• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hyrulian Yogi

[Hyrulian Yogi] Hogwarts School of Weights and Fitness

44 posts in this topic

On September 1, 2016 at 0:47 PM, Bookish Badger said:

Good for you on identifying your stumbling blocks and taking action where necessary. I'm becoming more and more convinced that these challenges are just big experiments where we can find ways to trick ourselves into doing what we want to do in the first place.

Hear hear!! 

You seem to be rocking this challenge though. 

After work drinking is a hard one, drinking is part of our culture of how people socialize. 

I must ask, what's your animal that you brought to Hogwarts? 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Butternut said:

Hear hear!! 

You seem to be rocking this challenge though. 

After work drinking is a hard one, drinking is part of our culture of how people socialize. 

I must ask, what's your animal that you brought to Hogwarts? 

The job I work at night is in a restaurant as well so let me just go ahead and say that they party hard too... Most nights we end up going out, I get home close to 4am. It's fun, sure, but it doesn't help me build a functional routine. :P 

My animal is a fluffy ginger cat. :D How about you, friend? 

Thank you so much for the good vibes, I truly appreciate them! 

Week 3 Day 2:

tumblr_ocri1tf7uM1ts6x3uo4_250.gif

The day only started, but I got my cold brew in my belly so I'm happyyyyyyy. (Coffee addict right here)

On my way to my yoga mat to finish day 15 of the Core Challenge: 32 push-ups, 25 second plank & 32 plank reaches. I'm looking forward to the day, I think it will be a great one. I don't know, I guess feeling rested and spending time with my family lifted my spirits some more. :) 

Training: 0/3
Yoga: 1/2
Core Challenge: 2/7
Takeouts: 1 
Waking up earlier to build a morning routine: 1/7

I will update this post later today with my workout when I hit the gym. :D 

1 person likes this

Week 3 Day 3: 

tumblr_od3ezrmDVX1s6wq07o3_500.gif

Bf is leaving for France for 3 weeks, as much as I will have an easier time getting my morning routine in, I'm gonna miss that bearded weirdo. Ahlala. I still woke up at 6:30am today although he slept over, I did some meditation and would have done my yoga routine but the yoga mat was in the bedroom underneath a pile of stuff that I couldn't move without causing a sound storm... so I will have to get my Core Challenge and my yoga at work. If I have time. :ghost:

Instant mushroom coffee was consumed. I'm at work, getting some color editing done and already looking forward to sleeping tonight. But I have a lovely shift at the restaurant until 11pm as well so... that won't happen soon. :P 

My quads are a tad sore from my training yesterday SO YAY. 

Training: 1/3
Yoga: 1/2
Core Challenge: 3/7 
Takeouts: 1 
Waking up earlier to build a morning routine: 2/7

Have a beautiful day, don't forget to feed your owl!

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Hyrulian Yogi said:

Have a beautiful day, don't forget to feed your owl!

Oh God I nearly forgot, thanks for reminding me! Hogwarts is so busy at the start of the term, it's easy to forget to feed your pets. :P 

Maybe try some ice on your quads? Sometimes that helps. Anyway, you're on the right track, keep up the great work! :)  

14 hours ago, six1 said:

Hogwarts is so busy at the start of the term, it's easy to forget to feed your pets.

Owls must be more polite - or patient - than cats. Mine is convinced that starvation is eminent if he can see the bottom of the dish (never mind that it is more than half-full).

1 person likes this

Somehow I just read your post... I thought I was already following you, but I guess not! Fixed that!

Yay Hufflepuffs! Love the breakdown of your quests soooo much! I may have to change from my D&D story-mode to Hogwarts, we shall see :)

Good work on your goals!

On 9/8/2016 at 11:13 AM, Bookish Badger said:

Owls must be more polite - or patient - than cats. Mine is convinced that starvation is eminent if he can see the bottom of the dish (never mind that it is more than half-full).

My three cats are so food-crazy, there is no way I could forget to feed them! They circle me and meow incessantly in the morning until I feed them. I have to feed them in separate boxes so they all get their appropriate rations - one is fat, one is skinny, and one is just right! Oh, and no one tell Professor Sprout that I have three cats! I convinced two of my year-mates to tell her they each have a cat, so that I can keep them all at Hogwarts. I don't want to land in detention, so keep it on the DL!

On 9/7/2016 at 8:16 PM, six1 said:

Oh God I nearly forgot, thanks for reminding me! Hogwarts is so busy at the start of the term, it's easy to forget to feed your pets. :P 

Maybe try some ice on your quads? Sometimes that helps. Anyway, you're on the right track, keep up the great work! :)  

Phew, we just saved ourselves of a terrible terrible fate, haven't we? Owls can get so angry when we forget to feed them! 

It sounded like I was complaining about my soreness but it was more of a ''damn I killed my workout'' moment haha :P But thank you for the tip, if ever my DOMS get too crazy I will try the icing for sure!

On 9/8/2016 at 11:13 AM, Bookish Badger said:

Hahahaha aww cats! I think they deserve an award for ''most dramatic pet'', but they are so darn cute... 

On 9/10/2016 at 6:52 PM, Tziganette said:

Somehow I just read your post... I thought I was already following you, but I guess not! Fixed that!

Yay Hufflepuffs! Love the breakdown of your quests soooo much! I may have to change from my D&D story-mode to Hogwarts, we shall see :)

Good work on your goals!

My three cats are so food-crazy, there is no way I could forget to feed them! They circle me and meow incessantly in the morning until I feed them. I have to feed them in separate boxes so they all get their appropriate rations - one is fat, one is skinny, and one is just right! Oh, and no one tell Professor Sprout that I have three cats! I convinced two of my year-mates to tell her they each have a cat, so that I can keep them all at Hogwarts. I don't want to land in detention, so keep it on the DL!

Aw thank you for following me, I appreciate it a lot! :D 

D&D is fun, Hogwarts is also fun. I'll definitely you in both scenarios! 

And don't worry, Professor Sprout will never know! I'm sure she slips your cats catnip after dinner once in a while as they tend to get a little crazy. What a sweet lady, Miss Sprout. :P 

On 9/11/2016 at 3:35 PM, Bookish Badger said:

Yessssssssssss! I totally saw this and had to fight the urge to buy it. I relate to this a little too much. ^^' 

Week... Where are we again?

tumblr_odexn60J1x1s3ulybo8_250.gif

It seems like I have disappeared. Again. For a longer period of time. Oops. It was all because of awesome reasons but I still didn't get to write it on parchment and therefore deserve detention (but not with Filch, please)! 

I honestly do not know where we are at the moment in the challenge. I'm lost and will find my way promptly. So Saturday I ended up going to a tattoo convention and getting a tat I've wanted for a long time. 3 hours later, tattoo hangover hitting me and my left arm out of business, I've avoided the gym and the core challenge for obvious reasons. In about 3-4 days I should be able to do upper body stuff again. 

Until then... Abs? Pilates? 

This doesn't really excuse me ordering vegan pizza and fried pickles. (what is it with fried pickles that tickles my fancy so much, I honestly don't know)

And then I had dinner and beer with my friends. Chinese food while doing overtime at work. Um. Yeah. 

In other amazing news, Monday I teached my first yoga class and it was amazing. Although it was freezing in the morning, I got 5 students and 3 of them thanked me at the end of the class. It was the best feeling ever. I truly believe I'm meant to help people heal in my own little way. Can't wait for my class next Monday, hopefully I see some familiar faces again and some new ones. :) 

Anyway uh, I think my week 3 should look something like this? 

Training: 2/3 (got a session before the tattoo convention) - A (Acceptable)
Yoga: 1/2 - A (Acceptable)
Core Challenge: 4/7 - A (Acceptable)
Takeouts: 3 - P (Poor)
Waking up earlier to build a morning routine: 4/7 - A (Acceptable)

;

Week 4

tumblr_obs0k6RY451qgm5juo1_500.gif

Because of the tattoo, I won't be able to go to the gym before Thursday or Friday. It will depend on the healing process. I wrote down two workouts for this week and I will aim to them both this weekend. I'm aiming to do two yoga classes as well, the free Lululemon one and one outside in a park.

Takeouts have been bad already this week so I know I will bomb this goal. Gah. 

Core challenge will be possible as well only starting Thursday or Friday, so I'm aiming either for 4 or 3 day of the Challenge! 

Alright. Let's do it. Snape is yelling at me, I might have fallen asleep during his class... Oops.

Training: 0/2
Yoga: 0/2
Core Challenge: 0/4
Takeouts: 3 
Waking up earlier to build a morning routine: 1/7 (I slept in a little extra 30 mins this morning.)

Take my advice, don't ever tell Snape you have better listening with your eyes closed... 

2 people like this

On 9/11/2016 at 3:35 PM, Bookish Badger said:

Oh gosh as a Slytherpuff this makes me SO HAPPY. Thanks for sharing Badger!

I also got a tattoo last week! It is all over my back, and twinges a bit, but still able to workout. It's all line work, though, and those heal the fastest. Sounds like you got something pretty elaborate on your arm?

As for takeout bombing - just more motivation to not lose two in a row! (Or three or five or whatever)

1 hour ago, Tziganette said:

Oh gosh as a Slytherpuff this makes me SO HAPPY. Thanks for sharing Badger!

I also got a tattoo last week! It is all over my back, and twinges a bit, but still able to workout. It's all line work, though, and those heal the fastest. Sounds like you got something pretty elaborate on your arm?

As for takeout bombing - just more motivation to not lose two in a row! (Or three or five or whatever)

I'm a Slytherpuff too, whaaaaaat. Mostly Hufflepuff, but definitely Slytherin right after. :P Nice to meet you, friend!

Ouuuuuuuh what did you get?! I'm literally obsessed with this form of art. 

As for my tat, I got a portrait of Ganesha with tons of shading and white work. That. Hurt. Like. A. Dementor's. Kiss. I'm pretty chill when it comes to tattoo pain but the last hour was almost unbearable haha.

(Hello here's my face and a very blurry tattoo in the mirror)

14330088_1039386076159889_1699236676254776800_n.jpg

I'm working on a movie set tomorrow so I'm bringing some of the leftovers of the chinese takeout to make sure I can eat (damn lactose intolerance mixed with my vegetarian lifestyle, they never know how to feed me haha). I'll also make a pb sandwich with a banana and bring some fruits. There will most definitely be sugary treats like Tim Horton's Timbits (if you know what that is haha) and donuts on the set. 

BUT. I'm motivated to be super clean for the rest of the week after that. Lots of salads are in my future :D 

Phew that was a long message!

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Hyrulian Yogi said:

I'm a Slytherpuff too, whaaaaaat. Mostly Hufflepuff, but definitely Slytherin right after.

A Hufflytherin? B) 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Hyrulian Yogi said:

Phew, we just saved ourselves of a terrible terrible fate, haven't we? Owls can get so angry when we forget to feed them!

I know right?!

6 hours ago, Hyrulian Yogi said:

It sounded like I was complaining about my soreness but it was more of a ''damn I killed my workout'' moment haha :P But thank you for the tip, if ever my DOMS get too crazy I will try the icing for sure!

Oh! Whoops my bad. :redface-new: Glad you didn't hurt yourself then! Keep up the good work! :):P 

18 hours ago, Hyrulian Yogi said:

Ouuuuuuuh what did you get?! I'm literally obsessed with this form of art. 

IMAG0330 copy.jpg

It will eventually be filled in with doodles and leaves and such.

Yours looks awesome! I always get dizzy and nauseous, so good for you usually taking it like a Keeper. 

18 hours ago, Hyrulian Yogi said:

Tim Horton's Timbits (if you know what that is haha)

Are you in Canada?! I'm originally from BC, but am perma-stranded in Virginia (Apparition gone wrong). Timbits are consumed in abundance every time I go home, along with coffee crisps. Too bad there's no HEALTHY nostalgic foods... maybe pepperoni sticks count? I blame the trolley lady for addicting us all to candy.

2 people like this

On 9/13/2016 at 5:42 PM, Bookish Badger said:

A Hufflytherin? B) 

Ohhhhhhh, absolutely! I like this, let's put it on a t-shirt haha. :P 

On 9/13/2016 at 8:31 PM, six1 said:

I know right?!

Oh! Whoops my bad. :redface-new: Glad you didn't hurt yourself then! Keep up the good work! :):P 

Thank you for the good vibes! :) 

On 9/14/2016 at 11:01 AM, Tziganette said:

IMAG0330 copy.jpg

It will eventually be filled in with doodles and leaves and such.

Yours looks awesome! I always get dizzy and nauseous, so good for you usually taking it like a Keeper. 

Are you in Canada?! I'm originally from BC, but am perma-stranded in Virginia (Apparition gone wrong). Timbits are consumed in abundance every time I go home, along with coffee crisps. Too bad there's no HEALTHY nostalgic foods... maybe pepperoni sticks count? I blame the trolley lady for addicting us all to candy.

Ohhhhhh I love the lines on your tatt! I'm sure it will look rad with the doodles and leaves. *W*

Yes indeed, I am a proud canadian! I've never been to BC but am dying to go! Oh my yum, I didn't know coffee crisps were a canadian thing. They're so delicious omgsh. 

Gosh trolley lady. Why don't you sell celery sticks with peanut butter?!

On 9/14/2016 at 11:39 AM, Bookish Badger said:

Don't forget HoneyDukes.

I will never forget HoneyDukes. *W*

End of Challenge Recap

tumblr_odpizwDMYx1rbb9x4o8_r2_250.gif

(hi my forever crush Oliver Wood)

Sorry for disappearing once more. So much has happened. Lots and lots of things. Some good some not so good. I hit my toe yesterday on my way to teach my yoga class and it has now turned purple. I'm limiting my movements to the strict minimum and am hoping for a swift recovery. I am also no longer in a relationship, so that kinda sucks. Anyway, no more wallowing. Here are my final grades for this semester at Hogwarts:

Training: A - Acceptable
Yoga: P - Poor
Core Challenge: E - Exceeds Expectation
Takeouts: D - Dreadful 
Waking up earlier to build a morning routine: A - Acceptable

I'm looking forward to a new challenge, I will switch my focus on different things and am really hoping to keep up with the discipline. All the best my fellow Hogwarts students, I love you all xx

4 people like this

23 hours ago, Tziganette said:

Hey, you got 3/5! Don't get too discouraged! And congrats on the E for Core challenge :D

Thank you! I'm not too mad, I just had high expectations for myself, which I mean... isn't that every wizard student? :P 

2 people like this

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:55 PM, Hyrulian Yogi said:

tumblr_o1734lC73d1tquo9vo2_500.png

I'm really looking forward to getting stronger alongside you guys! Who else is a Potterhead around here? :P

*In classic Hermione fashion, raises hand enthusiastically

1 person likes this