Schaengel runs a marathon

Schaengel

After a F Up in my last challenge and a okay Respawn...here it is...the last challenge I will do with the Scouts for now. :)

I will ttry something new and split my goals over the four weeks (because this time it makes totally sense.)

I will add how many times at least I want to do so that I feel that I passed that goal in brackets

My goals are:

Quest 1: Run Forest Run!

Timeframe: Now till 2nd October

My first ever marathon will be on October 2nd so the goals are:

- Follow the plan for regeneration and running (I will add that here later)

- Do yoga every other day.(Goal 7times)

- Finish the marathon!

Bonus: Plan meals that will benefit the overall goal

CLEARED! :D

Quest 2: Habla Espanol?

Timeframe: 5th October till 22th October

It's time to get back to learning Spanish. Since I will be travelling a lot there should be time for learning:

- When on the road, read at least one chapters from the spanish book per day  ( 13times)

- when at home add 20 minutes of vocabulary training (with cards and/or duolingo)

Quest 3: "...denn du bist, was du isst" (Rammstein reference because German ;)

- Track what I eat with MFP

- Try to stay under the calorie goal

- Don't undereat (-200kcal for the goal are okay...)

Quest 4: It's all about the community!

- Have a lot of fun meeting NF-Nerds in Edinburgh

- Support the League of Epicness (and maybee restart the Accountabuddie Thread for that)

- Support the Hellfire Club (REPRESENT ;) )

- Spread the PMA

So that's it for now.

• Like 5

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

Zero week day 1

Last day of my "vacation", tomorrow I will start working for two weeks in a congress center and after that my traineship will be finished and I will be in the last month of my bachelor studying.

Day was okay, ate like an asshole, did some yoga until the video lagge to much...spend some time reading and watching stupid, stupid online shows.

Wrote an application for a job in Hamburg, that's awesome because I hate that. I know I'll be a good fit for the position. I know I can  probably score the job if I get an interview BUT I can never get that over in the letters I write and I'm still frustrated from the last times I had to write that stuff so for me actually doing it is allready a little win...

Oh and also...could the damn Steelers start playing football already... D:

- Follow the plan for regeneration and running (I will add that here later) Today was a run free day

- Do yoga every other day.(Goal 7times) Did as best as I could

- Finish the marathon!

Bonus: Plan meals that will benefit the overall goal NOPE

Quest 3: "...denn du bist, was du isst" (Rammstein reference because German ;) )

- Track what I eat with MFP YES

- Try to stay under the calorie goal NOPE

- Don't undereat (-200kcal for the goal are okay...) I'm definitely not undereating today ;(

It seems like most people are enjoing there zero week. I'll be waiting :)

• Like 4

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Here to cheer and support! You totally got this. :) 

• Like 2

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Zero week day 2

First day at the congress-center and it's definetily more physical then the last two month of work. I think I will need some days to adjust to that...was spend after work so didn't went running but finished and sended my application for a job. I'm thinking about putting the food goal on suspention till the weeks at the center are done because, I need time for cooking and planing and buying good food and I just don't have that at the moment :(.

So main goal for the next weeks is regenerating enough fo the marathon and after that getting back to fixing my diet.

- Follow the plan for regeneration and running (I will add that here later) Nope I was spend after work

- Do yoga every other day.(Goal 7times) Nope

- Finish the marathon!

Bonus: Plan meals that will benefit the overall goal NOPE

Quest 3: "...denn du bist, was du isst" (Rammstein reference because German ;) )

- Track what I eat with MFP NO

- Try to stay under the calorie goal NOPE

- Don't undereat (-200kcal for the goal are okay...) I'm definitely not undereating today ;(

It seems like most people are enjoing there zero week. I'll be waiting :)

• Like 4

One of the biggest take away for me during marathon training was having a snack/meal that after your done training and the race if over you stop consuming - I did a protein shake/smoothie for mine ... was some 350-400 calories I'd have every day then dropped after - really helped me keep off weight gain  

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

So the last day were kinda buys so keeping this thread up to date is a challenge. But I hope to manage better when it officialy started.

Work is still fun, but it's a lot more walking/running around so I'm normally spend in the evening. Also work time is changing constantly which is kinda hard today I start at 5pm yesterday was 10am and tomorrow is 7am so I kinda have to plan everyday new. That makes training kinda hard to fit in sometimes. I did run today and did some yoga stuff yesterday but will not hit my goals there.

I'm also a little stressed because it's only ten days...I dreamed about the marathon the last night (normally I don't remember what I dream) and woke up kinda stressed :/

On the up side, the food stuff is going more smoothly then I imagined it to be and I managed to not overeat the last days.

Will spend the rest of today, reading NF and stuff about marathon tipps and tricks and maybee will try to relax and get rid of some of the stress ;)

• Like 5

On 22.9.2016 at 3:59 PM, Primeval said:

Post links if you find any good ones! Are you stressed out, or fearful? What are your fears?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If I find something good I'll share it for sure (even though it might be in German ;) ), the stress is probably because finishing the marathon feels like something that I have to do now or I won't do it in a long time/ever. It feels that way because I have spend so much time training for that and also at the moment I have nearly the best surrounding for the training. When I finish studying at the end of the year and start working I will not have that much free time for training anymore AND I know that I'm not motivated to train for it the next month because I started missing bodyweight stuff and climbing pretty bad inbetween and am looking forward to doing that again for some month or longer.

The fear for the day is that I might be too slow to finish :(. In training I did 25km in 3hours to 3hours 10 minutes. The goal in cologne closes after 6hours (from the first start) so since I will be in a late starting block that will probably leave me with something between 5.30h and 5.15h to finish so if something goeas wrong that will make it quite a tight finish :/.

• Like 4

The day was kinda mixed again. Went to work, nothing special there. Decided to not go to a concert in the evening and do a wellness for the mind evening instead. So pizza some sweet stuff and watching stuff that I didn't had time for over the week. I'm maybee a little over my calories today but I needed it...

• Like 2

Last day of Zero week:

Went to the away-game from my football-club today...and found out (again) that it's not really my thing anymore. Meeting the other fans I know for years is nice but somehow it feels more like something that I need to do sometimes and not something I like to do anymore. Also my team lost so that was a little annoying too.

Eating was...let's say I tried and it could have been worse ;) but I'm not stressed about that (that will probably end after the marathon is done).

Also I'm seeing a lot of Camp Nerd Fitness pictures and videos and stuff on instagram and oooohhh it looks soo cool...I wanna go there >_<. (I just need free time and money...oh and since I would need to go to the US for that also some time to visit New York,...and a Steelers Game...and the Burning Man Festival...and...Ok that's probably not going to happen...how about a european version? I could help since I'm looking for work as an event manager anyway...How about that Steve?? Steve?? ;) Back to reality now).

Started reading about Edinburgh so that I can plan the two and a half days I'll spend there alone without the NF-Girls and Guys...also I decided to not plan anything for the Mac Backpackers tour to the Isle of Skye...so there will be no stress (but I will take some literature about the area with me nonetheless).

So tomorrow is the start of the challenge let's see if I can slowly get back in for real this time :D

(Also: I decided to give myself a little extra-motivation for the marathon so if I Succed I will join the NF Academy)

• Like 5

Bummer about the Football-Club away game feeling. :( We sometime grow out the things we used to love. 

I feel ya on the NF Camp. Those pictures make me so jealous, Haha

• Like 2

Spoiler

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

First day of the Challenge :)

And it starts kinda okay. Was up really early and used that to go for a short 5k in the morning sun.

After that we meet with our Anime group (in short a group of friends that organize/help with a monthly meeting for 300+ anime fans in Koblenz) to celebrate a birthday and have a lot of sushi. After that we strolled arround the city and enjoyed the sunny sunday.

Went home and did some pc and work stuff, had a little snack and now will be a little relaxing and then bed-time...

Did I follow the plan for the marathon? YES

Did I eat good? A little too  much sushi but overall yeah

Did I track with MFP? No because I only had Sushi + Snack and that was too annoying to track with MFP

• Like 4

That does look like a pretty day!

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

I request more Rammstein quotes! :)

Running a marathon just amazes me.  I completed a half marathon with a lot of walking thrown in.  I understand that fear of finishing on time.  I was so afraid I'd get to the half-way point too late and the running marshalls would make me leave the course.  I bet the adrenaline of the day will help you stay under the time limit.

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Following along. I'm glad I didn't miss your marathon. I worried I wouldn't get to cheer you on. :) Jitters for the marathon run make sense considering it's all new, but regardless what your time is, you did it. 

However, I'm going to argue with you for a second about this being the only (perfect) time for you to train for and run a marathon. Totally not true. There are plenty of chances if you want there to be. It's more about making it a priority than letting external circumstances control you.

Happy training. :) 

• Like 2

Druid - Assassin - Adventurer Level 18

Challenges: [Current
[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]

Really short update:

I'm incredible busy...I'm incredible nervouse...

I started preparing all my clothing and my shoes. Tomorrow I'll get the last informations and my starting number and will prepare my knees and ankles with kinesio-tape (so I can adjust that over the two following days). And then it's allready that aweful day X_x (Let's see how that goes ;) )

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

• Like 3

Image result for you got this gif

Image result for you got this gif

• Like 2

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

So a quick first look at the day...will write more over the next days...today I will take care of my legs and eat some pizza :) I earned that :D

• Like 6

After 26.2 you get to eat ALL the things as the saying goes 

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns