The Beginning of a Multiverse Chase

7 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

That drink sounds delicious!

It took a while to make, but every Sunday I make enough for two glasses a day. I use homegrown mint, and it is honestly so tasty! The ingredients go so well together, (I'm tempted to add green tea to the mix next time as well), and it feels so refreshing and tasty! 

http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-iced-green-tea-with-ginger-mint-and-honey-recipes-from-the-kitchn-207387

I used this recipe, steeped for 2 hours instead of 20min, and did't use the green tea. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Bookish Badger said:

Any chance you could take it to work/school and leave it in the breakroom, or something? It'll disappear in minutes if not sooner. :) 

I am going to do that with my Terry's Oranges, and give the large bar to my mother. Thanks! The stockpile has just been staring at me from the corner of my room. :D

• Like 2

Hey! What an interesting challenge you have. I'm looking forward to seeing how Lotzo's story progresses. :) And yes, a great way to avoid chocolate is to not have it in the house. Can you dump it/give it away to someone? I know how you feel, though, not having chocolate is hard. It's part of my current challenge and it's so difficult! Hang in there!   

• Like 2
1 hour ago, six1 said:

Hey! What an interesting challenge you have. I'm looking forward to seeing how Lotzo's story progresses. :) And yes, a great way to avoid chocolate is to not have it in the house. Can you dump it/give it away to someone? I know how you feel, though, not having chocolate is hard. It's part of my current challenge and it's so difficult! Hang in there!   

Image result for mine precious gif

I feel alot like this, but I managed to take the chocolate to school, and true to form, they were gone within 15. :D

• Like 5

This morning was really upsetting. I was going to wake at 6 to see if I could manage my run, and woke at 10 past 7. So it was a rush to get prepared. Missed my shower, and therefore my skincare. I had forgotten to prepare my eggs last night, and didn't have the time to boil them in the morning. I decided that I was just going to go with cereal instead (I tried to make it healthy with granola), so failed my breakfast. 

However, when I got home, I managed to spend two hours working on my physics. I have most of my notes and most of my homework done for that. So, 1 out of 4 isn't terrible. Tomorrow I will no longer be ill, and I'm going to do 2 miles (for the Ranger challenge), and get this challenge back on track!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bookish Badger said:

I wanted to like that last post, but it felt wrong to "like" something that started with "this morning was really upsetting."  so anyway, kudos on pulling a win out of a really aggravating situation and moving on!

I wish there were other emotes we could put on posts. But thanks! :D

1 hour ago, IAmInfinite said:

This morning was really upsetting. I was going to wake at 6 to see if I could manage my run, and woke at 10 past 7. So it was a rush to get prepared. Missed my shower, and therefore my skincare. I had forgotten to prepare my eggs last night, and didn't have the time to boil them in the morning. I decided that I was just going to go with cereal instead (I tried to make it healthy with granola), so failed my breakfast. 

However, when I got home, I managed to spend two hours working on my physics. I have most of my notes and most of my homework done for that. So, 1 out of 4 isn't terrible. Tomorrow I will no longer be ill, and I'm going to do 2 miles (for the Ranger challenge), and get this challenge back on track!

It's hard when you have so many things to get done in the morning before work/school, and you end up sleeping in. This has happened to me way more than once. 

2 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

It's hard when you have so many things to get done in the morning before work/school, and you end up sleeping in. This has happened to me way more than once. 

Sleeping in past my alarm is so rare, as Im generally a really light sleeper. And then sleeping past 7 is practically unheard of, as my body is so used to just doing stuff at seven. But this illness has replaced my brain with cotton wool and left me really tired, and I think it desperately needed to catch up on sleep. I'll be going to bed at 9:30 instead of 11 tonight, and see if that helps me to wake up earlier tomorrow.

• Like 1
On 9/28/2016 at 5:35 PM, IAmInfinite said:

Image result for mine precious gif

I feel alot like this, but I managed to take the chocolate to school, and true to form, they were gone within 15. :D

This is so me! But congrats on getting rid of the chocolate. :P We're doing good so far on this no chocolate challenge!

2 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

It's OK to have off days, we all have them. And exactly, as long as you get back on track it's fine. :) 

On 9/29/2016 at 10:42 PM, six1 said:

This is so me! But congrats on getting rid of the chocolate. :P We're doing good so far on this no chocolate challenge!

It's OK to have off days, we all have them. And exactly, as long as you get back on track it's fine. :) 

Yesterday was terrible in the food department. When I got home, it was a sugar sandwhich. I won't say what monstrosity I conconted, but it included toast, butter, sugar, toasted marshmallows and chocolate sauce. I was in need of comfort food and it was the entirely wrong choice to make and its made me feel terrible so far today. But then again hindsight is 20/20. All I can do is keep going!

• Like 1

The shadow took a sudden left turn, and Lotzo hurried to try and catch up, though it was strange that the shadow didn't seem to be deliberately throwing her off its trail, just making her run. And run. Lotzo sighed, before putting on another burst of speed, and the dying back down back into a manageable pace. Time no longer really had any sense of meaning for her, but she didn't know for how much longer she could keep it up.

So this week has been a bad week, as I've spent most of it pretty ill and generally sore. However, yesterday, I managed a 2 mile run in the morning, and felt really good afterwards. But after I got home, I had a terrible migraine. I watched a few episodes of Scarlet Heart with my mother, and then went to bed at half seven because my head was actually trying to drum its way out of my soul. My bad food choices probably didn't help. But this morning was slightly better, and I woke up after around 14 hours of sleep. I went on a 3 mile walk with my mother and will be going out to a Korean restaurant for lunch! 

Also, my focus on just breakfast is paying off. In two weeks I might increase it to including lunch, because I think the boiled eggs is perfect for me. But we shall stick with the one goal for now.

Up infront of her, the shadow had darted into a large park. Inside were several hundred runners, all milling around at a starting line. Several of the volunteers had shirts with "ParkRun" written across her back. And there, slipping between people, was her shadow. The starting gun went, and the shadow was sticking with the middle of the pack, following the twists in the path. Obviously, she had to complete the 5k before catching it!

• Like 4
4 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Sucks that your week has been bad, but it looks like you're starting to turn things around.

Hopefully it will work out!

47 minutes ago, Bookish Badger said:

Hang in there, and please give yourself as much extra sleep as you can manage - especially since you are running while still a bit ill.

Sleeping for more than 9 hours makes me feel really lethargic, despite the fact that I'm ill. But thank you for your concern :D

However, I shall try going to bed at 9 tonight, see if it completely gets rid of this illness.

15 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

The shadow took a sudden left turn, and Lotzo hurried to try and catch up, though it was strange that the shadow didn't seem to be deliberately throwing her off its trail, just making her run. And run. Lotzo sighed, before putting on another burst of speed, and the dying back down back into a manageable pace. Time no longer really had any sense of meaning for her, but she didn't know for how much longer she could keep it up.

So this week has been a bad week, as I've spent most of it pretty ill and generally sore. However, yesterday, I managed a 2 mile run in the morning, and felt really good afterwards. But after I got home, I had a terrible migraine. I watched a few episodes of Scarlet Heart with my mother, and then went to bed at half seven because my head was actually trying to drum its way out of my soul. My bad food choices probably didn't help. But this morning was slightly better, and I woke up after around 14 hours of sleep. I went on a 3 mile walk with my mother and will be going out to a Korean restaurant for lunch! 

Also, my focus on just breakfast is paying off. In two weeks I might increase it to including lunch, because I think the boiled eggs is perfect for me. But we shall stick with the one goal for now.

Up infront of her, the shadow had darted into a large park. Inside were several hundred runners, all milling around at a starting line. Several of the volunteers had shirts with "ParkRun" written across her back. And there, slipping between people, was her shadow. The starting gun went, and the shadow was sticking with the middle of the pack, following the twists in the path. Obviously, she had to complete the 5k before catching it!

Sorry to hear about the troubles, I know how debilitating migraines can be. Hope you feel better soon!

7 hours ago, Xanatos said:

Sorry to hear about the troubles, I know how debilitating migraines can be. Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you! I think it was due to being ill, forcing my body slightly too much, and then stress from school and work. But my body is up to full health (and let's hope it stays that way), and I think I need to speed more time away from electronics, and that should help. But thank you for your support! :D 

• Like 1

Woke up this morning and felt really good! I keep forgetting that I can now breathe through my nose! :P

Walked home from church this morning, which was really good, and had a delicious grapefruit for breakfast.

It was my sister's 16th birthday party today, so I did indulge in a lot of food and a single slice of cake for dinner, but all in all a very relaxing and positive day!

• Like 5

Hey IAmInfinite,

I decided to stop by your challenge. Sorry I'm so late, although you've been offering me so many nice words. You have some good goals here. Studying regularly has been my goal, too, in past challenges. For me it was easier to trick my mind to do something regularly, when I just aimed for sitting down for study every day and not aiming for a specific amount of time. Somehow my brain works strange ^^ I managed to do more this way. You're doing really well with this goal.

For the paleo breakfast goal I found this site. http://paleoleap.com/8-recipes-make-ahead-breakfast-run/

Some where else on the site they also mentioned breakfast salads, if you want some variety. And I think I would like to try a sweet potatoe salad, too.

Getting up at six in the morning can be really tough. I had to adjust my timetable to that time, too and at first really struggled with it. I also felt sick this week, but managed to not get a full cold. My throut is still a little itchy, but jeah. I usually try to eat more fruits and vegetables than, take vitamins and try to get more sleep. Getting in more sleep seems to be the most important for me. But therefore I have to be more strickt with my time management and plan ahead. That doesn't always work out.

I'm glad you're feeling better. Have a good start into week two. =)

20 hours ago, six1 said:

I'm glad you feel better. :) 

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Hey IAmInfinite,

I decided to stop by your challenge. Sorry I'm so late, although you've been offering me so many nice words. You have some good goals here. Studying regularly has been my goal, too, in past challenges. For me it was easier to trick my mind to do something regularly, when I just aimed for sitting down for study every day and not aiming for a specific amount of time. Somehow my brain works strange ^^ I managed to do more this way. You're doing really well with this goal.

For the paleo breakfast goal I found this site. http://paleoleap.com/8-recipes-make-ahead-breakfast-run/

Some where else on the site they also mentioned breakfast salads, if you want some variety. And I think I would like to try a sweet potatoe salad, too.

Getting up at six in the morning can be really tough. I had to adjust my timetable to that time, too and at first really struggled with it. I also felt sick this week, but managed to not get a full cold. My throut is still a little itchy, but jeah. I usually try to eat more fruits and vegetables than, take vitamins and try to get more sleep. Getting in more sleep seems to be the most important for me. But therefore I have to be more strickt with my time management and plan ahead. That doesn't always work out.

I'm glad you're feeling better. Have a good start into week two. =)

Hello there! :D 

I think the way I've gotten into doing it is just doing it as soon as I get home, and working until I stop to eat. It's just getting into the routine and not slacking off and going on social media instead.

Thank you for the reference! I'm definitely going to have to try out the asian scotch eggs, and the casseroles. I tend to just microwave a sweet potato and eat the entire thing as a snack.

Getting up early is just getting harder as it gets colder and darker. Getting out of bed is so hard. /cries to self. Honey and lemon water is the key to success! Or hot water and pepper, which I never have actually tried, but is apparently good for colds? Getting more sleep is definitely the most important part, and going to bed early is weird, but as I'm getting sleepy around half eight, so its not too much of a big deal for me.

I hope you get better as well! Thanks for your support :D 

Ten minutes, and she had just finished the first lap of the park. Twenty, and she was nearly three quarters through. It was frustrating, running in circles, around and around. Lotzo was tempted to cut corners, but every time she did so, an lady would walk past - walking, but feet flying, and give her a disapproving look that cut her to the core and she followed the path. If only she could be done with it!

So, I didn't manage to go to the ParkRun on Saturday, but I went for my own 3 mile walk around a local park. However, I did get my free (£2 shipping) 10 run ParkRun shirt, which I am now wearing for my morning runs as its a bright white athletic tee, so people should be able to see me better in the dark. I am also wearing my thermal top as it is now SO COLD. Its so difficult, but I'm doing it anyway.

Just before thirty minutes (my goal), Lotzo managed to cross the 5k line, her chest heaving. And practically within her grasp was the shadow, a glowing ball held softly in one hand. They sped up when it glanced behind and say her, almost as though it was shocked she had managed to keep up so far.

• Like 3

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm here for the awesome! Also, the Zombies, Run! app (I used the 5k training one. I'm still not quite there yet, but getting better). 

Sorry about the migraines :( I get them every couple of months, and almost always in the middle of the night. I have found that it I make sure to drink enough water, that I don't get them as often. Magnesium has also helped...just not too much! 

Congrats on kicking so much ass so far! It looks like your week 2 is shaping up to be great! 

• Like 1

The last few days have been a mixed bag of nuts, so I apologise for not being so active recently. I think the SAD is starting to kick in, and I've been quite busy.

The buses have been my biggest annoyance, which is kinda funny but really really irritating. Wednesday was fun because I went to Yakinori with some friends, but then the bus didn't turn up for 40 minutes, leaving me in the cold wind. I could have walked home. Then today I saw a bus go past, ran for the second - only for it to pass me, then waited 18 minutes for the next. It is cold and irritating, especially when all I need at the moment it to get home and have some peace and quiet. 

I've just felt like I don't really fit into my skin for the past few days, its too cold and heavy and not yet mine, but I have no idea if that makes sense to anyone else.

However, I have been managing to stick to my routine so far. I missed my workout today, because I woke late and felt groggy for the entire day, but I shall be walking to church and back on Sunday instead. 

The boiled eggs for breakfast are getting old and I'm slightly sick of them, so next week I will be making the Asian Scotch eggs and seeing how that works out.