Tyria's second attempt: defeading heat and summer pleasures

tyria

The last challenge was partly successful, but since the nights are becoming shorter and the temperatures lower it should be possible to archive the goals this time.

Run

15 km a week. 

Obtain 15 points from bodyweight exercises. 

Every 10 Burpees adds 1 extra point

Every 20 Situps/Squats/PushUps/Leg lever/mountain climbers adds another extra point

Study

learn 30 min french a week.

Take the next steps

I found one which is about 5 km at the end of september (easy!) and there is another one at the beginn of november over 7,14 or 21 km. I would aim for the 14 km run.

join a weight lifting training group

• Like 2

Scout at heart - started to do weightlifting.

Battle log

Woohoo....it is going quite well. I probably won't reach my km goal this week and not the bodyweight exercise part, but anyway it is a great start in this challenge. My pace  is  comparatively low (7.5 min/km instead of 5.5 -6.5 min/km), but I blame the heat and the hilly route for it (and my laziness in the past 2 months).

Run

7/15 km

0/15 pts

Studying

0/30 min french --> scheduled for sunday.

Taking the next step

I'll go to the lifting club next monday and I still need to figure out if I am in town for this 5 km run.

• Like 1

Battle log

Well. Week I finished without any additions to the last update, but I still confident that I should be able reach my goals. Unfortunately life comes across all plans and I changed my vacations plans to an earlier date. This is will probably spoil this challenge again.

Run

0/15 km

0/15 pts BW

Studying

0/30 min french 

Taking the next step 

I went to the lifting club and it was really nice there. Hopefully I am not too sore tomorrow because I wanted to go for a run in the morning.

• Like 1

Battle log

Update Week II

Run

5/15 km

0/15 pts BW

Studying

0/30 min french 

The start into the weightlifting world caused remarkable DOMS for 3 days. The first two days I was happy about the lifts in our building all the times I needed to go to a different level....

• Like 2

Battle log

14 hours ago, tyria said:

Update Week II

Run

5/15 km

0/15 pts BW

Studying

0/30 min french 

The start into the weightlifting world caused remarkable DOMS for 3 days. The first two days I was happy about the lifts in our building all the times I needed to go to a different level....

Good job with getting some running in :D

What are you planning on using for French practice?

I use Duolingo and HelloTalk for spanish myself.

Also what kind of lifting are you doing?

On 9/3/2016 at 7:03 AM, tyria said:

Oh man, my first few days trying lifting gave me DOMS like I'd never seen. Or any time I've gone back to it after weeks off, for that matter. :P

Hows week 3 wrapping up?

Level 6 Demon Hunter, Novice Troubadour

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Current Challenge

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."

On 4.9.2016 at 3:11 AM, Volki said:

What are you planning on using for French practice?

I use Duolingo and HelloTalk for spanish myself.

Also what kind of lifting are you doing?

I will spend some time in paris this autumn and it is always nice if you can order things in this place or ask for small things. I used to learn french for 5 years but it got lost in darker areas of my brain :) I just use a simple grammar textbook to repeat things and check unknown words in a dictionary (pons.eu is really helpful).

In this group they train olympic weightlifting.

Battle log

On 9/15/2016 at 3:01 AM, tyria said:

I think I need to respawn with this challenge. 

In week 3 I went for a conference and then started directly with my holidays. No successful challenge for me :(

Oy. That definitely happens sometimes, no worries (especially in the summer). What's the respawn plan now?

Level 6 Demon Hunter, Novice Troubadour

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Current Challenge

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."