A Huge Hello to My Fellow Fitness Nerds!!

So I've been an email reciever of NF for about a month and a half and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! =] But... I only just joined the HQ yesterday!! I know I'm crazy and way behind!! =/

So what's my story... Well in May of last year I made a decision to change who I was. At 22 years old, 5'9", and 317lbs you could say I was severly unhealthy, and heading to an early grave. So what was my problem? believe it or not... I actually really liked who i was no matter what i looked like so it made it hard for me to see that i was unhealthy. What Made me want to change who I was and prove to myself and others that i could do it... My mom. She had a Gastric Sleeve surgery and was closely approaching me in weight and in size, and it scared me to think that i would be the big one in the family. So I made a decision to go to "Fat Camp" <--- yes legit! i went to Camp Shane for 3 weeks in June of last year. Prior to that time i had lost 20lbs on my own in 1 month of just exercising 4-5 days a week, and changing my diet a bit. I lost 15lbs at Camp, and when I came home i was firmly planted on the weight loss train. I trained for my 1st 5k which I ran in October of 2011. I ran my 1st 5 miler race in November of 2011. I started training for the Tough Mudder in December (my race is in April!). I started training for my 1st 1/2 marathon (Race is in May 2012) in February of 2012. I also Started a P90x challenge in February as well. My last count on weight loss is 72lbs, i'm shooting for -100 by May of 2012 that'll be 100lbs in 1 year!

I workout 2 times aday nearly 6 days a week. I'm certafiably addicted, and i absolutely love it! I went Paleo in Feb 2012 and thus far I LOVE IT!! i love the feeling of clean food! =] (and i've really enjoyed cooking new things too!!) I've been on my quest to be able to do my 1st pullup unassisted. It's a very slow process but i know if i keep working at it i'll get there! Its Early March of 2012 and I'm 23 years old, 5'9", and 245lbs; I'd say that i've changed who i am for the better and it can honestly only go up from here!! =]

I look forward to fitness chats with people! this is honestly my passion so any advice that anyone wants to give or any questions anyone has for me i will gladly field!! =]

<3 Kaitlyn! =]

Welcome, Kaitlyn! I think part of my "problem" with trying to get healthy or lose weight was always that I liked who I was/am too :) Sometimes it seems a little silly that self-love can be the thing that keeps us from doing what's good for us, but it sounds like you have made excellent progress and are loving yourself more and more. We're glad to have you!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Yup... this was an issue with me, too. I actually pretty much gave up a promotion, and the whole concept of promotion because I liked what I was doing. There were always parts of where I was that I didn't like, and that's what I'm trying to do now, get rid of those parts while I keep most of the things I liked. So far so good.

Anyway, Welcome, and great job so far!