Greetings, Runner 5! Grab a seat, have a meal, take a load off! No zoms here!

zombiesrun.jpg

Welcome to the support group for all Runners 5. There are a lot of us, and a lot of first time challengers doing Zombies 5k. 

So let's support each other. Ask each other questions -- Maybe about that W2D2 glitch? 

All runners welcome here!! 

(Credit goes to Traxex for this introduction post)

• Like 2

Surviving the zombie apocalypse, one day at a time.

Current challenge: Ranger Five Leaves Abel!
Previous challenges: Ranger Five Ch 1, Ch 2

5k: 25:01

To kick off the discussion this month; turns out ZombieLink has a social tab, where we can keep tabs on other Runner 5s! My e-mail is jay_l_bailey@hotmail.com, username Salivanth. (My normal internet handle) 

ZR.png

Anyone else want to jump in? I'm not sure how yet, but ZombieLink only shares public runs, so you can presumably make some runs private if you like.

• Like 3

Hello fellow Runner 5s!

One of my current 4 week challenge goals is to do 12 ZR5K runs so this group is perfect! Unfortunately I won't be running today as I mistakenly left the pram in the boot of hubby's car. So today will be a NF Beginner BW Workout instead - One of my other goals is to complete 8 of them. 

I am MissLish (aliciazoeb@gmail.com) if you'd like to add me over there, I didn't know about the social side so thanks!

MissLish - Ranger
Current challenge here

I just did the first ZR5K mission and I'm pleased with my results. By adding the intervals in I gained an additional km to my usual go on the treadmill and I feel pretty good, very unfit, but pretty good ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I just did the first ZR5K mission and I'm pleased with my results. By adding the intervals in I gained an additional km to my usual go on the treadmill and I feel pretty good, very unfit, but pretty good ^_^

Congrats :) I just did that mission today as well, actually! The first week's missions are going to be good speedwork, methinks. Instead of walk/run, I did slow run/stride. Strides are like short sprints, but relaxed and not at max effort. It's essentially form practice for going fast. 

• Like 1

Congrats [emoji4] I just did that mission today as well, actually! The first week's missions are going to be good speedwork, methinks. Instead of walk/run, I did slow run/stride. Strides are like short sprints, but relaxed and not at max effort. It's essentially form practice for going fast. 

I was on the treadmill so I had access to pretty good stats- I was walking at 6.5km/hr (just before a jog) and for the intervals increased to 9km/hr (a fast jog not an all out sprint) I was a bit tired by the end of the 'free run' 10mins at the end for which I'd continued the intervals, so I walked the rest at 6.5, I look forward to being fit enough to properly run, and to improve enough to run without pain. At the moment I expect it's an even split between being unfit and actually not knowing how to run.

1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

I was on the treadmill so I had access to pretty good stats- I was walking at 6.5km/hr (just before a jog) and for the intervals increased to 9km/hr (a fast jog not an all out sprint) I was a bit tired by the end of the 'free run' 10mins at the end for which I'd continued the intervals, so I walked the rest at 6.5, I look forward to being fit enough to properly run, and to improve enough to run without pain. At the moment I expect it's an even split between being unfit and actually not knowing how to run.

It's a fantastic feeling when you get there. I still remember the first run I ran all the way through. It was only about 2 km, but I doubt I'll ever forget it.

I started ZombiesRun 5K this week. I just did Day 2 this morning. I'm walking/running fast on the short intervals, and then jogging for most of the 10 minutes free-form at the end. I haven't been able to do the full 10 minutes as jogging yet. Today I ran 3 minutes, walked 2, changed my shoes, and ran the last 5 minutes non-stop. My slow run ranged between 10 and 12 minutes per mile, my sprints 7 -8 mpm.

I'm signed up for a 5K on September 17th. I may do it walk-run, because the original plan involved training in July, so I'm about 6 weeks behind where I wanted to be. But if I can average better than 12 minute miles, I'll be very, very happy. I'd like to do a 5K with 10 minute miles by the end of the year.

• Like 1

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

I was hoping to get out for a run today but my pram is trapped in hubby's car boot. The locking mechanism has jammed/broken and we can't get it open. Probably a blessing in disguise as I've had super sore knees since my last run a week ago. Today I had DOMS from yesterday's Beginner BW Workout which was unusual but possibly due to the fact I managed REAL pushups for the slow time

• Like 2

MissLish - Ranger
Current challenge here

Just now, MissLish said:

I was hoping to get out for a run today but my pram is trapped in hubby's car boot. The locking mechanism has jammed/broken and we can't get it open. Probably a blessing in disguise as I've had super sore knees since my last run a week ago. Today I had DOMS from yesterday's Beginner BW Workout which was unusual but possibly due to the fact I managed REAL pushups for the slow time

Great feeling to get up to full push-ups! 

Great feeling to get up to full push-ups! 

Sure is! Completed another workout today, still no pram. The boot lock mechanism is broken so we can't open it until it's fixed. Crossing fingers it'll be fixed by the end of the weekend otherwise I'll be dropping Zombies Run as my primary challenge goal :(

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MissLish - Ranger
Current challenge here

Just started week 3 today. I ended up doing a total of 2.9 miles in 45 minutes with a workout that included my warmup and a bunch on knee lifts, so I'm feeling very good about being able to do a 5K in under 40 minutes, maybe even under 35. I think I need to plot of a 3 mile course, and spend a day working on pacing to see what I can actually do. Maybe Friday or Saturday.

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

I've been a bit slack with checking in this week but I've done two runs! I started Week 3 today too, but was nowhere near as impressive as @fiddle-on due to waking up with a head cold and my temporary pram forcing me to run a lot slower than usual. Still made progress though, I managed to run the entire 5 minute free form at the start. Slowly but surely :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MissLish - Ranger
Current challenge here

I ended up doing zombies run for an hour and a half yesterday morning. I had my mission set for an hour but the app kept stopping on me and I had to restart. i actually ran a little bit and for that I felt really strong. :) I made sure I warmed up good and did some tai chi and yoga when I got home to stretch out and I only have just a little soreness around my lower legs this morning.

Challenge 1 (November 2-December 14, 2015)

2015 Weight Loss Goal

30%
30%

prize yourself

1 hour ago, GbG said:

I ended up doing zombies run for an hour and a half yesterday morning. I had my mission set for an hour but the app kept stopping on me and I had to restart. i actually ran a little bit and for that I felt really strong. :) I made sure I warmed up good and did some tai chi and yoga when I got home to stretch out and I only have just a little soreness around my lower legs this morning.

Not sure why the app was stopping on you...it works just fine for me on 40-minute runs, I see no reason why that would change for longer ones.

I can't believe it's taken me so long to get round to checking up on this thread! Sorry all. How's all the running going?

I'm getting a little quicker on my 5.5km runs. I can't get my app to do a 5k; I think because adverts push it up, music, that sort of thing but the mission never ends at 5k. Anyone else found that? I'm planning two more 5.5k weeks to make sure my body is fully up for it after my holiday and shaky start to the challenge, but then I want to go to a 6k twice a week. Here's hoping I can manage it.

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

I've noticed the same thing, yeah. My missions always go a little longer than the time they're supposed to. As you said, it's a combination of the advert at the start, and if you're near the end of a song, the app will finish the song before it starts the next story segment. I try and give .5-1 km of extra distance for a mission.