I Am Infinite - The Experiment

Lotzo here! Young, unfit, and fearless on this attempt to kickstart my future. I want  to be able to travel the world, to trust and feel confident in my own body. I want to be able to climb mountains without heaving and huffing. I want to push myself in diet and exercise. I want to become stronger and better and face challenges. 

I'm currently balancing school and work and fitness and diet, which is honestly quite difficult. It doesn't help that I'm also balancing depression, anxiety, and ADD. Hopefully NF is going to give me the motivation and discipline to get myself into fitness. I've already being doing a ParkRun (5k) every week, been writing a diary since January, and have a beautifully organised set of bookcases. However, last years school scores were utterly terrible and I need to get my academic act up. I also want to gain enough strength to run a 10k obstacle course (WolfRun) in April, and loose enough weight to comfortably do week hikes in next October. 

My battle log will keep track of my stats, my challenges, and anything else I feel is important. But this is it for now, 

So, there may be more, but for now, conquer yourself and make physics itself obey you!

~Lotzo

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Epic Quest :

Mt Denali (Fitness):

• Able to do a leg squat (currently I can't balance well enough)
  • Handstand
  • Splits (haven't been able to do them for 8 years)
  • Pull-up/chin-up
  • Muscle up (only after the previous)
  • Handstand Push-up
  • Backflip
  • Any flip
  • Dive Roll
  • Marathon (of any length)
  • Join a martial arts class
  • Thru-hike
  • Triple crown
  • Camino de Santiago
  • LEJOG
  • Base Camp
  • Dance Onstage
  • Done a wall climbing class
  • Done a martial arts class
  • Try out aerial skills
  • Complete an OCR
  • Complete a Parkour Route

Mt Puncak Jaya (Culture)

• Learn Braille
  • Learn Morse Code
  • Learn BSL
  • Learn Arabic
  • Learn Hebrew
  • Learn Russian
  • Learn German
  • Learn French
  • Learn music theory
  • Form more concrete goals for these

Mt Elbrus (Personal)

• Dance + Sing in the rain
  • Drive aimlessly for 3 hours
  • Travel in an open back jeep
  • Look at the stars on an open plain
  • Build my own house
  • Become a locksmith
  • Create a WTGHTF bag
  • Fly a plane/helicopter
  • Meet a celebrity
  • Get a tattoo (or three)
  • Touch a liger
  • Go to San Diego Comic Con
  • Fish
  • Learn a coding language
  • Become proficient at Linux to upgrade to Kali

Mt Kilimanjaro (Arts)

• Read the entire Bible
  • Write a novel
  • Write a tv show
  • Perform (with the viola)
  • Perform in the street (busking)
  • Name 10 constellations
  • Flashmob
  • Sell something I made
  • Make stretching in the mornings a habit

Mt Aconcagua (Altruism)

• Help an animal shelter
  • Get a DBS check
  • First Aid certification
  • Grow an edible garden
  • Meditate every morning
  • Volunteer at a charity

Mt Everest (Travel)

• Visit megalithic temples of Malta
  • Visit Faroe Islands

• South America
    • Carnival
    • Christ the Redeemer
    • Machu Picchu
    • Easter Island
  • North America (not including places on thru hikes)
    • Niagra Falls
    • NF Camp
    • Statue of Liberty
    • Bio luminescent bay (Puerto Rico?)
    • Grand Canyon
    • Alaska
    • Rockies Road Trip
    • NASA
    • Orlando Harry Potter
    • Mount Rushmore
  • Europe
    • 6 month backpacking trip
    • Anne Frank house
    • Aurora
    • Athens
    • Dublin
    • Berlin Wall
    • Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
    • Visit standing stones circle in Portugal
  • Asia
    • Jerusalem
    • Bethlehem
    • Diwali in India
    • Lake Baikal (Russia)
    • Great Wall of China
    • Malaysia
    • Myanmar
    • Phnom Penh
    • Moscow
    • Taj Mahal
  • Africa
    • Victoria Falls
    • Angel Falls
    • Pyramids
    • Safari
    • Table Moutain
    • Visit Hathor Temple in Dendera, Egypt
  • Oz
    • Red Carpet Tour
    • Te Araroa
  • General
    • Climb a glacier
    • Visit all 7 continents
    • Climb tallest Mt in each

And there ya have it. Something worth living for, worth striving towards. Plans to better myself, so I can live through the zombie apocalypse. I'm probably going to edit this so it looks better and has more of a story behind it, but for now, I just wanted to get it all down on paper (well, internet paper)

• Like 1

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Signature :

Lotzo

Halfling | Rebel | Lv 0 

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Character | Challenge 1 | Battle Log

Challenge One

Lotzo stepped out the front door of her home, quietly closing it behind her as the morning birds began their songs. She bent down to lace her trainers ( hiking boots / elven slippers / winged sandals / barefoot / gnomish boots ), then straighten, stretching up to the sky. Her music was plugged in and an appropriately upbeat tune started in her ears. Jump on the spot, stretch the legs, and then Lotzo began to run down the road (through the forest, on the beach, over the hills).

Image result for running gif

Hi, I'm Lotzo, starting off my journey with NF and experimenting with the different kind of challenges. I did read the website a while ago and start implementing the habit techniques into my life, but I figured some accountability could only be helpful. I want to become strong and able to trust in my own body. I struggle slightly with climbing mountains - despite it being a love - due to the difficulty of climbing the steep peaks, and not trusting myself to jump over the streams or even get up. Your worst enemy is always yourself.

Quest 1 - Diet

Quest 2 - Run

Quest 3 - Work

Quest 4 - Skin

Quest 1 : Diet

Have a daily Paleo breakfast.

I had been regularly drinking a banana smoothie for breakfast, but then the summer holidays it kind of dissapeared. Now I don't have any desire to drink it or make anything egg-based, so I need to find some other alternative for cereal.

21 days + (+4 CON)

15 days + (+2 CON)

7 days +   (+1 CON)

Quest 2 : Run

Run 4 times a week.

I've been doing a ParkRun (5k) every Saturday for a while, but I want to improve my speed by running during the week. I will be using the ZombiesRun! C25k app, with the main app once a week. I will get to strength training, but I currently prefer running, so I will get working out in a routine first, and then build up on that.

16 days + (+2 STA, +2 DEX)

12 days + (+2 STA)

8 days +   (+1 STA)

Quest 3 : Work

Do my studies every day (minus Sunday)

Last year's school exams were incredibly humbling, and I need to step my game up 100%. I have a set two hours every night to stick to, and get homework done and additional research. Though this may seem a lot, it is necessary to do as well as I hope to this year.

21 days + (+4 WIS)

15 days + (+2 WIS)

7 days +   (+1 WIS)

Quest 4 : Skin

To do my skincare routine every day.

My skin is still oily despite leaving puberty far behind, and I want to take care of my stretch marks as well. Every morning after my shower I will spend five minutes taking care of my skin.

21 days + (+3 CHA)

15 days + (+2 CHA)

7 days +   (+1 CHA)

• Like 1

It was a quiet run down the road, with the morning sun washing everything in a soft pink and orange haze. Lotzo's breathing evened out and she began to enjoy it, when she turned a corner and bumped into a shadow. Their features were hidden under the cowl of a hood and Lotzo felt a chill run down her spine. She tried to apologise and turned to run away, when a bony hand caught her elbow. Menacing laughter filled the air as the entities' other hand plunged into her stomach, into and through. Her stomach felt too full, nearly to the point of bursting, when the hand withdrew. In the skeletal hand was a shining orb of light, purples mixing with orange into green, blending into a bright blinding white. Lotzo staggered, feeling like everything had grown darker and emptier, and watched helplessly as the shadow began running down the road.

Locations for future challenges :

• Space (Station)
  • Forest
  • Mythology
  • Youth
  • D&D
  • Victorian
  • Fandom based?
  • At sea
  • Deserted Island
  • In a computer
  • Hacker!verse
  • Superhero
  • Vampire
  • Magic (Harry Potter)
  • Crime Scene
  • Like 1

Future Challenges

• Bodyweight Workouts
  • Music
  • NaNoWriMo
  • Coding
  • Fundraising
  • Budgeting
  • Art
  • Job
  • Reading
  • Gardening
  • Yoga
  • Astronomy
  • Dancing
  • Parkour
  • Journaling
  • Like 1

WEEK MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN
1 Rest 3 m run 5 x 400 3 m run Rest 3 m run 5 m run
2 Rest 3 m run 30 min tempo 3 m run Rest 3 m fast 5 m run
3 Rest 3 m run 6 x 400 3 m run Rest 4 m run 6 m run
4 Rest 3 m run 35 min tempo 3 m run Rest Rest 5-K Test
5 Rest 3 m run 7 x 400 3 m run Rest 4 m fast 6 m run
6 Rest 3 m run 40 min tempo 3 m run Rest 5 m run 7 m run
7 Rest 3 m run 8 x 400 3 m run Rest 5 m fast 7 m run
8 Rest 3 m run 30 min tempo 2 m run Rest Rest 5-K Race

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/50934/5K-Intermediate-Training-Program

However, I will be moving each of the days one back. So Monday is Sunday, Sunday is Saturday, etc.

On the other hand, it doesn't have any stretch&strengthen days.

WEEK MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN MILES
1 3 m run + strength 3 m run 30 min tempo run 3 m run + strength Rest 60 min cross 4 m run 16
2 3 m run + strength 3.5 m run 6 x 400 5-K pce 4 m run + strength Rest 60 min cross 5 m run 20
3 3 m run + strength 4 m run 35 min tempo run 3 m run + strength Rest 60 min cross 3 m run 17
4 3 m run + strength 4.5 m run 7 x 400 5-K pace 4 m run + strength Rest 60 min cross 5 m run 22
5 3 m run + strength 5.0 m run 40 min tempo run 3 m run + strength Rest 60 min cross 6 m run 23
6 3 m run + strength 5.5 m run 8 x 400 5-K pace 4 m run + strength Rest 60 min cross 4 m run 22
7 3 m run + strength 6 m run 45 min tempo run 3 m run + strength Rest 60 min cross 7 m run 25
8 3 m run + strength 3 m run 4 x 400 5-K pace 1-3 m run Rest Rest or 60 min cross 8-K 
Race

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51097/8K-Intermediate-Training-Program

This one is very similar, but it is lacking a second rest day, which I feel is more necessary. 

Week Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 30 min + chases 30 min easy 25 min + chases 30 min easy 30 min easy 3.1 m slow Rest
2 30 min + chases 30 min easy 40 min + chases 30 min speed 30 min easy 3.7 m slow Rest
3 40 min + chases 40 min easy 40 min + chases 35 min speed 30 min easy 4.3 m slow Rest
4 30 min + chases 30 min easy 30 min + chases 30 min easy 30 min easy 5 m slow Rest
5 45 min + chases 40 min easy 45 min + chases 40 min speed 30 min easy 5.6 m slow Rest
6 45 min + chases 45 min easy 45 min + chases 45 min speed 30 min easy 6.2 m slow Rest
7 30 min + chases 40 min easy 45 min + chases 45 min speed 30 min easy 4.3 m slow Rest
8 25 min + chases 40 min easy 30 min + chases 25 min speed 20 min easy 3.1 m fast  

This is the programme from Zombies!Run 5k Expert Training Plan.

I think that I need to add more rest days (eg remove the 30 min easy on Fridays) and need to find a way to combine strength training in as well. 

WEEK MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN
1 3 m run 5 x 400 Strength Rest Yoga 5 m run Rest
2 3 m run 30 min tempo Strength Rest Yoga 5 m run Rest
3 3 m run 6 x 400 Strength Rest Yoga 6 m run Rest
4 3 m run 35 min tempo Strength Rest Yoga 5-K Test Rest
5 3 m run 7 x 400 Strength Rest Yoga 6 m run Rest
6 3 m run 40 min tempo Strength Rest Yoga 7 m run Rest
7 3 m run 8 x 400 Strength Rest Yoga 7 m run Rest
8 3 m run 30 min tempo Strength Rest Yoga 5-K Race Rest

This is the final and adapted version that I will be using after my first challenge.

My current version is me running 20 min three times a week, with a 5k run every Saturday

Lotzo looked left, then right, watching as the shadow ran from her, a large white ball cradled in two hands. That was hers (what part of her, Lotzo had no clue) and she was going to get it back. She bounced on the spot, then started the chase.

Hopefully I'll be able to write the story twice a week, on my Tuesdays and Saturdays. I'll be following the story of Lotzo and how she chases this shadow that has her dreams, motivation, and emotions. So far this week, I've begun the process of getting up earlier in preparation for my workouts in the morning. I will be posting a final workout schedule on Saturday. I've also begun the Juice Bar with Stellakin in hopes of a place for Rebels to gather. Week 0 is going down!

Straight down the main road, Lotzo kept running, slowly gaining on the shadow. Then it darted into an office building, and she fought through the crowd desperately. But up ahead, she could only see more looming buildings and obstacles that she would have to fight through to get that light back.

• Like 2

Now, the problem with this discovery is trying to fit it into the six available classes. Due to the variety, I will problem make my home in the Rangers, but regularly do challenges with the warriors and monks. 

Also, for Bards, their power comes from their charisma, and their spells. How can I demonstrate that through real life power?

Fandom based challenge locations :

- Dragon Age (go through the trilogy?)

- Harry Potter (no-one else seems to be doing this, which is very saddening)

- Discworld (again, very under-represented. Maybe a challenge per setting, eg AnkMorpork, the University, the Library, Granny Weatherwax's house, etc)

- Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galazy (for that necessary part of sci-fi)

- Marvel (perhaps one for each group? Eg, the Avengers, the X-Men, etc)

- Firefly

- Torchwood?

- Mistborn

- Mass Effect (once I've finished the trilogy)

- Sherlock Holmes

- LotR

27 minutes ago, PhysicsObeysMe said:

Now, the problem with this discovery is trying to fit it into the six available classes. Due to the variety, I will problem make my home in the Rangers, but regularly do challenges with the warriors and monks. 

Also, for Bards, their power comes from their charisma, and their spells. How can I demonstrate that through real life power?

Maybe things that up your confidence? like performing in front of people, because you'll be more comfortable with yourself and therefore more charismatic, imo

Level 26 Warrior/Ranger, SCAdian, Librarian, Beachbody Coach, Self-rescuing princess

Current ChallengeCharacter | Quests | MyFitnessPal | FitBit | instagram

7 minutes ago, Fitbrarian said:

Maybe things that up your confidence? like performing in front of people, because you'll be more comfortable with yourself and therefore more charismatic, imo

I do like performing, but finding situations in which I can do that is probably harder than actually performing? I get nervous before going on stage, but I love being up there and I do want to do it more, which is why I consider myself quite bardic. Honestly, I get more nervous in small stage social interaction. Ordering something at McDonalds is more stressful than speaking infront of 500 people.

• Like 1

Just now, Fitbrarian said:

oh maybe also things where you organize a group to hike or do something, since Bards tend to boost the party

Ooh, that's a good idea! I like organising/running things, but I struggle with assuming responsibility - often fearing I'm the wrong person for the job and people resent me for trying to lead. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 2