Hello nerdy rebels/ rebellious nerds!

So I joined last year with good intentions but a lot of things changed in my life that made it very hard to cope and care for myself. I won't go into too many details but it made things very difficult and so I abandoned ship and focused on getting happy first.

Well now I'm happy. Also fatter and more puddinglike in appearance than ever.

My long-term goal is to lose 30kg, hopefully by this time next year. My short term goal is to lose 10kg every 4months because it adds up mathematically, heh. I'd also like to be able to do a handstand and the splits. I feel like it'll come in handy. Maybe as a cool party trick, maybe when I become the next Sailor Scout, who knows?

I always feel optimistic, but now I feel especially so! I aim to run 3x a week (5k, trying to increase to 10k by December) and fill in the free time with regular trips to the gym (2-3 times a week). My main issue is food, I emotional eat *and* emotional bake - bad combo! 

Anyway just wanted to say hi again :D Second time's the charm right? (I know it's not right, but let's pretend it is, hmm?)

• Like 2

Respawning just makes us come back stronger and cooler than we were in the first draft! 

I totally want to follow along with the splits goal. That is actually one of myhigh-XP things that I want to do because I've never been able to and I waaaaant it. You've got this, NerdyPudding!

• Like 1

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

Welcome back!

For exercise, there are lots of ideas for workouts in the nerdfitness.com blog. If you're interested in weightlifting, the Warriors could point you in the right direction.

For diet, well, that's less straightforward. You'll want to pick a couple of things you want to improve on, e.g. eat more vegetables or cut out junk-food snacks, and focus on those first.

Personally, I love the 4-week challenges. They'll give you accountability and advice from other nerds who are often working on similar goals.

We're currently in the middle of a challenge, but don't let that stop you - just consider it a practice run! The challenge forums are organized by "guild," which is nerd-speak for groups organized around area of interest: Warriors are strength trainers and power lifters, Assassins are parkour and agility enthusiasts, Druids are more spiritually oriented, etc. Rebels are those who either haven't picked another guild yet or don't want to.

To start your challenge, just pick whichever guild seems most interesting to you right now and click the "Start new topic" button, and post your challenge, then update it periodically with your progress. That's all there is to it.

Good luck on your journey!

• Like 1

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin