The ARGH Thread

ARG! I'm at work, and it's a sport afternoon for the kids. I have no work to do and am bored. The disgusting Oreos in the bottom drawer of my desk are calling to me, even though I don't want them. I'm trying to watch 'The Skinny on Obesity' on YouTube but the other teachers are talking so loudly in Korean I can't hear it, even with headphones in.

Also, today's school lunch was horrible (cold soup with acorn jelly was a feature), so I'm hungry, hot, bored, and trying not to eat junk.

To top it all off, I just found out that my best friend in Korea has to leave unexpectedly next weekend because her dad's just been diagnosed with cancer. I spend a lot of my social time with her, and I make friends so slowly. Our friendship was just building into something decent after 8 months. Bummed.

Thank goodness it's Friday. Only 2.5 hours until I can go home.

I'm not sure I can hold out on the cookies much longer... run.... save yourselves...

Edit: 10 minutes until home time, and I am cookie free. There's a hard boiled egg in my fridge with my name on it! I'm still sad about my friend leaving, but at least I'm not bloated and sad.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Boys are dumb.. well some of them anyway. when you invite your friend to a wedding and she already got the day off and a dress, why would you invite someone else and not even tell the original person. then act like its all cool and whatever. seriously She doesn't even know anyone going to the wedding and doesnt hang out with any of them. ... now I have a night off work, nothing to do and my 2 best friends are going to the wedding without me. WTF. the groom said it was awesome if we all went but now boy is telling everyone he is only taking her.... i dont understand!!!

*** please place your autograph on the line _____ ; so I can sell it on EBAY when you are famous ***

On vacation at my moms house and she doesn't understand paleo/primal and i think shes adding things I don't eat to food without telling me and won't let me help cook. Now I have a stomach ache. Lovely. Good thing she warned me that there's sugar in the deviled eggs (who does that???)

Sigh. Home in 2 days.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

AARGH! Bought 3Kg (6.5lbs) of frozen chicken breasts about three weeks ago because their base price is lower and they were on sale (practically giving them away!). Initially I wasn't worried about the salt content (1200mg/serving) because I'm usually way under the recommended max anyways (~2300mg). But with these things I feel like I have to constantly juggle everything else I eat throughout the day just so I don't over-consume salt. It's starting to wear on me. I definitely won't be buying these things again.

Less Aargh: watching people freeze with a lack of comprehension when I explain that I'm not avoiding fat in my diet...

Person: You should try 'product X', it's low fat!

Me: I'm not avoiding fat. Actually, my diet is quite high in fat - almost half of my nutrient intake is through fat.

Person: ...

Heh.

Kewilson - Misfit Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Operation Phoenix: 6-Week Challenge Thread

STR: 2 (+2), DEX: 0 (+1), STA: 3 (+0), CON: 4 (+0), WIS: 5 (+0), CHA: 1 (+3)

Argh. I really wanted to go to the gym today, I had my clothes all laid out and everything, and my stomach is flat-out issuing a veto. Maybe if I lie here on the couch long enough it will stop threatening to reverse course every time I move.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

Argh! My gym is being sold! I need to find another one in my chain that's close to work! This better not mess up my routine!

Double Argh! My back up gym is also being sold!!!

Been looking for a non-comercial gym alternative, but they really are nowhere as convinient in terms of location or hours. And their sites are sorely lacking in useful information.

On vacation at my moms house and she doesn't understand paleo/primal and i think shes adding things I don't eat to food without telling me and won't let me help cook. Now I have a stomach ache. Lovely. Good thing she warned me that there's sugar in the deviled eggs (who does that???)

Sigh. Home in 2 days.

Sugar in deviled eggs? Blech!

Argh, I wanted to go out with friends today and I ended up with a major migraine and spent all day sleeping instead.

I miss eating paleo. I felt a lot better on it. But theres just no way on $30 a week at most. And I don't by crap food like chips, sodas, sweets, etc. My diet is mainly oatmeal, sandwiches and fruits/veggies plus one big pot of something in a crockpot for the week. But ya do what ya gotta do right? :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Wake Your Dreams...

ARGH! I just paid for flights and accommodation to my bosses wedding in Queenstown in 5 months ($900) - came in to work this morning to find out he's changed the venue, and is now getting married in the city we live in. :|

Now I have to cancel flights and accom, try to claim back lost expenses on travel insurance. He's offered to pay for any money I miss out on. He's a good boss really, just a bit disorganised (to my extreme planning and organisation).

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

Added to the list of things I cannot recommend: trying to explain the concept of microloading to a hapless and bewildered Home Depot worker in order to put a stop to his increasingly desperate and creative guesses as to why I might want a washer weighing precisely 1.25 pounds.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

ARGH! After joining a Uni gym about 5 weeks ago I hit a snag.

Being a Uni gym they have facilities at the halls and on campus. I've been using the one at the halls, but they're building a fancy new gym there so it's closed for the next two months. No problem, I thought, just go to one of the two on campus (one small and old, the other a big, shiney private one the uni just bought). Last night I trekked down there, and found that NEITHER of them have a squat rack!!!

Plus to make matters worse it was the Olympic torch relay last night, so what should have been 10-15 minutes each way took me 30 mins to get there and an hour to get back.

Very not impressed, plus have nowhere to work out now and more than a little worried that come September there won't be a squat rack at all :(

Level 2 Ranger
Aspiring to awesomeness

Wow lots of good arghs here. I have a few to add:

ARGH. I am too fat for my pants. Even my fat pants.

ARGH. My gym has no staffed hours tomorrow (July 4). I am tired of skipping workouts. I can try to tailgate behind someone who has 24/7 access, but they might not let me and also if they let me they might lose their membership.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Being a Uni gym they have facilities at the halls and on campus. I've been using the one at the halls, but they're building a fancy new gym there so it's closed for the next two months. No problem, I thought, just go to one of the two on campus (one small and old, the other a big, shiney private one the uni just bought). Last night I trekked down there, and found that NEITHER of them have a squat rack!!!

Plus to make matters worse it was the Olympic torch relay last night, so what should have been 10-15 minutes each way took me 30 mins to get there and an hour to get back.

Very not impressed, plus have nowhere to work out now and more than a little worried that come September there won't be a squat rack at all :(

I'm sorry to hear that. You should kill them with fire. :(

I'm also more than a little surprised to hear it. Uni gyms are usually really good about the lifting equipment, from what I hear. Or maybe I'm just biased because Edinburgh is. (God I wish the uni gym was on my bus route.)

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

ASK!!! If they haven't set their plans yet, your question might push them to keep a squat rack after the renovation. Also, if they're not keeping it, now is the time to see if they are selling it cheap! You could end up with a Woot instead of an Argh!

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

ASK!!! If they haven't set their plans yet, your question might push them to keep a squat rack after the renovation. Also, if they're not keeping it, now is the time to see if they are selling it cheap! You could end up with a Woot instead of an Argh!

That's my plan :)

In fact they should be back from their lunch break now so I believe I have a phone call to make.

Level 2 Ranger
Aspiring to awesomeness

I'm sorry to hear that. You should kill them with fire. :(

I'm also more than a little surprised to hear it. Uni gyms are usually really good about the lifting equipment, from what I hear. Or maybe I'm just biased because Edinburgh is. (God I wish the uni gym was on my bus route.)

I was quite surprised - thought they'd be better than they were, at least the bits that have always been Uni gym! I do certainly wish they were closer, but it's worth crossing the city for at the price they charge!

Killing with fire is an option, but if I do then they definitely won't buy me a squat rack, so I'll give them that option first.

Level 2 Ranger
Aspiring to awesomeness

grr argh.

was supposed to have a date tomorrow night. and it got cancelled. A has class and wasn't expecting to be there tomorrow, but it is in session. GRRRR.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter