go into the links, pretty much. theyre all just for the future. like my books. like my instruction manuals. --okay, i actually just went thrsough, deleted the encyclopedia links i bookmarked that I will probably never need. the shopping stuff i can easily look up. I eventually want a white scramble gi, sure, but I can decide that later. maybe when i get a blue belt. but its easy. i organzied it and bookmarked it if i ever did need it. now i can move on. it doesnt clutter anything. okay, just did my guitar one. the hard one is social, because there are so many links there about htings that i just need to READ and explore. they are like mini books. articles, and collections of articles, and webpages with articles and links and videos. so a lot of stuff. this is the stuff that im trying to destroy, 1 at a time. and it will take time. just like all the books on this shelf. whats the differnece between this? well, in guitar and jiujitsu its tiered off, learn basics first then move up. in social, im already 26 years deep, so its a lot of areas all at teh same time. and its non linear. you can be good at one thing and bad at another. so its time to go. yes. i love books because tey make every day unique. in adiditon to jus tlife. life is my girlfriend. hahaha. i lvoe it. life i can control and life i cannot. all spectacular. because i can never know, i can never really know anything at all.

--

11/20 F (55%)

tumblr_nd1apb5AqA1rs8w78o1_1280.jpg

level up!

so I'm gonna do the same thing, even stats from now on, so +2.5 each. 46/60 is +1.9 points per stat.

Level 17. Adventure Knight. 

str 29.5 dex 20.5 sta 30.9 con 31.4 wis 48.7 cha 37.3