If I were a footballer I'd be dropped from the squad!

Hi Rangers one and all, old and new!

Some of you may remember me - i joined NF this time last year and it has made a real difference to my fitness. I've had a bit of a break, for various reasons, and this month is going to be challenging again - I'm booked to have minor surgery on September 15 and am told I have to take it easy for a couple of weeks after that.  Hmm so better do as much as possible before then!

I've taken it fairly easy over the summer and have definitely eaten and drunk a bit too much, so I need to burn off a little bit of fat, rediscover my abs and get back to running - I have signed up to do a 10k at the end of November.

Challenges are fairly simple:

Row 100 metres in under 30 seconds (I think I can do this but want to check!)

Run for 10 mins without stopping

Complete 20 full push-ups

NOT spend any money unless strictly necessary.

Looking forward to catching up with all you lovely Rangers!

• Like 4

Welcome back!

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thank you all! Got things off to an OK start today with a 5k walk/run (2 mins walk, 2 mins run) in just under 37 minutes. And that's in warm weather, I'm rubbish in warm weather.

I managed a couple of swims in the sea this summer. In the Atlantic, the northwest coast of Ireland, and the North Sea, North Norfolk coast. Felt quite Rangerly!

• Like 4

Welcome back, originalpiratematerial. It is awesome to see you getting back after it. I completely understand the warm weather running. Things are completely different now than when I was training in March and April. Looking forward to seeing how things go for you on your upcoming races. 

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

Welcome back! I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for Autumn so I can run without sweating from everywhere.

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Thanks Charlie!

Well, at least one of my goals for this challenge has been readjusted.  Turns out that rowing 100m in 30 seconds is not that hard, so my baseline now is 200m in 50 seconds, I will aim to do that at least twice a week in the next three weeks and ideally get the time below 50 seconds (will do intervals, best of three). 

I worked out at lunchtime and am (as ever) slightly depressed at just how quickly that upper body strength and muscle disappears (I am admittedly very puny, had put on a tiny bit of muscle before the summer, now back to drawing-board). 

• Like 3

Yay  for the quick level up in rowing. That shows you are pretty fit.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Sooo good to see you back! As for losing a bit of fitness over the summer – I'm right there with ya, it happens. You've impressed me with your commitment in the past, so I've no doubt you'll get back to where you left off in no time. Already having to adjust one of your goals up is a great start! Looking forward to some more pics...

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Current Challenge: |

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

| Apr '16 | Mar '16 | Feb '16 | Jan '16 | Nov/Dec '15 |

On 2016/08/30 at 4:21 PM, originalpiratematerial said:

Thanks Charlie!

Well, at least one of my goals for this challenge has been readjusted.  Turns out that rowing 100m in 30 seconds is not that hard, so my baseline now is 200m in 50 seconds, I will aim to do that at least twice a week in the next three weeks and ideally get the time below 50 seconds (will do intervals, best of three). 

I worked out at lunchtime and am (as ever) slightly depressed at just how quickly that upper body strength and muscle disappears (I am admittedly very puny, had put on a tiny bit of muscle before the summer, now back to drawing-board). 

Congrats on the rowing, told you sending a hippo after you will work ;) I'm not getting to my training due to life happening in spades here, so I don't even want to think about how much of my hard earned strength I'm loosing. But I'll get there, slowly but surely.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Thank you all, you lovely people, mwah!

Yesterday - no running but recorded over 16,400 steps on iphone, so not too shoddy.  Some other online friends are doing a "no processed sugar, no booze" thing on another forum, so I've joined that and have been good so far (it's only Day 3 though, and I'm not cutting out booze completely, but aiming to limit drinking days to two per week).

Gym again today - only had 30 minutes but it was fairly intense, did box squats, backward lunges with military press and leg raise, rowing intervals, inverted rows... Oh and I did my 200m interval rows and improved my time by 2 seconds - did the first interval in 48 seconds (and the second in 49.5 seconds).  What a difference 2 seconds makes eh.

Tomorrow I am going out with my boys (I'm not at work and they're not back at school until next week) so no running but lots of goofing around. 

• Like 3

It's all going very well so far (so something must be about to go wrong...:beguiled: )

I am back up to 10 minutes running without pausing or walking.

I did 20 push-ups this morning in the park - 10 straight and 10 with plank walkouts.

I did 10 negative chin-ups yesterday.  

Haven't spent money on unnecessary things although equipping the boys for the return to school has meant one helluva lot of large but necessary expenditure.  Oh well.  

Oh - and because of the forthcoming junior doctors' strike, I'm pretty sure my planned minor surgery on 15 September will be cancelled.  Which is good in one way, I guess, but bad in others.  I'm glad I joined in with this challenge, anyway!  

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, originalpiratematerial said:

I am back up to 10 minutes running without pausing or walking.

I did 20 push-ups this morning in the park - 10 straight and 10 with plank walkouts.

I did 10 negative chin-ups yesterday.

Wow! Way to go! Ouch on the surgery being put off.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Nice job with your challenge so far! I hope your surgery being pushed off doesn't cause any problems for you though. Hopefully they can just reschedule you to a better time!

• Like 1

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: KCAleece's Summer Alliance (Part 1)

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.

That was fantastic! Are those moves (whatever they are called) as hard and horrible as they look?

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Nice. I always feel pretty worn out anytime I combine dumbbells with a plank position and then add some form of movement, whether it's a row, a twist, a turn, or otherwise. I might have to give those a shot. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar