• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Alethea

Alethea's Challenge

I think this challenge ended for me several days ago. Today I ate healthily, did a wee bit of stretching, and had coffee with my mum.

SO! End result:

B Strength: 2 weeks out of 4, I did 2-3 sessions. 1 week I did 1 session. 1 week called on account of injury.

B+ Yoga: 18 hours in 28 days, which works out to like 40 minutes a day. I'd give myself an A on this, but I kinda fell apart toward the end.

C Nutrition: Every day I did well, except for 1 or 2 things. Too many indulgences for my satisfaction, but not terrible.

C Life goal: Finances. I found a program to track my finances and make goals, but I didn't really use it as often as I planned. I did a fair amount of work into finding a bank and investing my monies, but then decided investments wern't a good idea right now, due to some life stuff that might be coming up here.

I get a C+ for effort. I was up against some impressive obstacles such as not having a kitchen for the better part of 2 weeks and not having my right foot at all, as well as a hefty portion of depression and Life Stuff. I didn't give it my all, which I consider to be an A, I didn't at least follow my goals for the majority of the time, which I think is a B, but I didn't give up, I went above and beyond several times, and I am better for doing this challenge. I also discovered I have a tendancy toward hiding from my problems through directionless busy work, and am on the way to resolving a few things that should have been resolved long ago. C+.

Edit: Also, starting weight 138, ending weight, 135. Possibly muscle loss contributed, but I'll take what I can get!

I'm with DaveInBris--I think if I were in your shoes (or cast, as the case may be), I probably would've taken the opportunity to totally slack off. And you didn't. So congrats. Any update on when the cast might come back off?

I continue to be impressed with your pushing forward with your yoga, which is always significantly more challenging than most people (those who haven't tried it, usually) give it credit for.

I hope all the life stuff works out for the best! That pesky life, always mucking up our fitness-related goals. :P

Prefect: I know, eh? No consideration, that Life. It's rude, really. In theory I'm Free in 1 week, but I'm worried that I still feel pain when I stand on my cast too long (like cooking dinner tonight). I've never fractured my foot before, so dunno...

Okay, I just pretended that I'm not me, and reread my whole thread. Why am I so much harder on myself than I am on other people? Not nice, my dear, and not fair at all. I agree with Critical Me that I got a C+ in terms of my actual output, but Actual Me knows to look at the bigger picture. Can I appeal my grade?

Strength: I sucked the last week because of INJURY. Doesn't count. so, 2 weeks rocked, 1 week was okay, B+

Yoga: My goal was 30 minutes a day. I did an average of 40 minutes. And all without MY FEET. A.

Nutrition: C+. The indulgences are something I need to work on. I was only BAD one day, but every single day, I rewarded or consoled myself through food. This is something I need to stop.

Finances: Still C. The investments ultimately aren't right for me right now due to some decisions I made this challenge, but I didn't even keep up with my budgeting. Tsk tsk.

I lost 3 lbs without doing more than 40 minutes of light activity a day.

Final Mark: B. A solid effort.

Personally, given the obstacles that were thown in your way and the way you overcame them when they did, I'd be giving you a higher score for effort!

I'm with this guy. you can only work with what you've got, and you totally rocked it :)

I'm with DaveInBris--I think if I were in your shoes (or cast, as the case may be), I probably would've taken the opportunity to totally slack off. And you didn't. So congrats. Any update on when the cast might come back off?

I continue to be impressed with your pushing forward with your yoga, which is always significantly more challenging than most people (those who haven't tried it, usually) give it credit for.

I hope all the life stuff works out for the best! That pesky life, always mucking up our fitness-related goals. :P

me too. you found ways to workaround the challenge, and i think you won.

great job! :)

Thanks, guys. My last week kinda tapered off, which is why I'm giving myself a B. I want to be fair, but realistic, so that when I really excel and give myself A+++, you'll know I mean it. :P

So, update! Saw my doctor today. Results:

1. I have osteopoenia. i.e., stage 1 osteoperosis. So thats why my bone isn't healing. My bones suck.

2. I'm going to be in my cast for another month, making it 4 months since the original injury and 2 months in a cast. Ladies, take your calcium pills. On the plus side, my shoulder strength is getting rediculous because of the crutches. I'm almost at the stage of taking leisurely jaunts around the neighborhood.

3. Some wonderful person has invented a drug that can actually reverse osteopoenia, if the afflicted catches it at a young enough age. So, thank you foot. If you didn't break, I'd die of a broken hip at age 60.

Guess my next challenge will be.... yoga! Oh, sitting poses, I will rock you so hard.

Way to go! And good job on supporting your friend through candy eating! When I quit smoking, I could have used more moral support. I'm sure she appreciated it.

I second the pigeon poses. They are awesometastic.

alr

Sign in to follow this