Ryuu1011 Rises in Iron

Ryuu1011

Your Saturday sounds a lot like mine.  I only had to drive 1.5 hours but still didn't get home till closer to 9pm.  It was a blast though.  Already planning to go back this season.  Might go 2 more times not sure yet.  Will be going the weekend of Thanksgiving for Celtic Christmas Themed weekend.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Myrik said:

Your Saturday sounds a lot like mine.  I only had to drive 1.5 hours but still didn't get home till closer to 9pm.  It was a blast though.  Already planning to go back this season.  Might go 2 more times not sure yet.  Will be going the weekend of Thanksgiving for Celtic Christmas Themed weekend.

Yeah I was amazed at just how quite the time went while we were there. I continually said to my GF "no, that can't be right there is no way it's X o' clock" Time flies when you're having fun I guess hahaha. I'd love to go back but with such a long drive and all of my other commitments I don't think it'll be possible. I'll just have to live vicariously though you while you're there for the Thanksgiving and Celtic Christmas weekends so don't forget to post all about them! :)

• Like 1

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Week 4: Day 1- Oct 17, 2016

TL;DR Ryuu weights up in his lifts! 

Completed my strength workout, morning and afternoon yoga stretches, and about a 40min bike ride! Today was a good Monday. Here's hoping the rest of the week goes as well as today did. Also doing handstand pushups is a really funny way to get people to be like "Wow, Bro!? You training for, like, ninja warrior?" >_< 

Image result for lift meme

Strength Workout 

5min Warm Up and Handstand Practice *eh not the best HS practice day 

Weighted Chin Up
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 10/25/45
Set: 2 Reps: 6 /8 Lbs: 60/ 40

Handstand Push Ups
Set: 3 Reps: 5/5/4 Variation: H Tap on 2 45lb plates 

Seated Cable Row *with rope handle*
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 70/85/100
Set: 2 Reps: 7/9 Lbs: 140/ 120

Lateral Raise
Set: 4 Reps: 6/8/8/8 Lbs: 25

Hanging Leg Raises
Set: 4 Reps: 9/9/9/9 Lbs: n/a

• Like 2

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

2 hours ago, Terah said:

raw

hahaha thanks. They have taken a long time to get down, and one day my goal is to be able to do them free standing but for now I've got to do them against a wall.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Yeah I was amazed at just how quite the time went while we were there. I continually said to my GF "no, that can't be right there is no way it's X o' clock" Time flies when you're having fun I guess hahaha. I'd love to go back but with such a long drive and all of my other commitments I don't think it'll be possible. I'll just have to live vicariously though you while you're there for the Thanksgiving and Celtic Christmas weekends so don't forget to post all about them! :)

For sure, I'll post lots of pictures.  We are thinking of doing our Christmas card photo there.

• Like 1

Week 4: Day 2- Oct 18, 2016

TL;DR 2 Hour delay = Time for yoga in the morning! 

It felt like everything got shifted around today because we were on a 2 hour delay, but I made good use of it and decided to get in a full 1 hour of yoga before school started. Afterwards was what felt like a pretty slow day even if we weren't in school for as long as a regular day. The kids are always wild after extended breaks and today was pretty standard in that regard. After work the rest of the day went by like a whirlwind but nothing of real note. Finished the day on a good and relaxing note by doing my evening yoga and reading a little from my book.

• Like 1

Week 4: Day 3- Oct 19, 2016

TL;DR Its going to be a long week

I'm not sure why but I was just dragging today. Even so I got a *lot* of exercise in today. Started today off with some nice waking up yoga, and then got back into the cross country groove with my team today and ran almost 3 miles before my 1 hour strength workout. And I plan to finish up with some nice before bed yoga too. Interestingly my spine was starting to feel a little weird when I was doing my squat and deadlifts last week so I decided to try out some of the leg press machines that they have at the gym today even though I normally don't touch them. I'm beginning to wonder if, as my spine is becoming more flexible because of the yoga, I'm "awakening"  some small muscles that I haven't really used before or if they are unuse to being so flexible and I'm basically retraining them to be strong and flexible. Though I really don't have any idea what's going on. Have any of you guys experienced anything like that?

Workout below:

5min Warm Up and Handstand Practice *very good Handstand day! Had some really nice holds and a walk almost all the way across the gym room that I train in

Leg Press
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 90/140/180
Set: 2 Reps: 6 /8 Lbs: 230/200

90 Degree Leg Press
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 90/110/140
Set: 2 Reps: 6 /8 Lbs: 160/ 140

Seated Calf Raise
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 25/50/75
Set: 2 Reps: 7/9 Lbs: 100/75

Dumbell Curls
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 20/25/30
Set: 2 Reps: 5/7 Lbs: 35/30

Hammer Curls
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 20/25/30
Set: 2 Reps: 5/7 Lbs: 35/30

fantasy destiny scifi ps4 cgi

Its only Wednesday and I feel like I'm really dragging this week, I know it's probably because of all the free time I had last week but it has just been rough getting back into the routine of school. And I guess I'm just now realizing how incredibly busy I'm going to be in November. I'm going to be flying to Denver CO for a professional development conference that  I was invited to present at, and then later that same week I'll be headed to Madrid, Spain! I'm sure I'll have some serious jet lag after that week! Then come the stresses of Thanksgiving and my first major observation by my principal, not that I think I'll fail its just always a stressful week knowing that your teaching is going to be judged. I'm just hoping with all of the craziness I'll be able to keep up some semblance of a workout routine and not back track too much, because I know I have a hard time keeping up with my workouts and healthy eating when I'm away from home. 

• Like 2

Week 4: Day 4-5 Oct 20-21, 2016

TL;DR Fights though the last part of the week and using his habits comes out on top

Thursday (10/20/16)

Thursday was another long work day for me, I didn't get home until well after 7:00pm from a combination of Cross Country practice, after school meetings and various other things I had to say at school for. The one good thing about today was that I knew it was going to be a long day at school and decided to take my yoga mat with me, and I was able to fit in a 30min yoga workout in between all the other things that was going on! Which I have a feeling was purely my habits saying "do yoga!" and just finding the time to fit it in, no excuses. :)

Sharktank1.png

Friday (10/21/16)

The culmination of a lot of hard work for me and my students happened today! Today was our Shark Tank (like Dragon's Door in the UK) where I invited "Sharks" from the community to come in and listen to my student's pitches for the inventions that they have been working on for the past three weeks. It was really exciting to see some of the kids soar and have other adults saying "Wow! That is an awesome idea, and something I could see myself investing in!" and then a little evilly gratifying to see some of the students crash and burn who didn't do the work (but of course told me that they were "finished") Even though it was a great day overall it was exhausting having other adults in my room judging and critiquing my students (and kind of me/ my lesson, by association). I wanted to just go home and crash but since I stated the habit of not letting myself go home until I made it to the gym I ended up completing my last strength workout for this challenge :D 

10 min Handstand Practice *eh handstand were ok today

Incline Bench Press
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 115/ 125/ 135
Set: 2 Reps: 5/7  Lbs: 165/ 155

Flat Bench Press
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 135/ 145/ 155
Set: 2 Reps: 7/9  Lbs: 175/ 165

Skull Crushers (Dumbbell)
Set: 3 Reps: 5/3/1 Lbs: 20/ 20/ 25
Set: 2 Reps: 7/9 Lbs: 30/ 25

Rear Delt Flyes
Set: 3 Reps: 10/10/10 Lbs: 30/40/40 

Ab Wheel Roll Out
Set: 3 Reps: 10 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

I wanted to just go home and crash but since I stated the habit of not letting myself go home until I made it to the gym I ended up completing my last strength workout for this challenge :D 

Well done! I hope the workout helped to relieve the stress. 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Week 4 Review- 10/17-23/2016

Had a hard week, but my habits helped me push though.

destiny the game

This was probably one of the "hardest" weeks of the challenge for me in terms of work and motivation but I made me amazed at just how powerful a lot of the habits that I've been forming are. Even when I didn't want to workout or do yoga (like at all) I would internally say something like "no excuses" or "you'll feel better after you're done" even saying things like "just go, all you have to do it step one foot in the gym and it counts" were really helpful in getting me to accomplish my goals.  

Goal One: Go to the gym/workout 3x per week- 18 /18
Made it! It was hard but I went every day and completed my strenght workouts :D Woot!
Goal Two: Loose 6lbs and 2%BF
Start: 172.3lbs Goal: 166lbs

Average Weight this week = 165.7 lbs 

Progress towards goal: -6.6/ 6lbs!!
Start: 22.1% BF Goal: >20%

FB% Average this week = 18.9%***

Progress towards goal: -3.2 / 2%

So heres where it gets odd... I found out that my fit bit scale has a feature called "lean mode" which it says is for those who workout actively multiple times per week and I figured that I'd give it a try off of lean mode my BF% was 20.7% on the scale and on lean mode it was 18.9% which is still quite a bit higher than the body fat results I get from my body composition tracking google sheet that I've been getting. According to the formula's on there I've lost 2.5%BF since the start of the challenge. Even though the numbers that they are giving me are quite a bit off from my scale too (start: 17.5% end: 15%) I think I'm going to stick with "lean mode" from now on just because it seems to be a closer representation. Even judging from these pictures that seems to be closer to where I think I am BF% wise:

18c37afee8ec8de03051c61c7f8c245a.jpg

Goal Three: Record all food intake in MFP (MyFitnessPal) for 6 weeks- 38/ 42 
Eating out, at small restaurants, is still the main problem with recording my food intake just because I have no idea how to record the dishes. Ive still tried but they are purely guesses and I'm sure they are fairly inaccurate
Goal Four: Read Spartan Fit- 239/239 + The Paradox of Choice- 155/263

Haven't really had any time to read lately unfortunately, even when I try to read before be I'm only abel to manage a few pages before I get so tired I just can't keep my eyes open. Eh either way at least I finished the 1st book that I wanted to  accomplish. 

Challenge Review Coming Soon...

• Like 1

Challenge Review- 9/12- 10/23/2016

Ryuu returned with a vengeance and smashed his goals! 

destiny the game

It is great to be back into the forums and just from this challenge alone I remember why I love it so much and had such success the last time I was very active on here. The awesome friends and the accountability of typing out and reviewing my goals each week is really a powerful tool.  

Goal One: Go to the gym/workout 3x per week- 18 /18 

Overall Grade: 18/18 = 100% A+ 

While challenging I was able to acomplish this goal in one way or another though will power and habit building making me happy that I did every all of the workouts that I wanted to do for this 6 week goal. 
Goal Two: Loose 6lbs and 2%BF
Overall Grade 1: (Weight Loss) 6.6/6 = 110% A+

Overall Grade 2: (Body Fat Loss) 3.2/ 2 or 2.5/2 = 125% - 160% A+ (ish)

Start: 172.3lbs Goal: 166lbs End: 165.7lbs
Start: 22.1% BF Goal: >20% End: 18.9%

Starting and Ending Measurements 

Start: Abs/Waist: 33.25                       End:  32             Progress: -1.25 

Start: Arms (unflex/flex): 12.5/13.5    End: 12.5/13.5   Progress: 0/0 

Start: Calf:14                                        End: 14              Progress: 0

Start: Chest: 40                                    End: 40.5           Progress: +0.5

Start: Hip: 34                                        End: 33               Progress: -1

Start: Shoulders: 46.5                         End: 46.5             Progress: 0 

Start: Thigh (R/L): 22/22                      End: 21.5/ 21.5   Progress: -0.5

Start: Butt: 40                                       End: 39.25          Progress: -0.75 

Start: Neck: 14                                     End: 14                Progress: 0

Even though my BF% was a little hard to measure I honestly think I killed this goal. Like I mentioned in my week 4 review basically no matter what source I use my body fat significantly decreased and overall I've lost almost 6lbs while undoubtedly putting on some muscle as well. I'm very happy with my progress to far. 

Goal Three: Record all food intake in MFP (MyFitnessPal) for 6 weeks- 38/ 42 
Overall Grade: 38/43 = 90% A-

I've learned a lot about myself and about my ability to stick with my nutritional goals while traveling, by trying to maintain this goal. Such that it is much harder to record when you don't have the information and that when out and about its best to stick with the grilled-chicken or seafood options at the restaurants that you don't know and don't have a "healthy options" menu. 

Goal Four: Read Spartan Fit- 239/239 + The Paradox of Choice- 155/263

Overall Grade: 394/239  = 165% A++

I considered giving myself a much lower grade on this goal but then I realized that I was already going above and beyond my initial goal by trying to read an extra book. Even though I didn't finish my stretch goal I still feel very good about all that I read during this challenge. Hopefully I can continue to improve my reading and continue to check books off of my "to read list" 

Next time I think I'm going to focus on improving my flexibility, my handstands, and the amount of sleep that I'm getting each night. I'll post the link to my next challenge here if you'd like to follow along with me again :) 

• Like 2

I'm late to your challenge but I just wanted to say I thought it looked really awesome.  I especially liked post #2 where  you had a recap of each week "hidden."  I can't figure out how to do some of the cool formatting things I'm seeing in the rebellion.  It looks like a cool way to get the meat of your challenge back to the top without it looking like a super long post.  Anyway, great job on your challenge and hanging in there when motivation was low!

• Like 2

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Wow you kill this full respawn.  Well done.  Looking forward to next month.  Do you use anything to track your books you have read and want to read?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Terah said:

Well done this challenge! 

Thanks! Playing D&D with the Doodles has been a great help when motivation was low and making sure I got back on here regularly :) Not sure if I'll be able to play for the next challenge because of all the travel that I'll be doing but I'll be sure to poke in from time to time at least :)

21 minutes ago, mom2sjm said:

I'm late to your challenge but I just wanted to say I thought it looked really awesome.  I especially liked post #2 where  you had a recap of each week "hidden."  I can't figure out how to do some of the cool formatting things I'm seeing in the rebellion.  It looks like a cool way to get the meat of your challenge back to the top without it looking like a super long post.  Anyway, great job on your challenge and hanging in there when motivation was low!

Thank you very much! I normally try and do a "space saver" as my second post to make sure that I can easily find all of my weekly reviews and my final review. It really helps if you ever want to go back and see what you did the the past with having to go though all of the pages of you actual challenge. Most of the formatting I do is just changing the size, bold, italics, and color of the font. If your curious about how to do sometime I'd be happy to help.  

18 minutes ago, Myrik said:

Wow you kill this full respawn.  Well done.  Looking forward to next month.  Do you use anything to track your books you have read and want to read?

Thanks!! :) I don't have anything official mostly just a head list. I'm really bad at remembering to try and read each day so its a pretty long list. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Myrik said:

Have you heard of Goodreads?  You can create a list of books and check them off as you finish them

I think I've heard of it in passing but I've never really looked into it

Just finished putting up my next challenge, you can find it here: Ryuu1011 Travels Across Hyrule :)