• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I just realized we're in week 3 already. And week 3 is almost over...

Where does the time go??? 

A discussion started in the yak's head, and I think this is a better place to continue this, because all doodlies come here and not all come to the yak's head.

The next pvp: JMK asked if we might be going back to a regular pvp next time

for the new doodlies:

Spoiler

A regular pvp is where we have 1 challenge per week and the pancakes (team pancake) battle the waffles (team waffle). 
For example: we do a strength training week. We pick or create a workout, and the team that did the most rounds wins. The week after that is a water drinking challenge, the team that drank the most water wins (hint, for this one you want to be on Bjorns team. He can drink...)

At the end of the challenge the team that has won the most times wins the PVP (usually the pancakes)

I was thinking we could do both. You could combine the challenges. For example: during the d&d story you're battling something and you have to do a workout to beat it. This week happens to be the strength training challenge for the other pvp. So you do the workout and it counts for the battle AND for the strength challenge.

This would be too much work for me alone to coordinate, so I will need some help. The D&D pvp would need two DM's and the regular pvp would need two team leaders. One of the team leaders will also be the regular pvp coordinator. 

What are your thoughts about this?

11 minutes ago, Terah said:

At the end of the challenge the team that has won the most times wins the PVP (usually the pancakes)

12 minutes ago, Terah said:

What are your thoughts about this?

glorious_pancakes_by_mcrcrazyfan3432.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terah said:

The week after that is a water drinking challenge, the team that drank the most water wins (hint, for this one you want to be on Bjorns team. He can drink...)

He drinks a lot of water too. ;)

1 hour ago, Terah said:

Truth

glorious_pancakes_by_mcrcrazyfan3432.jpg

• Like 1

In the yak's head Shello had the idea the one pvp supports the other. I think that's a great idea.

We could make challenges that help level up your character, and the DM can take the current pvp challenge into account when giving challenges.

For example: Week one we'll level up our endurance. The pvp challenge will be who has the most cardio minutes. So if you're not in the d&d pvp you can still just do the cardio minutes to help your team win.

In the D&D story you'll need to do cardio challenges to battle opponents and deal with obstacles. Say you're battling the evil blob for example. To beat him you'll have to do 1 hour of dancing. Or run/jog for 1 hour. Or do X burpees. Or swim for an hour. Or some other form of cardio that I can't think of now. 

This way you can do both pvp's choose one of them. And the beauty of the D&D pvp is that you can jump in whenever you like. 

Having the normal PVP back up the D&D PVP might be a way to lessen the load, I think if we limited the D&D one to the same type of activity to beat monsters the story would get stale. Part of what works for that PVP is the variety and making it fit the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

I'll even help DM next go round

I'm holding you to that :D 

I'm cool with either DM two weeks or leading the pancakes and/or guiding the regular pvp. 

@Rab397 Would you be willing to lead the Waffles again? Maybe with @jmk as your second in command? (Or the other way around off course, I'll let you two fight that one out)

@deftona You said you were willing to help out, maybe you would like to lead the pancakes to victory? I can be your second in command with the pancakes

@Ryuu1011 Would you like to DM again next pvp?

And if you all say yes to this, I'll have very little to do next challenge ;):D 

I'm going to make a sign up sheet to see who wants to participate in what next challenge. 

4 hours ago, LadyShello said:

I think if we limited the D&D one to the same type of activity to beat monsters the story would get stale.

True, but you could focus just a bit more on the regular pvp challenge. 

So, let's talk challenges for the next pvp. We need 4. 

Some ideas:

Food:

- Count the amount of different colors of the freggies you ate

- Go without sugar for as many days as possible, count the days

- Smoothie challenge: count the number of smoothies you drank, or the number of different smoothies

Fitness - strenght

- Word workout, like we did before

- Game of cards, like we did

- Pick a few darebee workouts, count the number of rounds you did

- A simple challenge like the number of burpees, push ups, squats...

Fitness - cardio

- Km's walked/run/biked

- Cardio minutes

- We pick a youtube cardio workout and count the times you did that

Mind

- Yoga minutes

- Meditation minutes

- A specific yoga routine (darebee, youtube), count the number of rounds

Life

- Organizing/KM'ing minutes

- Day's you make a todo list

- Time spent adulting

Which ones do you like? Most of these challenges we've already done, so if you've got something new, don't hesitate to share!

I'd like to continue the D&D, maybe even open it up to new players/ non Doodles, but it is quite time intensive and I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up by myself. Some weeks I'm not busy at all and can easily devote a lot of time to it, but others Im just too busy to get online as many times as I would need to to be able to keep it running smoothly :/ 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

I'd like to continue the D&D, maybe even open it up to new players/ non Doodles, but it is quite time intensive and I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up by myself. Some weeks I'm not busy at all and can easily devote a lot of time to it, but others Im just too busy to get online as many times as I would need to to be able to keep it running smoothly :/ 

That could be a good idea: make the d&d for any nerd here and the regular pvp for just the doodlies. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terah said:

That could be a good idea: make the d&d for any nerd here and the regular pvp for just the doodlies. 

I think if we do this then we should just post a regular PVP that is a D&D and it not necessarily be a Doodlie thing then.  Then the doodlies just have the regular PVP but can participate in the D&D if they choose.  

On the other hand, with the Doodlie attention on the PVP, there might end up being less participation... just some things to think about.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LadyShello said:

I think if we do this then we should just post a regular PVP that is a D&D and it not necessarily be a Doodlie thing then.  Then the doodlies just have the regular PVP but can participate in the D&D if they choose.

Yes, that is what I had in mind :) 

5 hours ago, LadyShello said:

with the Doodlie attention on the PVP, there might end up being less participation

True. But I also think that the pancake pride and the waffle pride will be enough to make it a fun match. 

And doodlies have participated in other pvp's while doing the doodlie pvp before, so I don't think it would be a big problem.