Luciana Valerosa Culming respawns - reset level in 3, 2, 1

I had a look at their website. I'll definitly check out "Stop, breath and think".

I need a plan B for my exercise goal this week. I woke up and didn't feel so well. I think I got a cold from my coworkers. Last week two of them have been ill already. it's not so bad as with my friend in the rebellion, who seems to feel like a turtle lying on its back, because of the cold going around in the US*. But I don't want to make it worse and it wouldn't be very wise to pass this to more of my coworkers. Last week it has already been hard for them to find enough substitutes.

*So virtual hugs seem to be contagious after all. xD

Positive site notes: So did a multiple choice test for English at another university and apparently I'm a C2 in written English. So my grammar seems to be fine, when I'm concentrating. Neat! I'm really glad, because over the last few years my own university has been telling me, that my Enlish is really bad and they let me fail two oral tests. This really convinces me to not give up and just keep working hard. Hugs for everybody who has been helping me to improve my English since I joined NF in 2015. I'm going to get some conversation courses at this other university to have more opportunities to practice and working on my convidence.

And another positive note on the self esteem and confidence front. This weekend I realised how much I've been growing. I handled a few situations better then I would have two years ago. I've been talking about this with old friends and they supported my assumptions. I really hope I'll be able to make this changes stick. And hopefully my sensitivity against loud noises decreases again. It somehow doesn't affect me at work, but it troubles me a little and I don't want to avoid social gatherings any more just because I can't stand too many loud noises at once. And also I don't want this to become a physical problem. At the moment it only seems to be something psychological. And it seems to be stress related. So I'll just continue observing what's helping me and what's not so good for my well being.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Positive site notes: So did a multiple choice test for English at another university and apparently I'm a C2 in written English. So my grammar seems to be fine, when I'm concentrating. Neat! I'm really glad, because over the last few years my own university has been telling me, that my Enlish is really bad and they let me fail two oral tests. This really convinces me to not give up and just keep working hard. Hugs for everybody who has been helping me to improve my English since I joined NF in 2015. I'm going to get some conversation courses at this other university to have more opportunities to practice and working on my convidence.

I don't know if this is any help, but I'm a high school English teacher (primarily literature and writing, but I also teach grammar), and I would say your English is definitely good for someone learning it as another language! :D Keep it up! 

@deathbyshiny Thank you. It's intresting to compare teaching a language as a first language with teaching it as second language. I still try to figure out, how I can help others to grasp German grammar.

Update week 3:

Because of the cold I haven't been outside much. I'm still getting a headache easily. But I managed to get some more sleep in, drank a lot - 5l a day - and motivated a friend to write on his doctors thesis. He's feeling a bit alone at the moment, too, and we skyped from time to time. And so I didn't feel alone, when my boyfriend was away for two days. He attended a course for work. When I look up the word, it said "continued educarion", but I don't know how to use this word. For timemanagement I tidied up my office and answered some important emails, when I was feeling better. That will help me, when I need to continue with my sudies. Now everything is sorted by subjects and projects. I should do these things more regularly. I'm really not sure, how to rate this week. I didn't even do any stretches.

Meditation 5/7

Kanban 5/5

Exercise none

• Like 1

Last update

meditation 5/5

cycling nope

timemanagement 5/5

So my exercise goal crashed because of my cold. So I only got 83% of my challenge done. Because I dropped one of my goals in week 3 + 4. So I only get 8/10 stat points. I made up with my aunt, made a lot of nice conversations at work with my coworkers and made good relationships. So I guess I'll get some CHA for my meditation goal. It's also good, that I got some stuff done the last few weeks and even accomblished some healthy sleeping habbits. So I give myself some WIS for this. Mhh and perhaps a little in STA. Not sure. I feel good about this challenge. The last few weeks I learned a lot about myself and I think I handled some stressful situations quite well.

• Like 1
On 9/23/2016 at 8:09 AM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Somehow I missed this one. You're right updating a bullet journal can be quite hard, when you want to do it every day. I use mine as a tool for reflection. So I write down after a challenge, to reflect my progress or when I had and intresting thought that I want to remember. The last few months I haven't used it much, especially because I didn't participate in any challenges in summer.

I've loved bullet journaling. I tried to make it a point to not complicate it too much (which i seem to love to do) so that it wouldn't take me more than 5 mins in the morning to get it set for the day. I'll have to look up some of the other  things, especially the Kanban board. 

Hope your foot feels better!

5 hours ago, Toshimi said:

I've loved bullet journaling. I tried to make it a point to not complicate it too much (which i seem to love to do) so that it wouldn't take me more than 5 mins in the morning to get it set for the day. I'll have to look up some of the other  things, especially the Kanban board. 

Hope your foot feels better!

Thank you. It sometimes still wobbles a little, but I can do most of the things I like doing again without pain. Don't really know why it sometimes feels a bit strange again, when I climb down the stairs.