Rangers Gonna Diggy Diggy Hole: The Official Ranger Mini-Challenge

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:04 AM, JediNickD said:

Dwarves for the win!

Strength Feat: Set new pull up and hanging leg raises to the sky PRs.  Current: 13 pull ups, 10 hanging leg raises to the sky.

Combat Feat: Compete in both Humorous and Evaluation Speech Contests to test my mastery of public speaking skills.  The Distinguished Toastmaster title means nothing without application of gained skills.

Distance Feat: Run for 40 min versus my regular 30 min.

Recovery Feat: Perform an extra physical therapy session during the week.  Typical is two 20 min sessions.  Go for three and expand time if applicable.

Recovery Feat for Week 4.  Perfect since I hurt my back Friday.  I did physical therapy exercises twice over the weekend for 20 minutes each just hitting the basics.  I did 45 minutes this morning since I was feeling a bit better getting into some of the lifting exercises.  My neck is stiff and lower back is sore, but both were much worse on Friday and Saturday.  Hopefully, I can get through the work day without too much discomfort.  If I can get away at lunch time, then I'll get to the gym for more exercises.

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Seems like everyone has figured out Week 4 is Recovery week already.  I've been busy planning the next series of mini-challenges that'll cover the next couple of months.  So finish up this mini, recover, and relax.  There are grand things on the horizon!

• Like 5

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Since the new monthly challenge sub forum is up, I'm going to count this mini challenge as done. I've done my recovery feat by meditating once per day, every day. I've rather enjoyed it, except for the couple of times that my cat interrupted the session with her cold, wet nose and sharp little claws hehe. 

• Like 4

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

Recovery was more dancing than yoga, but something was done.

Leveled up to 7 on Epic Quests :) which is what I liked most.

Looks like I'm about to level up on my physical and awareness chain quests, hopefully that'll get me out of Bronze III, lol.

• Like 2

Apprentice of Intent .  Lvl X Druidu Bronze IV

Epic Quest | Battle Log | Current Challenge

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand