SkinNBones Birthday Challenge

skinNbones

Happy birthday! Hope you've had a good day.

Birthday challenge? 4 week birthday!!

• Like 3

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

1 hour ago, skinNbones said:

You're spot on. I wonder I'm going to feel 3 weeks from now when Im still doing a 'Birthday challenge'

15 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Birthday challenge? 4 week birthday!!

^ :D 

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

I sort of gave myself a day off on Monday, had a long day at work and it was my birthday.

Tried to carry on with chinups yesterday managed 7,6,7.

Today would be time to get with the program but hopefully I'll go to basketball instead.

The wisdom of age: don't stop walking.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, skinNbones said:

But in more interesting news, baby bones has started rolling !

I think when she gets a bit more practice this might be how she gets about for a while, so we'll have to start being more careful.

This is so cute! 

• Like 1

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Sorry I'm a little late to this birthday party, but I will echo the sentiment made by @Charlie_Quinn and that you should just celebrate the rest of the challenge. No reason not to take full advantage of this party. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

I made it to basketball on Wednesday and did chinups last night.

Basketball was fun but I was getting boxed out by a young lad who was smaller than me so I think I need to do some sort of rugby drills for standing my ground. Any suggestions welcome.

Tonight should finally be a workout day , I've sad it now so I'm committed.

• Like 4

This morning I got a run in. Only 30 odd minutes which was 4.9 km. But it felt good to start running some distance again .

I wore my Nike Frees again , which was good for my sore foot (which seems to best in barefoot) but not so great for my back (less cushioning )

• Like 3

Glad you got a run in. My Nike Frees 2 wore out, and the store didn't have them anymore. I got Nike 5 Frees, but they have more cushioning.  I'm finding my feet get sorer in those then they did in the Nike Free 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Glad you got a run in. My Nike Frees 2 wore out, and the store didn't have them anymore. I got Nike 5 Frees, but they have more cushioning.  I'm finding my feet get sorer in those then they did in the Nike Free 2

Exactly!

Didn't the 5's come with 2 different insoles, to make them 'more free' ?

8 hours ago, skinNbones said:

Exactly!

Didn't the 5's come with 2 different insoles, to make them 'more free' ?

Mine only had 1 insole. 

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Interesting about the Nike Frees. I had a spell last year where I could run in Nike Frees but not in more cushioned running shoes. Now that seems to have reversed again.

Hey OPM, they're definitely a mixed bag.

I think I explained in an earlier challenge how I bought them years a go in a bargain bucket and did all my c25k without realising they were 'barefoot' runners. Didn't realise until I had then worn them for Basketball and hurt my knees.

Well done on the one legged squats. I dream of being able to do those but my old lady knees aren't too keen on the idea!

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

One legged squats are seriously impressive mate, nice work.

Well done on the one legged squats. I dream of being able to do those but my old lady knees aren't too keen on the idea!

Thanks guys but don't get too excited. I can't go right down yet, this is the second step on my stairs. I'm also still on the progression where you hold a weight in front of you while doing it, which surprises makes it easier (I think because you're tipping yourself forward which gets the upward motion started )

• Like 2

Working on the one leg squat on the stairs is a good idea.

Hey guess what? I actually looked at my Nike 5, and you can remove the cushiony sole. Which is kind of cool , because I can wear them without, but if I feel like some days I need more padding I can add that. Funny, I never even checked before, I just assumed it was attached.

Working on the one leg squat on the stairs is a good idea.

Hey guess what? I actually looked at my Nike 5, and you can remove the cushiony sole. Which is kind of cool , because I can wear them without, but if I feel like some days I need more padding I can add that. Funny, I never even checked before, I just assumed it was attached.

So you can go less cushiony, not more.

• Like 1

A bit of a stressful night last night so no exercise got done.

We went out to eat and then got phoned by our neighbours who had rescued a rabbit from the jaws of a fox (our rabbit). Miraculously we found the other one hid behind a wall, and a quick trip to the vet and toothpaste seems ok - apart from a little chunk out of her ear, bless her. We've moved their hutch inside for now though.

• Like 1