The Beginning of a Multiverse Chase

Infinity.Creates

Woot, finally caught up!

You got one great set of goals there.

I'm sorry to here about that sickness though, hope you keep feeling better and better.

On 7.10.2016 at 7:28 PM, IAmInfinite said:

The buses have been my biggest annoyance, which is kinda funny but really really irritating. Wednesday was fun because I went to Yakinori with some friends, but then the bus didn't turn up for 40 minutes, leaving me in the cold wind. I could have walked home. Then today I saw a bus go past, ran for the second - only for it to pass me, then waited 18 minutes for the next. It is cold and irritating, especially when all I need at the moment it to get home and have some peace and quiet. 

I've just felt like I don't really fit into my skin for the past few days, its too cold and heavy and not yet mine, but I have no idea if that makes sense to anyone else.

However, I have been managing to stick to my routine so far. I missed my workout today, because I woke late and felt groggy for the entire day, but I shall be walking to church and back on Sunday instead.

That's actually making a lot of sense to me. But you will get back there, just keep  going and be patient with yourself it will take some time for your body to get used to the new demands you are putting up besides the bigger need for repairs between your runs.

So how was that walk this morning?

Regards

Casbin

They weaved through the park again, Lotzo free to run across the grass now, deeper and deeper into the trees. As always the shadow stayed just out of her reach, and Lotzo was starting to falter. But whenever she stumbled, the shadow looked backwards, and if she could have seen a face, she might even have said it was worried for her. When she turned a corner, there saw a large golden statue of a lion, with a beautiful female head. Caught off guard, Lotzo ran straight into it, crashing against it and a clanging filled her head. As she struggled to get up, Lotzo noticed that she had been pinned to the ground by one of the sphinx's paws!

So, the rest of the week has been slow and irritable. I'm barely managing to complete things. My saving grace for breakfasts is having mass cooked it. Work I do in school, and the workout and shower go together, and I do it to prove something to myself. But I am tired and struggling. The ParkRun this Saturday was incredibly discouraging. Despite my extra work, I am nearly as slow as I was when I started in February, and I have no idea why. I am no longer out of breath, but my legs are tight and my calves are struggling. I think I will do interval training this week instead, and see how that goes. 

The sphinx rose, solid metal flowing and twisting into graceful movement, until the golden hair was hovering inches off her terrified face. Out of the corner of her eye, Lotzo saw her shadow sauntering down the path, a medium sized white ball being tossed from hand to hand. Lotzo started to struggle and pull her way out from the sphinx's grasp, but it let out such a terrifying growl that she immediately stopped. "To pass, you must answer a riddle."

• Like 1
21 hours ago, six1 said:

Maybe you just need to stretch them more? Or have them massaged to get rid of any muscle tightness. 

I'm definitely going to work on stretching them out before I run, but I never had any of this sort of trouble before the summer? Even a month ago ... It's very sad.

18 hours ago, Mahalak said:

Have a good walk to church today?

It was good, I took my camera and took lots of photos. I haven't really had a good walk outside to actually walk in a while. Definitely calming.

• Like 1

Finally caught up with your thread! You have a great set of goals going. So sorry to hear you're struggling though.
Tight calves from running can be caused by a build up of trigger points. Ankle mobility exercises and foam rolling/massaging your calves might do the trick.

The zombie app sounds like a lot of fun.:) I might look into that for the next challenge. Need to get outside a bit this winter to prevent the SAD from creeping in.

5 hours ago, Zula said:

Finally caught up with your thread! You have a great set of goals going. So sorry to hear you're struggling though.
Tight calves from running can be caused by a build up of trigger points. Ankle mobility exercises and foam rolling/massaging your calves might do the trick.

The zombie app sounds like a lot of fun.:) I might look into that for the next challenge. Need to get outside a bit this winter to prevent the SAD from creeping in.

Thanks! :D

My ankles and knees are both quite weak, so I shall try and find some exercises to do for them. Foam rolling always seemed so strange to me, but after all the good stuff I'm hearing about it, I shall definitely have to try it out!

The Zombies!Run app is pretty good, and tons of people around the forums use them. And the SAD is a terror in the night. Let's defeat it together!

13 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

Thanks! :D

My ankles and knees are both quite weak, so I shall try and find some exercises to do for them. Foam rolling always seemed so strange to me, but after all the good stuff I'm hearing about it, I shall definitely have to try it out!

The Zombies!Run app is pretty good, and tons of people around the forums use them. And the SAD is a terror in the night. Let's defeat it together!

Foam rolling is like the cheapest massage ever, and comes with some strength training when doing certain areas. So it's a double win. ;)
Last year I found I had extremely low vitamin D levels. It caused a lot of troubles and cost me a lot of money before I figured out what it was. I am definitely taking vitamins this winter to minimize the SAD. 

On 10/7/2016 at 1:28 PM, IAmInfinite said:

I shall be walking to church and back on Sunday instead. 

Have a good walk to church today?

On 10/10/2016 at 2:27 PM, IAmInfinite said:

It was good, I took my camera and took lots of photos. I haven't really had a good walk outside to actually walk in a while. Definitely calming.

Excellent! Are you in a place where you have fall ahead? Always a fun time to  have a camera!

The leaves are turning orange and red, and I'e begun collecting them to press them. 

School has been kicking my butt recently, and I'm submitting my UCAS form to school tomorrow - I might be on my way to university! I'm so scared that I'm not going to get in, and I'm also scared that once I get there I won't want to stay. Still grappling with a future plan, but we shall see what turns out.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, IAmInfinite said:

The leaves are turning orange and red, and I'e begun collecting them to press them.

I collected already chestnuts. :D

Is it difficult to get a place at an university in GB? In Germany you need just "Abitur" the highest degree in school and you get 100% a place somewhere in Germany. There are just a few study disciplins which have restrictions like medicine and law.

Woop. This week has been crazy, and I'm just getting worn down. Fun! :D

On Wednesday I went out with a bunch of friends and drank a surprising amount of alcohol. I got home very late, so slept right through my alarm and didn't workout that night. Thursday night I went out to someone's house to talk about a hike we are going to do in the half term on Offers Dyke. Had the most delicious caeser salad. And then Friday has also just been busy. 

I'm not sure if I actually want to do NaNo this year, or work on building some other more important habits. I will probably also be writing for various Critical Role events :P

Also, the breakfast things have been great. I've gotten tired of smoothies, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, scotch eggs, meat based breakfasts, and cereal. So, I'm on the lookout for any new recommendations! 

And I'm sorry I didn't manage to do my story update this week. Tomorrow's will be longer to make up for that!

• Like 2

I wasn't planning on trying NaNo this year, but then I got an email from them and I was like, well... maybe... 

Have you tried overnight oats? They were my go-to I don't have time to make anything in the morning breakfast for awhile. My favorite was banana maple (with pie spices). But there are a ton of things you can do with them.

Lotzo nodded, eyes wide as she forced her brain to listen.

"A ball is able to bounce forever. On the first bounce, it travels 50cm. On the second it bounces 25cm. Each time is halved again. How long will it take to reach one meter?" The sphinx grinned, silver teeth in a white maw, but Lotzo grinned back. She had listened to the podcast "History of Infinity" - and talked about infinite divisibility. 

"Never."

Woop I'm getting busy and I might look into taking Vitamin D supplements, but it has been a good few days.

Yesterday was a terrible terrible ParkRun - probably the worst since I started. However, I almost didn't go, and I almost didn't finish the race, but I did - even if I was a complete zombie doing it. I also felt like crying for a good half of it, which was really strange. Just too many emotions too early in the morning. But it will get better again. 

The sphinx's eyes narrowed and and they asked another question.

"If I throw a ball a distance, I can make it complete stop and then reverse. There is no string and I don't hit it against anything. How did I do it?"

Lotzo started panicking, trying to force herself to think laterally. She could feel the sharp gold claws beginning to cut through the sleeves of her running shirt as she shouted out the answer. "You threw it up".

I also had my last D&D session. It's a massive weight off my shoulders, because it took up so much time and .... (you can read about it here ). So I feel so much relief leaving, even if it was an amazing game with some amazing players. Maybe I'll be able to pick something up with my friends which I do less regularly, but maybe for longer. 

There was a softening of the eyes of the sphinx? And the shadow was still hanging around at the corner, white ball being tossed side to side. It was definitely smaller than when it first had been taken from her, nearly 3/4 of the size. But she couldn't think too long on it as the sphinx asked its third and final question.

"What has four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three in the evening."

A classic sphinx question, and Lotzo answered with confidence. "A human." 

Today was church in the morning, then to a skiing lesson for my sister's 16th birthday party. Harder than I thought on my knees and thighs, lots of fun, did fall on my ass, and I want to be able to do it on snow some day. But yay, fun life experience!

The sphinx bowed its head and then stepped away, and Lotzo massaged her shoulder's before jumping up and starting after the shadow again. It was skipping down the road, and Lotzo growled under her breath before speeding up. It had been a nice break.

Also, this morning I tried out roasted sweet potato with some honey and cinnamon. Quite nice, though it was a bit much. I might be able to split them in two and have half a day with other things? And so much honey lemon ginger tea in my fridge right now :P

Running through the park, with the trees getting thicker and closer and darker, sunlight barely filtering in through the autumn leaves. She ran, occasionally loosing the shadow in the darkness, but the glinting of the white sphere shone through. She ran and she ran, before coming to an abrupt stop. Caught in mid air, white silk wrapped around her torso and arms - and she was relieving a childhood memory. Scootering around the garden before going straight through a spider web. The feeling of webs wrapped across her face and hair didn't leave her for a week. A muted whimper escaped her lips, as she struggled to clean her skin and get free of the web.

• Like 2
On 10/14/2016 at 8:46 PM, IAmInfinite said:

I'm on the lookout for any new recommendations! 

Do you like granola? There's recipes on the internet where you can make granola using your favourite nuts, seeds, etc. (no grains because I think you said you're doing paleo, right?).You can make a whole batch of it to make it last the whole week, if you don't get tired of it that is. Perhaps you can separate the tray into 5 or 7 parts where you can have different nuts and seeds each day. I haven't tried making it before, though, so don't take my word for it. :P Also there's this company called the Paleo Foods where they make grain-free granola cereals, so you can always buy that if you don't feel like cooking it (it's a bit on the pricey side though). 

51 minutes ago, six1 said:

Do you like granola? There's recipes on the internet where you can make granola using your favourite nuts, seeds, etc. (no grains because I think you said you're doing paleo, right?).You can make a whole batch of it to make it last the whole week, if you don't get tired of it that is. Perhaps you can separate the tray into 5 or 7 parts where you can have different nuts and seeds each day. I haven't tried making it before, though, so don't take my word for it. :P Also there's this company called the Paleo Foods where they make grain-free granola cereals, so you can always buy that if you don't feel like cooking it (it's a bit on the pricey side though). 

I've made granola a few times. It would be tricky to separate the tray like that because you have to take the tray out a few times to stir it. Most of the time I just omit the nuts and seeds when I cook it, and then just add them when I eat it. 

If you do make granola, your kitchen will smell amazing.

• Like 2

Lotzo wrenched an arm up and tore herself slowly free of the web, scraping the gunk off her clothes and face, mourning the temporary loss of her soft hair (though it had probably been pretty ruined when the sphinx had knocked her into the dirt). And infront of her, her shadow stood, tossing the white ball from hand to hand. But with each passing second, as she got more of herself free, the ball got smaller and small, and the shadow took on shape and colour.

These are the results of my first challenge :

Diet : 23          A (+4 CON)

Work : 22        A (+4 WIS)

Workout : 17   A (+2 DEX, +2 STA)

Skin Care : 22 A (+3 CHA)

Her torso was free, and Lotzo stopped for a second, heaving, watching almost hypnotically as the ball, now no larger than a ping pong ball, flew through the air. The shadow grew small and more solid, wispy brown short hair that curled around her ears. Lotzo's eyes widened as she freed one foot, and then the other, before dragging herself to stand infront of, well, herself.

It's a complete pass rate! I'm honestly so pleased with how this has gone, and how amazing the community has been. Taking with great people and coming up with fantastic ideas and joining Daily Dares that pushed me so much further than I ever thought I could have gone. I've never been so able to stick to and develop these habits. Of course, there are places I need to work on, like making sure I do my workouts, and coming up regularly with new breakfasts, but it's a new challenge to embark on.

The once shadow smiled, and extended a hand, the ball now gone. Lotzo's breath stopped and quickened in her chest, and, against all better judgement, took the hand. The shadow had challenged her and taken her to places she hadn't thought of. The shadow's smile grew, and Lotzo's imitated it. Then it spoke.

I shall be with the Rangers next challenge. No fear, I shall still run Juice Bar and I should be running a mini challenge this time as well. But new goals and new people! Side note, I won't really be available until Tuesday as I shall be busy hiking the Offers Dyke with some family from tomorrow (a 5 am wakeup! :D ).

"I am Infinity."

• Like 4