Michi rejoins the Sailor Senshi! Friends help with goals!

Thanks, all!  

@Teros I'm Pagan, so by ritual I mean things like a full moon ritual.  I feel like I'm really bad at explaining this right now, so in spoiler tags I'll put a summary of a new moon ritual I did a few months ago.

I set up a simple altar with the following:

North: my quartz and two stones

East: my fan, my bell, and a bird figurine

South: my lighter, lava rock, and a cinnamon stick

West: abalone shell piece, and two other shells

Center: white candle on a clear holder

Other: my elemental pray beads around the center candle, my sage partway between west and south

First I smudged myself and my room.

Then I cast a circle and called the elements.

Then I used my fan to cleanse away the negativity holding back my health.   I used my bell as a chime to signal that it is gone!

I then visualized/prayed for health, holding a shell to my heart to ask for help from Water.

Thanked the elements, opened circle, cleaned up, and had small food and drink to ground.

If that was way more information than you wanted Teros, I am sorry!

On to today's summary!

Good day today... got about 13k steps at work and then hit the gym for about 45 minutes. Sitting at about 17.5k steps now but I'm winding down for the night.  Might try to get some reading towards my weekly goal.

Also, I made a spreadsheet.  Because just as Friendship is Magic, Spreadsheets are Magic too!  Setsuna would be so proud of me!

Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Edited to add:  Also I am apparently not tagging people correctly.  Help a Senshi out?

• Like 4

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Today has been SUPER SUCKY!  Super duper pooper!  I hate today!  It can die in a fire!

OK, rant over.  My goals for the rest of the evening are:

-don't drink calories

-don't eat the entire bag of chocolate in the fridge

-go to bed at a decent hour

Also, I edited permissions on the spreadsheet I linked in prior post, so that folks can actually see it.

Still hoping someone can help me with tagging. Pretty pretty please?

• Like 4

Challenges:

4 minutes ago, MichiruSedai said:

Today has been SUPER SUCKY!  Super duper pooper!  I hate today!  It can die in a fire!

Urgh, sorry today was so sucky. but good work on your list of to-dos to try and turn it around! 

4 minutes ago, MichiruSedai said:

I think you did it right but it sometimes doesn't properly find the person you're trying to tag. Just @(insertusername) and select the name of the user from the drop down list. Sometimes it doesn't work and you have to delete the tag part and try again. Other times, you have to refresh the whole thing. And other times, like today for me as I type this and have tried to tag you, it won't work at all ;)

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

@deftona   testing

• Like 1

Challenges:

13 minutes ago, MichiruSedai said:

OK, rant over.  My goals for the rest of the evening are:

-don't drink calories

-don't eat the entire bag of chocolate in the fridge

-go to bed at a decent hour

Also, I edited permissions on the spreadsheet I linked in prior post, so that folks can actually see it.

You got this and you will make it!

Here for you always!

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

"The night is long and the path is dark. Look to the sky for one day soon the dawn will come."

My Nerd Fitness Character

Current Challenge: New Year; New Kronos

23 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

If that was way more information than you wanted Teros, I am sorry!

So is the overall thing for general health? Is there anything else you do?

I wish that you needed to do something else for the tagging because I like using a random AT SYMBOL but it automatically comes up with a list and it loads forever for me. Bleh.

• Like 1

@Teros  yeah I figured out that I was typing too quickly... I have to wait for the list to load

Oh there are lots of other things. The one I shared was about health but you can do rituals for basically anything.  New baby blessings, prosperity, bountiful harvest (whether that's literal of food, or a harvest of things in your life etc).  A lot of my rituals seem to end up focusing on health just because I've had so many mental health struggles the past few years.

Here's an article with a better summary than I'm giving: Pagan Rituals

Also thanks @deftona and @LordKronos87  for your supportive posts  :)

I took my son to the pool and walked laps while he spashed in the sprinklers.

Now I'm getting ready to air pop some popcorn, refill my water, and read a while before bed.  Which will happen at a decent hour, darnit!

• Like 4

Challenges:

Challenges:

13 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

Now I'm getting ready to air pop some popcorn, refill my water, and read a while before bed.  Which will happen at a decent hour, darnit!

I hope today is going better.

The evening sound like it was a good day :)

Also glad to see you figured out tags, mine takes forever to load too. I usually type the post and then go back and tag so i can finish my thoughts lol.

• Like 1

My Character ~~ My Log ~~ Formerly Kelley Gammell

Thanks, @Kelley Gammell

Today was better on the things that sucked yesterday (work related)

Today was challenging emotionally, as the evil depression sock puppet whispered to me all day about what a bad person I am, and why the reason I have gone through so many friends and partners the past few years is because I am just not worth it, I am too much trouble, I am not attractive, etc etc etc

I was planning to have today be a low calorie day because I am angry at the scale fluctuating up, but I've been frickin starving all day, so that's not happening.  I'll stay under 1700 though. Probably. Maybe. So far I've avoided the chocolate in the fridge. I wasn't planning to make popcorn again tonight but I think I am going to just because eating that is way less calorie than the bag of chocolate.

• Like 1

Challenges:

First of all, *punches the sock puppet in the face and then takes scissors to it, gleefully tearing its threads out one by one and then sets it on fire*

Now that that bit is over with *hugs* You're a good person, you are worth it, you're no trouble at all and I think you're pretty ^_^ And you are not alone on the starving front. I've been ravenous all damned day. >_<

have you ever made a mandala before? I find them very cathartic when I'm stressed or feeling brutally sad. There is a short section in that link about creating them. My cousin Rhea made a LOT of them short after she and her partner split up and she said it hugely helped her feel better and it was nice to make something beautiful. :)

• Like 3

I should actually make a sock puppet and destroy it. 

I've never made a mandala. I'll do some reading on the link you shared.

Thanks for the suggestion, and support.  *hugs*

Depressed ramblings behind spoiler tags.

This all kicked off because I'm trying to organize a karaoke night Saturday to celebrate a friend's graduation. There are three of us going, maybe a fourth. For the last year or so every time I try to do karaoke it's the same four of us. And it's a fun group!  But I remember back in 2014 when I had a much more thriving social life, and karaoke night was usually 8-12+ of us.   One of the people I used to do karaoke with posted on fb today organizing a karaoke night for this Friday. She immediately got lots of responses of people going. I've gotten zero responses outside of the people I specifically invited.  and it's just... I miss having the big social life with all the people.  I know I needed to step back from it for my own health on a number of levels but it was fun feeling popular while it lasted.  Now I'm considering a fb break so that I don't have to keep seeing all my former friends turned acquaintances planning all their social stuff that no longer includes me.  And I'll enjoy my 3 or 4 person karaoke night. I will. I just... meh.  I have made and lost so many friends, tried dating so many people (up until this year of no dating), in the past four years, and I'm just tired of meeting people and being discarded or forgotten.

One of the recurring themes of my depression is the feeling that I am disposable.  I am left for other partners, or cheated on and then left.  Friends don't reach out to me, I have to do all the reaching, and most the time it comes to nothing.  None of these people miss me - they have great lives with all their other people, and I'm over here in fucking Mayberry, with a handful of friends I talk to and/or see on a semi-regular basis, just trying not to eat or drink myself into oblivion on a daily basis.

I'm just so tired of feeling this way and I don't know any way to fix it other than make friends who actually stay friends longer than 6-12 months, or give up trying and buy more cats.

Challenges:

9 hours ago, Leigh said:

First of all, *punches the sock puppet in the face and then takes scissors to it, gleefully tearing its threads out one by one and then sets it on fire*

Image result for sock puppet gif

9 hours ago, Leigh said:

have you ever made a mandala before?

I know someone that ONLY does that over and over again.  She actually painted me a tiny one for my b-day. :)  Very cool

• Like 3

I've never made mandalas either! I have a ton of coloring books of them though (and some really nice markers). I definitely use them for centering myself.

I absolutely am in the same boat with friends vs. acquaintances. Plus - I've got the added bonus of not having a set group of people I work with AND not being at home half the time for plans. Unfortunately, I've got zero ideas to help - just solidarity.

• Like 2

Thanks, as always, for the supportive posts. <3

Today I'm excited because karaoke night.  But I'm trying not to beat myself up since I have already made a bad food choice, and the only way I'm going to stay in my calorie range is to either not eat a fulfilling dinner, or not have drinks at karaoke.  Neither option suits me, so I might just go over my range and have my mantra be "going over my range 1 day out of 7 is OK".

It is OK right?  Or am I making excuses, and I should just skip having a drink?

• Like 1

Challenges:

3 minutes ago, MichiruSedai said:

Today I'm excited because karaoke night.  But I'm trying not to beat myself up since I have already made a bad food choice, and the only way I'm going to stay in my calorie range is to either not eat a fulfilling dinner, or not have drinks at karaoke.  Neither option suits me, so I might just go over my range and have my mantra be "going over my range 1 day out of 7 is OK".

I have found that beating yourself up about one day is more detrimental than helpful. It happens sometimes. Recognize it. You have a bad day - be okay with that and get back on track for the next day. Make sense?

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

"The night is long and the path is dark. Look to the sky for one day soon the dawn will come."

My Nerd Fitness Character

Current Challenge: New Year; New Kronos

20 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

So I know this is late. But having a day every once in a while is not going to derail your progress unless you let it. It seems you are making a conscious decision to go over your calorie range to do something special. You might not get the numbers you would want on your next weigh in, but they will definitely smooth out by getting back on track.

The issue isn't usually having one day (or meal!) of bad choices, it's letting that decision lead you down a rabbit hole of unhealthy decisions. As long as you wake up today with the understanding that you will be back on track and not get discouraged by your next weigh in, this is a complete win!

• Like 1

Good points, Kronos and Sylvaa.   I weigh every day, and I'm amused to be down a pound today.  To be fair, I limited myself to 2 drinks, and the food I ordered was healthy.

I'll have a longer post summarizing week one later, but for now, my brother is still in town. :)

• Like 1

Challenges:

Week one summary!

I did mostly well! You can see precisely how well in my spreadsheet

I went over calories one day out of seven, and I did not get my spiritual time for the week.  But all in all, I will call week one successful.

I know I posted this morning that I'd have a longer post, but... it's all in the spreadsheet, lol.

• Like 3

Challenges:

Busy start to the week,followed by getting sick. Hopefully I can catch up on everyone's threads soon.

August summary:  did well on goals, and lost 9.4lbs!   Only 0.8lbs to my next minigoal!

• Like 2

Challenges: