The way you live your days... [zenLara]

Lara

This challenge has been inspired by a quote I keep seeing in @Briniel's threads and that resonates deeply with me: the way you live your days is the way you live your life. I want a healthier, happier and more active life, so I'll try to have healthier, happier and more active days.

At the same time, and as I said in my last challenge, I feel like I need a break, and the way I've found best to combine these two sensations (improving how I live my days and yet not feeling drained) is not skipping the challenge but reducing the number of goals and being less demanding on the results.

The challenge is a two-part challenge.

Part 1

This part is made of a list of small actions that will be taken everyday to improve my life in one or other way. The list is long, but I've chosen actions that are short and can be done in minutes if not in seconds. The whole list shouldn't take much more than 1 hour of my daily time. However, it can make a huge difference if I manage to do everything everyday, because the effect will be accumulative. This is why I'm aiming for a 100 days streak.

The goal won't start until we come back from our trip to the Pyrenees, because I don't think I could manage to keep the streak there, and it feels like cheating to start next week and then interrupt it.

List of actions:

· 10 minutes meditation.

· Choose one inspiring quote for the day.

· Anxiety helping supplements: B, C, o-3. Coconut oil tablespoon.

· At least one type of vegetable in every meal.

· 10 minutes of reading.

· 10 minutes of cleaning or decluttering.

· Teeth cleaning and floss.

· 1 Kegel exercise.

· 2 breathing exercises along the day.

· Jaw relaxing exercise or some other Feldenkrais exercise.

· Spend a few moments upside down.

· Write down on a journal how I feel about the way I spent my day.

100% achievement on 65 days: C

100% achievement on 85 days: B

100% achievement on 100 days: A

This 100 days challenge includes mostly things I'm always lazy with. I know the huge benefit I get from them when I do them regularly, and yet, it is always hard to do the work. So, on one side, with this 100 days streak I will try to make an habit of most of them, and, on the other side, I will offer myself some rewards to encourage the process.

C reward: a book I might be interested at that moment  nerdy t-shirt

B reward: some beautiful earrings (I had chosen the ones I wanted and put the link but they seem to have disappeared between last night and today?) nerdy t-shirt

A reward: Ástríkur og Kleópatra + nerdy t-shirt

(yes, you've noticed, I'm in need of new clothes)

The prizes are also accumulative, so I may get only the C reward if the streak is short, but if my streak is long enough I can win all the rewards as I go through the different stages.

Part 2

I'm keeping 2 goals from these last months. They relate to my motto for the challenge because they contribute to a great extent to a healthy, happy and active life.

1. Go out! There is no bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.

Going out 2 or 3 times a week will be enough to pass the challenge. As I said, I want it to be a light challenge, so I won't put much pressure on how much I do as long as I do something.

2-3 times a week: C

4 times a week: B

5 or more times a week: A

1. Have fun! Includes self-defense, parallettes, acrobatics, or any other type of workout, provided that I have fun with it.

I won't be too demanding here, either. I just want to keep some activity going on. Unfortunately, acrobatics lessons won't start until september the 5th, so I'll focus on the other things in the meantime.

1 workout a week: C

2 workouts a week: B

3 or more workouts a week: A

About acrobatics and self-defense, I would like to add some mental practice on my rest days, or later in the day after a lesson. Mental practice does wonders with music technique, and I guess it can help even more with bigger moves. There's no obligation of doing it, but I would like to give it a try.

100 challenge. 1, 2 or 3 WIS points, depending on how long the streak. If/when I get to achieve the 100 days streak, I immediately go up TWO levels (aside from the level I might be going up from the challenge going on at that moment).

Go out. 2 CON points.

Have fun! 1 STR and 1 STA points.

Special points for meditation: 1, 2 or 3 WIS points depending on the streak.

• Like 6

And best way to start a challenge is: a workout!

Parallettes:

· plank push-ups 4x5

· front dips 4x5

· plank hold 2x30'

· tuck hold 2x15'

· mountain climbers 4x5

· chin ups 2x2

Short one because I expect to go to self-defense this afternoon (DONE!) and I don't want to be too tired, especially after yesterday's sprints burnout.

• Like 5

Following along of course. 

I also love this quote and yay for the 100 days! I finish my first one next Thursday. I did terribly but that just means it will be easily beaten in the next one! 

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Woohoo!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hooray! Following!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

6 hours ago, Darth Yoga said:

image.jpg

Yay!

3 hours ago, deftona said:

Following along of course. 

I also love this quote and yay for the 100 days! I finish my first one next Thursday. I did terribly but that just means it will be easily beaten in the next one! 

2 hours ago, fleaball said:

Woohoo!

1 hour ago, NeverThatBored said:

Hooray! Following!

Welcome everybody! I am sure we will all achieve great success!

for-breakfast.gif

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Welcome everybody! I am sure we will all achieve great success!

for-breakfast.gif

theres-only-one-thing-i-hate-more-than-l

I had to. But yes, we will all be successful!

• Like 3

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

"There is no bad weather, just inappropriate clothing" - nice quote :) I'm not sure I 100% agree but it seems good advice to live by nonetheless. My attitude is usually to wear the same thing all the time and then complain if it's not 20'C with still air, no rain and broken sunshine :P

Oh, and following of course!

• Like 2

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

On 20/8/2016 at 7:13 AM, Owlet said:

ps. great challenge Lara! Looking forward to following! (wow that's creepy)

18 hours ago, annyshay said:

Ooooh, shiny format change. Can't wait to see more awesome. :)

6 hours ago, SymphonicDan said:

"There is no bad weather, just inappropriate clothing" - nice quote :) I'm not sure I 100% agree but it seems good advice to live by nonetheless. My attitude is usually to wear the same thing all the time and then complain if it's not 20'C with still air, no rain and broken sunshine :P

Oh, and following of course!

Thanks for being here!

See you in a few days!

• Like 1

Back from the Pyrenees!!

The place was AMAZING! We camped in a place that had a similar mountain structure than the place we camped last month in the Alto Tajo, but this was like its bigger brother. Everything was so huge!

We've come back extremely tired after so much hiking, but it was worth it, because I can't even describe how beautiful the place was.

This is the town near the place we camped:

medium.20160822_112123.jpg.9029ef0afe327

A view near the camping place:

medium.20160822_190739.jpg.b031ad6146a83

A place I tried to swim in, but had to get out because my legs were hurting so strongly:

medium.20160823_145053.jpg.d639a685c8214

medium.20160823_150043.jpg.9b2463c14611a

medium.20160823_145642.jpg.44d9ce8be1246

One of the places we stopped to have lunch some day:

large.20160823_142245.jpg.becedaab85f3e5

Some other places we walked by:

medium.20160823_123719.jpg.eddec8eef94ae

medium.20160822_203517.jpg.984a3a3267873

medium.20160822_185319.jpg.b70f8d9afe457

medium.20160822_185301.jpg.db456303c8c38

medium.20160821_192719.jpg.2251d06cf5e80

• Like 6

Now, the down side: what happened when we came home.

Little "previously": there's been one month we don't have light in our landing because the switch broke and the neighbourhood association has done nothing about it. The stairs don't have windows so we go downstairs in the dark or use our phones. Light works in our neighbour's landing.

We had just arrived when the door bell rang and it was the sister and the son of our neighbour, the one that takes care of our cat when we are not home. They told us, pretty agressively, that one of those times the lady had come to feed the cat, she had to go downstairs in the dark and fell out and she had broke her two hands and that now she can't do anything and her sister has to come everyday to cook and clean and everything and that it was our fault.

We came down to her flat to pay her a visit and the lady was supernice with us: it is not your fault at all, the problem was the light. She told us she always left her door open to have some light to come down, but this once she forgot. She managed to get to her floor safely, but she somehow got disoriented and instead of walking towards her door, she walked the opposite direction and felt down the following flight. She has only 3 fingers broken, two of her right hand and the left thumb. She was very positive, and told us she was happy she didn't break anything bad like her hips or something, and that she was not in pain, and that we shouldn't worry. That maybe she would sue the neighbourhood association, but that's all. But then her two sons came and were pretty rude to us about this so we left. Of course we offered ourselves to help her with anyhing she would need, but her sons made it clear they don't want us around and that she won't be taking care of the cat again.

Things that piss me off: aside that we're being blamed, one of her sons lives with her. He needs a crutch to walk, but he could perfectly do the cleaning and the cooking, so the sister wouldn't need to do it, but he says he doesn't know how to do those things (!). So they're blaming us about the old lady coming to take care of Cuxo, but he doesn't feel like he can do anything at home. The problem for him is that her mother shouldn't be doing us any favor. Ok, right. Then the other thing is, her other son is an electrician. She had asked him to repair the light because the association was doing nothing about it and someone could fell off, but he said no because it was our landing and not hers and he didn't matter what could happen to us. I guess he's feeling pretty guilty now about that, maybe that's why he was so angry at us and told us her mother "should sue someone about this".

Aside this, yesterday, early in the morning, there was an explosion and the following fire in an illegal warehouse containing toxic products, and a big toxic cloud has been near the city for 24 hours and we've been asked to stay at our homes and keep windows closed. The heat has been unbearable.

So, the awful return has somewhat tinged our trip and we're feeling a bit low.

• Like 4

These are such horrible circumstances to come back to. It's a shame people see an opportunity for money as soon as anyone gets injured - I am sure the lady's son could have done a lot of the work but if the daughter has to come and do it that means more inconvenience therefore more money if they do press ahead with the law suit. How depressing that instead of being decent people, acknowledging it was an accident and focusing on their mom's recovery they are looking at opportunities to make money. I hope this all blows over soon and your neighbour recovers swiftly. It wasn't your fault though, as you know. 

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

7 minutes ago, deftona said:

I am sure the lady's son could have done a lot of the work but if the daughter has to come and do it that means more inconvenience

I maybe explained myself wrong talking about "the sister": the one who's coming to help is not the sister of the son that lives with her, is her own sister, who by the way is 83 years old. This guy has a lot of nerve making someone so old do the job while he stares at the tv.

• Like 1

Those photos are gorgeous! I was going to say welcome back but :/ At the very least I'm glad the lady's injuries aren't as bad as you were led to believe and that she at least is being sensible about it. But it's pretty shitty that her family are apparently terrible people. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hi there *waves from own trip still* :)

Sorry about the horrible homecoming. Let's see her sue the neighborhood association and it hopefully even getting some repairs done for you. Glad the lady herself is recovering. Don't waste too much energy on her sons, they don't seem to be worth a minute of it.

On other things: what a gorgeous trip you had!!! And I love the challenge format you chose. Won't have one myself this round as we only come home by September 8th but will pop by from time to time to hear all about your daily goodies :) Go get Asterikur!!

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Hello! I'm catching up after a vacation of my own. Yours sounds so idyllic, and I'm so sorry that you came home to such ugliness.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Week 1 recap.

Well, I'd say it was a good week regarding my 2 goals, having spent literally 24h outside everyday for 4 days :) and using my awake hours to hike, mostly uphill... So A and A.

I've decided to start my 100 days challenge tomorrow (so thrilling!). I have organized tasks in two ways: by an estimation of when during the day I'll do the tasks, and by linking two or more tasks together so I go from one to another without much thinking (to avoid laziness and procrastination). So, I'll try to meditate the moment I get up, and I'll use my breakfast time to chose the quote for the day, take my supplements and read (instead of checking the news or e-mail). I'll link cleaning/decluttering with practicing upside down moves, because my muscles will be warm from the previous task. I'll write on my journal after dinner, when I usually don't have energy to do anything, and kegel and jaw/Feldenkrais come when getting into bed.

And because I've been missing funny gifs:

giphy.gif

By the way, don't you find that pandas usually act as if they were drunk? I mean:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Yay, 100 day challenge! You're going to be awesome. 

(Also those drunk pandas are adorable~~~)

• Like 1

Day 1 went extremely well. By noon most of my tasks were done. The quote to start the challenge was the one in the title of the thread. Made it to the final chapters of the anxiety workbook and found a very interesting one on ACT, which seems to match very well the work I'm doing with headspace meditations. So I ordered a book about it to know a bit more, because traditional cognitive behavioural therapy doesn't seem to help me with negative/distorted thinking while the meditation techniques do.

Day 2. Quote of the day: commitment is the glue that bonds you to your goals. I did all the things on my list, and also went for a short walk in the city and attended self-defense class. It was fun as always and also learnt a lot. This last month we were only 2 attending the class so it has been like receiving private lessons.

• Like 3