• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hyrulian Yogi

[Hyrulian Yogi] Hogwarts School of Weights and Fitness

44 posts in this topic

tumblr_o1734lC73d1tquo9vo2_500.png

Main Quest: Pass my Transfiguration class with an Outstanding mark. (Drop body fat% and show off some toned muscles, possible because of my newbie gainzzz???, also maybe become an Animagus because why not.)

Quest 1Transfiguration 101: Lift weights 3-4 times and do 1-2 yoga sessions, per week.

Quest 2Don't disappoint Oliver Wood by falling off my broom: Work that core everyday to have perfect balance during Quidditch. (will follow Neila Rey's Core Challenge for 30 days, then the 5 minutes plank challenge for the remaining days of the challenge.)

Quest 3Help out with S.P.E.W.: Only one meal will be eaten in the Great Hall per week, the rest of the food has to be cooked by myself to help the house elves and we all know they don't like processed stuff. (No takeouts, as few processed food as possible. Only one meal allowed per week to be bought or at a restaurant, and it has to be enjoyed and a wonderful experience to make it worth it. Butterbeer totally counts.)

Life QuestDo your homework and don't slack: Create my routine in the morning; Meditation.Writing ~500 words while drinking my cup of tea and breakfast.  

I'm really looking forward to getting stronger alongside you guys! Who else is a Potterhead around here? :P

7 people like this

20 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Hogwarts! If only it was real... :P Good luck in your studies! 

What do you mean? It's not reaaaaaaaaal?! *cries in the fetal position* Thank you for the support, it's appreciated :D

19 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Following because Hogwarts! (Obviously, my house is Hufflepuff.) 

Yayyyyyy! I'm also a Hufflepuff so I already adore you! 

1 person likes this

Day 1:

Quest 1  Transfiguration 101: Lift weights 3-4 times and do 1-2 yoga sessions, per week.

I tried waking up at 6:15am but as I was waking up, some guy was yelling nonsense outside my window. I got scared and went back to sleep. Gym session will have to be after work today!

Quest 2  Don't disappoint Oliver Wood by falling off my broom: Work that core everyday to have perfect balance during Quidditch. (will follow Neila Rey's Core Challenge for 30 days, then the 5 minutes plank challenge for the remaining days of the challenge.)

It's doooooooone. 

Day 1 of the Core Challenge is: 6 push-ups, 15 second plank and 10 plank reaches. I couldn't help but take a look at the next few days and... yeah... scary... :blink:

Quest 3  Help out with S.P.E.W.: Only one meal will be eaten in the Great Hall per week, the rest of the food has to be cooked by myself to help the house elves and we all know they don't like processed stuff. (No takeouts, as few processed food as possible. Only one meal allowed per week to be bought or at a restaurant, and it has to be enjoyed and a wonderful experience to make it worth it. Butterbeer totally counts.)

About to enjoy my first meal of the day: avo toast with hummus and sriracha. Yummmmmm.

Life Quest  Do your homework and don't slack: Create my routine in the morning; Meditation.Writing ~500 words while drinking my cup of tea and breakfast.  

Netflix is currently the opened page on my computer... Gah.

Day 1 as of now is 25% successful. 

1 person likes this

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 7:55 PM, Hyrulian Yogi said:

also maybe become an Animagus because why not.)

Why not indeed!? :D 

I have a soft spot for Snape, so I'd probably be in Slytherin, just keeping myself to myself and shunned by the thugs.

A Harry Potter themed challenge! Cool! :D Have you read the new book yet? Good luck with your challenge! By the way you should try your writing on paper so you won't be tempted to turn on Netflix. :P 

AH I'm rereading The Goblet of Fire right now so the SPEW reference makes me sooo happy!  Glad you came back to us after a year away! I'm excited to see how your challenge progresses.  You've got a lot going on for a first challenge so be careful to not burn out!

On 8/22/2016 at 8:46 AM, Vibrantella said:

Why not indeed!? :D 

I have a soft spot for Snape, so I'd probably be in Slytherin, just keeping myself to myself and shunned by the thugs.

Although I'm a Hufflepuff, I'm dating a Slytherin and definitely have some of the house traits myself. :P It's a lovely house that is seen as so much worse than it actually is. Go Slytherin. ;) 

23 hours ago, six1 said:

A Harry Potter themed challenge! Cool! :D Have you read the new book yet? Good luck with your challenge! By the way you should try your writing on paper so you won't be tempted to turn on Netflix. :P 

I haven't read the new book yet! I challenged myself to not buy any new books until I've finished reading the 94 unread books lying on my bookshelves... yes, 94... 

Ohhhhh I really love that trick! I will try writing on paper, far far away from my computer. :P 

20 hours ago, Raxie said:

AH I'm rereading The Goblet of Fire right now so the SPEW reference makes me sooo happy!  Glad you came back to us after a year away! I'm excited to see how your challenge progresses.  You've got a lot going on for a first challenge so be careful to not burn out!

OMG YES I LOVE GOF. Thank you for the welcoming vibe. :) I think you've very right though and I will definitely change some of my goals to make it more attainable. Although I'm a perfectionist, I don't want to burn myself out either haha. 

3 people like this

Day 1:

Quest 1  Transfiguration 101: Lift weights 3-4 times and do 1-2 yoga sessions, per week. (1/1)

Legs day felt soooooo good. I had a horrible work day and left early because I wanted to cry. My Boss was yelling and had a tantrum. I'm a sensitive little Hufflepuff and couldn't handle it that day, so I lifted some heavy stuff and it really helped me focus back to more positive things. 

Sumo Deadlifts: 5 x 75lbs (5 sets)

Deadlifts: 5 x 75lbs (5 sets)

Walking Lunges: 10 x 30lbs (3 sets)

Power Clean: 10 x 30lbs (30 sets)

Front Squat: 5 x 45lbs (3 sets)

Bulgarian Split Squats: 3 x 20 lbs (3 sets)

Quest 2  Don't disappoint Oliver Wood by falling off my broom: Work that core everyday to have perfect balance during Quidditch. (will follow Neila Rey's Core Challenge for 30 days, then the 5 minutes plank challenge for the remaining days of the challenge.) (1/1)

Quest 3  Help out with S.P.E.W.: Only one meal will be eaten in the Great Hall per week, the rest of the food has to be cooked by myself to help the house elves and we all know they don't like processed stuff. (No takeouts, as few processed food as possible. Only one meal allowed per week to be bought or at a restaurant, and it has to be enjoyed and a wonderful experience to make it worth it. Butterbeer totally counts.) (0.5/1)

Meal 1: Avo toast with hummus, sriracha. 

Meal 2: Pasta with Yves Veggie ground spaghetti sauce. Lots of veggies. 

Snack: Protein bar made of dates and almonds. 

Meal 3: Leftover veggie fried rice with two poached eggs. 

Snack: A strong stout beer.......... sorry Dumbledore.

Life Quest  Do your homework and don't slack: Create my routine in the morning; Meditation.Writing ~500 words while drinking my cup of tea and breakfast.  (0/1)

--------

So... I've taken on a little too much. For my life quest, I will dial back to meditation daily. That's what I want to focus more on anyway. :) 

------

Day 2: 

Quest 1 – Transfiguration 101: Lift weights 3-4 times and do 1-2 yoga sessions, per week.

Today is yoga day. If it's not done by lunch, I will put an alarm clock on my phone to remind me to get on my yoga mat after work. I will focus on strengthening the lower back and stretching my hammies. :P 

Quest 2  Don't disappoint Oliver Wood by falling off my broom: Work that core everyday to have perfect balance during Quidditch. (will follow Darebee's Core Challenge for 30 days, then the 5 minutes plank challenge for the remaining days of the challenge.)

10 push-ups

15 second plank 

12 plank reaches 

Do-ne! 

Quest 3  Help out with S.P.E.W.: Only one meal will be eaten in the Great Hall per week, the rest of the food has to be cooked by myself to help the house elves and we all know they don't like processed stuff. (No takeouts, as few processed food as possible. Only one meal allowed per week to be bought or at a restaurant, and it has to be enjoyed and a wonderful experience to make it worth it. Butterbeer totally counts.)

Meal 1: 2 avo toast with flax seeds and sriracha. 

Snack: Soy latte + a delicious french croissant........................ gah

Life Quest – Do your homework and don't slack: Create my routine in the morning; Meditation daily. 

On my way to a little 5 mins meditation before I start editing for the day. :)

Have a beautiful day my fellow Potterheads! <3

2 people like this

Week 1 Day 3: 

Impromptu birthday night for one of my colleagues. I'm new at work so I thought I'd go out with them to build friendships plus I really felt like going dancing. But yeah, we closed the bar at 3am and my legs were not only sore but I was beyond exhausted. Oopsi.

It just so happened that I also had an impromptu double-shift as both my jobs called me in to work. I barely survived that day haha. Didn't even get my core challenge done. Yikes. Dumbledore will definitely scold me or send me into the Forbidden Forest. Not sure which one is more dangerous. 

Week 1 Day 4:

Slept in a little, felt like a badass witch, so I did day 3 and 4 of the Core Challenge. 

Plank:`75 seconds (burn baby burn)

Push-ups: 12

Plank reaches: 24

I have two articles to write for Saturday. I've been procrastinating a lot so I might have to pull a little all-nighter tonight, finish rewatching one of the films and scribble on parchment next to the window all night. 

Yesterday I ate at the restaurant since I didn't have time to cook anything. It was a grilled veggie sandwiches and I switched for sweet potato fries instead of the regular ones. I'm so sorry elves. I've been doing horrible with this part of the challenge too. 

tumblr_o4w0mfmtnz1ru83j3o7_r1_250.gif

Training: 1­/3-4

Yoga: 0/2

Core Challenge: 4/7

Takeouts: 2 (gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah)

Meditation: 1/7 (could be better, could be much better haha)

1 person likes this

It's only week one, and some set backs are to be expected. Especially when you work two double-shifts on no sleep! I think Dumbledore will understand. He has high standards, but he's fair.

Dancing, Nice!  that's well worth an "opps"  that kind of stuff is just down right good for the soul.

You are rocking this challenge I must say.  Keep it up, your only going to get better.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Bookish Badger said:

It's only week one, and some set backs are to be expected. Especially when you work two double-shifts on no sleep! I think Dumbledore will understand. He has high standards, but he's fair.

You are very right! Thank you, that actually makes me feel a little bit better. :)

36 minutes ago, Butternut said:

Dancing, Nice!  that's well worth an "opps"  that kind of stuff is just down right good for the soul.

You are rocking this challenge I must say.  Keep it up, your only going to get better.

Yessss, dancing was so fun! It had been a while since I went out. I go to pubs quite often with my friends but we don't dance there. :P 

Thank you so much, I appreciate the good vibes so much! 

Week 1 Day 5: 

IT'S FRIDAY. WOOT WOOT. Today is involving another double-shift again but I still got my Core Challenge in. Yay! 

14 push-ups ; 15 second plank ; 16 plank reaches 

I had planned to go to the gym as it opened at 6:30am but I found myself tossing and turning last night (I think it's because I ate dinner right before going to sleep) and skipped my gym alarm. Can I fit two gym sessions and two yoga sessions in one weekend? 

Mmmmh. We'll see what my energy levels are. :P 

Training: 1­/3-4
Core Challenge: 5/7 (at least Oliver Wood is proud of me haha)
Takeouts: 2 
Meditation: 2/7

tumblr_occ7rsqlsK1qfu07yo7_500.jpg

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Phoenix91 said:

Here for Hogwarts!  As a proud slytherin i wish you luck in your challenge!

Hurray for Hogwarts! Welcome welcome my Slytherin friend and all the best for your challenge as well. :) 

Week 1 Day 6:

tumblr_obkpncD3iK1vb3hwuo3_500.gif

Got in my Core Challenge today as well. Man my chest is feeling the push-ups but it feels so great to be consistent with it! :) 

I got a leg day session as soon as I woke up. Probably not the best idea to get to the gym for some lifts with just a tiny protein bar in my system but I think I still did good:

Warm-up: (2x)

Squat: 5 x 45lbs 

Straight Leg Deadlift: 10 x 45lbs

Overhead Press: 5 x 45lbs (I'm so weak I can barely finish the last rep of those haha)

Squat: 

10 x 55lbs

10 x 65lbs

7 x 75lbs

5 x 80lbs

Straight Leg Deadlift:

8 x 65lbs (2x)

5 x 85lbs (2x)

Assisted Pull-Up:

10 x 90lbs

10 x 80lbs

7 x 80lbs

5 x 80lbs 

Bent-Over Barbell Row:

10 x 40lbs (2x)

10 x 50lbs (2x

After I exited the gym, I made my way to where coffee calls my name. The line-up was insane. The smell of freshly baked croissant and baguettes made me lose my mind and as I ordered a small soy latte, my mouth also muttered: un croissant, s'il-vous-plaît. And off I was to the park where I claimed a gym for Team Instinct and ate this greasy slightly undercooked croissant. At least my Pokémon game was strong. I'm gonna go for a short meditation as soon as I log off and then I'm spending the day with my other fellow Potterhead friend. Lots of walking, more coffee and most probably beers are in sight. 

Have a beautiful Saturday my cuties!

Training: 2­/3-4
Core Challenge: 6/7 
Takeouts: 2.5
Meditation: 3/7

You made it through your first week! Curse those tempting baked goods! It's even worse when they disappoint. That's ok. Just spend a little time tomorrow thinking about what things didn't go ideally, identify the source of the derailments, make a plan to deal with them more successfully next time. Then go forth with your recalibrated strategy!

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

You made it through your first week! Curse those tempting baked goods! It's even worse when they disappoint. That's ok. Just spend a little time tomorrow thinking about what things didn't go ideally, identify the source of the derailments, make a plan to deal with them more successfully next time. Then go forth with your recalibrated strategy!

Thank you so much for your kind words. You are absolutely right. :) I'm definitely gonna tweak some things for week 2 and onward. All the best vibes sent to you my friend! 

Week 1 Day 7:

Woke up at 8h30 because my friend wanted us to go to a free Lululemon yoga class together. I literally only had time to pick some clothes, eat a banana, tie my hair and head out. I walked to the local Lululemon and was expecting a class I wouldn't enjoy, that would probably go too fast and favour ''toning'' rather than relaxation and opening-up. I was honestly plesantly surprised. We even meditated on compassion. It was lovely. 

I'm about to go do my Core Challenge for the day which is 20 push-ups, 20 second plank and 20 plank reaches. 

Tomorrow morning I will write down some tweaks for my challenge, as well as my reward system. I am sending you all tons of positive vibes for the day. 

P.S. I was sorted into Thunderbird apparently. I don't know what to feel, haha. 

Training: 2­/3-4 ; A - Acceptable
Yoga: 1/2 ; A - Acceptable
Core Challenge: 7/7 ; O - Outstanding
Takeouts: 3 ; P - Poor
Meditation: 4/7 ; A - Acceptable

tumblr_obex1rGaRJ1tso6neo7_250.gif

2 people like this

Well hi people, I have disappeared and I apologize for that. Week 2 has been going okay so far, but I'm more focused than ever as of this morning and I will tweak a few things. 

First, before I talk about anything else. Welcome to every witch and wizard to Hogwarts. 

tumblr_nu1y6z1WeT1thu2vbo2_500.gif

Quest 1 – Transfiguration 101: Lift weights 3-4 times and do 1-2 yoga sessions, per week.

Instead of being all Trelawney like, in this case being vague, I will settle for 3 strength sessions and two yoga sessions. No backing down from this. Two legs day, one upper body. One in-studio yoga session and one at-home. 

Quest 2 – Don't disappoint Oliver Wood by falling off my broom: Work that core everyday to have perfect balance during Quidditch. (will follow Darebee's Core Challenge for 30 days, then the 5 minutes plank challenge for the remaining days of the challenge.)

This is going well so I will keep up with the Core Challenge.

Quest 3 – Help out with S.P.E.W.: Only one meal will be eaten in the Great Hall per week, the rest of the food has to be cooked by myself to help the house elves and we all know they don't like processed stuff. (No takeouts, as few processed food as possible. Only one meal allowed per week to be bought or at a restaurant, and it has to be enjoyed and a wonderful experience to make it worth it. Butterbeer totally counts.)

As difficult as this is, I will try my best to keep it up. Only one takeout per week. I haven't done well at all with this but I will kick my own butt to improve on this. Mostly by being more pro-active, cooking more at home and also by trying to not be lazy and wash the dishes right after I'm done eating. It helps to cook at home when you actually have tools to use to do so... ya know... 

Life Quest – Do your homework and don't slack: Create my routine in the morning; Meditation daily. 

I wanted to improve on this so bad, but to do so, I will have to start from the basics, which is waking up earlier. I always sleep in, which doesn't allow for any meditation time. I'm starting to wake-up at 6h45 right now and every 3 days I will cut down 15 minutes to slowly get to 5h30. 

;

On this note, as of this week I haven't been doing well. I went out Monday night and came home at 4am. (not expected) I only did one day of Core Challenge but I'm hoping to get two in tonight during my upper body session. Plus I went for brunch yesterday and had some takeout at work + 2$ chow mein the night that I went out. (What's better drunk food than peanut butter chow mein? Literally nothing.)

Training: 1/3
Core Challenge: 1/7
Takeouts: 3
Waking up earlier to build a morning routine: 1/7

tumblr_ocri1tf7uM1ts6x3uo8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_ocri1tf7uM1ts6x3uo7_r1_250.gif

2 people like this

Ahhh, another year at Hogwarts! I can't wait to unpack my trunk and get my desk set up with my new quills and parchment...*sigh*

Good for you on identifying your stumbling blocks and taking action where necessary. I'm becoming more and more convinced that these challenges are just big experiments where we can find ways to trick ourselves into doing what we want to do in the first place.

2 people like this

21 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Ahhh, another year at Hogwarts! I can't wait to unpack my trunk and get my desk set up with my new quills and parchment...*sigh*

Good for you on identifying your stumbling blocks and taking action where necessary. I'm becoming more and more convinced that these challenges are just big experiments where we can find ways to trick ourselves into doing what we want to do in the first place.

Gah, my feels exactly. Every year I'm trying to turn myself into Hagrid to heal those precious magical creatures... but it never seems to work... 

You are SO right about this. I think we all have this ideal and we slowly build our way there realistically through those challenges. :) Thank you for the good vibes as always! 

Week 2 Day 4: 

There were no takeouts and I woke up on time, but... other than that, doing my laundry and some cleaning took all my energy and I didn't go to the gym. :crushed: But hey the weather is all fall-like and my heart is content and I had the best sleep I've had in weeks. I even had some nice whimsical dreams which hadn't happened in months so this is a victory in itself!

Week 2 Day 5:

Woke up on time and had such great sleep! The air is crisp and I can wear a cute jean jacket and not overheat. Yayyyy. :P Anyway, breakfast has been on-point. Lunch is in the fridge but I'm pulling a double-shift and... only brought two tiny protein bars and I know that won't be enough. I'm praying the restaurant has a vegetarian soup tonight but they never do. Or almost never. Twice they made this AMAZING lentil soup and then last time they ruined it by adding cream to it... Argh lactose intolerance. ANYWAY. 

I did day 9 of the Core Challenge and will do day 10 a bit later. I'll try to squeeze in day 11 when I come home from work. I might die. We'll see. I'll for sure listen to my body and not push myself too crazily! 

So, I hope you all have a splendid Friday my cute little wizards! 

Training: 1/3
Core Challenge: 2/7
Takeouts: 3
Waking up earlier to build a morning routine: 3/7

tumblr_octx0woXzA1ttevomo8_250.gif

If you're up for some batch cooking, and have access to a microwave at lunch, lentil soup is really easy to make. I like to freeze soup in containers, which prevents spilling and serves as a cold pack in my lunch tote so there's more room for other goodies.

By the time you're ready for lunch it'll be just starting to thaw around the edges; just zap for a few minutes and you're set!

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

If you're up for some batch cooking, and have access to a microwave at lunch, lentil soup is really easy to make. I like to freeze soup in containers, which prevents spilling and serves as a cold pack in my lunch tote so there's more room for other goodies.

By the time you're ready for lunch it'll be just starting to thaw around the edges; just zap for a few minutes and you're set!

I love that idea! :) Plus lentil soup is super cheap to make. I'm definitely gonna put that on my list. You rock, thank you! 

1 person likes this

Week 2 Report: 

tumblr_octs88Rlkx1sghygwo2_500.gif

Training: 2/3 - A (Acceptable)
Yoga: 1/2 - A (Acceptable)
Core Challenge: 5/7 - A (Acceptable)
Takeouts: 3 - P (Poor)
Waking up earlier to build a morning routine: 4/7 - A (Acceptable)

Still got more impromptu ''let's go out and driiiiiiiink'' after work nights, which made me wake up later than I would have liked. All in all, not the best week, not the worst. I just need to keep on going, week 3 will be going great I can feel it. May I say that the Core Challenge is challengiiiiiiiiiing? Man my abs are always burning haha.

Week 3 Day 1:

Just finished the yummiest almond milk latte ever and did two little yoga videos, making it a 35 minutes routine as a whole. It felt great. My lower back is killing me recently. Gah. Got in two days of the Core Challenge (day 13-14) since I skipped a day or two. Those plank reaches are pretty killer. :P 

Since it's labour day here in good ol' Canada, I had the day off. I... slept in. Blame it on the bf who slept over. I can't possibly wake up at 6:15 and trouble his sleep, right? Maybe I'm just looking for excuses to sleep more, haha. Tonight I'm going to my favourite vegan restaurant with my Mom and my Sister whom I haven't seen in quite a while so I'm exciiiiiiiiiiiited! 

Training: 0/3
Yoga: 1/2
Core Challenge: 1/7
Takeouts: 1 (since I will be eating at the restaurant tonight :) )
Waking up earlier to build a morning routine: 0/7

tumblr_oc8tylhxgY1vqlcmco2_500.gif

2 people like this