SnowOwl Druid Novice (take 2)

SnowOwl

I did well last challenge at maintaining a calm mind, but my physical fitness fell off. I will continue to be mindful throughout my day, but I really need to focus on fitness this challenge. If I am successful at getting my body in shape while maintaining my mindfulness, I will advance to Apprentice Druid. Meetings with the Novice Master will only occur as needed and at the end of this challenge if I feel ready to request an Apprenticeship. 

To keep me focused, I will earn points for each activity I complete. As soon as I hit a point goal, I get a reward.

Quests:

A druid elf can quickly disappear up into the trees -

1. Pull-ups: 3 times per week

I haven’t done any pull-up work in a few weeks. I tried a test session the other day and I’ve lost some ground. So, I’m backed up a couple sessions, but not too much. (I use the zenlabs pull-up app, but doing negatives.)

2. Yoga: class on Wednesdays 

This one should be fairly easy as I’ve been going for a long time and I love my class.

A druid can travel far distances to reach other camps and to experience the wilderness -

3. Cardio: 30 minutes 2 times per week

I’ve been really struggling with this and have zero motivation. It doesn’t help that it’s 100 degrees out. So, I joined the Hogwarts Running Club in an attempt to get myself moving. It looks fun. (#hrcravenclawesome16) 

A druid freely expresses themselves through art and keeps a record of their days - 

4. Art: art daily (minimum of 15 minutes, 5/7 days)

I am clearing out my art space so I can easily sit down and create without a hassle. I checked out a few library books on daily art journaling. And I signed up for the birthday card exchange through my house (Ravenclaw!) at the HRC. So, at the beginning of the month I will get a list of people to send cards to and I want to send handmade cards. 

A druid is also a member of the greater community - 

5. Complete the Rebel Run (first week of September)

*Go sign up and help us make this event awesome! You can walk, run, do multiple sprints, you can even swim it - link below!

Bonus points - 1 point for each thing: 15 minute home yoga session, extra 20 minute cardio session, additional days of art, swimming, 15 minute meditation, and possibly for something great I do that was challenging (following/making a weekly meal plan, being brave, working on a house project for 1 hour, getting a job)

Each activity is worth 1 point. A reward every 10 points. No computer use until I have earned at least one point for the day.  completed something.

I’m struggling right now so I tried to build in lots of things to keep me going.

• Like 12

Race: Elf   ~   Class: Druid Apprentice   ~   Level: 12

Current Challenge

2015-2016 Challenges: OneTwo, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve

2018-2019 Challenges: (first one in progress)

3 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Gah I need to get back into running so I can do the virtual run. lad;skfjaskjdflkj

Yeah, I'm not sure if I will be able to run the whole thing, but I'm going to try!  

• Like 4

Current Challenge

2015-2016 Challenges: OneTwo, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve

My husband backed into my car today. How is it possible that my car has some dust and a bit of (his) paint that I can just brush off, but his bumper is all crumpled? Did not help his mood. I did get a little time to myself today while he went windsurfing, I really need more of that!

Daily Update for Sunday:

1. Pull-ups: 3 times per week - n/a 0/3

2. Yoga: class on Wednesdays - n/a 0/1

3. Cardio: 30 minutes 2 times per week - yes 1/2

I did my first run in a long time today, it wasn’t great, but I got up early and went and did 1.25 miles. Half was up a steep hill, mostly I walked the hill, but I did run it once too. (I ran up and back 3 times.) I had some trouble with my throat. I think it is just extremely dry out and I’m out of shape, hopefully it gets better with more running. Is anyone else a member of the Hogwarts Running Club?

4. Art: art daily (minimum of 15 minutes, 5/7 days) - yes 1/5 

coloring book and decluttering/simplifying my art desk

5. Complete the Rebel Run (first week of September) - n/a 

*Maintaining mindfulness: This has been very challenging today, but I’m working on it.

Today’s Points: 1 - running; 1 - grocery shopping

Total Points: 2

• Like 4

Current Challenge

As a side note, how is it that I have just realized that Diagon Alley is diagonally? I'm feeling really slow and now am thinking it might not be a recent development. (I did figure out the Snape thing early on so maybe that redeems my intelligence slightly?)

• Like 4

Current Challenge

11 hours ago, SnowOwl said:

My husband backed into my car today. How is it possible that my car has some dust and a bit of (his) paint that I can just brush off, but his bumper is all crumpled? Did not help his mood. I did get a little time to myself today while he went windsurfing, I really need more of that!

Depends on the cars and the kind of structure that was hit. Modern bumpers are designed to "eat" lots of energy by deformation...

An older Volvo or Mercedes(...) bumper is more like a wall... 

Welcome back!

Looks like you did like your first stay with the druids =)

• Like 1

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

1 hour ago, Twilight said:

It took me until the first movie came out to make the Diagon Alley connection, because of how Harry pronounces it.

Ever since I realized it his mispronunciation keeps playing over and over in my head!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

I went to art group this morning and learned some basic batik. Also did some daily schedule planning to try to use my time better - still needs work. Dog group was today and my husband and I went early so we could get a short run in before it started. It’s not my running day, but the HRC House Cup competition is really helping me get going.

Daily Update for Monday:

1. Pull-ups: 3 times per week - yes 1/3

3. Cardio: 30 minutes 2 times per week - yes 2/2

4. Art: art daily (minimum of 15 minutes, 5/7 days) - yes 2/5 

I learned batik today at art group - it was fun!

*Maintaining mindfulness: I lost my temper today at dog group and screamed at this guy and my husband had to drag me away. (The guy was out in the water and mostly ignored me and probably barely heard me, but still not my finest moment, and I was about to go chase him down.) I get very angry when people are so unthinking of those around them that they are dangerous. This guy was jumping his kite board and kept landing right where all the dogs were swimming. 

Now using mindfulness to let it go and trying not to be too embarrassed or dwell on it. I started taking more proactive and peaceful action this evening to reduce future issues between kiteboarders and dogs at the beach.

Today’s Points: +1 art, +1 pull-ups, +1 run

Total Points: 6 (forgot my art point yesterday so +1 for that)

• Like 6

Current Challenge

On 8/21/2016 at 11:36 PM, SnowOwl said:

As a side note, how is it that I have just realized that Diagon Alley is diagonally? I'm feeling really slow and now am thinking it might not be a recent development. (I did figure out the Snape thing early on so maybe that redeems my intelligence slightly?)

cf3ec79965333c3c_giphy-1.xxxlarge.gif

Get's me everytime. :frown-new:

9 hours ago, SnowOwl said:

*Maintaining mindfulness: I lost my temper today at dog group and screamed at this guy and my husband had to drag me away. (The guy was out in the water and mostly ignored me and probably barely heard me, but still not my finest moment, and I was about to go chase him down.) I get very angry when people are so unthinking of those around them that they are dangerous. This guy was jumping his kite board and kept landing right where all the dogs were swimming. 

Now using mindfulness to let it go and trying not to be too embarrassed or dwell on it. I started taking more proactive and peaceful action this evening to reduce future issues between kiteboarders and dogs at the beach.

Oh MAN, do I understand this.  Ever since I've started working out and feeling stronger I've gotten feistier.  I've really 'given it' to a couple of people and the rage that built inside of me was a complete shock.  I just call them my Hulk moments. :)

Living vicariously through your Art goal.  I'm not sure what will convince me to get my art supplies back out.  Until then I'll cheer you on and hope for a picture or two.

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

I love your challenge! My 2nd bedroom is my art/craft room and it's so disastrous right now I never want to do anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

7 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I love your challenge! My 2nd bedroom is my art/craft room and it's so disastrous right now I never want to do anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's how mine has been! It's not totally clean, but it's functional now and here I am using it! I can just pop in for 5 minutes here and there while I'm waiting for something else - it's great!

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Today was community garden day. I brought some produce to my neighbors for the HRC lighten someone’s load project this week. Then I spent most of the day doing baking and food prep and housecleaning. I’m still struggling, but am feeling better as I accomplish things from my challenge! I’m very close to my first reward and it’s pushing me along!

I didn’t finish my resume today, but I made good progress, hopefully I can finish it tomorrow and earn that last point!

Daily Update for Tuesday:

1. Pull-ups: 3 times per week - n/a 1/3

3. Cardio: 30 minutes 2 times per week - n/a 2/2

4. Art: art daily (minimum of 15 minutes, 5/7 days) - yes 3/5 

started working on a September birthday card design for the Ravenclaw card exchange

*Maintaining mindfulness: I find myself being rather negative still, but I’m working on it. Meditation was very helpful today, I need remember to go to meditation when I’m struggling.

Today’s Points: +1 yoga, +1 meditation, +1 art

Total Points: 9

• Like 6

Current Challenge

I'm glad to see you building on recent accomplishments. Good luck with the running and staying motivated. I'll totally do the Rebel Run with you (just not sure I want to jump in on FB tho). :D

• Like 3

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Current Challenge: |

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

| Apr '16 | Mar '16 | Feb '16 | Jan '16 | Nov/Dec '15 |

9 hours ago, SaltyDragon said:

(just not sure I want to jump in on FB tho).

That's why I added the link directly to the google doc, you can sign up and totally avoid Facebook. :)

9 hours ago, SaltyDragon said:

I'll totally do the Rebel Run with you

Yay!

• Like 3

Current Challenge

A little late, but I made it. Following along. Like the challenge, especially the reward system.

• Like 1

Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

-Miyamoto Musashi

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/83906-kvedulfs-second-challenge-first-steps-on-a-new-way/