Silvernia taps lands and summons Wall of Text! 20/20

I made my first post joining the challenge thread but I thought I'd introduce myself a bit more thoroughly. I've been diligently lurking for a while and thought it was time to come out of hiding. :D

I am Gina and friends call me GinaBug or Sil or... you know... just Gina. :P 30y/o about to turn 31 this month, ugh. I found nerd fitness after stumbling across a pin on Pinterest of a girl named Crissy... Which led me to her Tumblr, which led me to here. Specifically one of Steve's posts on Paleo. After reading it and then googling and reading some more, I was hooked! <3 This was just short of 3 weeks ago. 2 or so weeks ago I tentatively brought it up to my SO who I was sure would never go for it (giving up bread and cheese?! *legasp!*)... But having led in with a lot of the science behind grains/carbs/gluten/inflammatories/etc seemed to make a lot of sense to him so I was shocked when he actually seemed to be into the idea. 0.o So I struck up a deal with him. I'd get up early with him every day and make breakfast (even if just boiling a few eggs) if we could try the 30 day Paleo challenge. This was quite the promise as I am notoriously not an early riser due to terrible insomnia caused by a mind that starts racing when my head hits the pillow. And he said okay! :biggrin-new:

That same weekend we stocked up on veggies, stashed our beans and rice bags out of sight and ate up the last couple of breakfast bowls to get rid of them (and as a goodbye to cheese and potatoes). Frankly I was sick of eating rice every day so that part hasn't been remotely hard. Going into week 3 and I'm roughly 10 pounds lighter and have dropped below a certain dreaded number on the scale that at my diminutive 5'2 is just shameful and I will reveal someday closer to my goal but today is not that day! xD But to that number I say: I quit you! Never again! And I'm reading The Paleo Solution. Good stuff.

I've been working out consistently 3 times a week which considering it hasn't been that long I'm amazed at how my endurance is improving. I've already been able to move up to harder versions of the easier modifications (ie I can manage a good set of knee pushups after having started with easier inclined ones in the beginning. yipee!). Also I've actually been falling asleep in a regular manner. In fact the last few nights we've gone to bed... Early. 0.o Without me kicking and screaming. (This is a huge deal) And I just spring out of bed when it's breakfast making time. lol Oh and I haven't felt at all foggy throughout the day like I normally would getting up early.

Oh gosh I'm rambling... What else... I'm an aspiring photographer and/or illustrator (My avatar was done by me). Puerto Rican/Dominican (amongst other mixes) Also a gamer (Aion, WoW, Marvel vs Capcom, Demon's Souls, Tekken...) though it has taken somewhat of a back seat as I've been dedicating my free time to straightening out my health. On pause but not forgotten. :) Aaaaannd there's more but I've gone on too much.

Wall of Text has First Strike and can attack when summoned. *Whack!* You die.

TLDR: I'm Sil and Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :D

Welcome and good on you and your SO for getting on the bandwagon together!

Lots of great info and people around here...if you have questions/need support, you need but ask!

*reincarnates as a unicorn*

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Welcome and good on you and your SO for getting on the bandwagon together!

Lots of great info and people around here...if you have questions/need support, you need but ask!

*reincarnates as a unicorn*

So I've noticed! It's the first fitness community I've found that I don't feel incredibly out of place in from what I've seen so far. :)

And thank you. :3

Welcome Sil! Awesome Power Girl by the way! My girlfriend is working on a Power Girl cosplay atm and I'm gonna be suiting up as Black Adam so we can choreograph some awesome fight poses :)

Thank you and lol that would be awesome! I want to some day be able to pull off a Zatanna cosplay myself. Don't know that I'd have the nerve but I want to have the option. xD

Welcome! I'm with you... I've put aside a few goals of my own to get this health thing straightened out. You'll get back to it soon enough, it appears. Great work!

Thanks! :)