• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

team_french_toast.jpgteam_pancake_1.jpgteam_waffle.jpg

Welcome back to yet an other Doodlie challenge!

Link to the sign in sheet

You are not on the list, but you want to be? You are ready to face the smut? Contact @Terah

(Yes, this used to be Def, but she has life stuff happening right now)

We are not accepting any new recruits at the moment.

But you'll be placed on the waiting list and I'll contact you when we're ready to have you.

Link to the pvp

We are going to continue the d&d pvp.

The DM can still work on increasing his/her skills of their own character, but they can't add any new skills.

DM's this challenge:

Week 1 and 2 (26 September - 9 October): Terah

Week 3 and 4 (10 October - 21 October): Liam

I'm here for now but I will be incommunicado for a little while until the middle of the challenge. I will still be grinding my skills/abilities though. I am getting some fucking credit for all this packing. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SomeGuyFromScotland said:

I'll peanut gallery this one, Terah. I don't anticipate being online a lot during the day for the next few weeks. They're insisting I actually do work at work. ;)

How weird :P 

The beauty of this pvp is that you can jump in at any time. If you just want to play in the weekend for example let the DM know :) 

12 minutes ago, deftona said:

I am getting some fucking credit for all this packing. 

Doodlie power!

Just jump in when you've got the time :) 

Ok! I think I've figured it out, I've got my Character sheet in my signature now, if you want to check that out and make sure I've done it right. Thought I've also got a few questions before we begin. 

1. I'm a little bit confused between Primary Abilities, Special Abilities, and Skills, Should 'Primary Abilities' really read 'Primary Skills'? 
  2. Can I level up my Psyche and Magic at the same time by doing yoga? Or do I need to do yoga for Magic and say sleep hours for Psyche? 
  3. For Weapon Proficiency (for bow and arrow) can I do training in RL with my bow? If so what would the lv up requirement be since the time of the rounds wasn't very specific,  15min per round?
  4. For Survival is it talking about just what your drinking (like no soda, juice) or about completely fasting (no food at all) except for some coffee/ tea? If so 5 days of fasting is quite a lot of fasting lol >_< 
  5. For Jumping would box jumps count and if so would they still be at the 1h+ increment to level or would they be lower like 15 or 30 min?

Thanks for the help and clarifications, this looks like it is going to be so much fun! :)

14 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Character sheet in my signature now, if you want to check that out and make sure I've done it right.

I don't have access to the sheet. Can you alter the permissions? (Click the right top blue button with 'share' on it, click on 'get shareble link' and set the permissions to 'everyone with the link can read')

I'm a little bit confused between Primary Abilities, Special Abilities, and Skills, Should 'Primary Abilities' really read 'Primary Skills'? 

You've got your primary abilities that you can continue to level up indefinitely. Everyone has the same primary abilities.

The skills are picked individually by everyone, and can be leveled up until level 10. (Part of the reason for this is that you have to pick new skills once in a while, so you'll level up different parts of your life IRL)

But you're right that the character sheet doesn't match the rule book. I've altered the 'special abilities' to 'skills' on the character sheet.

Can I level up my Psyche and Magic at the same time by doing yoga? Or do I need to do yoga for Magic and say sleep hours for Psyche? 

You can. But you can only spent your minutes once. So if you did 60 minutes of yoga you can either invest 60 minutes in psyche and none in magic, or you can invest 30 minutes in magic and 30 in psyche. How you spent it is your decision. 

For Weapon Proficiency (for bow and arrow) can I do training in RL with my bow? If so what would the lv up requirement be since the time of the rounds wasn't very specific,  15min per round?

A round in darebee is usually about 10 minutes (maybe less). You would have to ask the first DM of the new story what workout you may use to level up this skill, but I can't see why not.

For Survival is it talking about just what your drinking (like no soda, juice) or about completely fasting (no food at all) except for some coffee/ tea? If so 5 days of fasting is quite a lot of fasting lol >_< 

LOL No, it's just about what you're drinking not complete fasting.

For Jumping would box jumps count and if so would they still be at the 1h+ increment to level or would they be lower like 15 or 30 min?

Again, ask the DM of the first new story. But I can see this happening. 

this looks like it is going to be so much fun!

It definitely is :D:D:D 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

This looks awesome, I'm excited to give it a try! 

And welcome here :) 

I've added you to the sign in sheet. The links to the threads of the other doodlies are there too. Feel free to follow as many as you can handle :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Terah said:

I don't have access to the sheet. Can you alter the permissions? (Click the right top blue button with 'share' on it, click on 'get shareble link' and set the permissions to 'everyone with the link can read')

Ok changed it you should be good to check it out now! 

7 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Ok changed it you should be good to check it out now! 

Thanks.

The leveling up your primary skills:

Strenght: you're trying to get to level 4, so you need 4 times 1.5 hours of strength training = 360 minutes

Endurance: you're trying to get to level 6, so you need 6 times 1.5 hours of cardio = 540 minutes

Reason: next level 270 minutes

Psyche: next level 270 minutes

Survival does not mean fasting, it just means not drinking anything else besides tea, coffee and water. You can eat normally.

The rest looks good. That many skills is a bit ambitious, but if you think you can handle it you should go for it :) 

At the beginning of the story you'll probably get the opportunity to gather supplies, so put some thought in what you want to bring (what you want to search for), so you can ask the DM (don't put it in your character sheet just yet though).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Terah said:

The leveling up your primary skills:

Survival does not mean fasting, it just means not drinking anything else besides tea, coffee and water. You can eat normally.

The rest looks good. That many skills is a bit ambitious, but if you think you can handle it you should go for it :) 

At the beginning of the story you'll probably get the opportunity to gather supplies, so put some thought in what you want to bring (what you want to search for), so you can ask the DM (don't put it in your character sheet just yet though).

Ok I think I got it now. Changed that on my CS.

Yeah that makes survival WAY more doable than I originally thought hahahaha

I don't know if I'll be able to train all of them but I figured go ahead a put everything down that I might want to train or improve so at least that way I've got the option :)

Sounds good I'll start thinking about what I'd like to bring. In terms of the story, do we know what genre our adventures will be in? (post apocolyptic, sci fi, fantasy, medieval ex... or is it up to the DM/ changing from challenge to challenge.

28 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Sounds good I'll start thinking about what I'd like to bring. In terms of the story, do we know what genre our adventures will be in? (post apocolyptic, sci fi, fantasy, medieval ex... or is it up to the DM/ changing from challenge to challenge.

It's up to the DM each week but usually revolves around some aspect of Doodlie lore..... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Although, that we now have a half dragon doodlie that follows the great mother serpent could make for some interesting lore variations.  ;-)

Hey, hey! You are a doodlie first! Which means you'll follow the Great Yak :P 

8 hours ago, LadyShello said:

It's up to the DM each week but usually revolves around some aspect of Doodlie lore..... 

Speaking of DM, we still need one. Are you available for DM'ing two weeks perhaps?

8 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Or maybe you want to be a DM? (The second two weeks, so you get a feel of how we play in the first two weeks)

Seriously, I'm not going to DM the full 4 weeks. I'm not that crazy :P 

(And if you both want to DM, I'm more than willing to just play this time :D )

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Terah said:

Or maybe you want to be a DM? (The second two weeks, so you get a feel of how we play in the first two weeks)

Yeah I'm more than willing to DM but I definitely need to see how you guys play first so I can get better understanding of how we play.  Or if you're ok with me winging it and correcting me as I go I can try "Pre-DMing" now  if no one else wants to do it.

7 hours ago, Terah said:

I've been thinking about it but trying to come up with some theme/story before I commit.  

45 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Yeah I'm more than willing to DM but I definitely need to see how you guys play first so I can get better understanding of how we play.  Or if you're ok with me winging it and correcting me as I go I can try "Pre-DMing" now  if no one else wants to do it.

If you're willing to do the third and fourth week? You can get the feel on how we play the first two weeks. Besides that: we're still a work in progress, so change the rules as you see fit when you're the DM (big changes must be agreed on by a doodlie majority) and the next DM can decide to alter it back, keep it or develop it even further. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

I've been thinking about it but trying to come up with some theme/story before I commit.  

No pressure. Let me know if/when you're ready. If you rather want to DM the challenge after this one that's okay too. It's just that I don't want to be the only DM here :P 

13 minutes ago, Terah said:

No pressure. Let me know if/when you're ready. If you rather want to DM the challenge after this one that's okay too. It's just that I don't want to be the only DM here :P 

I do not blame you for not wanting to DM the entire challenge.  We would never expect you to carry the whole thing.  <eleventy

• Like 1

Ryuu gave me a link to an other D&D thread here on NF. Although I don't think that specific format will work for us, it did make me think. 

Right now our D&D is very demanding for the DM, I want to make it a bit less demanding (I'm not changing the entire format, just pieces). I think we (I) pancaked* when creating this :P 

One thing I'm currently thinking of is simplifying the battles. Now the DM has to be online for hours at the time to coordinate the battles, mostly because I clang too much to table top D&D I guess. Who has any good ideas to simplify this?

*For the newbies: to pancake means overthinking things