I'd just like to say how excited I am about my wife showing me this site and community! I think this may be just what the doctor ordered for giving me a good boot in the ass to get motivated.

Just a little about myself:

I've been pretty skinny my whole life. I know a lot of people would kill to have my metabolism, but I'd love to pack on some muscle and keep it there! Plus it kinda sucks to be so bony that the front of your shins feel like razor blades. Wait, does that count as a super power??

Currently playing: Kingdom of Amalur. I didn't feel like diving into Skyrm just yet!

Watching: Just snagged a used blu-ray of Star Wars Episodes 4-6 and it has reminded me how awesome it is, so I dug out my wife's old Star Wars books from the attic.

Just replied to you on the other thread, hadn't noticed you were new here too, good to see a fellow newbie starting with the same rough character sheet. Hopefully we can both go from the skeleton warrior look to something a little more 3D with a bit of time here. Good to have you aboard :D

Also nicely done with the blu-ray Star Wars, but alas I've never read any of the books. Any good?

This will be the first time I've read any of the books, but I'm about 1/3 of the way through one right now that takes place between episode 5 and 6, and so far it's light fluffy trash fiction, exactly what I've been wanting to read after just getting done with a 6 part fantasy series that seemed like would never end. The author stays pretty true to the characters so far.

It's been a long time since I've read a Star Wars novel, but I remember the single novels being pretty fast-paced and some of the trilogies dragging a little. Of course, I haven't read a Star Wars novel since Episode 1 came out, so I am no longer an authoritative source. (There are a couple of short story anthologies, too, if you want a quick hit or wish you knew what the deal with the aliens in Jabba's palace or the Mos Eisley Cantina was.)