Howdy. My name's Susan. Nice to meetcha! :)

I'm not exactly sure where to start, so I guess I'll just start at the beginning (brilliant, I know). I've been heavy my entire life thanks to a fondness for all things fried, bready, cheesy, and sugary, and just finally snapped last year when I was *trying* to fit into my wedding dress. Well, it ended up fitting just fine, but it was a very close thing. I'm fortunate that my fiance (now husband) was super supportive and willing to do whatever it took. I found an excellent trainer who kicked my ass in the way I needed for it to be kicked, and that's how I discovered that I LOVE to workout.

This sounds like a success story, yay! But wait! I didn't clean up my eating. Chips and dip are my very favorite thing in the world, and I'd eat them every day all day - with a little Chick-Fil-A thrown in for variety. No way in hell was I going to give that cheesy, chippy goodness up. Well, that was dumb. Hah!

Fast forward a couple of months, and here we are. I can plank with the best of them, run 3 miles for the first time in my entire life, and squat 205lbs (on a good day). BUT! And it's a Big Butt! (haha I crack myself up), I haven't really lost any weight. Yeah I know that muscle weighs more than fat, and I've gained some major muscle, but I'm not dropping the fat in a proportionate manner.

So, my husband introduced me to this website, via a friend of his who lurves the Paleo-diet thingie, and all of a sudden it all clicked. Duh! So, I've been eating Paleo for almost a week now, and I feel fantabulous! I've posted in the current 6 week challenge, and I can't wait to start working on my goals.

It's nice that there is a forum that you can go to where people just *get it* because it doesn't happen often. I'm excited to be part of a community that knows how it is, cares about other peoples' struggles, and wants to help each level up. :)

Current Challenge

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Mens sana in corpore sano

Welcome! I too know the sultry call that is Chick-Fil-A and the battle that can be! We're glad to have ya!

My Fitocracy Profile

“I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer. / Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. / I will face my fear. / I will permit it to pass over me and through me. / And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. / Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. / Only I will remain.†– Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

Mmmmm chick fil a..... *snaps out of it.

Ohai! Welcome!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis