To join the academy, or not to join the academy?

Hi my name is warhorseman, for a while I've been thinking about joining the academy as soon as I've given it enough thought, and have enough money to afford it. When I first started looking at the price, it was $99, personally I didn't think it was that bad of a price, I was more wondering if I could commit to it or not; now that I'm more sure about joining, I saw that the price jumped up to $149, sending doubts into my plan, so now I'm contemplating if the program is really worth the price. A little help please?

• Like 1

Hah, decisions, decisions. I wish Steve would give new members a free weekend trial so they can decide for themselves if it's really worth the price or not, I mean it sounds fair right?

Though I do have one other question, I don't always keep up with the newsletters, so outside of the payment plan, does the academy give special price deals from time to time?

On September 6, 2016 at 10:55 AM, warhorseman said:

Hah, decisions, decisions. I wish Steve would give new members a free weekend trial so they can decide for themselves if it's really worth the price or not, I mean it sounds fair right?

Look at the refund policy.

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Though I do have one other question, I don't always keep up with the newsletters, so outside of the payment plan, does the academy give special price deals from time to time?

I don't think they do special pricing. For me committing the money made me more likely to use it. I have seen great results personally and I'm only at level 4 of the bodyweight stuff.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I joined the Academy back in the beginning of June. Since then, I have lost around 25 pounds just from the nutrition program alone. I have yet to even start any exercise (beyond going for a walk or short hike every now and then) but I am joining a gym tomorrow to get started on the exercise program. To me, the mindset portion is worth the price of admission alone.

What price are you truly going to put on your well-being? Take 3 months to pay if need be, it spreads it out, but knowing what I know now, I would not hesitate to join and I wish I had joined earlier.

• Like 2

There's an ancient wisdom I should have heeded long ago. If only I had recgnized its truth applies as much to me as to all men. True happiness is found along a middle road; there lies the balance and the harmony, with reason and emotion not at war but hand in hand.

My Battle Log

18 hours ago, Arthur Curry said:

I joined the Academy back in the beginning of June. Since then, I have lost around 25 pounds just from the nutrition program alone. I have yet to even start any exercise (beyond going for a walk or short hike every now and then) but I am joining a gym tomorrow to get started on the exercise program. To me, the mindset portion is worth the price of admission alone.

What price are you truly going to put on your well-being? Take 3 months to pay if need be, it spreads it out, but knowing what I know now, I would not hesitate to join and I wish I had joined earlier.

Congrats on losing so much weight! That's amazing! I'm curious about the nutrition program. What all does it involve? Is it possible for a vegan to adjust it to fit their needs? Also do you have to go to the gym to participate in this program? I am more than willing to shell out the money if it works with my fitness level and lifestyle. 

11 hours ago, CloneClubber said:

Congrats on losing so much weight! That's amazing! I'm curious about the nutrition program. What all does it involve? Is it possible for a vegan to adjust it to fit their needs? Also do you have to go to the gym to participate in this program? I am more than willing to shell out the money if it works with my fitness level and lifestyle. 

Thanks, I just joined the gym today as promised! Nutrition is paleo based, but I can imagine you can tailor it to your lifestyle easily. As far as the gym is concerned, there are two ways of doing the levels for the fitness aspect, one is the gym and one is bodyweight, so if you are happy doing exercises at home the bodyweight path is for you. If you need the gym, like I think I do, then that is your path. Options a plenty!

There's an ancient wisdom I should have heeded long ago. If only I had recgnized its truth applies as much to me as to all men. True happiness is found along a middle road; there lies the balance and the harmony, with reason and emotion not at war but hand in hand.

My Battle Log

9 hours ago, Arthur Curry said:

Thanks, I just joined the gym today as promised! Nutrition is paleo based, but I can imagine you can tailor it to your lifestyle easily. As far as the gym is concerned, there are two ways of doing the levels for the fitness aspect, one is the gym and one is bodyweight, so if you are happy doing exercises at home the bodyweight path is for you. If you need the gym, like I think I do, then that is your path. Options a plenty!

Ohh I like that there are two options, gym or home. Seriously that might have sold me....*scrounges for cash*

2 hours ago, RandMart said:

I doubt that anyone who has gone through the Academy would say it's a waste of money.As @Myrik said above, if you've made a monetary investment, that might add motivation to stick with it

On the other hand, I see a few posts in the Respawn thread that say something to the effect of "I started [or went through] the Academy, and was doing pretty well, but then ..." so it doesn't always take the first time

YMMV

Well replacing bad habits with good habits is always a pain in the butt, so I wouldn't hold it against them.

But after further thinking, I think I will give this a shot, but it still won't be for awhile, because with winter coming I have to start saving up for de-winterizing my house. XP

So in the mean time, I'll stick with a bodyweight program I've found.

A few more academy questions: 

1. What is the difference between the Men's and Women's academy?

2. The payment plan. I see a place to input credit card info but when does it let you set up a payment plan? I don't want to accidentally pay the full $150 right off the bat. 

3. Are the free characters we create at Levelupyourlife.com connected to the academy?

7 hours ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

2. The payment plan. I see a place to input credit card info but when does it let you set up a payment plan? I don't want to accidentally pay the full $150 right off the bat. 

3. Are the free characters we create at Levelupyourlife.com connected to the academy?

I have been wondering exactly these three questions! Hope you get an answer :)   

• Like 1

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

23 hours ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

1. I know there's a separate Facebook for the guys.  Otherwise, I really haven't seen anything noticeably "gendered" inside the Academy itself.

2. Down at the bottom of http://www.nerdfitness.com/academy-overview-page/, right underneath the big green boxes is a link to do it with payments instead of lump sum.

3.  When I go to levelupyourlife.com, it pulls my character from the Academy.

I hope that helps.

I jumped in right before the price jump (like, the last day it was still $99).  Yes, I've respawned several times already, but I'm still at least doing SOMETHING, and the ladies in the Facebook group are awesome.  The motivation modules alone are probably worth the cost for me.

Oh, and FYI, if you're looking for something a bit cheaper to stave it off for a bit...Level Up Your Life is on sale on Audible today for $2.95. 

• Like 1

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. - Joan Gussow

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. - Cicero

Current Quest Previous 1 2 3 4 (formerly known as Twibble)