Erza joins Fairy Tail - first ever challenge!

Erza Scarlet

First ever NF challenge! Excited to get started! :D (Though half dreading posting this because it means I have to commit to it). My theme is going to be Erza Scarlet joining the Fairy Tail guild after she escapes from The Tower of Heaven, a place where she was a child slave. I haven't finished the 2014 series yet so please no spoilers! :P    

1223411_1369699067505_full.png?v=1369699 

Healer Porlyusica gives medicine for Erza's destroyed eye, but it doesn't fix it entirely. Erza realises that there will always be scares from her past and it's up to her to heal herself. She accepts the medicine and joins Fairy Tail, ready to make a change. Everyone there is warm, caring and supportive, which is strange for her. She meets the members of the guild, but still feels closed off.

latest?cb=20120320125323

Members/Quests: 

:Young-Natsu-natsu-dragneel-19374136-300-

Natsu: Fine, Erza, I won't fight you till you've built your strength up. I'd beat you too easily anyway.
- Go to gym 3x a week, level 4 on NFA. 
- Continue stretches
- Punch Natsu

latest?cb=20120329113944
 Happy: Fish and chips? Yuck! Just the fish please! 
- Eat veg instead of high carbs (sorry no fish this time, Happy!)
- Drink 2 litres of water

Cana-and-Gray-fairy-tail-32461270-500-28

Gray: I know you don't want to talk about your past, Erza, so let's take a break from life instead. 
- Do mindfulness or full body scan daily. 
- Move around every 30 mins of sitting

.latest?cb=20120330034303

Levy: You need help with books about magic? No problem, I'd love to help!
- Read and understand literature book by end of challenge.  

• Like 4

About me

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4#5

Current: #6

Day 1! (Not counting yesterday because I made the challenge too near the end of the day). Was dead scared to go into free weights section, but there actually ended up being a few other women there. No one even paid attention to me. So anyway...

Natsu:

- Pushups: 3x8, 1m.
- Romanian deadlift: 3x10,1m. 40kg (includ. 20kg of bare barbell). Found last 2 sets difficult, form went off, but completed it. Wrists and forearms sore. Took a while to get deadlift ready so I had a longish break. 

- Ring rows: 3x10,1m. Foreams still sore, but did it. Couldn't find rings in gym so I used a pull up bar. Don't know if that counts... Spent a long time looking for rings so I had a longer break than I should have. 

- Side plank: 2x30s,1m. Struggled A LOT. Will need more practise doing these. 

- Did stretches

Happy:
- Had some broccoli before the gym (literally just that, had no dinner. But that's something I'll work on in a later challenge). Tried some crunchy leaves mix, but I think they were out of date because they tasted awful. :disgust: Really wanted chips and pizza, but managed to hold off on the high carbs. :) (So far so good, hope my willpower can hold out...).
- Drank 2 litres

Gray:
- Did 5 mins of mindfulness. Very relaxing, so relaxing I nearly fell asleep. :') 
- Didn't sit long enough to need to do this. 

Levy:
- Read preface of book. 

About me

Day 2!

Natsu:

- Rest day 

- Did stretches 

Happy:

- Had veg, was craving fast food again. I never realised how much I craved fast food before. :huh:

- Had about 1 ltr I think :( (sorry Happy! I know you prefer fish anyway. :P). 

Gray:

- Did 10 mins of mindfulness. Didn't want to at first, but then I didn't want to stop when it was over. Like I didn't want to come back to the real world and face all it's problems. :upset:

- Was sitting a long time today, so had to do this a lot. It got so repetitive after a while lol. 

Levy:

- Read introduction. 

I managed to do all this but I felt really depressed today and I felt quite anxious too, so it was really tough to make myself do everything. :( I hope I can keep it up. Even these small little quests seem like a lot when you're dealing with mental health issues. (Sorry I hope I don't sound like I'm whining). Anyway, let's see how tomorrow goes. :)  

About me

This is an awesome theme! Erza kicks butt (also my favorite fairy tail character). Following ^_^

Im sorry you've been feeling low, it absolutely does make everything harder; for me, it's just getting out of bed sometimes. A lot of people here struggle with mental health stuff too. Vent if you need to!  We are a supportive Guild and are here to help. If you need to talk I would be happy to listen.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Breathe deep.  Seek peace.  Bring a sword.  ---Kishi

Playlist for the Zombie Apocalypse

She's the best! :D And I know, I was quite surprised at the number of other people who struggle too. Suffering from mental health issues can be quite annoying IRL because people think I'm lazy, but I'm actually just too weak and depressed most of the time to do things, like your example of getting out of bed. But I'm hoping counselling, medicine and now NF can help. But anyway, thank you for the support, hope you get better too. :)  

• Like 1

About me

Day 3!

Natsu:

- Step Up: 4x8/side
- Dumbbell Overhead Press: 4x8, 20kg. (very difficult) 
- Bent Over Dumbbell Row: 4x8, 20kg. (this was easier, but struggled towards the end of the reps) 
- Bar Hang: 2x10s (this was incredibly difficult. I aimed for 30, but averaged 10s). 

- Did stretches 

My back was still a bit sore from doing deadlifts for the first time on Monday, so I think I'll wait till Saturday before heading to the gym again. (Hopefully DOMS should be gone by then :)). 

Happy:

- Had veg (free today at gym, so I picked the right day to go :P). Still craving high carbs (fast food basically). :(  

- Drank 2 litres 

Gray:

- 5m mindfulness, very relaxing, didn't want to stop again. :upset: Maybe this mindfulness is not actually god for me, lol. :lol:

- Didn't need to do this. 

Levy: 

- Read chapter 1. 

• Like 1

About me

Day 4!

Natsu:

- Rest day

- Did stretches 

Happy:

- Had fast food :dejection: I was with some visiting family, so I found it hard to hold off cravings (which you can see I've been craving the past 3 days). Will try to get back on track tomorrow.   

- Drank 2 litres 

Gray:

- 5m mindfulness. I was quite anxious, so this helped me calm a little. At least it helped stop depression and anxiety overwhelming me, which I felt close too towards the end of the night. 

Levy: 

- Read chapter 2.  

About me

Day 6

Today was a bit of a bummer for exercise. I went to the gym, but I had only eaten some chocolate and a banana before going. So I didn't really have any energy. :( 

Natsu:

- Romanian deadlift: 3x10. 40kg. My wrists hurt a lot! They're still cracking hours later. And because I didn't have much energy, I struggled with deadlifting a lot. :( Almost considered scaling down to make it easier, but I made it in the end. (Even if my form went slightly off...). 

- Pushups: 3x8. I was exhausted by the time I had to do these, but I still managed to do them fairly easily.   

- Ring rows: 3x10. I actually managed to find some rings today. :D (well they were bar shaped, but whatever). Fairly easy, just struggled towards the end of each set. 

- Side plank: 2x30s Managed to stay up without falling, but still wobbled like crazy, I also felt a lot of acid in my throat doing these, so maybe I need to buy some acid reflux tablets...

- Did stretches

Happy:

- Had chips (fries) instead of veg today. :dejection: My friend suggested getting some and I couldn't resist. I've gotta learn to stop eating fast food when I'm out with people. :lol:
- Drank 2 litres +

Gray:
- Did 5 mins of mindfulness. Found it quite difficult, was feeling very anxious and depressed today. 
- Forgot to do this... :/ 

Levy:
- Read chapter 4.

So wasn't the best day in my challenge. I think my diet is part of how low, unmotivated and weak I always feel, so I will try harder to stick to my Happy quest. I kind of want to improve more of my diet so that I can feel (a bit) better, but I know that'll be too much for me in one challenge. So I'll keep at this challenge, try to do better and maybe add in more diet stuff next challenge. I'm not sure, I'll see how this challenge goes anyway. :)   

• Like 1

About me

Day 7 - One whole week! :D 

My lower back is sore from yesterday and my wrists are very crackly, I hope they're better by tomorrow. I also felt very depressed, anxious and lethargic towards the evening today. Ughh I hate feeling like this. :( Anyway...    

Natsu:
- Rest day
- Did stretches

Happy:
- Had veg :) Also, I met some friends and didn't have fast food, hurray! ^_^
- Drank 2 litres 

Gray:
- 5 mins mindfulness. Did it when I was quite sleepy so not sure if it worked that well. Maybe I shouldn't leave it so late next time. :P 
- Was quite active today, so didn't need to do this. 

Levy:
- Read chapter 5.

Can't believe I've actually kept this up for a week! :o It hasn't been perfect, but a lot better than I thought it would go. I'm glad I picked (fairly) easy quests for myself, I know I wouldn't have been able to keep it up this long otherwise. Here's to another good week. :) 

• Like 1

About me

Popping in to follow along, well done on finishing week 1! Look forward to seeing you continue to smash those goals ^_^

• Like 1

Day 8 

My lower is still a bit sore, so I took some painkillers before exercising. It didn't help my wrists, but halfway through the overhead presses I felt my wrists crack and then they weren't cracking anymore. I don't know what happened there. :lol: I also made sure to eat a few portions of fruit before exercising, so I had more energy than I did the other day. 

Natsu:

- Step Up: 4x8/side 
- Dumbbell Overhead Press: 4x8, 20kg. (very slightly easier, but I'll still need to keep at it) 
- Bent Over Dumbbell Row: 4x8, 20kg. (a lot easier than overhead press, but not perfect) 
- Bar Hang: 2x10s (averaged 15s - really hard).  

- Did stretches 

Happy:

- Had veg :) 

- Drank 2 litres 

Gray:

- I hate having to do mindfulness, but I like it once I start and then I don't want it to end. XD It was a lot easier to focus on it today. :) 

Levy: 

- Read chapters 6 & 7, go me. :P  

• Like 1

About me

Day 9 

My biceps and the fleshy part above my elbows were sore today, probably from the bar hang I tried yesterday. My wrists are only sore now when I twist them, though, and my lower back is fine. So I'm having some improvement. It would be nice to do some exercise without hurting the next day though... :( Oh well, I'm sure my body will be fine once it starts adapting to all these new exercises.  

Natsu:

- Rest day

- Did stretches 

Happy:

- Had veg 

- Drank 2 litres 

Gray:

- Again, hated having to do it but like mindfulness when I started. 5m. Still a little hard to concentrate. 

- Forgot to do this tbh. :unsure:

Levy: 

- Read chapter 8.

• Like 2

About me

Day 10

My biceps and the fleshy part above my elbows are still sore. My right wrist is fine now, but my left is horrible. I think I may have twisted it the wrong way when doing ring rows today, whoops. :dispirited: Hopefully it'll heal soon, though. Maybe I'll wait till Saturday again before exercising. I made sure to eat some more fruit before heading to the gym so I had energy. 

Natsu:

- Romanian deadlift: 3x10. 40kg. Getting easier, still struggle towards the end of the sets though.

- Pushups: 3x8. Easy enough, though I have to do them slowly. 

- Ring rows: 3x10. I think the rings are a bit too long which is probably why I hurt my wrist (by turning my wrist to bring me back up). Struggled a bit near the end, but good otherwise.  

- Side plank: 2x30s. Surprisingly a lot easier today! I wobbled, but I was able to do the two sets without falling. Hurray :P 

- Walk-the-planks (negative chin-ups? I've decided to these instead of the bar hangs): 5x8. Managed to do them fine for 2secs each.    

- Did stretches 

Happy:

- Had veg 

- Drank 2 litres 

Gray:

- 5m. Again didn't want to, but didn't mind finishing it, though leaving mindfulness does take a few seconds of transitioning. 

- Forgot to do this again. :unsure: I wasn't sitting for ages, though, so hopefully forgetting this wasn't too bad.

Levy: 

- Read chapter 9.

• Like 1

About me

Day 11

First day back at counselling after the summer holidays. Because I hadn't been for a while I felt pretty awful afterwards, or rather just mentally exhausted. Therefore I wasn't really that passionate about completing my quests today, but I managed to get some of them done at least, so I guess that's something...

Natsu:

- Rest day 

- Did stretches 

Happy:

- Had veg 

- Didn't drink a lot...

Gray:

- 5m. Tried doing it unguided (wasn't in the mood to listen to anyone :lol:) but my thoughts went everywhere and I struggled a lot. I think I'll have to stick to guided mindfulness for now...

- Forgot to do.:dejection: Damn I need a better way to remember this. 

Levy: 

- Read chapter 10.

About me

Day 12

A bit late posting this up. My wrist is still sore so the dumbbells were hard, but my arms feel better. I also didn't eat much before the gym so I felt very weak. I managed to just about push through, but I was thoroughly exhausted by the end of it. I literally had to force myself to do the walk-the-plank exercises. 

Natsu:

- Step Up: 4x8/side 
- Dumbbell Overhead Press: 4x8, 20kg.  
- Bent Over Dumbbell Row: 4x8, 20kg. 
- Walk-the-plank: 5x8. 

- Did stretches 

Happy:

- Didn't have veg today...  

- Drank

Gray:

- Didn't do mindfulness.

- Did this.

Levy: 

- Read chapter Interlude.

About me

Congrats on finishing week one and getting to the end of week two!!  It can be hard to push through when you're hungry, or don't feel happy, or have injuries, I know I refuse to get out when I'm not feeling well.  you're awesome for being disciplined to do weight lifting, and it looks like you're doing great on staying hydrated (super important).  Halfway done with the month long challenge!  You can do it!!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Breathe deep.  Seek peace.  Bring a sword.  ---Kishi

Playlist for the Zombie Apocalypse

Thank you so much, I appreciate the support, it means a lot to me. :) Yeah I'm having my ups and downs with this challenge, but so far it hasn't been overwhelming. I think anymore quests than I have now would've made me quit, so I'm glad I didn't make them too big and demanding. Don't want to jinx it, though. :P  So hopefully I can keep it up.  

About me

Day 13

My wrist feels a bit better, hopefully it'll heal before Monday's workout. 

Natsu:

- Rest day 

- Did stretches 

Happy:

- Had veg 

- Didn't drink a lot...

Gray:

- 5m. Felt very relaxed, almost fell asleep (though I did do it before bed :P). 

- Didn't do this... :( Need to remind - and actually bother - with it. 

Levy: 

- Read chapter 11.

About me

Day 15

I noticed some good improvements at the gym today. Yayy. :):P 

Natsu:

- Romanian deadlift: 3x10. 40kg. A lot easier today, might slightly increase the weights next time. :D 

- Pushups: 3x8. They were also a lot easier, but my left wrist is still sore, so I wobbled everytime I put pressure on it. :( 

- Ring rows: 3x10. The ring rows were too easy, so I adjusted my body until it was harder. 

- Side plank: 2x30s. Still shaking, but I managed to do them. 

- Walk-the-planks: 5x8,2s. Struggled towards the last few sets, but managed to do them.

- Did stretches 

Happy:

- Had veg 

- Drank 2 litres +

Gray:

- 5m. Same reactions as usual. Not sure if it's actually impacting me during the day yet, despite having done it for 15 days straight. Though it has only been 5m at a time I suppose...

- Did this, but helps my eyes if I'm sitting at the computer for too long.

Levy: 

- Read chapter 13. .

About me

Day 16

Wow I felt like crap today. I didn't really eat great (though had my veg - God I sound like a kid <_<) and it was also rest day, so that didn't help. Felt a bit lonely as well because I had no one to talk too and sometimes I feel my friends are indifferent to me. :( But anyway, I'm not here to whine. Moving on...

Natsu:

- Rest day 

- Did stretches 

Happy:

- Had veg 

- Not as much as I should've... :( 

Gray:

- 5m, I did feel a bit better after it, though I don't want to jinx it...

- Did this, though it's still so boring, lol. 

Levy: 

- Read chapter 14.

About me