Rangers Gonna Diggy Diggy Hole: The Official Ranger Mini-Challenge

5 hours ago, Muir said:

We've done Distance and Strength so far. The remaining ones are Combat and Recovery. It makes sense that Combat comes before Recovery, so I vote that we do the Combat Feat this week.

Who else agrees?

What say you, @Rurik Harrgath?

• Like 3

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar

On 9/4/2016 at 9:43 AM, Muir said:

Strength feat DONE! Beat my table row PR of 7 by 1 (new PR 8).

Didn't think I was going to get this feat done as I originally tried to beat my bar hang PR of 35 seconds and I just haven't been able to bust through that wall. My grip gives out at the 35 second mark every. single. time.

I managed to dodge some raindrops today and did some "table" rows on some nearby step railings instead. Whilst I would have loved to have set a new PR in bar hangs, I'll take the win on the rows. :)

Woot for all those table rows. For the deadhang, try doing it for 30 seconds, drop and take a couple breaths, and then go for another round as long as you can. Do that a few times a day, and that should build up your endurance.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Woot for all those table rows. For the deadhang, try doing it for 30 seconds, drop and take a couple breaths, and then go for another round as long as you can. Do that a few times a day, and that should build up your endurance.

That's what I ended up doing on Saturday. Did a total of 2 minutes on bar hangs. 1x35 and the rest 15 seconds each. I will get there one day. /determined

• Like 1

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

10 minutes ago, Muir said:

That's what I ended up doing on Saturday. Did a total of 2 minutes on bar hangs. 1x35 and the rest 15 seconds each. I will get there one day. /determined

You will, probably soon!

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I'm starting my combat feat today, so that I can complete it if needed. 5 days of hill sprints and burpee tabatas to get my cardio up to fighting form!

• Like 3

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

14 hours ago, Rinna said:

What say you, @Rurik Harrgath?

Sorry, folks!  Combat Feat it is!  I was totally ruminating on posting the next installment all of Sunday and for some reason it slipped to the back of my mind and then I was swamped with the girlfriend's return and my work week.  A thousand Dwarvish apologies, my friends!

• Like 7

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:04 AM, JediNickD said:

Dwarves for the win!

Strength Feat: Set new pull up and hanging leg raises to the sky PRs.  Current: 13 pull ups, 10 hanging leg raises to the sky.

Combat Feat: Compete in both Humorous and Evaluation Speech Contests to test my mastery of public speaking skills.  The Distinguished Toastmaster title means nothing without application of gained skills.

Distance Feat: Run for 40 min versus my regular 30 min.

Recovery Feat: Perform an extra physical therapy session during the week.  Typical is two 20 min sessions.  Go for three and expand time if applicable.

Week 3 is Combat Feat, which worked out perfectly as my Club Contest is TODAY!  I'll be competing in both Humorous and Evaluation Speech Contests.  My Humorous Speech still needs some work in the beginning and middle to build up the laughs, but the punch at the end is great.  What I have should win today, but it won't win at the Area on the 23rd.  I'll have to work out the kinks before then.  But today I go with what I got.

• Like 1

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Okay, my combat feat is to work on my push-ups and core strength in general. I reckon 3 x 10 incline push-ups spread throughout the day and 20 second planks morning/evening should help push me along in the right direction. I'm starting to get impatient with not being able to do them.....

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

2 hours ago, JediNickD said:

Week 3 is Combat Feat, which worked out perfectly as my Club Contest is TODAY!  I'll be competing in both Humorous and Evaluation Speech Contests.  My Humorous Speech still needs some work in the beginning and middle to build up the laughs, but the punch at the end is great.  What I have should win today, but it won't win at the Area on the 23rd.  I'll have to work out the kinks before then.  But today I go with what I got.

Great timing! :D

Current Challenge

So my Combat Feat is to do one NF exercise each day this week. That's one NF exercise, not one NF workout. The reason I'm doing just one exercise instead of an entire workout is because I've grown lax on doing the NF workouts lately. Currently I do a non NF bootcamp on Tuesday mornings and a non NF Muay Thai boxing class on Wednesday nights. Because of these courses, I've let the NF workouts go to the side, which isn't good. I feel that I need to at least get through one full workout each week, so doing one exercise each day is, I think, a good way to do it.

Rules: One exercise per day, according to the directions given. They do not have to be done in order. Exercises done as part of Bootcamp and Muay Thai Boxing can count as one of the Bodyweight exercises as long as the total number of reps are the same.

I'm working on Bodyweight 3A which is:

• Do in order. Repeat again for 4 rounds total:
  • Step Up - 5 reps per side
  • Bodyweight Pushup - 5 reps
  • Band Pull Apart - 8 reps
  • Finish With: Side Plank - 2 sets of 40+ seconds per side

On Monday I did 4 x 5 of Step Ups. Tuesday I did Side Planks during Bootcamp. Today I will do Push Ups during my boxing class.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Alrighty, my combat feat is to practice crow pose each day for the rest of this week. 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:26 AM, JediNickD said:

1st place in both contests.  The speeches I gave were not good enough to win at the Area.  I have two weeks to practice, prepare, and develop contest winning speeches.  Work, work, work!

• Like 5

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Day one of a sword workout done using this workout.  Form felt very sloppy, but it was done.  Definitely was feeling smoother by the end so need to do this more.

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

On 8/21/2016 at 5:50 PM, Aeri-sand said:

WEEK2 Strength:  PR Quests; attempt to complete the next PR-related epic quests and challenge this level's NFA boss

WEEK3 Combat:  2x Pushup Explosion; have pushup-intensive days, use supersets on workouts where possible

WEEK1 Distance:  1x Endurance Tempo Run; Go for 2 laps around the running track without stopping

Recovery: 4x Light Morning Yoga;  Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat

I've had a couple of workouts with pushups, and finally challenged my PR-related quests.

Completed some quests from my chain quests

"Lift my own weight with minor effort" step #3:  9 pushups, 3 dips, 1 negative pullup for 8 sec, flex hang for 17 sec, dead hang for 17 sec.

"Increase full body power" step #2: Do 10 burpees in 30 sec.

Challenged NFA boss for gym 3; "Thunderlord Oversquat"

Almost had it, need to work on grip strength some more.

Won't be next week, since I really do need a recovery week, and it miraculously fits with this challenge :) 

Want to give another epic chain-quest a go, probably could get on with it next week, since it (running) doesn't involve strength training.

To officially be a level 7 Apprentice of Intent ;)  

• Like 1

Apprentice of Intent .  Lvl X Druidu Bronze IV

Epic Quest | Battle Log | Current Challenge

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

Day 2 of sword workout finished.  Feeling a little smoother this time although still much room for improvement LOL

• Like 3

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

Day 3 of crow to headstand to crow complete.Today's practice was so-so.My abs told me they did enough work yesterday and weren't really into it today:) But I did improve somewhat over the week. Kind of want to now see if I can get back to doing my 60 second crow.

• Like 2

Alright, seeing as combat week has come to an end I am finally breaking through a huge step for me by forcing myself to post a video even though I feel like an idiot. Any subject matter experts out there let me know all the stuff I am doing wrong. My next step is adding in the element of footwork. 

https://vimeo.com/182296721

• Like 4

Level 8 Expert in Obscure Details

Challenges: 1 : 234 : 5 : 6The Martian