New Recruit, Reporting for Duty!

Greetings everyone! I just discovered NerdFitness a few weeks ago, and after going through my trial period of a new website, I've found that I absolutely love this one and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites (almost to the level of automatic loading upon browser startup!).

After reading the challenge article, I decided to sign-up and take part, not only in the challenge, but in the community as well.

Now for a brief history of myself:

Growing up I was introduced to martial arts (Judo / TKD / Kickboxing) at a very young age, and was actually pretty adept (traveled to a tourney in Manila at age 7, didn't place though). After that I hung up the gi and played football, threw shot-put / discus, and even dabbled in powerlifting in high school.

After graduation though, my physical activity dropped to 0. I went up to nearly 300 lb (297 was my highest point).

After some life-change experiences in 2010 that involved my losing weight to impress my girlfriend of 5 years (dropped to 220) and a denied proposal, I completely turned my life around. I went into the lab and just set a course to change what I felt was every negative aspect of my life.

Which brings me here today. I've decided 2012 would really put my nose to the grind stone and get things done. I'm determined to do things like reach single digit body fat%, break some rather large numbers in lifts, get really, really tricky (See: Tricking), and a whole slew of other goals.

Oh, I'm also extremely nerdy. At work, instead of listening to music I listen to college lectures (for free!) even though I've already put in my time for a degree. I play video games religiously (except until Easter, I gave them up for Lent :/ )

So, that should give you a general idea of me. Feel free to ask any questions or catch me on any of the other boards. Thanks!

My Fitocracy
My Facebook
My PSN: Judo_Panda
My SteamID: Astroboi

HI welcome!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hey, I'm new myself. So much stuff to go through I don't even know where to begin.

An' you got to be a good guy Jesse.You gotta be like John Wayne: you don't take no shit off fools,an' you judge a person by what's in 'em, not how they look. An' you do the right thing. You gotta be one of the good guys, son: 'cause there's way too many of the bad. Pfc John Custer

Hey guys!

And Dev, don't let it overwhelm you. You're not up against a clock! Click wherever you like and read what you like at your own pace. I usually just go to whatever interests me first. I know I'll be spending time at the barbarian guild and the caveman guild. As for the main sites blog posts, just start with the most recent and work your way back, following links as you

My Fitocracy
My Facebook
My PSN: Judo_Panda
My SteamID: Astroboi