The introvert who tried to go it alone...

So I tried to do this alone. But that sucks so here I am!

Where I am:

• 45 lbs overweight
  • Recovering from broken ankle
  • 3rd Geup in WTF Taekwondo
  • On the "Midwest" diet (meat & potatoes) for the entirety of my life. I'm working on fruits. Vegetables have been intolerably bitter (read: I gag when I eat them).

Where I want to be in an ideal world:

• In the middle of my BMI range/lookin' good
  • Injury-free
  • 1st Dan Black in WTF Taekwondo (and continuing to train)
  • Paleo diet (I did say my ideal world ;) )

there's some veggies that aren't terrible I figure. I used to have the gagging stuff (especially with cabbage family veggies).

mind you if you have trouble with veggies, I can recommend curries :) great way to hide things.. char meat, add curry paste, stir on high heat, add leek, onion, capsicum, or carrot (finely chopped). add coconut milk. presto. have with rice or on potatoes, works either way

I have curry at least twice a week and it's essential in me getting my daily dose.

Oh I can help your hatred of veggies... dont like em'? wrap em' in bacon. There, problem solved your welcome :D

Welcome and best of luck to you! :)

|
|

"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done."

"I can only be beaten in two ways: If I give up or if I die."

Welcome to the Rebellion. I am currently going this completely alone too, at least out in the real world. The friend who wanted to get fit with me has decided she no longer has the time to really put in the effort. All that said you will find lots of support and caring people on the forums. I'm here rooting for you man! I also practiced some Tae Kwon Do, but now i'm a ninja :)

Veggie-hating meat-and-tater-eater here, too... well, formerly!

Here-here! Welcome :) (eating my spinach salad as we speak)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

I also hate cabbage. *noms on a cabbage roll* Still do, actually!

Fun fact: Mustard and hot sauce can go ENORMOUS lengths to helping. They are extremely low calorie, and depending on how you acquire it can actually be good for you (I make my own mustard and hot sauce, it's fun, cheap and delicious). Also, slowly easing them into your diet. Onions and lettuce on burgers: Now I can't live without them. Green peppers on a pizza: a necessity. Black olives on a sub: super awesome, and with a nice, meaty texture. Over the last two years, I've gotten to the point where I can now eat these veggies raw, by the handful, SO I have started removing the pizza crust and bread from my meals. A wrap of leftover diced pork roast, onions, peppers, garlic, mustard and hot sauce wrapped up in a cabbage leaf just tastes like spicy meat now. I am living off of these, and LOVING them.

But it will take time to get there.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides.