• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

15 hours ago, shaar said:

I like to grade my days on a 10/10 scale - like today is a 7/10 - that way I can sometimes say I'm having a 2/10 day without having to write out the words "everything is a giant shitfire" and then just feel worse about it.  My partner and I have made a nice system out of it. ^______^

Sounds like a good system. Catharsis only goes so far into helping us feel better, so sometimes its nice to use a more... Logical system of measurement?

My Monday was sitting at a 3/10 until gaming in the evening. As difficult as it is to DM a game on weeknights, I love having an excuse to see some of my favorite people via the webcam. :) And it helps when the game goes well. Too bad that isn't built into my challenge. >.>

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

I figured I should introduce myself since I started following/reading towards the beginning of the challenge and didn't make the time to post anything.

So, hi, I'm me and, for the most part, I'm breathing. I love to write fiction, read, paint with acrylics and watercolor, and spend lots of time outdoors. I homeschool my teens, which is fun and at times a bit challenging. I have a yoga streak that is currently on day 276. At this time, yoga is the only activity I can do because I had an ACL knee surgery back in April and through the rehab portion my ankle flared up and I have some sort of tendonitis in the ankle which makes walking and standing not much fun. It's getting better, though.

Today breathing feels hard because I'm anxious and exhausted. My biggest struggle is mainly external stuff at the moment. I'm being pulled in many directions with trying to give my teens a normal life while juggling helping my mom (who has an incurable form of ovarian cancer), being there for my dad to lend a hand (my brothers don't live nearby), my grandmother broke her hip and I need to coordinate visiting her, visiting my chiropractor to treatment on my ankle, and I'm missing my hubby who is currently in Washington State attending his grandmother's funeral. All the events listed happened over this last week. Oh, yeah, and I forgot to mention a root canal on Monday. I warned my teens that if anything else goes wrong this week don't be surprised if I laugh because I'm amazed I'm still standing. I also frequently end up in listener/counselor mode for family members as they process the stuff going on with my mom and at times I'm proud of myself for not completely falling apart. 

I have a history of depression and have been utilizing techniques I learned in the past to help me take one step at a time. This last week, though, sleep has been a bit elusive and I'm feeling it today. 

Anyways, I just wanted to pop in and say hi and to let you know that I'm reading about your struggles and triumphs. I'm thinking about you and even if I can't always post words of encouragement I'm relating to you in so many ways. Breathe. It's what it's all about.

Hang in there and I hope you have a great day.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jayniana Jones said:

Hi Everyone,

I figured I should introduce myself since I started following/reading towards the beginning of the challenge and didn't make the time to post anything.

So, hi, I'm me and, for the most part, I'm breathing. I love to write fiction, read, paint with acrylics and watercolor, and spend lots of time outdoors. I homeschool my teens, which is fun and at times a bit challenging. I have a yoga streak that is currently on day 276. At this time, yoga is the only activity I can do because I had an ACL knee surgery back in April and through the rehab portion my ankle flared up and I have some sort of tendonitis in the ankle which makes walking and standing not much fun. It's getting better, though.

Today breathing feels hard because I'm anxious and exhausted. My biggest struggle is mainly external stuff at the moment. I'm being pulled in many directions with trying to give my teens a normal life while juggling helping my mom (who has an incurable form of ovarian cancer), being there for my dad to lend a hand (my brothers don't live nearby), my grandmother broke her hip and I need to coordinate visiting her, visiting my chiropractor to treatment on my ankle, and I'm missing my hubby who is currently in Washington State attending his grandmother's funeral. All the events listed happened over this last week. Oh, yeah, and I forgot to mention a root canal on Monday. I warned my teens that if anything else goes wrong this week don't be surprised if I laugh because I'm amazed I'm still standing. I also frequently end up in listener/counselor mode for family members as they process the stuff going on with my mom and at times I'm proud of myself for not completely falling apart. 

I have a history of depression and have been utilizing techniques I learned in the past to help me take one step at a time. This last week, though, sleep has been a bit elusive and I'm feeling it today. 

Anyways, I just wanted to pop in and say hi and to let you know that I'm reading about your struggles and triumphs. I'm thinking about you and even if I can't always post words of encouragement I'm relating to you in so many ways. Breathe. It's what it's all about.

Hang in there and I hope you have a great day.

Welcome!! <3 <3 

Being pulled in all directions is such a drain on your resources.  Especially when it happens all at once...  You're totally right though, remember to breathe, and we will always make it through to the other side, even if it feels like we're not going anywhere....

Happy to have you with us <3333

So, big apologies to all for not posting a lot this week!  We have a hurricane on its way and I've been preparing the house (and us in it) as much as possible for when it settles in later this afternoon.  There's a slight potential for minor flooding so I'm a little worried about that, but to my credit I've done as much preparedness as I can and have got a lot of my bases covered. ^^

We're about mid-challenge now and heading straight for the holidays.... Halloween is coming SOON!!!

tumblr_lty60dMuxL1r534t8o1_500_large.jpg

It's probably my favorite holiday; I love the colors and the decorations and the cooler weather, and the slightly spooky feeling that comes with everything.  It's really keeping my spirits up as I deal with some tough stuff.  I think holidays can be a double-edged sword, especially those that involve family or larger groups... there's always potential for drama or stress, yeah?

Hope everyone's weekend is drama and stress free! <3  (But if it's not, feel free to let us know about it so we can cheer you on!)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jayniana Jones said:

Hi Everyone,

Welcome!

16 minutes ago, shaar said:

Hope everyone's weekend is drama and stress free! <3  (But if it's not, feel free to let us know about it so we can cheer you on!)

I'm working all weekend, which is normal, but fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.

• Like 2

Okay.  Week 3.  Let's make it happen and start it out on a good foot. :)

Mid-Challenge Discussion

Tell us three awesome, positive, wonderful, really true things about yourself that make you great.  It can be A N Y T H I N G, just reasons why you are a kickass human being.

1. I am very calm and level-headed in a crisis situation.

2. I think I am pretty funny and have a great sense of humor~

3. I have great hair.

Sometimes it's hard to type stuff like that out, or even say it, giving yourself compliments can be uncomfortable? And awkward? But it's important to remind ourselves that no matter how crummy things might be right now we are still amazing humans with so much worth~ <3 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Oh @shaar I wish I had found this earlier! Thank you so much for setting this up! I've been getting more and more uncomfortable talking about my recent breakdown in my challenge. It's spiraling out of control and I feel like I'm just whining! I know that's not a great attitude, but I'm very happy to have a safe place and community with both new and familiar folks :D 

Not sure how I feel about saying nice things about myself at the moment... but, I dunno. I guess that's what this is about so I'll try to tack it into my - better late than never - intro. So... I'm Meredith, 37yo city girl recently relocated to the mountains of upstate NY. I love nature and martial arts, and since I've been involved with NF, heavy lifting. Good things about me:

1. I'm compassionate. There's nothing I love more than feeling like I can be there for people and hopefully make some kind of positive difference in their lives.

2. I'm super fun and pretty good at getting others to have fun with me!

3. But also pretty good at knowing when people need to be left alone.

So I recently had a bit of a breakdown, coinciding with a physical and emotional program fail due to over training, loosing a very important friend, and loosing my driving privileges for the rest of the year. (I live on the side of a mountain and not being able to drive makes day to day stuff very difficult. There are lots of positives about this, more walking etc, but I tend to feel very trapped and isolated in general.) All of this happened during this past zero week, and I ended up having a few anxiety attacks on top of basically not eating.

I'm on the upswing now and trying to stay as positive as possible, but my emotions and confidence swings back and forth and I end up in some dark places. Mostly it keeps coming back to the feeling of being a failure, that I'm not good enough to do the things I'm pursuing, and that no matter what I do now, it's never enough.  (Last night I had a good solid cry because I couldn't do my last session of a mini challenge... even though I probably trained more than enough before that to satisfy the challenge.) Normally I'm quite good about these things, it's my body telling me what it needs, my head etc. I just can't seem to keep it together lately.

So that's me. Trying to perk up, also trying to let myself feel sad if I need to. Eating is going much better this week. I'm loosening up on strict clean eating in favor of IIFYM just because I'm actually eating enough this way and it's been more joyful, and I'm trying... so hard, to get the joy back in my life.

SO now to hit submit instead of deleting the last 3 posts I wrote up here....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, shaar said:

1. I am very calm and level-headed in a crisis situation.

2. I think I am pretty funny and have a great sense of humor~

3. I have great hair.

I don't know much about the first part, but yes to 3 and hell yeah to No2!

As for little ol' me:

1. I have amazing mental and emotional fortitude, which allow me to endure stuff from gruelling workouts to life's curveballs

2. I may suck at actually executing them, but I make calculated plans and never rush into things unprepared

3. I am a loyal, comitted friend and companion

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

1. I'm compassionate. There's nothing I love more than feeling like I can be there for people and hopefully make some kind of positive difference in their lives.

Hello! :)

18 hours ago, shaar said:

Tell us three awesome, positive, wonderful, really true things about yourself that make you great.  It can be A N Y T H I N G, just reasons why you are a kickass human being.

Hmm...

1) I am fairly good at giving other people advice and optimistic lines.

2) I am good at not pushing others buttons or triggering them, once I've been told what to avoid.

3) I love animals. <3

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Oh @shaar I wish I had found this earlier! Thank you so much for setting this up! I've been getting more and more uncomfortable talking about my recent breakdown in my challenge. It's spiraling out of control and I feel like I'm just whining! I know that's not a great attitude, but I'm very happy to have a safe place and community with both new and familiar folks :D 

Not sure how I feel about saying nice things about myself at the moment... but, I dunno. I guess that's what this is about so I'll try to tack it into my - better late than never - intro. So... I'm Meredith, 37yo city girl recently relocated to the mountains of upstate NY. I love nature and martial arts, and since I've been involved with NF, heavy lifting. Good things about me:

So I recently had a bit of a breakdown, coinciding with a physical and emotional program fail due to over training, loosing a very important friend, and loosing my driving privileges for the rest of the year. (I live on the side of a mountain and not being able to drive makes day to day stuff very difficult. There are lots of positives about this, more walking etc, but I tend to feel very trapped and isolated in general.) All of this happened during this past zero week, and I ended up having a few anxiety attacks on top of basically not eating.

I'm on the upswing now and trying to stay as positive as possible, but my emotions and confidence swings back and forth and I end up in some dark places. Mostly it keeps coming back to the feeling of being a failure, that I'm not good enough to do the things I'm pursuing, and that no matter what I do now, it's never enough.  (Last night I had a good solid cry because I couldn't do my last session of a mini challenge... even though I probably trained more than enough before that to satisfy the challenge.) Normally I'm quite good about these things, it's my body telling me what it needs, my head etc. I just can't seem to keep it together lately.

So that's me. Trying to perk up, also trying to let myself feel sad if I need to. Eating is going much better this week. I'm loosening up on strict clean eating in favor of IIFYM just because I'm actually eating enough this way and it's been more joyful, and I'm trying... so hard, to get the joy back in my life.

SO now to hit submit instead of deleting the last 3 posts I wrote up here....

YAYAYAYAY hi!  So happy to have you!! ^____________^  And HECK YES for hitting submit!  *mega-nerd fistbump*

Upstate NY is lovely!!  I'm from central Massachusetts originally and I really miss the forests, and the fall, and the mountains. You're so spot on though that it can be SUPER isolating... I was in a very rural area and man, without transportation to get out sometimes... ugh.  I feel you.  Hang in there <3333333

It's great you're letting yourself feel sad.  I think a lot of people will kinda... dig their heels in the sand when negative emotions show and just try so hard to avoid it, and make it worse??  I'm a huge proponent of feeling ALL emotions, no matter how shitty, and letting them go after they've had their moment.  It can be hard to let go though, remembering not to live in the down feelings is tough when you're there.....

You've dealt with a lot during zero week, and you're still here, and being mindful of your feelings and foodings and struggles and that's HUGE!!  You will totally get that joy, little by little~ :)

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I don't know much about the first part, but yes to 3 and hell yeah to No2!

As for little ol' me:

1. I have amazing mental and emotional fortitude, which allow me to endure stuff from gruelling workouts to life's curveballs

2. I may suck at actually executing them, but I make calculated plans and never rush into things unprepared

3. I am a loyal, comitted friend and companion

Dude you and me, our #1's are both extremely similar, I'm sure if we put our minds to it (harhar pun intended) we could put up with ALL OF THE CRAP and win Nobel Peace Prizes~

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

Hello! :)

Hmm...

1) I am fairly good at giving other people advice and optimistic lines.

2) I am good at not pushing others buttons or triggering them, once I've been told what to avoid.

3) I love animals. <3

YES #1!!  Never discount the power of a good cheering squad!!

A N I M A L S <3

I am very hung up on Red Pandas lately... <3

September-21-2011-22-10-40-tumblrlhgke1r

I mean

UGHHHHH <333333333333

• Like 3

Hope it's okay I participate here still, even though I kind of changed my challenge by just switching to my battle log.

Anyways:

1. I love all beings. For real. Even slugs and spiders and lizards and toads...

2. I'm passionate. When I find something I love I throw my whole self into it. All my joy is fully directed towards whatever project or thing I'm working on.

3. I'm crafty and artsy though I rarely have time to work on projects. I have a ton of ideas floating around in this brain of mine :P 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, shaar said:

A N I M A L S <3

I mean

UGHHHHH <333333333333

I recently discovered the Swedish Vallhund

side-2_680-453.jpg

They're basically WOLF CORGIS

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I recently discovered the Swedish Vallhund

side-2_680-453.jpg

They're basically WOLF CORGIS

!!!!!!!

I used to see one of these dogs at the animal hospital I worked at years ago!

His name was MONTY and he was the happiest dude!  MINI VIKING DOGS YES

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rosie's Riveter said:

Hope it's okay I participate here still, even though I kind of changed my challenge by just switching to my battle log.

Anyways:

1. I love all beings. For real. Even slugs and spiders and lizards and toads...

2. I'm passionate. When I find something I love I throw my whole self into it. All my joy is fully directed towards whatever project or thing I'm working on.

3. I'm crafty and artsy though I rarely have time to work on projects. I have a ton of ideas floating around in this brain of mine :P 

YES please you are more than welcome!! :D Hihihi~

I bolded your #3 because that speaks to my soul; oh man if I had a clone (or 5?) maybe some of these cool ideas would actually get done, right?? XD

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, shaar said:

YES please you are more than welcome!! :D Hihihi~

I bolded your #3 because that speaks to my soul; oh man if I had a clone (or 5?) maybe some of these cool ideas would actually get done, right?? XD

Ditto. I have so many ideas! But turning those wobbly balls of goo into something that speaks to other people is so dang hard!!

• Like 3

On 10/11/2016 at 10:42 AM, shaar said:

YAYAYAYAY hi!  So happy to have you!! ^____________^  And HECK YES for hitting submit!  *mega-nerd fistbump*

Upstate NY is lovely!!  I'm from central Massachusetts originally and I really miss the forests, and the fall, and the mountains. You're so spot on though that it can be SUPER isolating... I was in a very rural area and man, without transportation to get out sometimes... ugh.  I feel you.  Hang in there <3333333

It's great you're letting yourself feel sad.  I think a lot of people will kinda... dig their heels in the sand when negative emotions show and just try so hard to avoid it, and make it worse??  I'm a huge proponent of feeling ALL emotions, no matter how shitty, and letting them go after they've had their moment.  It can be hard to let go though, remembering not to live in the down feelings is tough when you're there.....

You've dealt with a lot during zero week, and you're still here, and being mindful of your feelings and foodings and struggles and that's HUGE!!  You will totally get that joy, little by little~ :)

YAY! *fist bump* it's coming along, and I think it really helped the day I said - heyo, be sad. you're sad. Be sad. This week is rocking despite a mild cold, hitting my maintenance cal goals on workout days, just shy on rest. Started a new job, hopefully things will continue on the up and up! Thanks for the welcome!

On 10/11/2016 at 10:42 AM, shaar said:

Dude you and me, our #1's are both extremely similar, I'm sure if we put our minds to it (harhar pun intended) we could put up with ALL OF THE CRAP and win Nobel Peace Prizes~

YES #1!!  Never discount the power of a good cheering squad!!

A N I M A L S <3

I mean

UGHHHHH <333333333333

OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE <3

• Like 3

On 10/10/2016 at 1:42 PM, shaar said:

Hmm. I found myself hesitant to post something. Not sure why, but figured since I'm resistant all the more reason to go forward. :)

1. I'm playful. Give me a challenge or a board game and the opportunity to be quirky and I'm happy.

2. I care deeply for others especially my family.

3. I'm curious about many things and love to learn.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jayniana Jones said:

Hmm. I found myself hesitant to post something. Not sure why, but figured since I'm resistant all the more reason to go forward. :)

1. I'm playful. Give me a challenge or a board game and the opportunity to be quirky and I'm happy.

2. I care deeply for others especially my family.

3. I'm curious about many things and love to learn.

Yes!!! <3

There's a quote I heard once, 'the thing you resist most is the thing you need most'.  Or something to that effect.  I think it could work in most situations. ^^ (Most, because I resist poking wasps nests, but I definitely don't need that......)

How's everyone doing going into Week 4??  It's the home stretch!!!!

Mid-Challenge Discussion

How did your goals work out for you this time around?  Did you find yourself struggling much?  If so, what's your next plan of action?

I'm actually doing wildly better than I had envisioned.  I proved to myself that I can do HARD WORK and can kick things up a notch if I do it smartly and sustainably!! <3 Even when my brain tries to get in my way; I'm having a hard day today and I still put my head down and got my workout done.  Proud of myself, go me....

• Like 2

Just now, shaar said:

How's everyone doing going into Week 4??  It's the home stretch!!!!

Mid-Challenge Discussion

How did your goals work out for you this time around?  Did you find yourself struggling much?  If so, what's your next plan of action?

This is basically the first week so far this challenge that I feel centered going in. All the goals shifted and switched so many times it's unquantifiable to try and gauge what worked LOL, but I do have some clear ideas on what I want to work on going forward. I decided I will be stepping out of the warriors guild and mingle with some new people, some new ideas, get out of my comfort zone and make some new comfort zones. I'm very much looking forward to a fresh start :D 

Just now, shaar said:

I'm actually doing wildly better than I had envisioned.  I proved to myself that I can do HARD WORK and can kick things up a notch if I do it smartly and sustainably!! <3 Even when my brain tries to get in my way; I'm having a hard day today and I still put my head down and got my workout done.  Proud of myself, go me....

YAY!!!! It's so easy to over think things, especially when the things need planning ;) Awesome to hear it's working!!!! Here's to the home stretch... :D 

• Like 2

Hey y'all, happy Thursday!! <3

Since this challenge cycle is just about wrapped up and things are a bit quiet here, I'm going to bow out of this thread for now.  I hope everyone that participated had a good time and felt good about posting here!!  I'll start a new group whenever the next challenge boards go up, and we can keep moving forward together to keep our heads and hearts in line. Thank you for journeying with this group, you are amazing~

past-buddha-quote.jpg

• Like 3

I haven't dropped in in a while but wanted to share with you all that I completed one of my goals as a reward for the last month challenge; my goal was to hug Sebastian Stan, well I did that and more.  I worked up the courage to ask him to flex his muscles for me in the second photo taken, I felt like an ass asking him but he was lovely about the whole thing.  I'm going to put the pic up in my workout room as gymspiration. 

image.jpg1_zpsobwgqkkv.jpg

(apologies for the poor quality pic)

This is weekend I attended wizard world Tulsa; I put my social anxiety aside and talked to lots of people and made some new friends which was great.  I wasn't shy or awkward with the guests, the lovely Michael Rooker told me I was pretty and James Masrters told me I'm exactly the same size as Sarah Michelle Gellar which just makes me giddy.  I'm a huge Buffy fan and knowing a tiny little woman played her role makes my day.  I knew she's was short but as short as me?  Nope.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Phoenix91 said:

I haven't dropped in in a while but wanted to share with you all that I completed one of my goals as a reward for the last month challenge; my goal was to hug Sebastian Stan, well I did that and more.  I worked up the courage to ask him to flex his muscles for me in the second photo taken, I felt like an ass asking him but he was lovely about the whole thing.  I'm going to put the pic up in my workout room as gymspiration. 

image.jpg1_zpsobwgqkkv.jpg

(apologies for the poor quality pic)

This is weekend I attended wizard world Tulsa; I put my social anxiety aside and talked to lots of people and made some new friends which was great.  I wasn't shy or awkward with the guests, the lovely Michael Rooker told me I was pretty and James Masrters told me I'm exactly the same size as Sarah Michelle Gellar which just makes me giddy.  I'm a huge Buffy fan and knowing a tiny little woman played her role makes my day.  I knew she's was short but as short as me?  Nope.  

AAHHHH THAT PHOTO!!!!  You are lovely and so happy!!!  ALSO you met JAMES MARSTERS and I am 500% envious, Spike is the best!!!  (He and Dru were my favorites, gosh, I love Buffy~~)

YOU    ARE     AWESOME   :love_heart:

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Just in case people missed it, here's a link for next challenge's Project B.R.E.A.T.H.E.

Ahahaha durrr I forgot to post that here didn't I

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar <3

• Like 2