Okay... So here is the deal.

Hi,

I am Akhil, a 22 year old obese (obese is an understatement) engineering student who is bored with everything around him. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that there is so much more to life than the things around me that I have never experienced. Its just that the these "other things" that I have never experienced, they are so many in number that I have no clue where to start. Also I don't have the resources (money) to experience these things. One thing that I can achieve without investing much money is a better body shape. Now I know "round" is also a shape but that's why I used "better". :tongue:

So where to begin?

Let me first tell you something about my body. It sucks. I am 5'6" tall and I weighed close to 223 lbs about a month ago. Now I know that THAT is TERRIBLE. So that's where the next part comes in.

My Goal: 160 lbs. (I have no idea whether that is possible, STEVE, tell me it is.)

So what have I done so far to achieve that?

I play badminton for the past 6 months or so every other day of the week for one hour. I joined a cricket team and have been attending the training for almost one month now. It goes on for 2 hours everyday except for weekends. I bought a new bicycle and tried cycling to most of the places (worked for the first two weeks.) But I still use it sometimes. I bought two 11 pound dumbbells and do curls when I get time. And to add to that I do the Beginner Body Weight Workout, though not more than twice a week (Sometimes even just once a week.)

I completely stopped drinking soft drinks like coke, I drink water now to quench my thirst. I started drinking milk (I hate milk, never drank it before.) and eating more eggs than I normally do (I love eggs.) And I eat a limited quantity.

So what have I achieved?

Today, I weigh 210 pounds. So that is a 13 lbs loss. I don't know what is a good rate of losing weight but I hope 13 lbs in one month is not bad.

My future plans: Stay focused and motivated (I am hoping for a little help from you guys here.) Move onto next levels. I want to be able to do as many pull ups as I want. I want to be able to run the marathon this December. I want to look good. I know that these are vague plans, but I think I have broken them down to smaller goals, like being able to do at least one pull up properly, or being able to run for 1 hour without stopping. And it goes higher at each level.

I hope by the end of this year I am awesome as hell. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you guys.

Regards,

Akhil

13 pounds in one month is a pretty damn impressive result. Most plans stick to a pound per week, and you've more than tripled that, so good going!

Have you considered joining the next 6-Week Challenge? There are still a few days to get yourself organized, and it's a great way to set finite goals and make progress towards them.

Either way, congrats on your progress and good luck going forward!

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Dude... 160 is totally do-able. I'm 5'7 (an inch taller than you) and was 220 last May. Right now I'm 168 (still 18lbs from my personal goal). You CAN do it if you work hard and want it enough! Welcome aboard and good luck! :D

|
|

"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done."

"I can only be beaten in two ways: If I give up or if I die."