Broba Fett Soaks Up Some Bacta

Broba Fett

19 hours ago, Jarric said:

Sorry to hear about the house, but I'm sure something better is waiting for you.

I like to think so.  We shall have to wait and see.  

Crappy week continues.  Issues at work yesterday.  Wasn't doing something I needed to be doing.  Not upset that I got told I need to be doing that thing.  Upset because a good friend of mine ratted me out about it to cover his own ass without coming to me directly, man-to-man. 

Cubs lost an awful game last night and this morning got into ANOTHER stupid fight with the fiancee.  Just the past month or so it's like we have to find something once/week to just blow up over.  One of the things I've loved about our relationship up to this point is the lack of stupid fighting.  I really hope we can work through it.

Workout today was bench 3x3x165 (85%) with an emphasis on bar speed, just like deads on monday.  I had no problem with it.  The coach running the class says he thinks I'll make a good jump on max week.  

Conditioning was a bunch of various movements (banded pullups, pushups, kb swings, etc) with 5 deadlift reps between each movement.  I didn't think pulling 225+ for over 30 reps for time would be a good idea, considering I threw out my back doing 95lb deads for time a month ago. So I just did the other movements and finished just in time to take off early for work.

I apologize that posts have been such a bummer lately y'all.  It's taken a lot for me to stick to coming in and updating on here but I feel it's important to check in, especially since a bunch of us seem to be slumping at the same time.

Turned my phone off and left it in the car, let the fiancee know to call my desk in case of emergency.  I'm just gonna bury myself in work today, avoid human contact, and try to power through this week. 

Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

3 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

I apologize that posts have been such a bummer lately y'all.  It's taken a lot for me to stick to coming in and updating on here but I feel it's important to check in, especially since a bunch of us seem to be slumping at the same time.

Never apologies for telling us how you really feel man. You're not here to perform or to show the best side of yourself, you're here for real accountability and real support. Besides, a perfect life doesn't make a very interesting story!

And I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time of it at the moment. This too shall pass.

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge: Year of the Muscle Wizard - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Sorry you're having a rough time. I applaud you for checking in every day, and like Jarric said, never apologize for being real.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

22 hours ago, Jarric said:

And I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time of it at the moment. This too shall pass.

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry you're having a rough time. I applaud you for checking in every day, and like Jarric said, never apologize for being real.

Thanks gents.  Things are looking up a bit today.

Talked it out with the fiancee last night as we watched the Cubs start swinging the bats again and smoke LA.  Apparently I'm too quick to walk away from an argument and she wants/needs me to stand in there and work stuff out with her.  I honestly don't know how to do that but I told her I'd try.  So we'll see how that goes.

My coach shot me a message with the events and weights for the strongman competition he's running on 12/3 that I'm planning on competing in.  They all look challenging but doable for me, with a couple I'll hopefully do really well with.   Soon as he makes it official and posts it publicly I'll list them on here. 

Also, my buddy reached out to me and wants to tag along to a class sometime next week.  He's has one leg (diabetes) and been really reclusive since his amputation and I've been shooting him videos of adapted athlete strongman competitions to try to motivate him to get out and start doing something.  Looks like he might be ready to do so and my gym does a lot of work with "adapted athletes" so I think it could be a good fit.  So I'll be talking to the coach tomorrow and seeing if he has a time that he could be there to work with my buddy directly. 

Much needed rest day today followed by some squats tomorrow.  Ready to see if I can un-cluster my squats finally and just worry about making progress on them. 

• Like 2
Spoiler

Currently...

Past Challenges:

1 hour ago, Broba Fett said:

Talked it out with the fiancee last night as we watched the Cubs start swinging the bats again and smoke LA.  Apparently I'm too quick to walk away from an argument and she wants/needs me to stand in there and work stuff out with her.  I honestly don't know how to do that but I told her I'd try.  So we'll see how that goes.

Sounds like the compromise might be something along the lines of you sticking with a disagreement longer and her learning how to work stuff out without it being an argument.

My guess is it's something some increased communication skills on both sides will fix.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

My guess is it's something some increased communication skills on both sides will fix.

Yahtzee.  Whatever the smaller things are it's overall communication breakdown.  

Her parents screamed and yelled on the regular and took it up a few notches from there when there was an actual argument.  So yelling and snippiness is the norm for her in a disagreement.  I don't believe I ever witnessed my parents ever argue and I moved out of my mom's house at 16.  So running away or shutting down is my norm.  We are supposed to be attending some counseling with the pastor officiating our ceremony next summer soon.  I'm looking forward to it.  Hopefully it will help. In the meantime I'm going to try not holding back and letting her know what is in my head while we disagree and see what happens.

Squat day today.  It was only one other lady (serious powerlifter) and myself in the 9am class today.  Since there were two coaches again we each basically took a coach for the hour and worked on whatever we wanted.  I decided to work on fixing my squats.  They aren't fixed but I made progress.  245(85%)x3x3 was the prescribed weight for this week but I wasn't getting it with good form so we backed down to 205.  I then did a few sets of bent over rows.  One of my weaknesses in both squat and deadlift is my shoulders rounding over so I need to start working those in more often.  

Didn't get any conditioning due to getting lots of instruction and slow sets to make sure everything was right.  That's ok though, those slow sets at low weight and great form always tear me up really well. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Currently...

Past Challenges:

Coach posted my next strongman show.  (Excuse his typing errors, he JUST put it up.)

To save you some time, here's the information that relates to me:

It's novice only, so only people who have not won a novice show.

Men is <220 for lightweight and >220 for heavyweight, so I'll be competing with some guys who are quite a bit smaller than me, which should work in my favor.

Events for my weight class:

1. Circus DB:  100lbs AMRAP in 60 secs.
    • I just tried this for the first time sunday and put up 95lbs a couple times with no suggestions on form.  Should be good here.
  2. Deadlift:  405lbs for reps.  (No specified time limit so I guess it's to failure?)  Straps and belts allowed.  
    • Difficult but doable.  
  3. Max Axle C&P:  Wessels rules.
    • I have hit 160.  Will need to work on this to be competitive. 
  4. Max Keg Load: 48", Wessels rules.  Kegs from 120-400lbs available.
    • Never done it.  I assume I should be good in the 250 range since I've done that in stones.  This will be my main focus. 

First place in each division qualifies for united states strongman nationals 2017 and Illinois' Strongest Man 2017. :D

• Like 3
Spoiler

Currently...

Past Challenges:

Competition sounds awesome; can't wait to hear how you do!

• Like 1

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge: Year of the Muscle Wizard - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

So challenge wrap-up.

It didn't take all month to ease into things.  Instead it took about two weeks.  And that's ok.  It felt good so I went with it. 

Weight hasn't really moved.  (Actually up a pound or so from beginning of challenge due to customer service week and cheat meals).  Haven't measured in a couple weeks but I would imagine I've lost .5" or so off the waist. 

Workouts have gotten easier and I'm hopefully set up to hit a bunch of PRs next week when we test all our maxes.  90% of dead and bench felt great this week so I anticipate good jumps.

I don't think I'll be doing a challenge for November.  Just too much going on between work, gym, and holidays to be consistent with it.  Going to try to follow along with as many people as I can tough. 

I will be putting more focus on updating instagram as well since it's quick and easy, so if you're reading this feel free to add me on there. 

• Like 3
Spoiler

Currently...

Past Challenges: