• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ensi

Ensi: The Fox Runs a Business {Comic Journaling}

Hello, Druids! Time for another challenge :) This time around, I'm trying something different!

Sfed0OP.gif

BODY STRATEGY

I’m having a course on organizational communications, and I’ve learned that in order for a company to thrive, it needs a business strategy. This challenge is a start for my body strategy: I will determine rules and instructions that I can follow in order to reach my body goal, which is currently to weight 68 kg / 149 lbs. The body strategy will help me deal with unexpected situations, and make sure that I'm working towards my main goal.

tumblr_nbacdzlPot1rw3flto1_500.gif

Current Main Goal

weigh 68 kg by Christmas 2016.

Challenges

Uncontrolled eating, false idea of current situation, failure to plan.

Solutions

Create a body strategy. Assess the current situation, find the things to improve on, and create instructions that’ll help you deal with unexpected situations. This will remove the emotion from decision-making, and reinforces the feeling of being in control.

Known associates and resources

Nerd Fitness, Mom, my brother, friends. Myfitness application. Youtube, Pinterest.

Body history and current situation

25, female, 170 cm / 71 kg

I’ve been overweight since childhood; I’ve been somewhat active, especially during my teenage years, but my food choices have been poor. It’s been two years since I started losing weight for real, and I’m currently down 19 kg / 41 lbs (90 kg / 198 lbs -> 71 kg / 156 lbs). I lost 7 kg last winter, and maintained around 71 kg during the summer. Now I feel like I’ve hit a plateau, and I struggle to maintain. I’ve been doing this for so long that I’ve got confident in wrong ways – it’s time to hit the refresh button!

I’m currently seeing a psychologist, and I’m working on some issues that have been causing me anxiety for years (bullying, abuse). My problem has always been that I haven't felt like I have the right to determine how my body looks like and what it does - I haven't been my own leader. Things are starting to look better, and this is also affecting my weight loss motivation: I felt very “meh” the whole summer, thinking negatively and seeing losing weight as pointless. Now that I’m dealing with the issues I have, I’ve also found my will to keep getting healthier, as well. It's been very empowering to realize that I am my own leader, and I have the right to get myself and this body where I want.

I'm in a good place to start working on finding new solutions and strategies!

Tracking success

I will be weighing myself in on every day, and write down a weekly average on Sundays. This is only for the duration of this first challenge: tracking weight will give me an idea of how the body strategy works.

I'm having three goals this time around.

Goal 1: Mental Toughness

No better ally than your own feelings and mindset! This is a mental challenge that needs to be done daily. This needs to be done all day, but 5 minutes of mindful focused Mental Toughness training a day will be a good addition. How to cultivate Mental Toughness:

• visualize success (see yourself skipping that snack, remember the rewards)
  • talk positively to yourself
  • remember that bad things aren’t permanent, pervasive, or personal; good things are
  • don’t follow someone else’s program: lead yourself according to your own

Goal 2: Nutrition

Track 4 days a week. Nutrition guidelines are as follows:

• 1600 kcal a day
  • 3 meals, 2 snacks: 400 breakfast, 200 snack, 400 lunch, 200 snack, 400 dinner
  • one treat allowed daily
  • one bigger treat allowed weekly

In case of snack attack

Has it been over two hours since your last meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner?) Have a snack.

Allowed snacks:

• one portion of vegetables
  • one portion of fruit
  • a boiled egg
  • avocado

Goal 3: Exercise

All about getting the body moving after a long time of "meh". Exercise is supposed to support the body's energy levels, not to break it.

• 2 strength training exercises a week, 30 min at a time
  • a light yoga session every day

Here we go! I'm starting officially tomorrow with a weigh-in. Let's do this!

tumblr_m9289yD8m61rzhv5ho1_500.gif

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, Terah said:

That sounds like a very sensible plan. Good luck!

Thanks! <3 And it sounds like a plan, which I've been lacking for a long time :'D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deftona said:

Yay for business fox! 

tumblr_n0dnznNNqf1tqb9sdo1_500.gif

52 minutes ago, SomeGuyFromScotland said:

Following as always, Ens!

Woot woot! Glad to have you both, as usual <3 <3

18 hours ago, Liam P Boyle said:

Love the comics - Best of luck - Huzzah for giving yourself a plan, just remember the best plans are always somewhat fluid and leave room for modification and adaptation if needed.

Thanks!! You're so right about leaving some room for modification :D I actually just read that a business strategy should have some room for spontaneous events and unexpected setbacks. I'm aiming to follow my strategy 80 % and make modifications to the strategy in the next challenge, if need be :)

17 hours ago, deftona said:

YAY I MADE THE COMIC AGAIN!!! 

I cannot tell you how pleased I am when you feature me in your comic! 

You make the comics better! <3 I think I should include more NF people... We can't be in the same place IRL (all that often, eh?), but it's possible in comics!

6 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Happy sharks are the best sharks <3

This looks like a great challenge! 

Happy sharks are <3

Shark_Petting.gif

Thanks, the Foxy Corporations thanks you for complimenting the strategy :D

LMFAOO today's been a trainwreck :DD I dropped my phone in the dishwater, and it's not working properly. I'm also feeling a bit sick, and just when I was about to get some quality time talking to my crush, one of my friends drops in the way and my crush keeps on walking his loss. And once I got to the library, I realized that I had forgotten my laptop home.

Well, because I'm no victim here, let's see: 1) This is a great opportunity to practice Mental Toughness, 2) my phone worked well enough to let me catch a Venomoth (of course I checked that my Pokémon were safe!), 3) that crush is a numbnut anyway and 4) this too shall pass AND 5) I found some very good material for my thesis AND 6) food's been on point AND 7) I live approximately 200 m away from the library so, uh, I just went to get the laptop on my lunch break lol.

Well, it was a bit difficult to steer the mood for better, but I think I managed it fine. Yesterday's calories were 1550, and I'm tracking today (without the phone, though). Let's hope this trainwreck is headed to a good direction...

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Terah said:

Glad you can still laugh at yourself :D 

Put your phone in some rice to let it dry out and get an early bed <3

I always try to remember infomercials when I'm clumsy...

tumblr_mcbjajs6Pp1rjadewo1_400.gif

tumblr_mdb2m1yJ1Z1qdlh1io1_500.gif

g999Bbx.gif

Much better!

1 minute ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

And this is why I have a waterproof, impact resistant phone ;-)

Just don't ask me about the bokken/mobile phone ass armor incident.

Maybe I should have bought a phone like that :'D  Thank goodness my phone is working now, it just needed to dry up for a couple of hours. Phew!

Tell me about the bokken/mobile phone ass armor incident!!

• Like 2

Basically, I had, at the time a Galaxy Note 3, and my Historical European Martial Arts club (I'm the main organizer and "instructor" {I use that term loosely}) was in full swing.  As we were wrapping up a practice my step daughter, Post Emo Girl, thought it would be funny to swat me in the hindquarters with a training sword.  So she ramps up and hits me full in the ass right over the pocket my phone was in.  Score training blade 1, Note 3 0.  The phone was totaled.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

As we were wrapping up a practice my step daughter, Post Emo Girl, thought it would be funny to swat me in the hindquarters with a training sword.  So she ramps up and hits me full in the ass right over the pocket my phone was in.  Score training blade 1, Note 3 0.  The phone was totaled.

:D:D:D

Sorry to hijack your thread for a bit, Ensi, but: 

Do you happen to have a sword-proof phone now? If so, which one? (Not that I need a sword proof phone, but a pony-proof phone would be nice...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Currently I have the Samsung S7 Active.  However, I cannot say how sword or pony-proof it might be.  However, a member of my household (SquirrelKing) had his fall onto the road while actively bicycling, and it wasn't even scratched.

Thank you! :)

And thank you for your patience, Ensi! :) Back to foxes, business, and sharks. Must never forget Le Shark! 

13 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Basically, I had, at the time a Galaxy Note 3, and my Historical European Martial Arts club (I'm the main organizer and "instructor" {I use that term loosely}) was in full swing.  As we were wrapping up a practice my step daughter, Post Emo Girl, thought it would be funny to swat me in the hindquarters with a training sword.  So she ramps up and hits me full in the ass right over the pocket my phone was in.  Score training blade 1, Note 3 0.  The phone was totaled.

LOL!! You must have been proud of her on some level, right? :D

10 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

And now back to our regularly scheduled program. :D

9 hours ago, Swampling said:

And thank you for your patience, Ensi! :) Back to foxes, business, and sharks. Must never forget Le Shark! 

tumblr_nlab2nJk7t1tnr350o1_400.gif

Note to self: budget hiring of elderly ladies to keep losers off the lawn

12 hours ago, Atrytone said:

Following for the awesome plan.

Yay, welcome! The plan is awesome, let's try and keep the execution up to it... :'D

11 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Following for an excellent plan, Foxy Business, lovely comics where anything can happen, and trainwrecks turned into opportunities for greatness! 

Super happy to have you, as usual! <3

So, some hormonal lady problems going on spotting again :/ which explains why I've been so nauseous and tired. Well, nothing I can do about them, except keep working on my mental issues and trust that my body finds balance as the stress wears away :) I was very nauseous yesterday, but managed my studies. My brain's foggy because of all the hormonal shenanigans and it's hard to concentrate, but I try to take one step at a time. I'm sure I can manage everything with the support system I have :)

Morning weight yesterday way 72 kg, and this morning, 71 kg (look at that bloating goooooo). I already see a difference in the way I look; the constant snacking was making me bloat x__x Calories were around 1600, and I had my daily treat. It really helps to have a small treat daily! This morning, I wanted some variety to my breakfast, so I made some eggplant "pizza", and a quiche. I just had a lot of eggplant in the fridge and a carton of egg whites, so... I also used tomatoes, so I'm doing well on the veggie front this morning :D

My friend just invited me for a coffee this afternoon, so I'm going to study this morning and go meet her later on. Have a lovely Tuesday, everyone!

• Like 4

Veggie-filled breakfast, which will last me a couple of days:

001d3b97ff9da60441e9f69764e05756.jpg

1c0ed4d281b8861d85605ccc42997d8f.jpg

Lähetetty minun SM-J500FN laitteesta Tapatalkilla

This looks so goooood

sent from somewhere in history

• Like 1