Journey Log: Revival of the Demonhunters

Journey Progress: 14,75h/100h

11.09.2016: 0,50 hours of meditation (1 session)

Encore: Stationary - 19,70 km (New Record!)

We arrived. After several days of marching through the forests of Pyr, Daeris and Minaiwen are just as relieved as I am that we finally reached the abandoned outpost. The former demonhunter outpost exudes ancient history. It is much more feral than I thought. The outpost is huge and appears as if a mad god hammered it out of the surrounding cliffs against the resistance of the forest to claim it as its own. The entry and most of the place is overgrown and from the looks of it, the secrets and mysteries of this place may still reside within this forgotten place. Daeris suggested that we set up a camp at the base level of the outpost. With a bit of luck, we should find a good spot from which to plan an expedition to the upper levels of the outpost. Minaiwen is just as excited as I am. After the days of travel through the thick forest of Pyr, the sight of our destination and the blue sky lifts my spirits, too.

Battle log summary: Working out today was a huge boost to moral! :)

• Like 1

Journey Progress: 15,25h/100h

12.09.2016: 0,50 hours of meditation (1 session)

Battle log summary: Got a bit sick. Stuffy nose, headache, lack of apetite and just that ache in the body and a lack of energy. fortunately no fever and no puking (I hope that doesn't come tomorrow :( ). I still did a sitting today.

1 hour ago, Tyrgal said:

Journey Progress: 15,25h/100h

12.09.2016: 0,50 hours of meditation (1 session)

Battle log summary: Got a bit sick. Stuffy nose, headache, lack of apetite and just that ache in the body and a lack of energy. fortunately no fever and no puking (I hope that doesn't come tomorrow :( ). I still did a sitting today.

Great to see you're still keeping up the challenge despite feeling unwell. Hope you get better soon! :) 

About me

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4#5

Current: #6

7 minutes ago, six1 said:

Great to see you're still keeping up the challenge despite feeling unwell. Hope you get better soon! :) 

Thank you :)  I was reminded of a monk who meditated for hours when he got poisoned by drug dealers in thailand (Yeah I know, weird story). Somehow I rather wanted to try instead of making excuses when I considered that story. Hopefully things are looking better tomorrow already.

• Like 1

Journey Progress: 15,75h/100h

13.09.2016: 0,50 hours of meditation (1 session)

Battle log summary: Dealing with a lack of energy and still feeling sick (the long workday didn't help either!). Today's motto is sit and let go. And then sleep. Nothing better than a good, long night of sleep when one is sick :)

• Like 1
On 9/12/2016 at 8:07 PM, Tyrgal said:

Thank you :)  I was reminded of a monk who meditated for hours when he got poisoned by drug dealers in thailand (Yeah I know, weird story). Somehow I rather wanted to try instead of making excuses when I considered that story. Hopefully things are looking better tomorrow already.

That story sounds interesting. :P Good motivation though. :) 

About me

Journey Progress: 16,50h/100h

14.09.2016: 0,75 hours of meditation (1 session)

Battle log summary: Good and quiet sitting. I noticed I was very easily distracted during the sitting and switched to meditating on impermanence. It was a nice and soothing experience. Sometimes watching the breath can feel tedious to watch for people or they get distracted. Impermanence is a wonderful thing to consider then - unfortunately, most people nowadays don't get this kind of meditation taught by life-style meditation teachers. However, if one experiences that every breath could be the last, the breath turns from something boring or tedious to something one wants to cherish and spend time with before it's gone forever. So. Good sitting. :)

On 17/09/2016 at 3:05 PM, Tyrgal said:

Journey Progress: 17,50h/100h

16.09.2016: 0,50 hours of meditation (1 session)

Battle log summary: Posting a bit late. My throat is getting better and the coughing is a bit better now.

Glad to hear it! Hope that it continues to ease up for you! :) 

• Like 1

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

Journey Progress: 20,00h/100h

20.09.2016: 0,5 hours of meditation (1 session)

Battle log summary: 20%. Man, it's still a long way, but's been a very good lesson so far. I enjoy the challenge even with its ups and downs as it really is a challenge where I learn more about myself and have opportunity to grow. Sitting has been quite noisy today, but especially because of that it was good that I sat down! :) 

Couple of pointers for adjustment:

1. Meditating once I get home is working better for setting up the habit and meditation quality. Get home, change clothes, make tea, light incense and then just go (before turning on the pc or cooking etc.).

2. Other things that drag meditation down: Things I give attention to without actually receiving anything back to justify it. I've left some fb groups and duties (like free statistics support) because they are time wasters or immensively thankless (free statistics support). There's nothing against giving attention to things that improve my life, the life of others or both, but I feel like it's better to seek new and more emotionally rewarding ways to practice kindness and compassion for me atm. Stuff that is more align with the way I want to live my life.

3. Meditate regardless of how the day went so far. I'm pretty good with this so far (if I may say so myself *huehue*). I reduce my time a bit on bad days, but am usually pretty ok with 30 minute sessions now. Getting up to regular 45min sessions feels quite doable. Looking forward to the next days :)

Journey Progress: 20,00h/100h

20.09.2016: 0,5 hours of meditation (1 session)

Battle log summary: 20%. Man, it's still a long way, but's been a very good lesson so far. I enjoy the challenge even with its ups and downs as it really is a challenge where I learn more about myself and have opportunity to grow. Sitting has been quite noisy today, but especially because of that it was good that I sat down! [emoji4] 

Couple of pointers for adjustment:

1. Meditating once I get home is working better for setting up the habit and meditation quality. Get home, change clothes, make tea, light incense and then just go (before turning on the pc or cooking etc.).

2. Other things that drag meditation down: Things I give attention to without actually receiving anything back to justify it. I've left some fb groups and duties (like free statistics support) because they are time wasters or immensively thankless (free statistics support). There's nothing against giving attention to things that improve my life, the life of others or both, but I feel like it's better to seek new and more emotionally rewarding ways to practice kindness and compassion for me atm. Stuff that is more align with the way I want to live my life.

3. Meditate regardless of how the day went so far. I'm pretty good with this so far (if I may say so myself *huehue*). I reduce my time a bit on bad days, but am usually pretty ok with 30 minute sessions now. Getting up to regular 45min sessions feels quite doable. Looking forward to the next days [emoji4]

Building a habit of meditating at the same time everyday and getting rid of time wasters are great ideas. [emoji846] Yeah it can be hard to meditate when the day's gone bad, so good for you for sticking at it regardless! Keep up your great work! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

About me

Journey Progress: 22,00h/100h

24.09.2016: 0,75 hours of meditation (1 session)

Battle log summary: Got more time in but the sitting was very unconcentrated. Meditation feels drab these days. Which is less about meditation but what I bring to it. When I sit down with thoughts like "there is so much stuff I want to do right today" "there's so much I want to accomplish but now i'm loosing time from meditation" then that is going to reflect how I perceive the sitting and how easy it is to concentrate. This translates to all kinds of things: If I do something without clear intention, without standing behind it, without a clear "why", how can I expect great results? Well I can't. And that is something about not just about motivation (which is shortlived) but intention and vision, too. These things are not permanent but they too fade over time if one doesn't intentionally take the time to recommit and keep that fire burning.

Good news is my bronchitis is almost gone so I may return to cardio soon again.

• Like 1

Journey Progress: 22,00h/100h

25.09.2016: 0 sessions

26.09.2016: 0 sessions

27.09.2016: 0 sessions

28.09.2016: 0 sessions

29.09.2016: 0 sessions

30.09.2016: 0 sessions

01.10.2016: 0 sessions

02.10.2016: 0 sessions

Battlelog summary:

Not very proud of how the week went. I had an intense workweek filled with a tight workshop schedule, preparing my own lecture and socializing events in the evening. It was much, but it was very cool. However, due to this, tuesday and wednesday went from 06:00AM until midnight with only few and short breaks. Monday wasn't much better. I had great fun this week and love so many things about my job, but I felt like my level up goals suffered from it this week. Perhaps I could have made at least 15 minutes those days despite of all that was going on but I didn't feel like meditation would have helped to relax during my short timebreaks this week and would have added more strain on top instead. Hm so yeah. I'll give myself a day and will figure out how to proceed properly now.

Journey Progress: 22,50h/100h

03.10.2016: 0,5 hours of meditation (1 session)

Battle log summary: erratic session. I was not looking forward to sitting and the session was filled with preoccupying thoughts. It's a small step getting back up but it's better than lying down and giving up.