Anaticula - Respawn

Anaticula

I seem to be stuck in a cycle of respawn after respawn. I really need to get my life together. Things have been going well, but were super stressful.  I have finally reached a point where I should be able to get things back under control. I graduated from LSU with my MLIS on August 5th. I am getting married Sunday, September 18th to a really great guy that I adore. He makes up for all my worst weaknesses and supports me in all that I do. My job is okay. It can still be stressful at times, and I have applied at two other places that I'd like to work at.  I'm getting along well with the kids, for a bit the stress was getting to me and I'd snap at them over stupid stuff.  Now that I've a whole lot less stress in my life I'm much calmer and easy going with them.  They still have times that they stress me out to the max, and I still fuss at them, but not nearly as much and not over stupid things.  I've learnt that getting some alone time to do stuff on my own is important, so there are weekends when I do my own thing without Matt or the girls.  And that's fine. I used to think I was supposed to spend all my weekend time with them, but now I can see I need time for me too. So that means it's time to respawn and get my health on track.  I did a physical appointment back in the beginning of July and the findings are that I'm in great shape other than three things. I plan to focus on areas to help me with these three things.

Problem  #1 I'm obese. I weigh in at nearly 330 pounds. This means I have trouble with shortness of breath, getting up stairs, and moving for long periods of time.  My goal for weight is to get between 140 and 180. I say in between those numbers because I want to feel healthy, not hit a particular weight goal.  I know that this is a long term goal, so I'm trying to break it into reasonable amounts. For now I want to focus on getting my weight below 300. I know that loosing 30 pounds in a month probably won't happen, but I want to try for it anyways.

Goal 1: Lose 30 pounds by my wedding. To do this I will buy a scale. I will stop drinking soda and fast food from my diet. Will I hit 30 pounds, not likely, but this will be a big step in the right direction.

Problem #2 I have super low iron. My doctor has told me to get on an iron pill. I also know that this can e solved by eating more greens and drinking less soda. However, until my iron levels come back up I need to stay on the iron pill. From what I've read, this low iron could be the source of a great many of my general health problems.  I feel tired and sluggish a lot of the time. It is a real possibility that the reason for this is the low iron.  One of the things iron does is help build red blood cells.  Blood cells deliver oxygen.  Low iron means low levels of oxygen. Symptoms of low iron are: feeling weak and tired, dizziness, grumpy and cranky, headaches, look pale, short of breath, trouble concentrating.  I have all of these problems. I'm hoping that getting my iron levels up will help me get them all to go away.

Goal 2: Get the iron up. Every day I will take my iron pill. I will also increase my intake of iron rich foods, such as spinach, raisins, eggs, beans, and liver. I'm still doing research on what the best iron increasing foods are.  I will also stop drinking soda as mentioned in goal 1.

Problem #3 I have high blood pressure. My blood pressure is really high.  I have what's considered Stage 1 high blood pressure.  My numbers usually fall between 140 and 160 for the top number, and 85 to 95 for the lower number.  It's supposed to be less than 120 over 80. There are lots of different factors causing it. Stress.  Being overweight. Lack of physical activity. Salt. And so on. As i just graduated, I've reduced a lot of my stress right there. My job has changed slightly which is less stress, and if I really want I can find a job else where, I just have to keep applying.  Some stress areas I can't get rid of. I love Matt and the kids even though they drive me crazy at times.  Same with the cats. I want to strangle the little jerks when they treat me like a trampoline and sink their claws in, but I still love them. The weight will come off slowly, so for this goal I will focus on exercising more.

Goal 3: Move it. I will exercise 5 days a week.  I am going to pick one of the nerd fitness workouts to do on three days a week and will walk the other two days each week.  I play Pokemon Go, so I can head to the small town near where I live and circle the block hitting pokestops. I will have to pack a change of clothes to put on after work, otherwise, I'll go home and change into my pajamas instead of workout clothing and not get a workout done.  For the mornings I do the Nerd Fitness workouts I can wake up when Matt's alarm goes off before mine and get things done then.

Personal Goal: Me time. For my personal goal I want to get 30 minutes of 'me time' each day.  This can be relaxing in my library, getting a manicure, or playing pokemon on my ds. What ever the case may be, it will 30 minutes of stress free time that does not involve social obligations, kids, or Matt. It will allow me to de-stress and relax. 

I'm going to try to remember to post here daily about how things are going. This time I need to keep on track and get healthy.  If I don't start now things will just continue to get worse. I don't want my health to keep deteriorating. I want to get healthier and better.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

I still have my bike, but I've not done any exercise in ages. I've been overwhelmed by life and everything just fell off.  I'm hoping that once I get a bit of walking in that I'll pick biking back up too. I'm working not too far away from a nice, walk/bike trail that I can head to in the evenings. I've just got to get myself back in the habit of doing stuff. I want to get back into the 5ks and triathlons, I'm actually debating signing myself up for a race if they have one soon just to prove to myself I can still do a 5k. I have a cast iron skillet and pot, so I can start using those more when I cook to help.  Every little bit will add up!

• Like 2

Level 6 Magikarp

I enjoy hot tea, but never got into the iced tea.  Problem with hot tea though is I tend to add way to much sugar, usually three or 4 lumps, but I suppose it would still be less that the coke. And easier to wean the sugar out of as I can gradually start adding less. Tomorrow is payday, so I'm doing a shopping trip to pick up a scale and some healthy food once I get off work. Saturday will be spent cleaning house as Sunday we've company coming over.  If I have a chance Saturday I'm going to use the cleaning time to get rid of all the old crap in the pantry and fridge.  We've a ton of left over Christmas candy that really needs to go!

Level 6 Magikarp