Maigahane Does What She Can

Maigs

So in the first official week of this challenge I'm having surgery. It's relatively minor (and nothing scary I promise) but I'll still be on limited activity for a while. Not really sure how long. The surgeon said I could be feeling well enough to go back to work within a week but suggested taking too weeks off in case I needed it. I'm guessing lifting will be out for a bit so this challenge will be to concentrate on what I can do.

Also, my sister's wedding is going to be at the very beginning of the next challenge and 6 weeks from tomorrow. So this will effectively be a six week challenge for me. I would LOVE to be 160lbs (-12lbs) by the wedding, but more realistically I'd like to be 165lbs (-7lbs). Since I won't be strength training I won't have to worry about muscle growth conflicting with weight loss.

Maigahane will eat like a non-asshole - I've been slacking on the proper food choices. I'm going to really concentrate on eating real food in proper quantities. Starting tomorrow I'm going to experiment with the idea of planning out all of my food the day before, aiming for about 1500 calories. If I'm still hungry after the planned food I can still eat but it has to be plain freggies

Maigahane will keep moving as much as possible - Before surgery I will get at least 10k steps a day. After surgery I will get as much as I reasonably can without overtaxing myself. This will really be a play it by ear thing since I have no idea how much I'll be able to do in recovery. As long as I get either 10k steps or walk as much as I feel able to I'll count it

Maigahane will keep herself limber - I keep slacking off on the stretching, both in general and specifically for my plantar faciitis. My goal is to spend at least some time every day stretching

Grading and rewards:
100% = Liar. Quit lying
90%+ = Boom bitches! I get to buy adjustable dumbbells to keep at home plus the reward for 80%+
80%+ = Valiant effort! I get a "me" day. I get to do what I want for a full day. If it's not too cold by then it might involve spending the whole day reading a book in my hammock with a break for lunch/dinner at my favorite restaurant
70%+ = Meh, not horrible... I get (have?) to go get a psychic reading. I've kinda wanted to do this for a while for S&Gs though it could be less entertaining than I'd like
<70% = Fail. I must spend an hour straight on the dreadmill as penance

Bonus points for getting to 165lbs - I get to track down a tattoo artist to start designing my next tattoo. It will probably be on my side or my back so I wanted to be skinnier before I got it

• Like 9

Current Challenge:  Maigs Starts Over

I love your rewards system! Especially having the "dreadmill" as a stick in addition to a carrot that I envy :)

-7lbs is totally do-able for 6 weeks out. Especially if you're planning everything out the day before! It's a great tool, framing it all out in your mind ahead of time.

Also, there's an MWOD on prepping for surgery - try jumping in at ~11 minutes! 

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Following! I love your reward/penalty system! The threat of an hour on a treadmill would keep me motivated too. 

What style of tattoo are looking at getting?

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

I like this :D

Rewards system is looking great, and I second CQ's tattoo question.

And I hope all goes well with the surgery when it rolls around.

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

HI there Maigs :)

Good to see ya back and ready to kick ass. Like everyone has said, the reward system is swanky. I'm doing something similar for mine but I'm giggling at all the commentary haha! You'll nail the weight loss just stay diligent and maybe experiment with micro fasting. :eagerness:

W0lf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

16 hours ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

I love your rewards system! Especially having the "dreadmill" as a stick in addition to a carrot that I envy :)

-7lbs is totally do-able for 6 weeks out. Especially if you're planning everything out the day before! It's a great tool, framing it all out in your mind ahead of time.

Also, there's an MWOD on prepping for surgery - try jumping in at ~11 minutes! 

Thanks! Which carrot are you envying? Thanks for the video, I'll have to watch it when hubs isn't watching Archer

12 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Following! I love your reward/penalty system! The threat of an hour on a treadmill would keep me motivated too.

Yeah, an hour straight on that thing is terrifying :P

12 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

What style of tattoo are looking at getting?

11 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

I second CQ's tattoo question.

Well....that's part of the problem I have no idea. I definitely want two more. One will be a personalized paw print for each of my animals that have permanent places in my heart, currently at three but I want room to grow. BUT I have such a vague idea of what the other one will be that I don't want to get the paw prints until I have that one figured out better so I don't wish I had put it somewhere else.

My family is doing vaguely matching tattoos where they each have a heart but are personalized to the person. Mom got one that's a tree where the boughs form a heart with five birds flying away (for her 5 kids). One sister got one that's a heart made out of leafy vines with a leaf colored each of the siblings favorite colors. Another sister is planning one that's a birds nest that has birds (and flowers I think) that make her think of each of us that...looks into her chest at her heart....I think (I never completely understood her idea). All I know about mine is it needs to have either music and/or nature. If it ends up with a piece of music written out I know what song it will be from, but that's as far as I made it. I don't remember us talking about it referencing all the siblings but so far they all have so it would be nice if mine did too. Since I'm the least creative person (Ever. Of all time) I'm still stuck even though I've been planning it since I got my first one....6 years ago I think.

7 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

I'm doing something similar for mine but I'm giggling at all the commentary haha!

I had way too much fun thinking of the "100% Liar. Quit lying" part. I wrote that post up while gaming and almost laughed out loud at myself

7 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

You'll nail the weight loss just stay diligent and maybe experiment with micro fasting. :eagerness:

I occasionally do psuedo-fasting but I have to be careful with it. My blood sugar isn't low enough to be hypoglycemia but it's on the low end of normal so true fasting can end badly for me. But a freggie only fast is doable and an idea I'm keeping in mind during this challenge

• Like 2

Day 1 - Sunday

Food - Rangered. 1500 cals despite Hubs insistence in biscuits and gravy for breakfast (550 cals with just two biscuits)
Steps - Rangered. 11,740 steps. I wore my poor dog out :)
Stretching - Rangered. Tried first thing in the morning, was too cold but did it again before bed

Grade - 100% so far

And last night before bed I planned out my food for today with room for grazing on veggies and ranch dip we bought for some people who were supposed to come over yesterday and no-showed

• Like 2

Good luck with the surgery.  These goals seem totally doable.... even the 100%!

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

On 9/18/2016 at 1:36 PM, Maigahane said:

Which carrot are you envying?

The adjustable dumbbels :) I'd take the "me" day, too... 

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Following! I'm rooting for you to get those dumbbells! Do you know which ones you'd buy?

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Day 2 - Monday

Food - Rangered. 1450cals. And I got food planned out for today, 1250 cals before veggies
Steps - Rangered. 10,600 steps
Stretching - Rangered. I've completely lost what little flexibility I had in my legs. Lots of funny faces and pathetic noises were had last night

Grade - Still 100% so far

This morning I weighed exactly 170lbs. I'm thisclose to being in the 160's!

I might have to get a little creative today to get all of my steps in. We're driving to the next city (1 hour away) to test drive a car after work. We might end up with a twilight/after sunset walk

• Like 4

Day 3 - Tuesday

Food - Rangered. 1200cals. Ended up low since I forgot my banana and we didn't get home from car shopping until after 8pm so no veggie snacking
Steps - Rangered, barely. We got back after 8 and I was at 7600 steps so I grabbed the dog and a flashlight and did a mile loop. Ended the day with 10,600...again

Stretching - Rangered. Had to make it quick since it was late but I got it in

Grade - Still 100% so far. Tonight's food will be somewhat interesting. We made a bean dip for gaming Sunday and then no one showed up. So we decided that tonight we'll eat chips and dip and veggies for dinner to use it all up while playing board games. I wasn't planning on having any of the dip so I didn't calculate out the calories and something like that will be hard to keep track of how much I've had. But I'll do my best

Does anyone else hate car shopping? I'm really struggling with the idea of spending so much money on something I'll put less than 50 miles on most weeks but I can't find a used car that I want (since apparently when people buy small hatchback/wagons they keep them forever)

• Like 2

Day 4 - Wednesday

Food -Nope. I was all prepared to calculate how many calories were in the bean dip, and then I didn't think to track how many chips I ate. Oops
Steps - Rangered. 10,400. I would definitely be lacking on my steps if this wasn't a goal. I took THREE walks yesterday and still barely went over 10k

Stretching - Rangered.

Grade - 11/12 = 92%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maigahane said:

I should figure out a way to make my updates more interesting

One word. Cats

Pamily cat blowdryer love animals

Well done on Rangering all your goals. 93% is awesome, keep up the great work.

• Like 4

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

HOLY SHIT GUYS I'M IN THE "NORMAL" BMI!

I don't put much weight (see what I did there?) in BMI's since they're designed for statistical purposes, not for individuals but as of this morning I weighed 168.8 which puts my BMI at 24.92. That hit way harder than I expected, I'm fighting back happy tears right now.

Oh, and to make things better, I pulled out some of my "someday" shirts and two of them fit!! I'm gonna go do some happy dances then watch Hub's next game in the company softball tournament

• Like 6

Day 6 - Friday

Food -Rangered. 1750cals
Steps - Rangered. 10,100 steps

Stretching - Rangered.

Grade - 17/18 = 93%

Today's steps might be a challenge since it's been raining most of the day and looks like it will continue for a while. I'll do what I can though.

My brain really wants to over-ranger things again. I have to keep reminding myself that this is not the time to re-start C25k or strength training since surgery is in a week. I put the C25k app back on my phone last night so I'll be starting that back up once I'm able. And this motivation was before I stopped being fat this morning :P

• Like 2

Congratulations!! That's such an awesome feeling. I fluctuate up and down on the border of "normal" and "overweight" BMI but that feeling when I first hit the "normal" range was just amazing~ 

Nice work resisting the rangerbrain too! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Congratulations on the BMI and the t-shirts!

Ginger tabbies are the best! I might be biased on that, though.

b553c329c633e9d4d2e10c9c65ce2c44.jpg

• Like 2

2020 Races: 

Day 7 - Saturday

Food -Rangered. 1950cals.
Steps - Nope :( Only got 4,100 in. It rained most of the day and I really didn't want to go to the gym and plod on the dreadmill

Stretching - Rangered.

Grade - 19/21 = 90%

I hate making updates on my phone but that's where all my cat pictures are so a picture will follow soon :)