» chapter 00 : genesis [shaar]

shaar

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yes they do. Ranchers use them to move manure.

Do they call them manure shovels?

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Imagine a more alliterative alternative.

Hmmm. I get what you're saying.  My grandfather was a "gentleman farmer" and often used cow manure for the garden. But he just wheelbarrowed through the pasture and picked up the dried cowpies.  He was hard-core.  Think he was raised on a farm, but went on the graduate med school and be a G.P.  Hence the "gentleman farmer" thing.  

• Like 3

-Björn Járnhamar

Spoiler

@Rinna: That is literally what they were telling you to do - with a straight face. Write your name on all extending limbs.

Granted - I was in college, the hurricane in question turned out to bring a 100-year flood, aaaaaand my party school town was basically cut off from the rest of the world for a couple weeks due to water where it wasn't supposed to be.

Picture cops on boats yelling at belligerent teens to stay on their porches or get arrested.

#goodtimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Checking in while watching the Twilight Zone

So now we've got:

- Manure shovels

- Box-O-Mice

- The new ice skating show, Cars On Ice

- Followed up by the new water show HEY KID WRITE ARM ON YOUR ARM, From The Police

- Texas Nerd Commune

- More poop talk

And a partriddggeee in a pear treeeee!! 

:heart:

This just in, our local college is EVACUATING Thursday! Probably because they don't want to deal with the liability of Frat Bro Chaz doing stunts during the hurricane and getting hurt, and his helicopter mom Barbara suing them.

• Like 9

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

13 minutes ago, shaar said:

So now we've got:

- Manure shovels

- Box-O-Mice

- Followed up by the new water show HEY KID WRITE ARM ON YOUR ARM, From The Police

- Texas Nerd Commune

- More poop talk

This just in, our local college is EVACUATING Thursday! Probably because they don't want to deal with the liability of Frat Bro Chaz doing stunts during the hurricane and getting hurt, and his helicopter mom Barbara suing them.

Damnit, Chaz!

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

33 minutes ago, darkfoxx said:

@Rinna: That is literally what they were telling you to do - with a straight face. Write your name on all extending limbs.

Granted - I was in college, the hurricane in question turned out to bring a 100-year flood, aaaaaand my party school town was basically cut off from the rest of the world for a couple weeks due to water where it wasn't supposed to be.

Picture cops on boats yelling at belligerent teens to stay on their porches or get arrested.

#goodtimes

Oh, gosh.  I can't even fathom why.  Why?

• Like 2

-Björn Járnhamar

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, shaar said:

So now we've got:

- Manure shovels

- Box-O-Mice

- Texas Nerd Commune

- More poop talk

*dying laughing*

Ohhhh don't even get me STARTED on Helicopter Moms!!! RIDICULOUSNESS

#collegeadminofficejob #theactualworst

• Like 1
On October 3, 2016 at 3:49 PM, shaar said:

ALSO!

Double post because I wanted to share a story from today that reinforces, no matter how hard The Fitness Thing is, it is and will be worth it:

Talking with boss this morning about how her husband had a super stressful weekend because his elderly mother fell at home and couldn't get up.  And laid there for AN HOUR AND A HALF before she called someone Because Pride.

I can't imagine falling and not being able to get up because you don't have that little modicum of bodily control.  We were both just kinda shocked that she couldn't even crawl to a couch or stool and use that to help herself up because she had no upper body strength.  (Boss does lots of yoga/pilates and is a very healthy eater)  Like.... gosh.  This right here is reasons #1, #2, and #3 why I want to stay fit and mobile no matter what, because honestly I'm not getting any younger (*36 year old granny waves her cane*) and thinking about something like this just makes me go.... no.  No way!!!!  I never want to be that old lady who can't get her mail, or take care of her own housework, or needs help with the groceries.  Or who can't get up off the floor.  I never want to be confined to my body or have it work against me.  Age never ever has to limit what you can do and I'll be danged if I let myself fall into disrepair and a hindered life....

Anyways, food for thought, back to your regular scheduled BADASSERY.

This.... I'm totally with you on this!! I'm also with @Tanktimus the Encourager on the no to crazy levels of overweight all the bad family genes for that stuff. >.<

6 hours ago, shaar said:

Real life reality TV when it happens elsewhere, eh?

Man, I think for a lot of people common sense literally goes out the window.  Just... chill out, be smart and rational, stay inside, don't go go-karting during the storm or something... granted, our media helps NONE with this... (I mean, just go to the Weather Channel website at any time and ZOMG DISASTERLAND)

OOH snow stories!!  I bet it's pretty similar here... they've cancelled school before BECAUSE IT IS COLD AND MAY FLURRY and lort forbid kids have to put on a goddamn coat or something???

It happens really often and as someone from New England with actual winters it's just facepalm-worthy.

Dudeeee.... Most memorable snow incident ever... The week after I moved to Portland OR in 2008 the city got 19 inches of snow (really... 19 inches I really thought it was soon much less) and the city SHUT DOWN FOR A WEEK!!! And I mean SHUT DOWN... no trains... no buses... company I worked for closed its offices... you could not get around at all. For this Northeasterner it was... weird and shocking... I also laughed really hard at people because they do not do snow in Portland.

6 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I live in a state where if anything is coming out of the sky, it's like "OMG! HOW DO I DRIVE??" And people start going 40 mph on the highway. It's just a little rain people, calm down!

Hehe... I totally know how that is and that is very rarely me... When I was visiting nerd peeps in Denver I drove through snow, sleet and rain driving back to town from the Rockies and I think I was going 50 + most of the way o.0.

@shaar awesome job at picking yourself up and even more glad that I threw Ghost vids at you because there is no better thing that random vids straight from a concert, amirite?

• Like 2

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

I'ma leaves these here... Hopefully it works...

https://vimeo.com/185590650https://vimeo.com/185590695https://vimeo.com/185590752

Or maybe it will hate me and not include sound... I'll put them on YouTube or something tomorrow and try again.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

@Rinna: idiotic college students, hordes of fire ants, and hog waste mixed in the floodwaters is why the martial law; not sure about the limb labeling - it's not like I lived at the actual beach - Greenville is 35 minutes inland.

• Like 2

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

Damnit, Chaz!

Why is it always Chaz?!  Sigh...

10 hours ago, Shadri said:

*dying laughing*

Ohhhh don't even get me STARTED on Helicopter Moms!!! RIDICULOUSNESS

#collegeadminofficejob #theactualworst

OH GOSH you could probably write a book.... we've had our experiences at our office (we're about a mile from the university) but oh lort, actually being there??  *fears for the future of our country* ><

10 hours ago, Rinna said:

We love you, shaar.  Your thread is the best. 

31578690.jpg

You know YOU are the best, right?  Right?? <3 <3 <3

8 hours ago, Amdhiel said:

Dudeeee.... Most memorable snow incident ever... The week after I moved to Portland OR in 2008 the city got 19 inches of snow (really... 19 inches I really thought it was soon much less) and the city SHUT DOWN FOR A WEEK!!! And I mean SHUT DOWN... no trains... no buses... company I worked for closed its offices... you could not get around at all. For this Northeasterner it was... weird and shocking... I also laughed really hard at people because they do not do snow in Portland.

@shaar awesome job at picking yourself up and even more glad that I threw Ghost vids at you because there is no better thing that random vids straight from a concert, amirite?

OMFG a week... that is insane.....!!!!!  

The most I can recall in New England was 24 inches, but everyone had busted out and was motoring through snow piles in like two or three days.

/me pulls up USA map because duh geography

Oh wow Oregon is pretty much on the same level as New England latitude-wise... must just be a more mild climate there!

7 hours ago, Amdhiel said:

Or maybe it will hate me and not include sound... I'll put them on YouTube or something tomorrow and try again.

Dude I get audio on them!! YAAAAA!!! <333333333333  I remember we were eating dinner when you sent me the first one and I opened it and we were both like, AAAHH IT BE GHOST

4 hours ago, Muir said:

The last two pages of this thread are just way too funny!

BLESS THESE NERDS <3333333333

2 hours ago, Big_Show said:

I love your thread. Pooper scooper snow shovels and all.

And it loves you too

b1b0db3c4cf4912f68d561feaa6375c9.jpg

2 minutes ago, darkfoxx said:

@Rinna: idiotic college students, hordes of fire ants, and hog waste mixed in the floodwaters is why the martial law; not sure about the limb labeling - it's not like I lived at the actual beach - Greenville is 35 minutes inland.

This literally sounds like the premise of a Mad Max movie and it is amazing~

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

HOO DAWGIE according to Weather.com WE ARE TOTALLY DOOMED

doomed.png

Just look at those key words - dangerous - destructive - strike - CrUsHiNg - CHAOS

Also I wonder why it has me at Washington DC weather, hm, nice try, anyways.

This morning I pulled in a bunch of bullshit off the porch.  The rain's not supposed to start until Friday morning and then through Saturday night... we might get a total of 6-7 inches overall??  Saturday will be the worst.  To our credit we are in a newer subdivision with not a lot of big trees so we don't have to worry much about Wayward Branches finding their way into our living room.  We are somewhat low-lying though so our roads will surely flood first, ugh.  Hoping the backyard and easements can hold all the water and that it doesn't back up onto our porch.  It'll be ok, we'll have wine.

ALSO ALL THE LIQUOR STORES ARE CLOSING FRIDAY (our ABC board is state-run as opposed to individually owned franchises) so wowie people better get their moonshine ASAP.  We are making a grocery trip tonight for non-perishables because we usually shop on Saturday but lolnope.  

I still have serious lat DOMS from Monday.  Ugghhh this better go away by tomorrow so I can do shoulders & arms without issue!!!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

My favorite hurricane notice of all time cautioned residents who were too stubborn to leave (of course I was among them) to label their limbs (I labeled the shit out of those limbs).

Aaaaah. Hurricane season - how I only kinda miss the hysteria, since apparently they come to NYC too now.

11 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

#goodtimes

OK OK, what the hell? Clear this up for me. Are you labeling tree limbs in case they cause damage or something? Or your arms and legs so they can identify you when the hurricane rips you apart.

Asking for a friend.

23 minutes ago, shaar said:

ALSO ALL THE LIQUOR STORES ARE CLOSING FRIDAY (our ABC board is state-run as opposed to individually owned franchises) so wowie people better get their moonshine ASAP.  We are making a grocery trip tonight for non-perishables because we usually shop on Saturday but lolnope.  

If you are buying moonshine at a store, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG :P

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, wovercast said:

OK OK, what the hell? Clear this up for me. Are you labeling tree limbs in case they cause damage or something? Or your arms and legs so they can identify you when the hurricane rips you apart.

Asking for a friend.

That one.  I thought tree limbs also, but giggled imagining people writing on their arms & legs......only to find out it was arms & legs.  Go figure. 

• Like 3

-Björn Járnhamar

Spoiler

2 hours ago, wovercast said:

Hey man it's the best we can do on the coast, it's all flat here, no place to hide distilleries and stuff XD

POVERTY SHINE

58 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

But you used a snow shovel, right?

Well a small garden trowel was involved...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shaar said:

Well a small garden trowel was involved...

Sounds exhausting!

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

3 hours ago, shaar said:

OH GOSH you could probably write a book.... we've had our experiences at our office (we're about a mile from the university) but oh lort, actually being there??  *fears for the future of our country* ><

Oh yeah. One time I was irritated to the point of Doing A Drawing about helicopter moms... I'll try and post it once I get home. But, I am verrrrrry excited about the tutoring job, partly for that reason! We get a lot of difficult people in this office. I'm hoping that eventually I can switch over to only tutoring and NEVER HAVE TO DO SECRETARIAL WORK AGAINNNN~ :panda: 

• Like 4
50 minutes ago, Shadri said:

Oh yeah. One time I was irritated to the point of Doing A Drawing about helicopter moms... I'll try and post it once I get home. But, I am verrrrrry excited about the tutoring job, partly for that reason! We get a lot of difficult people in this office. I'm hoping that eventually I can switch over to only tutoring and NEVER HAVE TO DO SECRETARIAL WORK AGAINNNN~ :panda: 

What, you don't love being the planet's Emotional Abuse Sponge? Any job where "answer the phone" is not in the job description is automatically a good job by comparison.

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112