• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarkyfishguts Unplugged

I'm drinking ginger peach green tea. I really like it plain, but on Sundays I like to put a whole teaspoon of sugar in it, so it takes like a I'm drinking a gummi peach ring. I love those things.

You know, I can spend a whole morning thinking about what to write on these things. What should my challenge be? Am I on track? What do I need to do differently? 

And with some help of friends here, I realized....I need to take a break. I need to take the day and be in it 100%. I've set a timer to spend 30 minutes online. That's enough time to answer emails, post #inktober sketches on instagram, and "like" pictures of my family and all the baby pictures. That's enough time to write a blog post, to read some nerd fitness posts, and tweet about puppies with flobby faces.

When the timer goes off, I'm done. I log off, and I move along.

And there it goes so I'm done for today :)

Have a great challenge, everyone!

• Like 9

Oooh I love this as an idea for a challenge! It's a great way of participating and also taking a break at the same time, great idea!

Also, it got me thinking about MTV Unplugged and how much I want a Snarkyfishguts gig.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, deftona said:

Oooh I love this as an idea for a challenge! It's a great way of participating and also taking a break at the same time, great idea!

Also, it got me thinking about MTV Unplugged and how much I want a Snarkyfishguts gig.

Thanks! I thought it was a good compromise!

I would totally do a gig for you. And I would do it for free because I really think you would ask for a time refund :)

15 hours ago, maegs said:

This reminds me of a saying I've heard, "Do what you are doing". It seems to fit well with your challenge :) 

I've never heard that. Except from my dentist!

14 hours ago, SomeGuyFromScotland said:

Wheeeeeeeeee!

Hiyeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

6 hours ago, Terah said:

Hi :) 

Hi Terah!! Great to see you

• Like 4

Following!  I really liked your assessment of how social media is affecting your goals.  I'm really interested to see how this works for you.. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Following!  I really liked your assessment of how social media is affecting your goals.  I'm really interested to see how this works for you.. 

Thanks Shello! It's a fun experiment!

21 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

That sounds absolutely scrumptious.

It is! For me, one cup is enough. I went for a second cup and the magic was gone. But the ginger peach? I can drink that all day. 

20 hours ago, Atrytone said:

Following for an interesting challenge and awesome tea choices.

Yay! Welcome!

11 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Tell me everything. 

It has a creamy feel to it, but there's no cream in it! It's from republic of tea. 

• Like 5

Yesterday I turned off all the notifications for messenging apps that I forgot about. I can still get messages now, but when I'm ready. The notification dings really create an intense anxious response! How Pavlovian! I had a lot of messages this morning, but it's worth having all those hours without dings, chimes, and alarms. I don't have to be immediately available.

Today's tea is peppermint. It's refreshing and soothes the belly. It's not sweet but if I added sugar it would taste like dessert. 

• Like 9

An excellent idea for a challenge! I think I'm going to borrow the idea, though it might have to be a little more than 30 minutes to get everything done. Or is that only the amount of time you spend on social media? It takes me about 20 minutes to get through my email in the morning so maybe I'll just not count email time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LadyShello said:

742f69a6dcfa1177bd1de4b33dd6e8c7.jpg

Goats and Tea! I love that you find these!

23 hours ago, AthenaMM said:

An excellent idea for a challenge! I think I'm going to borrow the idea, though it might have to be a little more than 30 minutes to get everything done. Or is that only the amount of time you spend on social media? It takes me about 20 minutes to get through my email in the morning so maybe I'll just not count email time.

I pretty much count anything that isnt productive along with social media. So emails, messages, websites all count. I do check my email after dinner in case a new client writes to me, but that doesnt take any time at all.  

But if I'm online watching an instructional video related to my work or habing an online discussion group for work, that's productive and doesnt count. So far the reality is that I spend 20 minutes online in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening. I don't know how I'll feel at the end of the challenge, but right now I feel relieved.

19 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Also, peppermint is great for digestive issues.

That's goes with what I said :)

• Like 4

On 9/21/2016 at 9:50 AM, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Does Celestial Seasons still make Orange Zinger?  That was always a good one.

I have no idea! If I see a box, I'll let you know! My favorite tea for a while was Ginger Twist by lipton, but they stopped making it! (dramatic sobs)  This was the second orange tea I've tried this year, and I'm just not a fan. Also not a huge fan of blueberry teas.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

I always liked Celestial Season "Tension Tamer" myself

My dad is a big fan of that one!

2 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Yogi "vanilla spice" tea and "vanilla hazelnut," celestial seasonings "country peach," and forte "ginger lemongrass" are all super yummy teas too.

...I'm going to have to go tea hunting this weekend.

vanilla hazelnut sounds amazing!!! I might have to go tea shopping myself :D

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Nice challenge. My fav right now is pumpkin spice tea.

Ooooooh I had that last year, and it was so good. Nice!!

• Like 2

Today my online time has been broken up throughout the day, and I find I don't like it as much as when I'm just online for 30 minutes and then cheat a little later in the day. I think I really need the hours of being offline.

Yesterday my doctor prescribed an antidepressant for my PMS mood drops. PMS is now on my chart and it seems so odd. I knew women had it, and I knew I had it,  but I didn't know it was something that could go on a chart. She made me feel really normal about it, and I find it a relief to feel normal. While I knew that the moods were impacting my quality of life, I didn't realize how much I internalized the message that there was something "wrong" with me. Now I feel like I'm okay as a person,  and we're addressing an issue.

I fell into the "I need stuff!" trap this morning. I had this list of stuff that I "need". But I realized, I don't need any of it. It wouldn't make a difference in my life. Not really. And for the money I would've spent on all that stuff, I could fly somewhere and hike in new and exciting landscape. One day I might actually need the stuff. But today, the only thing I need is lunch and quiet time.

• Like 6