Step 1 on Angie_Phoenix's path to badassery

Angie_Phoenix

So my thread title should be "Path to consistent bad assery" because I've had some great moments. I've through hiked 180 miles, have my green belt, have done a couple of tough mudders, and have traveled quite a bit, 

I have issues with consistency though and despite my highs I also have lows, where I get a bit depressed, don't take care of myself, my home, or relationships the way I should. I gain weight, get less active, and my confidence goes way down as I beat myself up about it.

Catching it this time before rock bottom (though I've fallen far from doing well) and trying to take the steps I need to to keep it from happening again.

Long term my karate practice is a priority for me and I expect to set a lot of challenges around it so I joined monks but for now .... baby steps.  A bit challenge for me is going to be combating the feeling that I need to be doing EVERY challenge I can think of all at once out of the gate.  I'm sort of an all or nothing kind of person.

Diet-

At least 2 glasses of water a day (I did this yesterday pre formal goals, and have had one today)

Alcohol no more than 2 days a week (I'm starting this today- decided this am and not planning to drink today)

Exercise-

Walk 10 minutes a day (did a 3 hour hike yesterday and am planning to take the dog up a mountain in a couple hours)

Daily challenge (did yesterday's and today's)

Don’t miss a karate class (hasn't been one)

Life-

Log  on to nerd fitness every day (done yesterday and today)

Log diet/exercise on either my fitness pal/nerd fitness (starting today- decided this am)

Adulting-

Scoop the cat litter daily- (done yesterday, need to today)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Angie_Phoenix said:

A bit challenge for me is going to be combating the feeling that I need to be doing EVERY challenge I can think of all at once out of the gate.  I'm sort of an all or nothing kind of person.

Took me most of my first year at NF to realize all the things all the time was not the best option. 

Looks like a great challenge can't wait to see hwo it goes!

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

As I'm checking in I'm fighting the urge to say the things I did I don't feel good about (like I drank 5 glasses of water but also had 3 diet sodas).  I'm going to try to the extent I can to keep these positive, saying what I didn't do that was a goal but avoiding beating myself up for extra things.

Diet-

At least 2 glasses of water a day (5 today)

Alcohol no more than 2 days a week (Didn't drink today so haven't drank this week)

Exercise-

Walk 10 minutes a day (did a 45 minute hike)

Daily challenge (done)

Don’t miss a karate class (not a karate day)

Life-

Log  on to nerd fitness every day (here I am)

Log diet/exercise on either my fitness pal/nerd fitness (done)

Adulting-

Scoop the cat litter daily- (done)

Today was good but with no work and minimal plans i would expect to. I did some extra cleaning, gave the dog a bath, and did some goal setting and fitness blog reading.

• Like 2

Did you see anything cool on your hike? I love hearing other people's hiking stories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

We have an area local to me that is the ruins of a mansion of a costume designer from NYC.  She was famous for "entertaining"/it's always alluded to as s former brothel. The ruins are all stone and include a stone stairway. They are beautiful and there are rumors it's haunted. They say if you put your hands against the bricks you can hear the old musical (hasn't worked for me)

Then I walked down to a small old Cemetery from the mid-18th and early 19th century I'd never been to before.

The highlight for me was that we have a year old Sato puppy. Watching her play in a stream full of newts and frogs was great. 

• Like 1

Diet-

At least 2 glasses of water a day (at 7 likely will have one more before bed-didnt)

Alcohol no more than 2 days a week (Didn't drink today so haven't drank this week)

Exercise-

Walk 10 minutes a day (walked to and from lunch. Was at our subsidiary for work today vs. my main location so went and did an hour walk along Lake Champlain)

Daily challenge (done)

Life-

Log diet/exercise on either my fitness pal/nerd fitness (done up to now)

Adulting-

14192069_10154468526025789_3753875411654024408_n.jpg

Today was one of those mentally hard days for me and I super wanted to leave things undone but pushed through

Diet-

At least 2 glasses of water a day (had 5 will try for 6)

Exercise-

Walk 10 minutes a day (did a 20 minute walk with the husband and puppy post work. The puppy meant lots of stops for sniffing but still counts)

Daily challenge (done)

Don’t miss a karate class (went)

Life-

Log diet/exercise on either my fitness pal/nerd fitness (done up to now will do dinner post eating it)

Adulting-

• Like 2

Wow.  You are so me.  We even chose similar monikers.

I totally get the roller coaster ride of "DO ALL THE THINGS!!!" and then "do none of the things".  Good luck to both of us in finding balance.

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

4 hours ago, Phoenix Burning said:

Wow.  You are so me.  We even chose similar monikers.

I think I'm going to change my name here  when I can.  Phoenix is actually my LARP name so when confronted with having to pick a new one here I paniced and stuck with the familiar. I've played her for a very very long time.

Diet-

At least 2 glasses of water a day (5, might squeeze in one more)

Exercise-

Walk 10 minutes a day (30 minute walk with a friend)

Daily challenge (not done as of now. It's lunges and I have bad knees and am debating skipping)

Life-

Adulting-

Scoop the cat litter daily- (doing in the next few minutes)

Diet-

At least 2 glasses of water a day (4, might squeeze in one more- I am still making my 2 a day but I'm not enjoying it)

Exercise-

Walk 10 minutes a day (nope)

Daily challenge (nope again an injury led to me opting out)

Don’t miss a karate class (good long class)

Life-

Adulting-

Scoop the cat litter daily- (doing in the next few minutes)

On 9/3/2016 at 7:02 PM, Kishi said:

Neat! Always good to see more karate people about. What style do you do?

And would you say that you're not enjoying the water goal because you're drinking past the point of thirst? Or is it something else?

I do Shorin Ryu

and i've just never really enjoyed drinking water. I keep hoping it will grown on me or become a habit. I'm still probably not drinking as much as I should.

Also in an odd coincidence I played a character name Keshi (slightly different but quite similar) for the last two days at a LARP.

• Like 2

I've been at a LARP from early Friday am till late last night. Currently on recovery day.  

Diet-

At least 2 glasses of water a day (I did Friday. Didn't Saturday/Sunday)

Alcohol no more than 2 days a week (only did Sunday so met goal for the week)

Exercise-

Walk 10 minutes a day (absolutely)

Daily challenge (nope)

Don’t miss a karate class (no classes)

Life-

Log  on to nerd fitness every day (nope)

Log diet/exercise on either my fitness pal/nerd fitness (nope)

Adulting-

Scoop the cat litter daily- (did when I got home Sunday)

Week 1 totals- Water 6 out of 7 days. Alcohol only once. Walked 6/7. Daily challenge only 3/7 days. Made all karate classes. Logged on 5/7 days. Logged food 5/7. Cat litter 5/7.  Being away made it unique. It was an event we were throwing too.  The impact will flow into this week too but there isn't anything else planned that will be a challenge in the near future.

To me, it sounds like you've knocked it out of the park so far- keep it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

For not liking water, I'm gonna suggest getting a pitcher of it in the fridge with some fresh mint leaves or some slices of cucumber (or lemon).  It'll taste better cold and with a hint of something in it, without bending the water nature of the challenge by adding herbal tea or anything.  (Although herbal tea is also a thing that also is water.)

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Diet-

At least 2 glasses of water a day- done

Alcohol no more than 2 days a week- none today

Exercise-

Walk 10 minutes a day- done 

Daily challenge - nope back to it tomorrow

Don’t miss a karate class- no classes

Life-

Log  on to nerd fitness every day- done

Log diet/exercise on either my fitness pal/nerd fitness- done

Adulting-

Scoop the cat litter daily- not yet. Might be skipping today.

• Like 3

Well now, this whole getting back on track thing would have been easier if I hadn't blown out my back.  I can now barely walk.I had to go for an emergency chiropractor appointment today, and need to go back tomorrow and Friday. I'm in a lot of pain. Like to the point where I procrastinate on peeing because getting too/from the toilet hurts.

Diet-

At least 2 glasses of water a day- done

Alcohol no more than 2 days a week- none today

Exercise-

Walk 10 minutes a day- I couldn't even walk but I think I will be able to tomorrow

Daily challenge - likely not for awhile

Don’t miss a karate class- likely not for awhile

Life-

Log  on to nerd fitness every day- done and it is really hard to not just use this as a reason to give up on everything till I heal

Log diet/exercise on either my fitness pal/nerd fitness- done

Adulting-

Scoop the cat litter daily- being taken care of by a friend till I can bend.

Oh, no!  You are the second rebel I know to hurt their back this challenge.  I hope you are felling better soon.  During injury recovery is when your life and diet goals become extra important.  I would encourage you to focus on those things you can still do (drink water, limit alcohol, track on MFP, etc) and not worry about what you can't do.

• Like 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Hope your back feels better! 

11 hours ago, Phoenix Burning said:

During injury recovery is when your life and diet goals become extra important.  I would encourage you to focus on those things you can still do (drink water, limit alcohol, track on MFP, etc) and not worry about what you can't do.

^ I second this. Also, don't feel like you failed the challenge because of it. Life happens, and you're still doing what you can. 

• Like 1

Try not, do or do not- Yoda