Ryuu1011 Rises in Iron

Ryuu1011

Week 0: Day 5- Sept 23, 2016

TL;DR Ryuu works on his handstands and adventures with a friend

Yeshhhh finally Friday! Decided to opt out of my standard workout today since I haven't really had a standard week and just work on my handstands and play around in the gym for about a hour getting a good sweat on. Found this sweet handstand gif that shows the physics of a good handstand. Hopefully one day mine might by 1/2 as good as this guy's. (It'd be awesome to know his training plan/ how he do to that level!) My handstand training routine is below if you're interested:

HS Belly to Wall [45 sec]

Rest [30 sec]

Shoulder Taps [45 sec]

Rest [30 sec]

Free Standing HS [45 sec]

Rest [30 sec]

Press to HS [45 sec]

Rest [60 sec]

Free Standing HS [45 sec]

Rest [60 sec]

HS Belly to Wall [45 sec]

.  physics comments analysis weeks details

After playing around in the gym I actually met up with a friend and not only went for about a 30min run but also a 1h bike ride too! I was so active today! Then to counteract that we went to Red Robin and while I did get some healthy options (chicken, lettuce raped sandwich w/ broccoli instead of fries) I just couldn't help eating a bunch of my friend and GF's fries when they got more [Red Robin has endless fries] and then had about 1/4  of the giant slice of pie that we got to split for a desert. But even after all of that I'm still under my cal goal in MFP for the day so all is well in nutrition world :) (hopefully lol) 

• Like 3

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

That handstand gif is awesome! That guy is so strong. o_o

And well done on staying within your kcal range with pie! :D 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Week 0: Day 6- Sept 24, 2016

TL;DR Ryuu rides his bike forever

200w.gif

My students had a Cross Country meet this morning and it was a lot of fun to see them really run and compete against the other teams for the first time, they did great and almost everyone lowered their 2mile time (XC for middle school is only a 2m / 3k) After the meet I decided to meet up with my friend and go for a bike ride at 11:00am to go get some lunch at a Chick-fil-a about 3.5 miles away so we were riding for about 1h 15min and rode about 7.6 total miles and burning about 650 cals. Then after a short break at his place we decided to meet up with another friend and bike to and complete the greenway that is here in town (across town but we don't specifically now how far away it was when we started) Man, did it turn into a true test of endurance, but damn if we weren't determined to finish. The overall journey took almost exactly 3hours and we rode about 18miles there and back burning about 1,340 cals. Also note, that before yesterday I haven't touched a bike in probably 1 year or more. 

In total, I rode for almost 4.25 hours, traveled about 25.6miles, and burned an extra 1990 calories today.

200w.gif

As you can probably guess we were pretty exhausted after we go back so we decided to go see the new Western movie that came out the Magnificent Seven, it was a pretty good action movie with some funny parts thrown in and a lot of Wild West good times, I'd highly recommend it if you enjoy westerns or action movies.    

• Like 1

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Week 0 Review 9/19-25/16

Sick but not beaten, Ryuu battles onward towards his goals

Image result for destiny rise of iron

I think I've done a mighty fine job this week considering I've been sick and fighting off the plague. Today, I managed to do 1 hour of yoga, 30 min of archery, and even managed to squeeze in a light 30min walk too! I'd consider that a very active rest day :)

Goal One: Go to the gym/workout 3x per week- 6 /18
I'm giving myself a little leway on this one since I was with plague for the majority of the week. But I made it to the gym on Monday and Friday and did yoga on Wedneday and Sunday. And thats not counting my epic bike ride from yesterday, so I'm giving myself full credit for the week. 
Goal Two: Loose 6lbs and 2%BF
Start: 172.3lbs Goal: 166lbs

Weight as of 9/23 = 166.8 lbs 

Progress towards goal: -5.5lbs 
Start: 22.1% BF Goal: >20%

FB% as of 9/23 = 23.8%

Progress towards goal: +1.7%
Sooo I'm still really confused on what my weight and BF%s are doing, not sure why they both are not going down, but I'm going to try a few of the measurement calculations @Anim07734 showed me sometime this week. As well as take some new measurements so hopefully I'll have a better idea of where I am at towards my goals this week. But at least in terms of lbs I'm almost past my goal and the challenge has barley started so yay! for that.   
Goal Three: Record all food intake in MFP (MyFitnessPal) for 6 weeks- 14/ 42 
Still going strong for this goal, and from not eating very much when I was super sick on Tuesday and my super bike ride yesterday I'm actually 2,753 cal under my weekly goal! Hopefully I'll be able to keep up this momentum for the whole challenge! :) 
Goal Four: Read Spartan Fit- 176/239  

This is turning into a very easy read, and I think I might give the 30 day transformation challenge in the book a try for the next challenge. 

• Like 2

The important thing to remember when tracking body composition is that you need to look at general trends more than individual data points.  There are a lot of variables that can cause spikes at random points, but those tend to get evened out over time.  If you've been sick and not eating much, it's no wonder your weight is down, but I wouldn't get my hopes up yet, as you'll probably regain most of it when you start eating regularly and rehydrate.

In the interest of getting the most consistent measurements possible, I highly recommend taking them first thing in the morning, before you've eaten.  I also recommend taking multiple measurements and either taking the average or using the median (less math :playful:).  Personally, I take 3 measurements, then keep going until I get a mode (most common) that equals the median (center point).  You also need to practice holding the same posture every time and decide whether to flex your abs for the waist measurement, and how hard to flex.  All these things will affect your measurements.

And since those terms may be confusing for non-engineers:

Spoiler

The average (or mean) equals the total of all results divided by the number of results.  example =>  (x1+x2+x3+x4+... +x10)/10

The mode is the most common number in a set.  example =>  if you have a set of numbers: 1, 3, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 9, 9, 10, 10; then the mode is 9, with three occurrences.

The median is the center point of a set, when the numbers are laid out sequentially.  example =>  using the set above, the median is 8 because there are five numbers lower and five numbers higher.

Some people like to take measurements daily, some (like me) go weekly, and some go bi-weekly or monthly.  Hazard likes to take his daily, then average across a week.  It's just a question of what schedule works for you.  Just don't get too excited the first time you see a drop or too stressed the first time you see a rise; everything balances out in the long run, so that's what you need to keep an eye on and adjust to.

• Like 2

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Week 1: Day 1- Sept 26, 2016

TL;DR Ryuu does all the things! 

Image result for all the things

Completed all the things I wanted to do today as Plus I did all of the running for the Assassin's Mini-Challenge today! Woot productivity! :D

MiniChallenge Speed Work- 1h 

10 min run- 1.19 miles

10 min of 10 sec sprints- 16 sets w/ 30 sec of rest in between sets

30 min jog- 2.52 miles 

Strength Workout -1h 6min

5min Warm Up and Handstand Practice

Weighted Chin Up
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 10/25/45
Set: 2 Reps: 6 1/2 /8 Lbs: 55/ 35

Handstand Push Ups
Set: 3 Reps: 5/5/5 Variation: Head Tap
Set: 2 Reps: 2/8 Variation: H Tap on 35lbs/ H Tap

Seated Cable Row *with rope handle*
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 85/100/120
Set: 2 Reps: 6/8 Lbs: 140/ 120

Lateral Raise
Set: 3 Reps: 6/8/6 Lbs: 30

Ab Chair Raises
Set: 3 Reps: 10/12/10 Lbs: 10

• Like 3

Week 1: Day 2 & 3- Sept 27-28, 2016

TL;DR Ryuu gets busy

Not sure why but the forums would not let me post anything new yesterday it was really weird, I ended up posting some stuff through Taptalk but that was about it. Apart from that yesterday was pretty...wet lol We had out first Cross Country meet and it started pouring down rain about 1/2 through so everyone got drenched. In the end it was quite a hoot and everyone ended up having a pretty good time. Most of my students even decreased their times! :D Even thought yesterday was my rest day I still did a small deck of cards workout  to help out my fellow Doodlies. 

Today was pretty busy day, I didn't get home until almost 8:00pm and I really didn't want to go to the gym but I forced myself to go and at least get it done. And in the end I'm much happier with myself for forcing me to go. Workout detail's below: 

Squats
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 135/ 155/ 175
Set: 2 Reps: 8/10  Lbs: 205/ 185

Power Clean
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 95/ 115/ 135
Set: 4 Reps: 4  Lbs: 145

Standing Calf Raise
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 205/ 235/ 255
Set: 2 Reps: 7/9 Lbs: 355/ 295

Barbell Curls
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 65/70/75

Set: 2 Reps: 5/7 Lbs: 85/ 75

Hammer Curls
Set: 2 Reps: 8/10 Lbs: 35/30

• Like 2

Week 1: Day 4 & 5- Sept 29-30, 2016

TL;DR Ryuu's has a burst of will power and sees the power of his habits

Thursday was pretty mundane in terms of activity, though I did complete an hour long yoga class with my cross country runners for a recovery day. Even though it was a beginner class it was very interesting to see them struggle and find out that yoga is a lot more difficult than they initially thought. But then when I got home I got on Destiny and was just absorbed into that game for probably much longer than I should have been staying up much later than my regular bedtime (stayed up almost till 2am >_<) too addicting! Does anyone have any good strategies for tearing themselves away form a video game after they have been playing for a few hours? 

Friday was quite the day at school, I had a very frustrating incident with a student which ended up just making feel exhausted and burnt out for the rest of the day. As I was driving home I must have said "oh I can just stop there and get something and go home" to every restaurant and fast food place that I passed. On top of that I was exceedingly hungry by the time I go finished with work and somehow managed to get a protein bar at the gas station while I was filling up instead of getting a candy bar which I'm pretty proud of myself for. I don't know about you guys but I know that if I go home before going to the gym I'm done for the day and my will power is going to fail so I actually have made myself go to the gym quite a few times when I didn't want to go by just intentionally driving past my apartment and kept going until I got to the gym. Its probably one of the best strategies I've found to making myself workout. Friday's workout is below:

Incline Bench Press
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 115/ 125/ 135
Set: 2 Reps: 8/10  Lbs: 155/ 135

Flat Bench Press
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 135/ 145/ 155
Set: 2 Reps: 4/8  Lbs: 175/ 165

Skull Crushers
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 20/ 20/ 25
Set: 2 Reps: 6/8 Lbs: 25/ 20

Rear Delt Flyes
Set: 3 Reps: 10/9/9 Lbs: 30/40/40 

Decline Crunch
Set: 3 Reps: 8 Lbs: 40

I've also begin to finally notice some major holds during my handstand practices, apart from walking (/ just trying to stay upside down for longer) I've also found it very helpful to push my head forward so to speak and visualize my center of gravity like if the gif I posted earlier. I've also been toying around with the idea of making the next challenge an entirely flexibility, yoga, and handstand related challenge and take a break from strength training for 4 weeks. One of the things holding my back though would be how to measure my growth, does anyone have and good ideas apart from just taking before/ after photos,thoughts? 

• Like 1

Week 1: Day 6 & 7- Oct 1-2nd

200w.gif

My GF had to fly to Michigan for the weekend to attend her grandparents funeral so I'm home by myself for this weekend, and while I'm sad that she is away its kind of nice to be by myself again for a few days. So today I made a big check list of everything that I wanted to get done today and so far its been going well, I've done quite a bit of adulting (cleaning up the kitchen and living room) but also made some progress in programming my own hand balancing yoga routine which I hope to be able to try out later tonight. 

Worked quite a bit on my yoga this weekend, completing almost 2h between Sat and Sunday. Tried a whole bunch of hand balancing stuff and learned just how far I have to come before I can consider myself any good at it >___<

• Like 2

Week 1 Review 9/26- 10/1/16

Took a few hits, but continued the battle

destiny gaming video game

A challenging week overall mainly due to the sheer amount of work that I've been doing at school. Took a few missteps during the week but in the end I'm positive that I've moved towards my goals this weeks. I've also spend a lot of time this week thinking about the future and what exactly I want to do, and how I want to progress with my training. I think I might spend the entire next challenge focusing on handstands and flexibility. 

Goal One: Go to the gym/workout 3x per week- 9 /18
Managed to make it to all of my scheduled workouts this week on Mon, Wed, and Fri, even if it took quite a bit of myown willpower and some habit tricks to get me into the gym, I'm very happy I stuck with my goals and made it every day. I also managed to complete a relatively easy yoga session with my students on Thursday and my own hand balancing routine on Saturday for a pretty active week overall. 

Average Weight this week = 167.6 lbs 

Progress towards goal: -4.7lbs/ 6lbs

FB% Average this week = 20.8%

Progress towards goal: -1.3 % / 2%

Current Measurements:

Abs/Waist:33 (-.25) [Start = 33.25] 

Arms (unflex/flex): 12/13.5 (-.5/ 0 ) [Start = 12.5/13.5]

Calf:14 (0) [Start = 14]

Chest: 40 (0) [Start = 40]

Hip: 33.5 (-0.5) [Start = 34]

Shoulders: 46.5 (0) [Start =46.5]

Thigh (R/L): 21.5 /21.5  (-0.5/ -0.5) [Start = 22/22]

Butt: 40 (0) [Start = 40]

Neck: 14 (0) [Start = 14]

My body fat % on my scale finally seemed to plummet (for no apparent reason) but I remember from last time I was reducing my BF% my body seems to woosh away entire % points over night instead of dropping them gradually as you'd normally expect. Either way I'm pretty happy about my weight loss goals for this week. I also noticed a small decrease in my hip and ab measurements which is also pretty exciting. I can't wait till I can fit into my old pants again >__< hahaha

Goal Three: Record all food intake in MFP (MyFitnessPal) for 6 weeks- 21/ 42 
Recording as best I can, I think I've missed  a few things here and there but for the most part I am recording everything that I am eating. Nutrition has been a real struggle this week as my sweet tooth has been almost insatiable, but for the most part I think I have done a great job of keeping the sugar demons at bay.   
Goal FourRead Spartan Fit- 239/239 Read The Paradox of Choice- 111/263

Didn't have a lot of time to read so far this week but I might carve out an hour or so on Sunday and try and finish this book off. I did end up finishing this book this week and have decided to take on a stretch goal and finish another book on my "to read" list the Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz. I was already about 100pgs in before I put it down so I might end up finishing this book quickly as well.  

Week 2: Day 1- Oct 4th, 2016

TL;DR Ryuu's workout is derailed (in a fun way), but he still manages to have an active day.

So I've started doing a short 20min yoga routine when I wake up and right before I go to bed at night to try and work on some of my flexibility issues and strengthen that area of my fitness, so far it is going well and actually leaves me feeling very refreshed and relaxed at both of those times during the day. My goal is to keep it up for at lease the rest of the challenge and then possibly use it as one of my goals for the next, and really try and build a habit out of it.

Decided to run with my students in cross country practice today for my cardio for the day and ended up running about 2 miles and some change before we started doing some hill runs, and then finished off with some sprints. After cross country I headed to the gym for my regular workout but as soon as I got there I got a text from my friend who asked if I wanted to go ride bikes. Since I know he is trying to be more active and it was a super nice day I decided to just do some handstand practice before heading over to his place to ride for about 30min, then since I obviously hadn't been active enough I went back to the gym and just completed 1/2 of my workout (pull ups and shoulder presses) since they're the main exercises from today's workout that I want to improve. Overall, it was wacky active day but today was a lot of fun :) 

• Like 2

Week 2: Day 2- Oct 5th, 2016

TL;DR Ryuu works on Flexibility and Spends some quality time with his GF.

Started with my 20 min morning yoga routine again, still going pretty well and I like how energyzing it makes me feel right after I get up. I'm normally pretty groggy right after I get up but getting up and immediately moving into some yoga stretches seems to work well formakeing me actually wake me up.

My students had their second Cross Country meet today and they Crushed it! We won 1st place for both guy and girls, so that was pretty awesome. But I got home and had wanted to do some more yoga but decided instead to spend some time watching Vikings and spending some quality time with my GF which was pretty nice too :3 

• Like 1

7422bc204d2d1ded134b9245ee75f75b.jpg

Finally finished the Mural I was working on for our School's Fall Festival, thought you guys might enjoy it :)

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

My students had their second Cross Country meet today and they Crushed it! We won 1st place for both guy and girls

Well done!

12 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

7422bc204d2d1ded134b9245ee75f75b.jpg

Finally finished the Mural I was working on for our School's Fall Festival, thought you guys might enjoy it :)

Wow, you can really paint! It's beautiful

Spoiler

I'm going to be out of town for a professional development conference for this weekend. I will update when I get home on Sunday

On 10/6/2016 at 1:44 AM, Terah said:

Well done!

Wow, you can really paint! It's beautiful

Thanks! It was a rush job but it was massive (thats a full sized cabinet that you can see in the background) so I did my best to try and get it done in the time limit.(they wanted it done in about 1 week- Friday to Friday)  I see all the mistakes but one of the nice things about working big, you can't really see any of them once you back up and a viewing them from a distance :D

• Like 1

Days 3-7 & Week 2 Review- 10/2-9/16

Notices how hard it is to keep up a routine away from home

destiny the game

The first part of this week went very well from Sunday- Thursday (morning) I managed to do some yoga almost every day (somedays two) and got into the gym to do my strength training two times. Tracking my food intake was easy and I was doing well staying in side my calorie goals. Then came Thursday night, I had 2 presentations that I was giving at the professional development conference that I was going to and had not had any time at all to complete them. So I ended up pulling an all nighter on Thursday so that I could finish them. Then once I got to the conference I hadn't gotten a hotel room so I was relying on the good will of others as to were I was going to sleep that night which was not only stressful but ended up causing even more problems for my sleep schedule. Finally there was the impossibility of finding cheap healthy options while trying to eat out. Why is anything that is "healthy" always more expensive...uhhh it was really frustrating. 

Goal One: Go to the gym/workout 3x per week- 12 /18
I only managed to get into the gym 2 times this week because of all the crazyness with the conference, but I did manage to find time for an in person yoga class that I found at a yoga studio near the conference. Plus all of the other yoga that I did this week should count for something so I'm counting all of the yoga I did as my other workout for the week. 

Average Weight this week = 165.6 lbs 

Progress towards goal: -6.7lbs/ 6lbs!!

FB% Average this week = 21.3%

Progress towards goal: -.8 % / 2%

Dropped past my lbs goal of 6lbs this week which is pretty exciting but my BF% seemed to go up again with is annoying :/ I have a feeling that my bodyweight is also going to go back up this week because of poor choices I made during the conference. Not that I didn't try to be healthy but at a lot of the eateries that we decided to go to all their "healthy" were so bland and over priced that I decided to try the semi-healthy option just to try more of the local faire. 

Goal Three: Record all food intake in MFP (MyFitnessPal) for 6 weeks- 26/ 42 
Recording when you're not cooking and at restaurants that are not in the MFP food data base (most local non-chain restaurants) is a real pain in the butt. I couldn't even find similar foods to what I had for most of the weekend and therefore wasn't able to track as well as I wanted too so I am only giving myself credit for 5/7 days of tracking for this week.
Goal Four: Read Spartan Fit- 239/239 The Paradox of Choice- 152/263

Got a decent chunk of my 2nd book read this week. Reading a few pages here and there really adds up in the long run. I should be able to finish my second book by challenge's end no problem! 

• Like 2

Week 3: Day 1- Oct 10th, 2016

TL;DR Ryuu does some house work and works on his D&D Story for the Doodles Image result for playing d&d

Because of the Hurricane, I'm "off" of work for three days which is kind of cool, but also really stinks because it completely messes with all of the plans that I had for this week for my students. Oh well, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth and I might as well use this time to be extra productive. So i just used this first day to clean the kitchen and do all of my laundry. I also worked a while on the D&D story that I'm DMing for the Doodles, it takes a while but boy is it fun. I've missed DMing and I hadn't realized how much untill I was able to completely invest a good chunk of time into today. I also went to the gym and completed my workout which is posted below 

5min Warm Up and Handstand Practice *had an excellent hold today!* 

Weighted Chin Up
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 10/ 25/ 45
Set: 2 Reps: 8/ 9 1/2  Lbs: 55/ 35

Handstand Push Ups
Set: 3 Reps: 6/6/8  Variation: head tap elevated on 45# plate

Seated Cable Row *with rope handle*
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 70/ 85/ 100
Set: 2 Reps: 6/8 Lbs: 140/ 120

Lateral Raise
Set: 3 Reps: 6/8/6 Lbs: 25/30/25 

Hanging Leg Raise
Set: 3 Reps: 9/9/8 Lbs: n/a 

• Like 1

Week 3: Day 2- Oct 11th, 2016

TL;DR ITS MY BIRTHDAY! birthday happy birthday its my birthday im old now 27 years old

Still out of work because of the bad flooding going on in parts of the county, so I spend my birthday enjoying some time on Destiny as well as a nice 1h session of yoga. As well as crafting some lore and adventures for my D&D party. Got a lovely birthday dinner of shrimp, pesto, and pasta and then we went out to get some frozen yogurt for desert. It was a good day. My wonderful GF also got me $1000 towards a pair of custom made Renn faire boots that I have been drooling over for about 12 years >_< so I'm actually going to finally get a pair this year when we go to the Renn Faire this weekend :D    

• Like 1

Week 3: Day 3- Oct 12th, 2016

TL;DR: Ryuu Works out and Cleans up

Another easy day since school is still closed. Was pretty lazy for most of the morning just playing on my PS4 and poking around here on the forums. Found some pretty cool non-combat random generators for D&D here and here and Donjon which has a random generator for just about everything you can think of for roll playing games. After lunch I got pretty productive and complete a short walk and my workout. I also plan to take a short bike ride with a friend here soon too. My workout is below:

5min Warm Up and Handstand Practice *had another great hold today! Wish I had been recording it*

Squats
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 135/ 155/ 175
Set: 2 Reps: 4/8  Lbs: 215*/ 195

*215 felt quite weird on my spine :/ not sure may want to get a weight belt

Deadlift
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 155/ 185/ 205
Set: 2 Reps: 6/8  Lbs: 245/225

Standing Calf Raise
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 255/ 275/ 295
Set: 2 Reps: 4/6 Lbs: 355/ 315

Dumbell Curls
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 20/25/30 
Set: 2 Reps: 4/6 Lbs: 40/ 35

Hammer Curls
Set: 2 Reps: 4/6 Lbs: 40/35 

Happy Birthday!. 

My experience with scales and BF% is not good.  My scale says I'm at 23% BF but my HS(Corpsman) and my own measurement show me closer to 16%.  I would recommend measuring once a week, or like I do, everyday and average the week.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Found some pretty cool non-combat random generators for D&D here and here and Donjon which has a random generator for just about everything you can think of for roll playing games.

I've got some more for you:

All monsters

Floor plan generator

Lots of riddles

Lots of dungeons

Lots of traps (and other cool stuff)

Funny traps

Almost all challenges we doodlies ever did

Rooms and more

Random spells

• Like 1
Spoiler

13 hours ago, Myrik said:

Happy Birthday!. 

My experience with scales and BF% is not good.  My scale says I'm at 23% BF but my HS(Corpsman) and my own measurement show me closer to 16%.  I would recommend measuring once a week, or like I do, everyday and average the week.

Thanks! Yeah that seems to be close to what I'm dealing with too, not sure why they are SO off but just seems weird for an expensive scale to be that far off the mark when I had another scale that was like $20 from Wall Mart that gave what appeared to be pretty close to accurate readings.

6 hours ago, Terah said:

O.O! Awesome! Thanks for the links!! :D

• Like 1

Days 4-7 Catch Up

I could have sworn I posted updates for Thursday and Friday on here but I guess I must have forgotten. So updates:

Thursday (10/13/16) Got a decent amount done last Thursday. Did 2 sessions of yoga my morning 20min routine and then a very intense 1 hour strength yoga workout that could have given any of my weight training workout a run for their money in intensity. Went on a 55min walk and a 45min bike ride totaling a very active day overall. 

Friday (10/14/16) Did my strength workout (below) and helped a friend chop down a tree that fell on his fence with a machete. It was surprisingly fun to be able to hack and hack at the tree, and while I got a blister it was totally worth it. 

Incline Bench Press
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 115/ 125/ 135
Set: 2 Reps: 4/9  Lbs: 165/ 145

Flat Bench Press
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 135/ 145/ 155
Set: 2 Reps: 5/8  Lbs: 175/ 165

Skull Crushers (Dumbbell)
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 20/ 20/ 25
Set: 2 Reps: 6/8 Lbs: 30/ 25

Rear Delt Flyes
Set: 3 Reps: 10/10/9 Lbs: 30/40/40 

Decline Crunch
Set: 3 Reps: 8 Lbs: 40 

[/spoiler]

Saturday (10/15/16) My GF and I went to the Renaissance Faire in Charlotte (about 4 hours away) it was a super long day, we got up at 6am and didn't get home till 8pm but it was a ton of fun. She also gave me my birthday present which was custom pair of the the Ren Faire leather boots which ended up costing almost $1300! O.O! My woman is too good to me. The boots should be in around Feb/ March and I'll be sure to post a picture when they come in! I also got my presents from my family (a Legend of Zelda nightlight, and a new hydration pack for extended exercise sessions) and I'm super ready to try them out.

Sunday (10/16/16) Sunday was a pretty sad day my GF got a call that one of her old coworkers died (so much death recently :( ) and we ended up driving to New Bern (1.5 h away) to go to a funeral, didn't really feel like doing much after that and just took the rest of the day off.

Week 3 Review- 10/10-16/2016

Enjoys his week off, his birthday, and a trip to the Renaissance Faire

Image result for barely balanced

One of my favorite things to see each year at the Renaissance Festival is Barely Balanced an acrobatic comedy show. I think that would be the coolest job ever! Maybe one day after I get my handstands down I'll be able to go on the road as a traveling acrobatics performer :D Well I can dream can't I? :P Just makes me 100% sure that my next challenge is going to be more about skills and flexibility than this challenge.

Goal One: Go to the gym/workout 3x per week- 15 /18
Got into the gym M/W/F this week completing all of my planned workout sessions but I also did a healthy dose of yoga and cardio by way of bike riding for an overall very active week.

Average Weight this week = 164.8 lbs 

Progress towards goal: -7.5/ 6lbs!!

FB% Average this week = 21.2%

Progress towards goal: -.9 % / 2%

Weight continuing to drop. Finally back to my "normal" about 165 but I know I've still got about 10lbs to go before I'm really where I'd like to be. Plus probably another 5 or so after that for my ultimate goal. Its great to have some progress and momentum, its going to be a long journey but I can get there. 

Goal Three: Record all food intake in MFP (MyFitnessPal) for 6 weeks- 26/ 42 
Recording went ok this week, up until we left for the Faire on Friday it was easy, but once again as soon as you leave your own kitchen eating healthy tends to get much harder. I'm also pretty sure I'm trying to cut a little bit too hard (trying to loose 2lbs a week) and I keep eating over my goal but that's one of the reasons I set it so low in the first place so I'm not sure if I want to raise my goal or not :/ I think I might up the cal goal so my goal is only 1.5lbs lost a week for the next challenge and see if that help with some of my "over" eating problems.
Goal Four: Read Spartan Fit- 239/239 The Paradox of Choice- 152/263

Shockingly didn't read very much this week instead focusing on creating my own story for our Doodles and D&D Campaign. I'm going to try and read a little more this week and still finish this book by the end of the challenge.

• Like 2