Welcome! I think I love you. If I weren't already married I might want to marry you. Also bonus: Australian accent.

All kidding aside...sounds like you've got a great attitude. I've found everyone here to be enormously helpful and awesome. And nerdy. So I am sure you will fit right in!

Also...I have a neckchin as well. A photographer once told me to stick my chin out, and voila! Less neckchin. But it's still there...my arch nemesis.

Hey, I love you too... but I'm not a homewrecker! <3 ;)

I think attitude is critical. I've evolved from a serious person to someone who doesn't take life too seriously. It's definitely an evolution.

Sticking the chin out works sometimes but it only hides it. Plus I get a sore face/neck/jaw from doing that constantly. I want to kill it completely.

Oh, I'm all for wine payments.... just so long as I still get to partake ;)

Mos def. That's the best part!

I like this attitude. I think that's kind of where I'm at. I mean, I still want a house and kids and everything, but mostly I just want to be happy. I could have gone on to get my masters or doctorate and become a veterinarian or human doctor, but you know what? I'm pretty happy right now as a fish tech. The people I work with are awesome and I get to spend all summer outside. Other than my dog, I have no dependents, so who cares if I'm not getting rich? Well I might care a little... but that's mostly because I wish I had enough money to travel... and own a house where I can take care of foster dogs.

House and kids for sure. House soon, kids waaaaaay later. I want a house of my own again, though I want to own it and not rent it. In Australia every twentysomething buys a house. It's a weird culture of investment in property. It's not uncommon for kids to own one or two or three houses, though be in enormous debt to finance it. I guess it's one reason why real estate is so stupidly expensive here. The median house price in my STATE is a touch under $400000. That includes places that aren't cities where a tent sells for $20000. In my city, in areas that aren't the ghetto (as much as there are such things in Adelaide) you'd be looking at $450000 to $600000 for something that's habitable and decent and doesn't need a fortune spent on renovating it out of the 50's.

Sounds like you're in a pretty good place, happiness and satisfaction wise. :)

Haha... well... there's no guarantee there. Finch! hasn't read this thread recently it seems... but if not him, there may be some other Aussie out there willing to have me ;) Or Kiwi.... or Norwegian... or Scotsman... this could go on forever :P

I've been too busy blushing to reply! Actually, that's a lie.

I love how obsessed you are with your neckchin. I'm that way with my batwings.

It is unquestionably my worst physical feature. It needs to go. I've been obsessed with it for years but just thought... eh, whatever... but I am now determined to kill it. It's a goal that will keep me motivated until it happens. :)

:watermelon: ALSO! I have signed up for the current six week challenge: Check it out HERE! :watermelon:

Hullo! Welcome &c. I love your bonus challenge!

(Also... neckchin. Yeah. Mine is probably genetic, since I'm underweight and it's still there. Everyone in my dad's family has one, my grandmother first and foremost - hers was seriously impressive, think pelican. That said, if your parents don't have it, surely you can get rid of it!)

Hullo! Welcome &c. I love your bonus challenge!

(Also... neckchin. Yeah. Mine is probably genetic, since I'm underweight and it's still there. Everyone in my dad's family has one, my grandmother first and foremost - hers was seriously impressive, think pelican. That said, if your parents don't have it, surely you can get rid of it!)

Hi!

Bonus challenge is just a bit of fun. We'll see what happens, I guess.

Re: neckchin. I think mine might be unavoidable, too. I've never ever ever seen my father (or a photograph of him) without a beard so I don't know if he even has a chin, let alone a neckchin. Possibly.

My mother, on the other hand, has had one all her life. She had it... fixed... by a plastic surgeon, after years of being thin and fit but still not killing the neckchin.

I honestly don't recall if I've always had one, but looking at photographs of me from ten years ago it's certainly much worse now than it was then. That gives me hope that it's able to be destroyed. Even if it's not, I guess it'll be fun to try...

House and kids for sure. House soon, kids waaaaaay later. I want a house of my own again, though I want to own it and not rent it. In Australia every twentysomething buys a house. It's a weird culture of investment in property. It's not uncommon for kids to own one or two or three houses, though be in enormous debt to finance it. I guess it's one reason why real estate is so stupidly expensive here. The median house price in my STATE is a touch under $400000. That includes places that aren't cities where a tent sells for $20000. In my city, in areas that aren't the ghetto (as much as there are such things in Adelaide) you'd be looking at $450000 to $600000 for something that's habitable and decent and doesn't need a fortune spent on renovating it out of the 50's.

Sounds like you're in a pretty good place, happiness and satisfaction wise. :)

I'm about the same, I want a house before kids and would like a house soon, but haven't saved up anything yet. Still trying to get things straightened out to save for retirement and such. Also... I don't really know where I want to live long-term, so that makes it a little more tricky especially since I don't know if I'd be able to sell it off again very easily.

As strange as your culture of investment properties might be, I think that's pretty neat. Sucks that the prices are so high though :S

I've been too busy blushing to reply! Actually, that's a lie.

I actually made you blush? Yay! Usually I'm the one blushing... this sounds like a fun new game ;)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram